Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

I almost hope Bryan and Vinny do a review of the Alabama dockside brawl.

Or at least this reenactment.

Arbite fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Aug 8, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Oh my God Bryan thought Sue was parked with the other cars in the Parking Lot Brawl the entire time :lol:

He's SO convinced that he actually started to convince Filthy Tom that's what happened until he actually went back and checked :cripes:

He tries to defend this by claiming it isn't his fault that he missed the 10 seconds when she arrived.... did he not ponder where Orange Cassidy came from?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Jerusalem posted:

Oh my God Bryan thought Sue was parked with the other cars in the Parking Lot Brawl the entire time :lol:

He's SO convinced that he actually started to convince Filthy Tom that's what happened until he actually went back and checked :cripes:

He tries to defend this by claiming it isn't his fault that he missed the 10 seconds when she arrived.... did he not ponder where Orange Cassidy came from?

It's sometimes tough to catch things on fast forward.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

He doesn’t watch the shows

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

Just the other day he was moaning about how he missed the first fall in the FTR and Bullet Club title match. Someone took a bump out of the ring, he assumed it was a "and Raw rolls on" situation and just skipped ahead. Not a smart man. Life pressures are zapping his wrestling times and he's definitely half-arsing both the watching and the discussion.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I always like James mispronouncing words except for the specific case of UFC and WWE legend Dan Sevren. That's not his name! Aah!

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

projecthalaxy posted:

I always like James mispronouncing words except for the specific case of UFC and WWE legend Dan Sevren. That's not his name! Aah!

It has infected my brain and I can't say anything but "Bubyer Ray Dudley" now.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

neoaxd posted:

Bubbyeray

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

neoaxd posted:

Linder Ellerby

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Linder Ellerby

Mimi Weber

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Linder Ellerby

Waiting for yesterday's show to go up, I threw on a random old episode. It was the one where this one debuted :allears:

Also, I almost called Matt Cardona "Matt Cardonyer" in person by mistake in Vegas lol

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

breaks his legs p.a style

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
"Johnny Ace rambling to Danny Doring and Roadkill who are too scared to leave his office" is my favorite new Deadlock bit.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Kennel posted:

Our Fake History is doing a wrestling history three-parter.
https://www.podcastone.com/episode/Episode-183--Was-Wrestling-Ever-Real-Part-I
https://www.podcastone.com/episode/Episode-184--Was-Wrestling-Ever-Real-Part-II

Mostly basic stuff, but well done and better than Behind the Bastards' attempt.

RJ City will be in the third episode (one week from now).

RJ City:
https://ourfakehistory.com/index.php/episode-185-was-wrestling-ever-real-ft-rj-city-part-iii/

Kennel fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Aug 9, 2023

doos
Jan 1, 2015

CVagts posted:

"Johnny Ace rambling to Danny Doring and Roadkill who are too scared to leave his office" is my favorite new Deadlock bit.

I made the mistake of taking a sip of water before "MRS. BABA DOES NOT KNOW YOUR NAME. SHE WOULD KILL YOU, I SWEAR. I'LL KILL YOU!"

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I love that the Deadlock boys are sending Demo Dick to get the guy that charged back or stopped paying his Patreon donations

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Was convinced Bryan's World of Stuff story about the stuff he found in the backroom was going to end with Dave Meltzer working on the newsletter in there.

Episode does feature Granny throwing shade at Dave though!

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Aug 9, 2023

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Malcolm Excellent posted:

I love that the Deadlock boys are sending Demo Dick to get the guy that charged back or stopped paying his Patreon donations

Cant believe jose would do them like that

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
"DIRTY WHORE LIARS"

summary: they are unfiied, this TNA episode 8 is the worst wrestling episode of any episode of any show, including all of Russo WCW and Corgan NWA and CYA, ever.

Lid fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Aug 9, 2023

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I don’t think they’ve seen CYN.

Edward Mass fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Aug 9, 2023

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Lid posted:

"DIRTY WHORE LIARS"

summary: they are unfiied, this TNA episode 8 is the worst wrestling episode of any episode of any show, including all of Russo WCW and Corgan NWA and CYA, ever.

Leave it to Christian Craig to finally do a swear and it’s a slur against sex workers.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1689367642162040832?s=20

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lmfao

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Anthanbolic

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Antreny Bowens

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

Cannot wait for Bryan's adventures in London

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Genericide posted:

Cannot wait for Bryan's adventures in London

He's not forcing his granny to go, is he?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Can you imagine Bryan Alvarez trying to use the Tube?

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....
Oh and for those unaware, Bryan Alvarez and the Wrestletalk guys are being loving idiots, Bix is rightfully calling them out for it.

https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/1689817940747558912

Like both of these groups probably thoughts Cornette's plan to do a transphobic Nyla title run was stupid, but they'll still call for this and not realise why that's bad. Bad thing happening to him in the past doesn't mean it should happen again!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

gotta give it up for that guy who always uses really good discipline when it comes to saying "nazi" as a general insult toward people online. he's never done it

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
Apparently Bix has no idea what a hate crime is.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Bix is overreactionary sometimes (usually understandably so in the face of semitism) and he probably shouldn't have used the "mask off" phrase, but he's right. Under NO circumstances should they do the roll of quarters finish.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

CVagts posted:

Bix is overreactionary sometimes (usually understandably so in the face of semitism) and he probably shouldn't have used the "mask off" phrase, but he's right. Under NO circumstances should they do the roll of quarters finish.

They obviously shouldn't have them say "pick it up Jew boy!", but hitting MJF with a roll of quarters and all of them laughing with the belt as MJF sits there broken because his best friend just betrayed him is immediately what came into my head when he was giving that promo. MJF already did that promo before so I figured the only reason he repeated it so soon is he thought up that idea. It's on the edge but if they use a light hand I think it'd be spectacular.

UnleashedDad
Jan 14, 2022

hi im tony. did you know that a koala's appendix is about two meters long.

CVagts posted:

I think people are really over thinking it. It would be fine in AEW. If it was any other promotion no way in hell. They don’t set a proper tone or worse would be overtly racist.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Bryan Alvarez has gone full mask-off by which I mean he has suggested a booking idea which I think is insensitive

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

you see what watching 2002 tna does to the brain?

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

it's hosed up he went mask-off without even doing an apuestas match

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
dont use that term lightly but, yikes

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Sticky Nate posted:

it's hosed up he went mask-off without even doing an apuestas match

No respect for the business.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

1glitch0 posted:

They obviously shouldn't have them say "pick it up Jew boy!", but hitting MJF with a roll of quarters and all of them laughing with the belt as MJF sits there broken because his best friend just betrayed him is immediately what came into my head when he was giving that promo. MJF already did that promo before so I figured the only reason he repeated it so soon is he thought up that idea. It's on the edge but if they use a light hand I think it'd be spectacular.

I don't think it's worth the tightrope you'd have to walk. You can just have Cole cheat to win in a bog-standard way and it will be just as effective, because the reaction will be to the turn itself, not the way it happened.