Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Third World Reagan posted:

I keep looking for a new dynasty warriors game then realize that vampire survivors is that game

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1851280/Samurai_Bringer/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoobtro
Aug 22, 2003

Got miself a nice little earner, isn't it
is there a 40k one of these yet?

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
Not yet..

In other sudden appearances: Dracomation

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2457890/DRACOMATON/

quote:

Dracomaton is a top-down roguelike bullet hell where you swap between multiple playstyles on the fly. Equip yourself with various Forms that have different strengths and weaknesses, OR Mod existing Forms with the characteristics of other ones!

A fast-paced, single-player experience built for interesting replayability
7 unique Forms with 3 potential Mod versions each
Over 30+ build-influencing items, including several game-changing Chaos items
2 tough bosses (shoutouts to Reggie the Run-killer)
Many secrets to uncover about the factory, the dragons, and the world beyond

With simple mouse-and-keyboard controls and controller compatibility, stack Forms and Items and mods until the bullets blur the screen, and try and try and try again to reach the very end.

And then, they awaken

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

looks more like a regular twin stick shooter than a vs-like. aiming reticle and you are switching between 3 weapons manually one at a time and it looks like they have ammo.

nice visuals though.

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
Seemingly fallen through the cracks of early July, Alight in the Dark is a "released" thing that seems to be taking an odd "Expansion(but not DLC) Premiumification Over Time" approach as opposed to just doing Early Access---like some kind of Breyer's trying to accumulate ingredients & toppings & manufacturing processes to evolve into Graeter's and Beyond...

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2019020/Alight_in_the_Dark/

quote:

Alight in the Dark is a reverse bullet hell survival game with a strategic ability and equipment system.

Players have limited inventory space and must choose items wisely. The game features side levels for a change of pace and rewards for completing challenges.

This game offers a fresh start each playthrough, but with permanent unlocks (characters, upgraded stats) for an advantage. It also has a permanent progression system where players earn souls for unlocking base stats.

Players use abilities and equipment to survive against relentless attacks and make strategic decisions using the elements of fire, earth, water, air, light, and shadow. Player choice is crucial and decision making is paused per choice. The game is set in a world where humanity underwent a "revolution of faith," resulting in the split of light into these elements.

Development Roadmap
Soul Shards (Ascension System)
Rewards from gaining Global profile levels (levels that persist between games) these can be used in a powerful skill tree like interface where choices matter depending on which Element path you want to focus on.
Tiers 1 through 4, levels 1 through 100 (Global levels)
- As of 29th July 2023, Tier 1 (levels 1 through 15) is now available.
Experience gains from release will persist for this future system, all experience gained in-game is added to a global total experience, which in turn is used for the Ascension System

Ability Synergies & Evolutions
Using equipment and certain ability combinations will result in the option to evolve them into stronger versions
These evolutions will aim to have their own sequence of upgrades
Tier 1 evolution: 2 maxed abilities = 1 evolved ability
Tier 2 evolution: 1 evolved ability + synergizing equipment = Tier 2 evolution of ability

Expansions
We will be adding more maps, more abilities and more bosses, but in moderation. We will try not to make the game unnecessarily complex
We are currently leaning towards an approach to this were we raise the base game price per "big expansion", rather than doing a DLC approach
This will also introduce unique mobs per map, cutscenes for map and hero unlocks and more to come

Boss Challenge Rooms
Fight several or single bosses that have unique mechanics in a single challenge map for unique rewards
The Void boss encounters would be a perfect candidate for this where each element has its own unique boss
Settings and Customization (and/or General QoL)
We intend to add a wide range of options for tweaking the game to your liking
Custom crosshairs/cursors
UI element positioning/layout
All configurable through XML files local to the executable, and stored using steam cloud

Ranked Mode
Once we're comfortable with our anti-cheat detection/implementations we will add leaderboards/hiscores
Potential for entire game Replays to be stored for anti cheat purposes and/or for a subscription fee to cover server costs/networking for this
Replay system will most likely be free for local use/"unranked"

Game Modes
General idea is to have some official game modes like "limit break" where you lock in one ability and its upgrades go on forever
We might also add sped up gameplay to this (faster wave timers) as well as more max mob spawns per wave
There is a good chance that we even take this to the next level and allow users to make their own shareable game-modes with their own rules/settings

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Yeah that’s not a bad comparison.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

seems like a tough sell to me. starting at $10 and going up from there with potential subscription fee to use the ranked leaderboards. for a game that doesnt look like it is doing anything really new or exciting in the genre.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

