Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Mesadoram posted:

No news on the T9 AMX 30, but this is good news :unsmith:.

It is if you play on the RU server because apparently that's a RU server only thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

It is if you play on the RU server because apparently that's a RU server only thing.

:smith:

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Man, they are really cheaping out on the discounts this year. 15% off tanks? No thanks, I'll just wait to get 30% off during Top of the Tree. And 25% off changing your crew qualification? LMAO. :downsbravo:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Watching Skill's stream and it's kinda obvious why WG make so much money. It's just an endless parade of people coming in to tell him that ACKSHUALLY the GSOR 1010 is an EBR with a better gun and it's like a faster Leopard PT A with better handling really. And it's not. It's not that fast, it doesn't have the maneuverability of the wheeled lights, it has awful camo, it has bad DPM, it practically doesn't have armour. The only thing it has is an accurate gun.

I bet so many people have bought the god drat thing because they imagine all of the above being the case and then end up being horribly disappointed when they get a medium with arty level armour, worse concealment than the Lorraine 40t and none of the good features of the wheeled lights.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Free stuff: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtzoyYcr3RM

Courtesy of Skills stream :unsmith:

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
They're also selling premiums in client for gold:

Caliban: 10625g
Strv S1: 9635g
ELC EVEN 90: 6635g
Obj 703 v2: 11345g

You find them by opening up the Anniversary Store tab and selecting "Items for Gold" and then "Anniversary Offers With Premium Tanks."

They're also selling Universal Manuals for 2500g, and can gently caress right off with that, even if it is "fair market value" as the Crew Books (which also convey 250k xp to an entire crew) sell for 2m silver, which is 5000g equivalent. What a "sale." :jerkbag:

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Aug 10, 2023

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Cool survey.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

BIG HEADLINE posted:

They're also selling premiums in client for gold:

They've also got EXCITING PERSONALIZED DEALS. My exciting perzonalized deal was an FCM 50 for 29€.

I can't remember the last time I passed so hard on anything.

Durendal
Jan 25, 2008

Who made you God to say
"I'll take your sheep from you?"

Reinstalled on a lark. Was having a good time in the forced bot matches until I queued my m48 and was put in to an actual battle. As I haven’t played since 2014 I was butchered instantly. I uninstalled immediately after.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Durendal posted:

Reinstalled on a lark. Was having a good time in the forced bot matches until I queued my m48 and was put in to an actual battle. As I haven’t played since 2014 I was butchered instantly. I uninstalled immediately after.

They completely killed Tier 5 as a "fun" thing. The PzB2 has also been horrifically power-crept.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

A friend of mine gifted me the GSOR 1010 as a late birthday gift and ... it's not terrible. It's very one-dimensional in that it's a backline sniper, but it's a good backline sniper. The gun is very accurate, it's got good HE and it can move from place to place quickly.

If you want a TD in a medium spot, this is a good one.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Just had an great game in Skoda T27. Might not be the best T8 premium, but when it works it works.

Replay: http://wotreplays.eu/site/6611235#serene_coast-mesadoram-koda_t_27

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAYVvRx4_m8

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
https://i.imgur.com/Zkm0aJ4.mp4

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Are you playing the Windows Store version of WoT or what was that achievement pop up?

Also lol at the loving two mile long barrel on that tank.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

:black101:

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

WG is finally *selling* the Type 59, rather than representing it as some ungettable super tank you have to bend over backwards to "win."

There's even a package that doesn't have a bunch of unnecessary bullshit that comes with it.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Are you playing the Windows Store version of WoT or what was that achievement pop up?

Also lol at the loving two mile long barrel on that tank.

It's one of the mods in Aslains pack.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

BIG HEADLINE posted:

WG is finally *selling* the Type 59, rather than representing it as some ungettable super tank you have to bend over backwards to "win."

There's even a package that doesn't have a bunch of unnecessary bullshit that comes with it.

Yeah, it's still a decent tank. Not OP or even one of the better T8 premiums, but not unplayable garbage either. The preferential matchmaking does help. I've had mine since it came out, and the tank has definitely been powercrept to hell and back over the years.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Holy poo poo, the T6 Japanese tank destroyer is awful. It's huge, it's slow, it has no armour, it doesn't do THAT much damage. It's just a huge loving turd.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Holy poo poo, the T6 Japanese tank destroyer is awful. It's huge, it's slow, it has no armour, it doesn't do THAT much damage. It's just a huge loving turd.

Indeed it is a giant sack of steaming poo poo. The T7 on the other hand is fantastic.

Mr.48
May 1, 2007
So how is the the new tier 10 Chinese heavy? I saw in the tech tree that the tier 8 and 9 tanks leading up to it get their top gun right away and so should not have a painful stock grind. Is the tier 10 worth getting?

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

The problem with the new Chinese heavies is that they aren't the BZ-176.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Mesadoram posted:

Indeed it is a giant sack of steaming poo poo. The T7 on the other hand is fantastic.

So I've heard. I'm seriously tempted to just fork over the ~35 000 free XP and be done with this poo poo. This thing is so god drat bad there's absolutely no chance of trying to carry any games, or even to salvage a decent performance from the standard 1-15 pubbie collapse. Half the time I'm not even in position before one team is down four tanks and the race is on to kill the rest, and in those games I'm lucky to get two shots off before either the entire enemy team is dead, or I'm getting mauled by 7 enemies.

