Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Lucifunk posted:

Time to write a new Spider-Man comic.

:colbert: Eddie Kingston is too cool to be compared to Marvel editorial.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Spider-Man, Spider-Man
Dystopian future Spider-Man
Is it dark? Listen chum
Pete's got radioactive cum

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"

Nilbop posted:

Plus he turned the downtown core of Toronto into a Salvador Dali painting, which frankly is only going to please those of us trying to get on the ludicrous housing ladder here.

In this, as in all things, I follow the gospel of BA Johnston.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
sentry in thunderbolts movie confirmed

https://aiptcomics.com/2023/08/09/sentry-2023/

quote:

Marvel Comics has announced Sentry is getting a new four-issue series by Jason Loo and Luigi Zagaria. The story centers on the powers of the Sentry popping up around the globe as ordinary people suddenly manifest Sentry’s powers. That can’t be good. The first issue drops into comic shops on December 6th.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Party Boat posted:

Spider-Man, Spider-Man
Dystopian future Spider-Man
Is it dark? Listen chum
Pete's got radioactive cum

Look out!
Here comes the Spider-Man

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

site posted:

sentry in thunderbolts movie confirmed

https://aiptcomics.com/2023/08/09/sentry-2023/

Nobody wants this book.

Going to be wild seeing Sentry be Korean suddenly. I wonder if they will explain the appearance change as part of his reality warping powers and the blonde hair blue eye was what he thought people wanted to see.

Edit: rereading the solicitation again and I guess he was just recombine his powers and consciousness into a Korean man's body by the end.

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Aug 9, 2023

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
e:nm

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
And just why is Spider-Man black all of the sudden? I am so confused by this I set my crotch on fire.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Joe Fisto posted:

And just why is Spider-Man black all of the sudden? I am so confused by this I set my crotch on fire.

There is a black spider-man because miles morales was bitten by a radioactive spider in the ultimate universe then was placed into 616 after secret wars.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i thought spider-man was black because an alien goo monster got on his suit

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
No, Spider-Man is black because the Kingpin ordered Aunt May assassinated and he is pissed

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.
Wait Miles is in the real world now? Where was he when they was shanking Kamala??

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Danknificent posted:

Wait Miles is in the real world now? Where was he when they was shanking Kamala??

Saving someone else. Then Mephisto told him he could have a do-over, so he saved Kamala but the other person died

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Danknificent posted:

She's fine, nobody even remembers her death!

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

thetoughestbean posted:

Saving someone else. Then Mephisto told him he could have a do-over, so he saved Kamala but the other person died

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

Annnd the only thing that was keeping me reading AMS just stopped. FML.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Joe Fisto posted:

Glenn Beck told me it’s because Michelle Obama forced Marvel to make a black Spider-Man.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Open Marriage Night posted:

Glenn Beck told me it’s because Michelle Obama forced Marvel to make a black Spider-Man.

Finally someone with some good information! It's probably Hunter Biden thats making Sentry into an oriental fella.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
It's honestly darkly humorous seeing just how hard and how fast Marvel is trying to memory-hole Kamala's death. I'd really love to know just what the gently caress is going on behind the scenes because it sure seems like someone in the chain of command really wants to wash their hands of this poo poo as fast as humanly possible.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
I kind of just want Bob to have a happy ending (or failing that an adequate, perpetually ongoing second act) but sure, I'm up for a reverse Spawn.

Has Jason Loo written anything of note? All I can find is that he was the artist on Chip Zdarksy's "Afterlift" series, which I've never heard of (sorry Chip).

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Siegkrow posted:

Yeah I'll miss MJ's kids too.

I haven't read Reign but the preview for the sequel in this week's ASM involved what appeared to be Kingpin eating a guy and bathing in a pool of blood so I think I'll pass.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

It's honestly darkly humorous seeing just how hard and how fast Marvel is trying to memory-hole Kamala's death. I'd really love to know just what the gently caress is going on behind the scenes because it sure seems like someone in the chain of command really wants to wash their hands of this poo poo as fast as humanly possible.

It’s more like they worked backwards from the resurrection at the Hellfire Gala, and decided to get some of that sweet “Death Of” sales and publicity. The entire X-Men line hinges on the Gala, so they knew exactly when Kamala was coming back.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Has there been more than one Hellfire Gala? Feels like I've been hearing about it forever.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Lobok posted:

Has there been more than one Hellfire Gala? Feels like I've been hearing about it forever.

