Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

The Pussy Boss posted:

Yeah I knew the Cortes news would be posted here instantly lol, and by whom

troll so hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

mcmagic posted:

I should go back to like 2015 posts back when the Astros were tanking and see if you had Yankees posters posting every little piece of Astros news.

Man who angrily posts 15 times a day about the Yankees infield now angry that other fans post at all

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Dinosaurs! posted:

Alright with the Athletic consolidating coverage we need to take up localized reporting. Everyone is strictly a beat poster from now on.

dibs on the Mervis beat

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
never nervous mervis

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Intruder posted:

Wonder if he ever plays again

I’ve got a bad feeling he’s cooked. It’s been a constant stream of setbacks all season.

It’s a real shame, he seems like a solid and well-liked dude. Wonder if he could transition to coaching or something?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

At least he got a ring. Didn't even just coast the bench the whole season for it, played for a couple months. Still wonder if he feels unsatisfied about not playing in the second half or the playoffs

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Man who angrily posts 15 times a day about the Yankees infield now angry that other fans post at all

hey now that's not fair

he also posts about Stanton

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

mcmagic posted:

I should go back to like 2015 posts back when the Astros were tanking and see if you had Yankees posters posting every little piece of Astros news.

Hey can you remind me what what happened to those 2015 Astros?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/CodifyBaseball/status/1690146898848739328

I know this is inviting...cubsposting...but: how come?

Also the Dodgers are def signing him back right

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Julio Cruz posted:

hey now that's not fair

he also posts about Stanton

my favorite pasttime: posting endlessly about how bad my team is until someone agrees with me at which point I start yelling 27 over and over again

zoux posted:

change of scenery, improved health, maybe a change in his swing path?

his LD% is the highest it's been since his MVP year and his K% is down 12% from last year

also his BABIP is way over his career average

e: and by way over I mean his career number is .286 and this year it's .345

it was .196 in 2021 :stonk:

Intruder fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Aug 12, 2023

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Lower quality of cannabis available in Illinois

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

zoux posted:

Also the Dodgers are def signing him back right

Probably his shoulder is just 100% now. Also better pizza.

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

nevermind, thats not his real Twitter

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Dunno if mlb does MIP but surely he's the winner

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/MLBHRVideos/status/1690168985243795456

This dude hasn't hit a homer in a major league game since 2015, first game back as an Astro he hits 2

https://twitter.com/brianmctaggart/status/1690163349600772096

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Keuchel didn't even make it out of the 2nd today.

:negative:

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

rickiep00h posted:

Keuchel didn't even make it out of the 2nd today.

:negative:

His fairy dust lasted just one game

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

https://twitter.com/TalkinBaseball_/status/1690161582917951488

is this bad

it seems bad

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

We have had no real power hitters besides Jorge Soler since Stanton/Yelich/Ozuna all got traded.

They signed Soler and Avisail Garcia to address the power issue, but Garcia has either been hurt or terrible since signing that deal and Soler was bad last year.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
I wonder if Adam Wainwright is gonna give up on 200 and find a way to gracefully exit the stage. This is rough to watch

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Tonight the Dodgers are finally retiring Fernando Valenzuela’s number, and the pregame ceremony is showing right now on mlb.tv if you check the Dodgers feed

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Philadelphia has discovered the power of friendship

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

The curse of the Dinger Machine

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i'm for ASSAD

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

For anyone who did not watch Guardians-Rays: Guardians tied an 8-5 game on 3 walks, a HBP, and 3 wild pitches. They then immediately gave up a bottom of the 9th dinger to Franco on three pitches.

Baseball is loving stupid. Namaste and god bless

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Mike_V posted:

I wonder if Adam Wainwright is gonna give up on 200 and find a way to gracefully exit the stage. This is rough to watch

It’s really depressing. I don’t blame him at all for wanting to keep going out there but god drat. He looked bad tonight.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Only getting through 1 IP and giving up 8 to the 2023 Royals has to be some kind of wakeup call

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Is Wainwright a HoFer? My gut says no but he was better than Jack Morris so it's hard to say no.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

No way

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Traxis posted:

Is Wainwright a HoFer? My gut says no but he was better than Jack Morris so it's hard to say no.
a lot of guys were better than Jack Morris, he’s a terrible comp who got in becauee a handful of his friends were in the right place to get him in

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

bawfuls posted:

a lot of guys were better than Jack Morris, he’s a terrible comp who got in becauee a handful of his friends were in the right place to get him in

That and one game, which the Hall specifically says you're not supposed to vote people in over one game but :shrug:

e: also I guess he didn't technically get voted in

who was that super crusty old guy who was a massive Morris stan and also hated Blyleven? He had a website of his baseball rantings that looked like it was made in the mid 90s

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Intruder posted:

which the Hall specifically says you're not supposed to vote people in over one game

Bill Mazeroski says hello

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Basically all the worst HoF inductions came from the committees over the years. Those committees also rectified some very dumb misses by the writers (Ron Santo) but their overall track record is bad.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Bill Mazeroski says hello
an 84 gamescore in game 7 of the World Series is pretty cool but it’s not walk off home run cool

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Traxis posted:

No but he should be :colbert:

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
Fun with position players pitching:
https://twitter.com/AH_Pod/status/1690177930826035200#m

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Chris Sale is back. And he's good again.

*Scissors cutting through thick fabric noise*

E: I couldn't watch, just looking at his stat line. How did he get 2 ER with 1 hit and zero walks? Strike out on a wild pitch?

Salvor_Hardin fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Aug 12, 2023

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

zoux posted:

It's actually in MTGs district and she threw out the first pitch at a game last week, they are going to go mental over this

Yeah, she's going to go bonkers over this. Get your bingo cards out now for potential bonus appearances from Brian Kemp, Ted Cruz and Tommy Tuberville.

Proposal to rename the team the Capitolines, after the ugly as hell statue of Romulus and Remus suckling a wolf.

Gwinnett changed its nickname to Stripers a few years ago without much fanfare, but only this will be woke for the whackjobs.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

It’s almost halfway through August and I demand to know why the Cubs haven’t extended Belinger yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Yeah, she's going to go bonkers over this. Get your bingo cards out now for potential bonus appearances from Brian Kemp, Ted Cruz and Tommy Tuberville.

Proposal to rename the team the Capitolines, after the ugly as hell statue of Romulus and Remus suckling a wolf.

Gwinnett changed its nickname to Stripers a few years ago without much fanfare, but only this will be woke for the whackjobs.

Imagine being around Ted Cruz on a swamp rear end hot day in August.