Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Leperflesh posted:

twice when we were kids my folks loaded up the Dodge Ram Van and we did three weeks of driving across the western half of the US, basically california to missouri and back (my dad's mom lived in missouri). We mostly stayed at KOA campgrounds, and there were four kids in that van (first trip the youngest was still nursing).

My stepmom, who was an English teacher, put together these big tubs full of activities for us kids to do. Individual activities like coloring books and stuff, but also games and things. Of course this was in the 1980s, the only electronic toys we had were like my travel chess game and an electronic "football" game like this one:

which I'd get bored with after maybe an hour, max. We had some stories on cassette, the van only had a radio so we'd play them on a big handheld tape recorder. We'd play the license plate state game, 20 questions, poo poo like that.
I had this handheld football game.

I live in NC and all of my extended family lived like 12 hours away so I spent a lot of time in the back of the minivan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
I don’t think a handheld lcd game has ever held my attention for more than 10 minutes.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I remember playing this sort a lot just because it was all i had if i was stuck in the car

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

One time me and my cousin, when we were around 10, tried to plug one into the wall socket. Had a spliced cord that we hooked to the springs in the battery compartment….big ole poof and blind for about a minute, melted the poo poo out of the thing. Good times.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Ruby is rounding into a pretty good looking dog.

https://twitter.com/formerlyfiz/status/1690070530924154880?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Joey Freshwater posted:

I’ve been eyeballing it because of the reviews it’s getting. I’ve never played 1 or 2, does that matter?

I never played 1 or 2 either but 3 has just enthralled me. I think being able to use a controller really helps with that.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Do you know how bad you have to gently caress up to go to actual jail as a rich guy?

SBF got his bail revoked for a whole bunch of reasons (giant thread)

https://twitter.com/innercitypress/status/1690061503645229056

including....

quote:

Judge Kaplan: This defendant tries to go right up to the line - his use of the VPN to watch a football game over an account he wasn't authorized, there it is..

He subscribed from the Bahamas and used a VPN as if he were in the Bahamas when he was in Palo Alto and could have watched it on public TV. It shows the mindset. All things considered I am going to revoke bail.

(and also all the witness intimidation stuff and trying to destroy evidence, but lol)

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Pops Mgee posted:

That ride whips rear end. What song did you get?

Tears for Fears - Everybody Wants To Rule The World

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Kalli posted:

Do you know how bad you have to gently caress up to go to actual jail as a rich guy?

including....

(and also all the witness intimidation stuff and trying to destroy evidence, but lol)

It's actually pretty easy to get the book thrown at you if you got rich by stealing money from other rich guys

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I forgot how much Seymour sucks

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Dude's gonna end up dead.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
SBF earned every minute in jail he gers. That said, are Judges on the US the absolute worst. Using a :filez: like work around to avoid paying the NFL hundreds of bucks for a poo poo product somehow indicates a moral corruption? Holy poo poo. Not like he was hurting for other examples.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Let he, who has not used a VPN to avoid media blackouts, cast the first stone

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Kalli posted:

including....

It took me some time to figure out who this was about as I wasn't following the FTX disaster. My mind kept thinking "SBF" stood for "Support By Fire."

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Android Apocalypse posted:

It took me some time to figure out who this was about as I wasn't following the FTX disaster. My mind kept thinking "SBF" stood for "Support By Fire."

initially thought "Silly Burrito's Friend" and that had me asking questions

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Is it really canon that doomguy is a demigod? How did that happen?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

3 DONG HORSE posted:

initially thought "Silly Burrito's Friend" and that had me asking questions

I don’t have any billlionaire friends that I know about. But I also haven’t checked my mega millions ticket yet.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Pron on VHS posted:

Is it really canon that doomguy is a demigod? How did that happen?

Playing Eternal, right? Pretty sure it's new to that, but tbf it isn't like I've ever paid any attention to Doom lore

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Its Rinaldo posted:

I remember playing this sort a lot just because it was all i had if i was stuck in the car

This one was me. I got pretty far in it.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I had the football one and I remember the incredible moment of childhood rage when I opened the package and realized the drawn insert over the screen wasn't the actual screen.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kalli posted:

including....

Wait a second, going through this and I just got to the 'Judge Kaplan: He subscribed from the Bahamas and used a VPN as if he were in the Bahamas when he was in Palo Alto and could have watched it on public TV. It shows the mindset. All things considered I am going to revoke bail.'