There have been 3.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Yeah I'll miss MJ's kids too.

I haven't read Reign but the preview for the sequel in this week's ASM involved what appeared to be Kingpin eating a guy and bathing in a pool of blood so I think I'll pass.

wow emma's gonna be so mad she signed away krakoa

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Lobok posted:

one per year for the last 3 years

e: quote not edit etc

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

are they still talking about that Super Bowl??? when the heck is it gonna happen, ive been hearing about it for over 50 years now

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.

site posted:

one per year for the last 3 years

e: quote not edit etc

Does that mean that the marvel universe is moving forward in real time right now, or do they throw these things every other week

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
tugs collar well, you see...sliding timeline..uhhh meta history, umm war in siancong

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Thranguy posted:

Does that mean that the marvel universe is moving forward in real time right now, or do they throw these things every other week

Don't think about it too hard.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

This year's Gala was a loving blast!

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

As with anything else to do with the sliding timescale, the answer is "don't think about it".

e: guess I should have refreshed the page

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Marvel Time as a concept worked fine enough up through the early 90's as up to that point it more or less lines up to a ratio of 2 real world years equaling about 1 year of in-universe time, but around that point they mostly froze up any real progression of time in-universe at least for the major characters so now Marvel Time has to work at a effectively 6:1 ratio and the center cannot hold

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Franklin just is a child and to them 5 years ago might as well have been world world war II.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

drrockso20 posted:

Marvel Time as a concept worked fine enough up through the early 90's as up to that point it more or less lines up to a ratio of 2 real world years equaling about 1 year of in-universe time, but around that point they mostly froze up any real progression of time in-universe at least for the major characters so now Marvel Time has to work at a effectively 6:1 ratio and the center cannot hold

I think it got really hosed up when they decided Spider-Man should never turn 30, and then a bunch of characters the same age as him also couldn't turn 30 like Johnny Storm and Scott Summers, and then with Scott Summers you have the issue of him being the first X-Man who has been a leader and teacher to dozens of characters that were explicitly teenagers when they first met and now are also clearly in their twenties.

Hickman even brought this up when talking about writing his X-Men reboot. Marvel was telling him Scott is 28 when HoXPoX starts but Hickman just wrote him as if he was mid to late 30s.

Rick posted:

Franklin just is a child and to them 5 years ago might as well have been world world war II.

It doesn't really work long form, but a weird brain cannon if you're jumping around in a book's timeline, where it's written in the 60's and looks very sixties, but then the same book in the 90s or 2000s and it's obvious the setting is contemporary but the characters are only a few years older (like, say Lee/Kirby F4 then Hickman F4 where Franklin is a baby then franklin is only 5), Reed Richards and Tony Stark's technological genius have made 40 years of scientific advancement only take 4-5 year.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

People overly concerned about the passage of time in comics are falling to the same impulse that makes people say that Batman should just execute all his many mass serial killer villains.

Just relax!

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

I think it's fair when passage of time was one of Marvel's selling points as a universe.

I was thinking recently about how Cap's circumstances in regards to unfreezing changes over time, like how originally when he came back people from his past were just twenty years older than him. Now everyone from his past is either long dead or has their own ageless thing going on. Kinda subtly reframes the character the larger the gap becomes

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Siegkrow posted:

What was it, out of interest? The Peter/Felicia relationship? Because it seemed like they never really did anything with it as far as I’m aware.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Children of the Vault had a fun data page. It's all about viral mind control.

Weapon XVI "AllGod" from the fun Dark Reign: The List: Wolverine by Jason Aaron gets a mention. The book has Wolverine's name in the title, but he's immediately taken over by Weapon XVI, and the story is actually about Fantomex and Noh-Varr. It's the issue where Fantomex says he's biologically incapable of believing in anything greater than himself.

Hexis, also known as Brand Hex, is mentioned. A living corporation that is like if Musk was actually competent.

Hawkspox, because someone had to make the HoX/PoX joke eventually.

And more Technarchy talk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
stupid, stupid rat creatures
i liked how Al Ewing explained the sliding timescale in his Ultimates run:

https://twitter.com/StellarAvenger/status/1617563880330346500/photo/1