Mr.48 posted:

So how is the the new tier 10 Chinese heavy? I saw in the tech tree that the tier 8 and 9 tanks leading up to it get their top gun right away and so should not have a painful stock grind. Is the tier 10 worth getting?

Apparently the T9 is quite good, the T10 distinctly average. As McGavin says, they are not like the BZ-176. They were GOING to be, but then WG saw what they had unleashed on the world with the BZ-176 and nerfed the tech tree tanks' guns to the ground slightly before release.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I free XP'd the Ji-Ro. The T7 feels unbelievably better, even stock.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I free XP'd the Ji-Ro. The T7 feels unbelievably better, even stock.

Fully upgraded it is a serious threat. It is the first tank in a long while that I legit love.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I hate how this game will randomly decide to have days where it cuts my FPS to below 30 and sets all my graphics to "potato quality". I didn't change any of my settings, it's only World of Tanks that's affected, and it will suddenly switch itself back to normal in a day or so. :wtc:

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

HP Printer software was using 60% of my CPU. :downsgun:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
If you have not tried the Chi-To SP yet, please do. It is such an incredible little tank. Excuse my rustiness, I missed a few shots I totally should have hit :smith:.

Replay: Can't seem to be able to upload it :smith:

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNaNj5mp9T4

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Yeah the Cheeto is amazing.

This was my last game as stock, could afford the better gun after this and then went on to very quickly get the engine and tracks. What an awesome tank, gonna keep this one for sure.

Doing the "do 4x your tank's HP in damage" mission seems very doable in the Chi-To.

E:

Chi-To, more like Chi-bi.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Aug 19, 2023

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

:allears:

Glad to hear you are enjoying it!

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
The Cheeto Special.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
The British wheeled vehicles look super mid. Not sure yet if it is gonna be worth it :smith:...

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Mesadoram posted:

The British wheeled vehicles look super mid. Not sure yet if it is gonna be worth it :smith:...

The T10 seems decent, but possibly the Leopard 1 is just better at the same thing. The T7 is apparently also really fun, so maybe we'll have that at least? But agreed, it feels like they're afraid of making the same mistake they did with the French wheeled lights, and just stripped off anything that makes a wheeled vehicle a wheeled vehicle, and these are just fancy tank skins on meh tanks.

The Italian TDs are weird as hell though. I just got to the T8, and this loving thing has like four researchable guns, each of which just increases pen or damage by a couple of points. What is even the point, when they don't offer any alternate playstyles or anything? Just "you have to spend 30 000 XP to be 2% better. Now do it twice again."

E:

The E100's armour can still work!

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Aug 22, 2023

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Yeah.

This thing owns.

Replay: http://wotreplays.eu/site/6615899

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

They completely killed Tier 5 as a "fun" thing. The PzB2 has also been horrifically power-crept.

They killed the Tier 5 bot games?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

18 games, 3 wins. I'm sure I could've done better in some of those 15 losses, but most of them were just poo poo that Skill himself couldn't have helped.

It is absolutely loving incredible how utterly dog poo poo so many of this game's players are and it's incredible how much of an effect it will have on your team when your light tanks are so loving awful that a bot would be an improvement, for example.

It's also incredibly demoralizing trying to play the Italian T8 TD when you're constantly in T10 games and your gun has ~200 pen even if you spam gold, and you can't hit poo poo from outside 50 meters. But hey at least I only need about 60k XP to get the only decent gun this thing has, and the turret to mount it in. That'll only take me like 70 games at this rate!

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

18 games, 3 wins. I'm sure I could've done better in some of those 15 losses, but most of them were just poo poo that Skill himself couldn't have helped.

It is absolutely loving incredible how utterly dog poo poo so many of this game's players are and it's incredible how much of an effect it will have on your team when your light tanks are so loving awful that a bot would be an improvement, for example.

It's also incredibly demoralizing trying to play the Italian T8 TD when you're constantly in T10 games and your gun has ~200 pen even if you spam gold, and you can't hit poo poo from outside 50 meters. But hey at least I only need about 60k XP to get the only decent gun this thing has, and the turret to mount it in. That'll only take me like 70 games at this rate!

:smith::respek::smith:
Having ~a time~ with the IS-3-II as of late. It's a great tank and I'm keeping it, but it just feels so pointless to even bother fighting back when half your team loses on their flank almost immediately and some 75% of the map is under enemy control.

Tundra is such loving poo poo.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Yeah, the IS-3-II is a great tank and I love playing it, but in today's meta you can either play something fast to get into position before 60% of one team has melted, or something that can snipe from the red line and bet on your team being the one that melts, and then trying to get a couple of shots in before you get murdered by 7 enemy tanks.

Otherwise you can go gently caress yourself and deal with doing one hit's worth of damage in a 15-1 game.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

The grind was complete rear end and suffering, but god drat the 120mm gun makes the SMV CC-67 a ton of fun!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

The grind was complete rear end and suffering, but god drat the 120mm gun makes the SMV CC-67 a ton of fun!

I wanted to like the Italian TDs more than I did. Their guns make me want to scream :smith:.

But holy poo poo, when those tanks work they just bully everyone.