D4 got me hooked again, I'm loving HoT but the end is in sight and I'm even playing on the beta branch. What are the other good releases in the last sixish months? (Have VS, Brotato, Soulstone, Spellbook, 20 min, Boneraiser, AoR)

Also sucks that steam hasn't named this genre yet so I can just click on a freakin tag

Dr. Zoggle
Aug 12, 2006
Go Blue!

if only boneraisers was the first one, we’d all be calling them boners and the world would know peace

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Whoa whoa waoh Not trying to restart that discussion. These are all categorized as "bullet-hell" on steam so you have to just click on poo poo to see which type it is.

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

Disgruntled (IT) Employee
Bone raiser is clearly different enough it’s no longer a vs or bullet hell.

It’s a boner hell :colbert:

Any other genre names will face stiff opposition.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Yet another Boneraisers update. New class (focused on Jesters), bunch of QoL stuff, new relics, new summons, etc.

quote:

Welcome back wretched. :]

All it takes is one bad boneraise...
I get comments all the time saying how the loveable Joker Jester skellies are your favourite minion ever. Well jester fans you're in luck for a new class has been added called the Courtier Clown! They are the most chaotic class to play having an aura that transforms nearby meanies and objects and get boosts for raising their fellow Jester chums. They have the unique ability to occasionally be offered to transform one of your own minions into a random other, though the cheeky little prankster also has a nasty habit of forcing you into an item choice you didn't choose (what a scamp!)

Jesters and transformations have had a few changes too. Level 3 Jesters and Deamonic Jesters now also halve the Health of any meanies they transform. All transformed objects now have a random cool down before they can be transformed again and meanies transformed will now retain their previous Blessing level.

New Game.. unforever?
Just a quick note that New Game Forever has now been renamed to New Game Plus. It's a much more recognised existing term and calling it Forever gave the wrong impression (since sadly nothing lasts forever).

Castle Conquest
This game mode now has the option of continuing a run into New Game Plus after you've pounded the Queen (respectfully). Since it's already a long game mode it cuts right to the chase so only has the 1 loop but in terms of enemy difficulty modifiers jumps straight to something more akin to NGP2. The Queen looks and plays out differently than in the regular mode too so overall it's all a more difficult challenge than Mausoleum Awakens (though is a bit experimental so the balance will probably need some tweaking).

The scene when travelling between stages is now different too after stage 11 and 12 and your minions are now shown following behind you.

Fresh Bone(r)s
You can now raise the Berry Bro's bigger brother, the Big Raspiberry Bro. He boosts both your Max Health and Occult Health by +66 and dishes out both Hearts and Occult Hearts when his head caplodes. Both of these Bros now also slightly heal you as they increase your Max Health and will also no longer be removed from your legion after they're finished boosting it so may still be useful as boneraise sacrifices (eg Destineous or Brozilla).

The Giantous Sinner now also has 2 new friendoes so there's now a Giantous for each attack type. The Giantous Gladiator is a straight upgrade to the Giantan Knight, while the Giantous Gianraiser can summon ghostly Barrow Behemoths and Miners (who can even rarely dig up Treasure Chests).

Crypt Hub
A new advanced bit of furniture has been added called the Magic Mirror (assuming you have the 'Hub Furnishings' meta at level 3). It allows you isolate certain features so each class can either use the default global pool or customise it specifically to the class. You can set this for the Architect Mode and the Giga Banishments, so for example you can have a particular Giga Banishment set up only for a specific class without it affecting the other classes.

Another new bit of furniture has been added too called the Memory Skull (assuming you have the 'Journal Gnoblin' meta at level 3). You can inspect it to have another look at the various run stats, minions, relics, etc, you had during your last run (it updates each Game Over).

A stranger has also been added who sits by the radio (assuming you have the 'Hub Buddies' meta at level 3) who buys and sells Clashful Cards (this is just a re-organisation of the old Card Shop).

The Goblusious's Lost Relic system has now been removed. I felt it's a pretty easily forgotten and uninteresting money pit, and was a shame the relic discovery grind didn't include the best and more interesting relics.

Can't wait to bury my face in that!
Giga Treasure Chests have been added (assuming you have the Bootiful Chest meta at level 3) which will occasionally show up in all game modes. They're much slower to unlock but the prize mega booty is well worth the wait!

