Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Fingerpori still needs scanning.

The Accidental Space Spy

Hempuli posted:

443 - I’ve got a hair
444 - No neck
445 - Marbelimba
446 - Prominent guests

447 - Garden

448 - Very naughty

449 - Stress

Alien species seen: 122 (+1; scthrahnxians)
:biotruths:: 31
Talking character deaths: 55
Deaths overall: 89+
Etiquette deaths: 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Just cranking out new thread titles left and right here

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Are you a bad enough dude to seduce the president?

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

Someone must be utterly shattered about the lack of clowns, which, same

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
-having rolled the Pheromone dice you can perform a re-roll, at the cost of increasing your Desperation counter by 1 per previous failed check. Alternatively you can play a card from the Seduction Deck. (NB: the Suggestion Deck auto-discard mechanic is not active during this phase of game play.) If the resulting Chemistry and/or Persuasion checks exceed the target's Mores rating, you may advance your Concupiscence Marker to the next stage of the Carnality Track. Play then continues on to Phase Seven, which-

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Athena and Ben yelling president-seduction advice like it's a sport on TV: hilarious.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

readingatwork posted:

And that's the end of chapter 1.

OK, time for chapter 2

John Doe

Blind Alley

readingatwork has a new favorite as of 15:27 on Aug 20, 2023

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Tree Bucket posted:

-having rolled the Pheromone dice you can perform a re-roll, at the cost of increasing your Desperation counter by 1 per previous failed check. Alternatively you can play a card from the Seduction Deck. (NB: the Suggestion Deck auto-discard mechanic is not active during this phase of game play.) If the resulting Chemistry and/or Persuasion checks exceed the target's Mores rating, you may advance your Concupiscence Marker to the next stage of the Carnality Track. Play then continues on to Phase Seven, which-

Tbh I think the "intentionally obtuse, extremely strict etiquette rules" part of this storyline would work great as a hidden-identity cardgame

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Hempuli posted:

Tbh I think the "intentionally obtuse, extremely strict etiquette rules" part of this storyline would work great as a hidden-identity cardgame

Please. Please. I cannot go down this road of writing alien romance card games. I can't. I can't be that person, carefully tweaking the Sexual Rampage Phase mechanics. Please, no

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I know Ben sucks, but isn't Athena supposed to be some kind of alien sexpert? Why is she so bad at this?

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I know Ben sucks, but isn't Athena supposed to be some kind of alien sexpert? Why is she so bad at this?
I'd imagine that there's a difference between knowing the theory of alien biology & culture very well, and being able to give effective seduction tips on the spur of the moment while in someone's ear and trying to prevent a nuclear war.

Tree Bucket posted:

Please. Please. I cannot go down this road of writing alien romance card games. I can't. I can't be that person, carefully tweaking the Sexual Rampage Phase mechanics. Please, no
You could find your niche in that space! There's already Consentacle, a cardgame about having sex with an alien entity and navigating consent and such with them while not having an entirely compatible methods of communication.

Hempuli has a new favorite as of 04:49 on Aug 11, 2023

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Athena is an academic.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

They're doing better than they ever have before. They had a whole bunch of research brought along with them.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

The Adventures of Dr. McNinja - Issue #7: "Spooky Stuff"

"Regular death no longer excites Dan."

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

Hempuli posted:

Guess Who but with thorsby monsters yes... YESSS....

"does your monster have eyes?" etc

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012

CrocodileKingSaysNO posted:

Guess Who but with thorsby monsters yes... YESSS....

"does your monster have eyes?" etc

Thorsby has already made a text adventure around this concept. Adventurer's consumer guide

E: in looking up the link for this, I saw on his Tumblr that Thorsby is working on a new comic, although it's not his top priority.

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

Tendales posted:

Thorsby has already made a text adventure around this concept. Adventurer's consumer guide

E: in looking up the link for this, I saw on his Tumblr that Thorsby is working on a new comic, although it's not his top priority.

LOOKS LIKE MEATS BACK ON THE MENU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

CrocodileKingSaysNO posted:

LOOKS LIKE MSPAINT'S BACK ON THE MENU

:f5:

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Hempuli posted:

Consentacle

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Valhalla

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Tendales posted:

NEW THORSBY COMIC?! ALL MY DREAMS COME TRUE

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Thanks for bringing that up, Tendales! The post in question:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

false knees
10MAY2018 - 06JUN2018
bingo!

false knees
09JUN2018 - 05JUL2018

corn, corhn

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Regy Rusty posted:

I'm not sure how you're getting that. He only has one wish left after the hero wish
I forgot the first one, but maybe the wishes for the twins count as one wish.

Regy Rusty posted:

and if she fulfills that she goes free.
Yes and she does seem to be becoming free - free from her powers, free from her immortality

Splicer has a new favorite as of 10:20 on Aug 11, 2023

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Mickey Mouse - The Name of the Mimosa

That's enough Mickey Mouse for now. Coming up next, we have Donald Duck adaptation of a book that requires no introduction:

Donald Duck - The Lord of the Pan

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Tree Bucket posted:

The Game the game

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Somewhat late but I still must protest the growing mollusk-phobic sentiment!

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

SimonChris posted:

Donald Duck - The Lord of the Pan

Oh, this one I also do remember reading in Swedish Donald Duck Pocketbooks. Will be fun to see again.

Also I forgot to post it at the time but man that octopus drawing in Prince Valiant is so loving amazing, just look at it

KennyMan666 has a new favorite as of 12:48 on Aug 11, 2023

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Emzedoh posted:

Takako-san chapter 49

Takako-san chapter 50

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Emzedoh posted:

Takako-san chapter 50

This really hit for me. Gotta visit the parents again soon.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Feels kinda dreamlike, as if this comic was guest directed by David lynch.

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Ignatz nominees are out (https://www.comicsbeat.com/2023-ign...m%20Crowdfundr.), couple good ones in there including God of Arepo which was posted here a few months back, and Griz Grobus which Fun Hater was posting in the other thread maybe last year.

fritz has a new favorite as of 12:47 on Aug 11, 2023

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
Ouf. As someone who hasn't been home in... years (thanks, Covid!) that one really does hit in a certain way. Takako has been on a meditative roll lately, I like it.

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

There's a bunch of nominees I hadn't heard of, including Ashley Topacio, most probably aren't of interest here but I liked this one:

Martial Arts

rocketbrah
Sep 24, 2003

it's peanut butter
⚡ MORPHIN' TIME ⚡
The Djinn, by 深海巨狗 (read left to right)

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
I'm glad to be very wrong

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Here's a piece of a coloring work in progress:

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe

Splicer posted:

I'm glad to be very wrong

Will you be though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Oh dear