Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I definitely wouldn't call it a hate crime, but yeah it's a pretty wild way to kick off the show and goes way further than anyone would expect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
It would be hard not to paint it has a hate crime if it got media attention. Black principal moves from Philadelphia to South Carolina and her white subordinates immediately burn her house down for no reason.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Oh yeah I guess from that perspective. As a viewer you know it's because they are jealous babies and also the burning is (sort of) an accident though

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
I think Russell was committing a hate crime (plus he actually started the fire) but not so much Gamby. I definitely remember Russell making more bigoted comments (racial or gender) than Gamby does.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

George H.W. oval office posted:

https://twitter.com/davenewworld_2/...ingawful.com%2F

There is 100% an opportunity here for more stunt work

I just remembered I had linked this last year just after the second season and boy howdy did it come true. Praise He.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

all hail the prophet oval office

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Jose Oquendo posted:

I remember watching that live. That poo poo was crazy.

I saw it in a movie theater a week before it premiered lmao

It was incredible

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

She was/is so amazing - I remember reading an interview with McBride and him expressing his astonishment and joy at discovering her and that she was basically going to be in everything he did moving forward because she was so goddamn funny.

Also I somehow forgot Fischer Stevens/Huge from "Succession" was the author who Snodgrass hooked up with!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Edi Patterson and Patti Harrison need to be in something together.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
Edi is regularly on Comedy Bang Bang as the amazing character Bean Dip. She is absolute gold every time she is on. Sometimes the Bean Dip voice comes out in Judy.

If your can get the archives, they did an episode of CBB in 2019 with Adam Devine, Edi Patterson and Tim Baltz and it is one of their best episodes ever.

Master Twig fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Aug 9, 2023

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/Bo0ZpKI.gifv

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
Well gently caress now I need to rewatch all of VPs. Hope you're happy

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

for some reason the one vice principals joke that I think about a lot is when the two kids are making fun of goggins’s jeans and he claps back with “you wish you could afford them. they’re 7 for all mankind.” the specificity gots to me

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

panko posted:

for some reason the one vice principals joke that I think about a lot is when the two kids are making fun of goggins’s jeans and he claps back with “you wish you could afford them. they’re 7 for all mankind.” the specificity gots to me

My favorite quick bit from the same episode is when the kids run off to climb on a roof (a dugout at the baseball field?) to smoke weed and tell Goggins that they'll come back with him and behave themselves if he just hits their joint. He grabs it, barely touches it to his lips, and goes "There, I'm high! Now let's go!"

I also often quote the "You know I don't give a gently caress about athletics! Fuuuuuck sports!" :allears:

ricro
Dec 22, 2008

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker
This clip got me to finally watch it a few years ago:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4RsQiZo-Mk&t=6s

Former Everything
Nov 28, 2007

Is this right?
Steve Zahn moved to Lexington Kentucky and became a huge UK football fan. I think his wife is from here. I see him at games and around town quite a bit.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

It's interesting to me checking out how this forum feels about the show. I happen to feel like it's a really really sloppily written show with usually poor dialogue but it's still FUNNY AS HELL and it covers things in the popular oevre that nobody else has the cojones to even talk about. I love it.

How much of this is actually written by McBride? I haven't really looked into it.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Oh, are we doing water spears?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
The dialogue is the best part. “That’s just some folks I do car pranks with” is what really sold me on the show.

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
The "suck a gently caress" exchange is very Gemstone

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

This didn't get as many yucks in the Trump thread where we've been talking about the Gemstones. But as soon as I saw it at the Goodwill it was the first thing that came to my mind. I can imagine Danny's face there too easily:

Sorry about the toe, I know I know.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

petit choux posted:

This didn't get as many yucks in the Trump thread where we've been talking about the Gemstones. But as soon as I saw it at the Goodwill it was the first thing that came to my mind. I can imagine Danny's face there too easily:

Sorry about the toe, I know I know.

it didn't get a lot of yucks because it's not particularly on point wrt The Gemstones.

Sorry

And sorry about your toe.

Jose Oquendo fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Aug 11, 2023

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Jose Oquendo posted:

it didn't get a lot of yucks because it's particularly on point wrt The Gemstones.

Sorry

And sorry about your toe.

Yucks is old people for laughs, right? But it is v on point, isn't it.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

petit choux posted:

Yucks is old people for laughs, right? But it is v on point, isn't it.

I made a typo. It's not particularly similar to any of the Gemstones poo poo.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Jose Oquendo posted:

I made a typo. It's not particularly similar to any of the Gemstones poo poo.

No?

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

I thought it was semi relevant, I appreciated it. :kiddo:

Mostly just made me think of Baby Billy giving kid-Jesse the beer.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Read After Burning posted:

I thought it was semi relevant, I appreciated it. :kiddo:

I think Jose is just being ornery.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

So you people think there's going to be another season? Because that last ep seemed like they were just tying off all loose ends and saying let's have a party.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

It's already been renewed for season 4.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

petit choux posted:

So you people think there's going to be another season? Because that last ep seemed like they were just tying off all loose ends and saying let's have a party.

They did not know if they'd get a Season 4 when they made Season 3, so it was written as a potential series finale.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

PostNouveau posted:

They did not know if they'd get a Season 4 when they made Season 3, so it was written as a potential series finale.

Makes sense. TY

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
Pretty sure McBride would do this show forever if given the option

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

hbo paid for the redeemer monster truck, ain’t no way he’s unsuckling that teat while there’s still sop to slurp

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

panko posted:

hbo paid for the redeemer monster truck, ain’t no way he’s unsuckling that teat while there’s still sop to slurp

My fav line from the last few eps was Gideon's "Fuckin' Montgomerys!"

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

petit choux posted:

Danny McBride has gone on the record as saying that's how he prefers to do television seasons (Vice Principals was an exception, but it was written & ordered as an 18-episode story from the start.)

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I’m glad that VP was only two seasons. It would have probably not continued to work past that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared
The past page of this thread has inspired me to plan a rewatch of VP. It's so much more mean-spirited that the other two shows, but soooo drat good.