Achievements
The usual 6 class related achievements have been added for the new Courtier Clown class. An achievement for raising a Diablos has also been added called 'Ultimate Deamonic Lifeform' since there was achievements for the other ultimate life forms (note this has replaced the existing 'Lost Relics Fulfilment' so you may already have this new achievement). And there's now an achievement for getting all other achievements called 'Boneraiser Minions 100%' in case you wanted to show off your boneraiser polishing expertise on your Steam profile.

New Gubbins
• Added 6 new Relics: Bakewell Tart, Flesh Cube, Blasphemous Trinket, Desecrated Rage, Desecrated Acuity, Desecrated Mysticism.
• Added 8 new Spells: Occult Pact, Blasphemous Prayers, Blood Moon Rise, Sacrificeous Brozillous, Summonous Wyrmous, Sanguine Pickaxes, Conjured Bounties, Day of the Dead.
• A new Visibility setting has been added called 'Minion Status Icons' which allows you turn off the status effect icons for minions (eg Haste).

Other misc stuff...
• If the last time you played was early-ish during Early Access then at game start it will now load in the old save file data and update it to the new save file format (assuming you don't already have a new save file).
• The "translation_reference.csv" file has been updated. Note many of the IDs related to the Spell Scrolls were mistakenly using a "Sl_" prefix instead of "SI_".
• Status Screen: The Run Stats screen now shows the current game mode and if it's New Game Plus.
• The Giantous Sinner and Magma Gargantuan colours have been adjusted so they're less confused with Deamon minions.
• Brodacious Brozilla minion: The chance of the Eggy form hatching Barrow Boners and Barrow Diggers has been increased.
• Deamonic Guard minion: Slightly increased the Damage his attack does.
• Eggy Bro minion: There's now a chance of it being a green egg, in which case it will always hatch into a Tamed Beast minion.
• Waxen Custodian: Increased the chance of them being offered for boneraise (most notably from a Soul boneraise). The level upgrades now require the sacrifice of a Peasant/Knight (instead of a Custodian so it's a bit less confusing).
• Jester's Delight spell: This can now also transforms Treasure Chests into another type.
• Drain Boner spell: This will now give a further random boost of Max Health (previously the amount was static based on the power level).

And some bug fixes...
• 'I Don't Even Know Who I Am' achievement: This wouldn't trigger as the Beast Whisperer class.
• Necrotic Skirmishes - Choose Map menu: Pressing Up when over the Accursed Cathedral would move you to to Fortuity Destiny.
• Boneraise Lore - Chi Chakra meta: The swirling sprite that shows below the player was affected was being affected by your Cloak colour.
• Boneraise Lore - Keepsake Key meta: This could start you with a Money Bag, and wasn't updating if you won a Mauseleum Awakens or Castle Conquest.
• Forbidden Elevator map: The Heavenly Vessels and Slime enemies weren't using their special spawning animation.
• Forbidden Elevator map: The Elven Wayfinder could still sometimes get stuck at the bottom of the level after attacking.
• Cadaver Coffin contraption: For the Doll Maker and Beast Whisperer classes it could give minions you haven't unlocked via the meta, and could give a Waxen Knight/Paladin.
• Boneraise - Seal: If you Sealed a Deamon minion but had reached the max Deamon cap then it may not Seal correctly (some classes have meta where some Deamons don't count towards the max cap).
• Boneraise - Bonebrobigly Destineous: The random minion it raises would ignore Banishes and if you hadn't discovered that minion.
• Deamonic Jester minion: He was only using his base transform attack once, which was also fully healing the transformed enemy and wasn't abiding by the transform cool down.
• Eggy Bro minion: There was a chance for it to give some of the ultra minions even if you have reached their normal max cap (eg it could give a Diablos even if you had reached the Deamon max cap).
• King Gigald: One of his attacks wasn't conforming with the 'Meanie Attack Outline' setting.
• Shade Mini-Boss: They weren't conforming with the 'Meanie Attack Outline' setting.

Enjoy! :]

Azran fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Aug 8, 2023

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
HE CANT KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i've never seen a game so well maintained before. i honestly can't keep up with how much they update it. i've had 100% achievements like 4 different times and they keep adding more content to it.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

zoux posted:

Boneraiser Minions: people love this one, it's got a great gimmick and game play, but the blocky, 8-bit style makes it impossible to tell what's going on, which is even more important in this game since you kind of have to pay attention to your "projectiles" and manage them on the battlefield, but it's hard to tell who is who. If this is not a problem for you, then it's a highly rated vampire-like.