Did the Pac 12 bring this man down too?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

https://twitter.com/unpuppable/status/1690101699698999296

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

gently caress Boston

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
While waiting to watch the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie I saw an ad for a new TRON lightcycle ride at Walt Disney World.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WfQWVa-kU0
Whelp now I need to head to Florida again…

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
^^ Yooooooooo

Abugadu posted:

Epcot After Hours is a drat good way to ride the rides with near-zero wait time, no lightning pass needed. Also it wasn’t brutally hot out after 9pm. We did the Guardians ride just after the fireworks, had no line.

Sounds dope will have to remember that.

That slide was no angel.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Got a new main character

https://twitter.com/jasondotnews/status/1628377547267313664?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

No way that can be possible right? $68/day on door dash is insane. That’s getting takeout for every meal.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

That is a lot of money on donuts

.... and a lot of different donut places

E: I mean I have a friend with crippling depression who spends way too much on food delivery and she's nowhere near this guy.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
And I thought I spent a fair amount on getting chicken wings via DoorDash…

Then again my habit is limited to the NFL season.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

6 grand a year on Chili's, Hooters and Applebee's, I feel zero sympathy

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I just realized I went through an entire (ongoing) pandemic without ever using doordash. Or Grubhub, or whatever.

Curbside pickup for takeout and groceries and being able to cook enough to feed myself when I wasn't too lazy did the job. It isn't like I wasn't paranoid enough for sure early on, I just figured I could do that if I needed to.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Okay, going by a cursory search there's a facebook called exposing that dude's name that really loving hates him, and enough weird poo poo that he is somehow a 50 year old troll who has apparently been arrested for nonpayment of debt and is very not mad about that.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

All those delivery services now do like 2 deliveries on the way and my food ends up cold as poo poo by the time it arrives so I stopped. Except one local pizza place that gets it here hot, but even then I'd rather make my own.

Also thank you for the kind words about being alcohol free.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Intruder posted:

6 grand a year on Chili's, Hooters and Applebee's, I feel zero sympathy

You don’t like eating the same Sysco meals with a different name on top?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

what kind of a basic rear end bitch do you have to be to get Hooters delivered lmao

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

BlindSite posted:

Also thank you for the kind words about being alcohol free.

I definitely appreciate being reminded that having a drink is never a requirement. I'm running a half marathon tomorrow morning, and afterwards I'll have my first beer in two weeks. Helped my training, lost a few pounds, and now I'm looking forward to chilling in my backyard with the grill going and the cold ones in hand.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

This is some bullshit deliveries. JFC, what a bitch rear end selection

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Coco13 posted:

I definitely appreciate being reminded that having a drink is never a requirement. I'm running a half marathon tomorrow morning, and afterwards I'll have my first beer in two weeks. Helped my training, lost a few pounds, and now I'm looking forward to chilling in my backyard with the grill going and the cold ones in hand.

I'm not really anti drinking still. I got gifted a nice bottle of buffalo trace that I'll crack open on grand final day with my friends but I was getting to that stage where I was having a 6 pack cause it was friday and then your saturday is a bit of a 50% kinda day, then it's saturday afternoon and there's nothing to do so I'll drink 12 beers and play video games.

Which isn't the healthiest for my wallet or anxiety or anything so I thought I might try and break those habits. I'll still have a couple social ones when the situation calls for it, but it's winter, everyone has gently caress all free cash because of the economy being poo poo and it was part of the 75 day challenge so it was easier to just keep going. Hopefully I can eventually get to a place where I can just have a couple and not have it unlock that part of me that goes "WOOOOO lets get hosed up" and if not I'll probably give it away altogether. I have really enjoyed the clarity and extra time it's given me, not waking up groggy after poo poo sleep, late and dragging my rear end through chores or family events etc has been nice.

Good poo poo on the half marathon. I've always admired people that do long distance poo poo like that because I've never had the ability. I used to like to do things like spar 5 rounds, or play a game of soccer and I enjoy a long walk or a hike or rock climbing but distance running. fuuuuuuuuuck you.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Gatts posted:

This is some bullshit deliveries. JFC, what a bitch rear end selection

Turns out one of the reasons this guy can afford this is because he runs a news site where he publishes mugshots of people and then charges them if they want them taken down

https://twitter.com/scoopnash

This is their feed, it's nothing but mugshots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Well the good news is he won't be around long with that diet