Happy to say that the new viz options have fixed this problem completely so I can now play this game everyone else has been raving about for a year. When building my army should I be stacking types or not

Dr. Zoggle
Aug 12, 2006
Go Blue!

zoux posted:

Happy to say that the new viz options have fixed this problem completely so I can now play this game everyone else has been raving about for a year. When building my army should I be stacking types or not

You don't really need to stack the buff guys (augment, jinx witch) just one upgraded to 3 (or better yet demonic) will usually be enough to cover everything

The damage boners, stack em, the more the merrier

get 3 meldus pistol guys and just watch everything melt

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Augurs are funny. Either you want one demon one, or a couple 2~3's runnin round so you can have some other demon.
Witch/Vines are mostly in the same boat, but sometimes you might want a second demon witch/vine. Not augurs though. Never two demon augurs.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

If you want to maximize a Melee, Ranged or Magic relic then pay attention to what a boner actually is, don't wing it. Especially relevant for the sniper scope.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

oh god, they appear on the transition screen too :kimchi:

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:
Back to the bone zone it is, then.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
Late to the party on this one but Rogue Genesia is super fun! I bought it some time last year but put off playing until a couple weeks ago, and since then it has eaten 91 hours of my life. I got everything unlocked and feel like an unstoppable god on most runs, it really captures that aspect of over the top power creep when you can dash around infinitely at light speed and all the enemies fall down dead around you. The only things left are to max out the stellar stone and most of the weapon talents, but that should be easier when C-rank content is released later this month with a higher XP reward.

For anybody on the fence or simply not aware, there will be a planned price increase with the coming update and the dev is raising their expected future pricing going forward so you might want to buy now: https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/2067920/view/3642900408849895829

Since I burned through that, I also started in on Halls of Torment and it really is Diablo 1 with the numbers filed off. Took out not-the-butcher in my first run, did another run with each of the archer and exterminator, unlocked a bunch of stuff, having a blast. I love the game board presentation of the quest system, it gives you something to shoot for every run without having to scroll a gigantic list of disorganized tasks while still allowing you to unlock anything you stumble across. Was totally not expecting spoken dialogue lore and interactive NPCs but it fits.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Boneraiser gets fun after a while but man does it feel lovely at first. Things like no invincibility frames on taking damage and being unable to outrun level 1 enemies until you get some upgrades makes the first few runs feel just extremely sluggish and unresponsive.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

It's a fun game but the info on it seems sparse. What does the Restless Monolith actually do?

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

these games + a steam deck + a recumbent exercise bike has done wonders for my cardio. I've been playing the hell out of Halls of Torment, and it seems like it might be a good time to checkout Boneraiser again since i haven't played in a few months

Dr. Zoggle
Aug 12, 2006
Go Blue!

Nettle Soup posted:

It's a fun game but the info on it seems sparse. What does the Restless Monolith actually do?

when you sacrifice a soul gem, it spawns a bunch of dudes for you to kill and get lots of bones and gems

or they overwhelm you and you’re toast

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Nettle Soup posted:

It spawns blessed meanies - blessed enemies move faster and deal more damage but they drop considerably better rewards than a regular enemy. In general you want enemies to be blessed but it's very dependent on your legion's DPS - if you activate a Restless Monolith without good damage dealers or crowd control sources you're gonna get murdered pretty fast. Restless Monoliths are a bit of a hard sell while you're still unlocking everything since they take a hero's soul, but once you're done unlocking metas then it's a no brainer.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i need to dip back into the bone zone. i didn't know it was still getting updated.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
So Kay Yu gave some advanced copies of HoloCure to the Hololive streamers/vtubers, and in doing so has revealed how utterly mad he and his team are. If you like building things to look nice, I'm sorry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJiZkGoatzE

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
In Rogue Genesia, why do I sometimes die without dying? I'm not sure what the mechanic is, it seems like sometimes you just lose from taking damage that did nowhere near enough to kill you.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

The one danger of playing too much Boneraiser Minions is that your brain will normalize the dumb rear end writing style. "Gemmy gems", "chesty", "mah head is feeling boomy", etc.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

Azran posted:

The one danger of playing too much Boneraiser Minions is that your brain will normalize the dumb rear end writing style. "Gemmy gems", "chesty", "mah head is feeling boomy", etc.

I really wish there was a toggle for the dumb writing because this is a real problem and I hate it.

Game is otherwise fantastic.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

The best part is there is a toggle! It just disables the old timey speak rather than the quirky text lmao

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

New Boneraiser Minions update:

quote:

//some Castle Conquest changes and bug fixes
- Journey: The bottom path will now typically have slightly less of a Bone multiplier (since it typically has a higher Score multiplier).
- Journey: A Giga Chest special event has been added which just starts that stage with a Giga Treasure Chest.
- New Game Plus: The Queen fight will now have 4 Giga Treasure Chests (instead of 6 Treasure Chests).
- New Game Plus: During the second phase of the Queen fight at 50% Health she will now spawn 2 wall lasers which last for the rest of the fight.
- Being turned into a snowman was preventing the end of stage sequence from playing.
- Journey scene: The town background sprite wasn't showing at the end of stage 11, and some of the minions looked a bit weird (eg Potoussy Bro, Supermassive Slime).
- Queen fight: Her servo laser attack could remain after her first phase death.

//other misc changes
- The "translation_reference.csv" file has been updated.
- Improved CPU performance if you had a lot of Hasted minions.
- Hub - Memory Skull: This will now save the data to a file so the run data will carry over between gaming sessions. It will no longer show the Class Meta Summary (was a bit pointless).
:siren: - Hub - Goblusious: The base cost to Giga Banish items has been reduced to 111 (instead of 1111). :siren:
- Boneworld Challenges: Before starting a Daily Challenge a confirmation menu now pops up as you can now only start a Daily Challenge once (eg exiting to the Hub via the Escape menu won't allow you to restart it since starting the challenge now immediately uploads a score of 69).
:siren:- Doll Maker class: He can now raise the Kenshi Shinobi boss using a Hero Soul and sacrificing 2 level 3 Bowmen.:siren:
- Doll Maker class: Each of the towering minions that require a Hero Soul to raise now have a max cap of 3 (eg Lord of the Land, High Wizard, etc).
- Beast Whisperer class: Each of the minions that require a Hero Soul to raise now have a max cap of 3 (eg Werewolf Prince, Elden tree, etc).
- Clown Courtier class - Sticky the Stupendous meta: The frequency of the Minion Trick event will now slowly become less common (since there's less use for it late game).
:siren:- Brodacious Brozilla minion: He will now cast the 'Summonous Wyrmous' spell at the start of his Pumpkin form, the 'Abracadabra Hex' spell at the start of his Shroom form, and the 'Day of the Dead' spell at the start of his Zombie form.:siren:
- Brodacious Brozilla minion: If this minion was given via a special random event (eg hatched from an Eggy Bro) then it will now randomly choose the 3 Big Bros it adds to their max minion cap.
- Supermassive Slime minion: Reduced the chance for enemies it kills to drop gems (this reduction is also slightly increased for each Supermassive Slime you have).
- Sumptuous Slime minion: Reduced the chance for enemies it kills to drop gems (this reduction is also slightly increased for each Sumptuous Slime you have).
- Meaty Club relic: The swipe's collision mask hole has been filled in (enemies had a habit of not getting hit if very close to you).
- Blasphemous Trinket relic: Added a random delay to the initial spawn so a Heavenly Vessel doesn't immediately spawn on you.
- Sacrificeous Brozillous spell: This will now say what Bro minion was sacrificed.
- Bloodletting Marrow spell: This will now spawn a bunch of Bone pickups around you (instead of it just directly adjusting your Bone counter).
- Midas Touch spell: This will now spawn a bunch of Gold Coin pickups around you (instead of it just directly adjusting your Score/Coins).
- Boo/Pumpkin Haunt enemies: These will now always drop Gems instead of Bones.
- Treasure Chests: They will no longer spawn very close to Hero Soul pickups.

//other bug fixes
- 'Ultimate Deamonic Lifeform' achievement: This wasn't triggering.
- Hub - Memory Skull: The relic amount and description could be wrong. Selecting a spell would give a wrong description.
- The Fortuity Destiny class wasn't working correctly with saved runs in Castle Conquest and Mausoleum Awakens.
- Some special events that give/offer upgraded minions could give a minion that breaks the max cap (eg an Eggy Bro giving a Mighty Meldus if you had 1 spare Meldus slot despite needing 2).
- Some minion/relic abilities could trigger during King/Queen scenes (eg Miners could dig during the death scene).
- There was a rare chance a minion could spawn inside of terrain if you had a lot of minions.
- When loading a saved run in Awakens/Conquest it wasn't setting the correct Enboned Heart and Occult Purse relic cap numbers.
- Minions would sometimes do a jig on the spot if their idle spot was close to terrain (notably when Hasted).
- Mausoleum Awakens: When loading a New Game Plus run it may not load the correct map.
- Marshes of Madness map: It could spawn Zombies during special scenes (eg King boss scenes or Conquest end of stage sequence).
- Doll Maker class: Raising the Elven Wayfinder minion could sacrifice 3 Elven Enchantresses (instead of 2).
- Eggy Bro minion: They couldn't hatch into a Tamed Immortis Necarch or Tamed Supermassive Slime.
- Supermassive Slime minion: You would stop being offered it if you already had one.
- Ratty Orbica enemy: This wasn't conforming with the 'Meanie Outline' setting.
- Loot Box relic: This could give a relic over the usual cap if both of the relics chosen were the same.
- Fixed some typos.

FWIW the actual Ronin unlock seems to be two bowmen + a knight

Azran fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Aug 14, 2023

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Pathfinder: Gallowspire is doing a live playthrough and Q&A right now, they say it'll be uploaded to youtube afterwards
https://twitch.tv/gallowspiresurvivorsgame

early access coming September 14th

Fuck You And Diebold fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Aug 15, 2023

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
Stepping back into Vampire Survivors for a bit - reading the wiki page for one of the challenge stages I haven't done yet, and I'm confused by this comment:

VS Wiki posted:

If you speedrun this stage, getting the lowest level as possible, while getting the highest damage dealing weapons, you can try farming for Cosmic Fingers to try finding the Astral weapons.

You need to have all 6 slots filled with weapons (nothing less, nothing more), and you may even use the two rooms above to use the Gold Fingers on them to help farm for exp.

I don't recommend taking longer than 10 minutes because the monsters will get too tough for the kps, and I don't recommend playing on Inverse mode either, for the same reason.

What the hell is an "astral weapon"? Nothing else on the wiki seems to mention it, and I can't find anything by searching. It sounds like a new kind of weapon upgrade, but the wiki doesn't list anything else on the weapons page either - and the comment is like, almost two months old, so it's not like it's a brand-new thing. Is this guy just bullshitting, or using a weird term or something?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

death cob for cutie posted:

Stepping back into Vampire Survivors for a bit - reading the wiki page for one of the challenge stages I haven't done yet, and I'm confused by this comment:

What the hell is an "astral weapon"? Nothing else on the wiki seems to mention it, and I can't find anything by searching. It sounds like a new kind of weapon upgrade, but the wiki doesn't list anything else on the weapons page either - and the comment is like, almost two months old, so it's not like it's a brand-new thing. Is this guy just bullshitting, or using a weird term or something?

I am guessing they are talking about red or blue weapons?

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Doomykins posted:

A lot of flash games were worth money so I'm happy for the devs to get their due as long as it doesn't barrel into mobile game design hell.

Deep Sleep/Don't Escape for example. Happy to support their stuff.

Don't Escape: 4 Days to Survive was pretty great. It's actually set in an alternate 1996 so the janky graphics kind of make sense. Also, in Sidreal Plexus you effectively have a corporation that functions as a cosmic horror. One fun mechanic is that once you gather some NPCs, if you don't take a character action (like moving around) the NPCs will have involved conversations with each other.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

death cob for cutie posted:

ImpAtom posted:

I am guessing they are talking about red or blue weapons?

I can't find anything to double check myself, but I believe they're talking about when you get enough kills during a Gold Finger to get an Astral rating, which will give you an extra item or weapon. I'm pretty sure it doesn't depend on having exactly 6 weapons to get a weapon, but there's no documentation that I can find on the specifics of Gold Finger, so maybe it does. :shrug:

Edit: Oh, wait, I checked a video of a run that maxed out the Finger, and the highest is Cosmic, not Astral. (And it gave a new weapon when playing with only 1 weapon, so...) It's similar enough I could see them mixing it up since there's nothing else that's Astral.

Onean fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Aug 16, 2023

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

The Boneraiser updates just keep polishing a great game to be even better. Cyclops is super beastly now with the cyclops goon options, the 4/4 club is actually worth the investment too.

The Jester Class is so god drat stupid and it's hilarious. Pure chaos just like Possessed. I love him and the dumbass sidekick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2420510/HoloCure__Save_the_Fans/

holocure on steam is now available