Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

The worst part is that his horrible spending and eating habits distract from the real point, it is insanely hard to live on 40k a year, especially in a city like Nashville (I don't actually know what it costs to live in Nashville, but the tweet he's quoting say median rent is 1800 for a one bedroom, which is cheaper than coastal cities, but not by a ton).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Cracker Barrel delivery lmao

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Air Skwirl posted:

The worst part is that his horrible spending and eating habits distract from the real point, it is insanely hard to live on 40k a year, especially in a city like Nashville (I don't actually know what it costs to live in Nashville, but the tweet he's quoting say median rent is 1800 for a one bedroom, which is cheaper than coastal cities, but not by a ton).

I think Nashville had a population boom during covid similar to like Austin but not on the same scale.

Could be wrong because I've just gleaned that from podcasts.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

BlindSite posted:

I think Nashville had a population boom during covid similar to like Austin but not on the same scale.

Could be wrong because I've just gleaned that from podcasts.

I feel so bad for anyone who lives in those cities and was there before the zoom worker boom.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

kiimo posted:

Well the good news is he won't be around long with that diet

well he has #HeartTransplant in his twitter bio so

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Well that makes me feel better about 2 - 4 times a month Uber Eats order. Does this man not know how to at least use a microwave?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I use Grubhub way too much

but I have a lot of insanely good restaurants where I live. I can't imagine using it for loving Applebee's what could you possibly be craving there. Man if I don't get riblets delivered once a week I just lose my mind

edit: and getting something delivered from a place that has a drive thru is just anadulturated SLOTH

edit 2:

I understand more now

kiimo fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Aug 12, 2023

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Salvor_Hardin posted:

This one was me. I got pretty far in it.

Did this version also have birds in it? loving Ninja Gaiden NES birds.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Just finished Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem. To keep it TFF centered, you should direct all hate towards Leonardo for name dropping Tom Brady.

I do love the career arc of Trent Reznor starting as the front man of Nine Inch Nails to now making movie scores for children's movies.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

kiimo posted:

but I have a lot of insanely good restaurants where I live. I can't imagine using it for loving Applebee's what could you possibly be craving there. Man if I don't get riblets delivered once a week I just lose my mind

edit: and getting something delivered from a place that has a drive thru is just anadulturated SLOTH

edit 2:

I understand more now

now he's blocking people for tweeting his mugshot lol

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Android Apocalypse posted:

And I thought I spent a fair amount on getting chicken wings via DoorDash…

Then again my habit is limited to the NFL season.

I was thinking about dinner for the Broncos game tonight and you've inspired me. I uh also got it delivered. uwu

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

I do love the career arc of Trent Reznor starting as the front man of Nine Inch Nails to now making movie scores for children's movies.

I’ve been saying for about a decade after he got the Oscar for The Social Network, we need a NIN jukebox musical so Trent can get his EGOT.

Also remember he did the music for Quake back in the day too.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Netflix added a bunch of the fast and furious movies (or I’m just noticing they’re there) and I’m watching Tokyo drift.

I still cannot believe that is this guys real accent. It’s almost as bad as Dan Ackroyd’s in Driving Mrs Daisy except it’s real

Joey Freshwater fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Aug 12, 2023

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I think they're recently added. Before this they were on Peacock and HBO

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Joey Freshwater posted:

Netflix added a bunch of the fast and furious movies (or I’m just noticing they’re there) and I’m watching Tokyo drift.

I still cannot believe that is this guys real accent. It’s almost as bad as Dan Ackroyd’s in Driving Mrs Daisy except it’s real

Best intro song when they walk into the parking garage, it still earworms me sometimes ( Also my favorite FF movie)

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Kinda bummed cause I was looking forward to having a smoke before doing yardwork tomorrow but my last pod dried up on me a couple days ago

LA goons come up and bring some edibles

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Aug 12, 2023

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Just finished Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem. To keep it TFF centered, you should direct all hate towards Leonardo for name dropping Tom Brady.

Anyone whose favorite turtle is Leonardo is a cop.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

kiimo posted:

Same situation on the choices here (Lingburi Thai at 2:30am? Sure!) , and my "way too much" is me getting delivery 6 times in a month, but how in the entire gently caress do you eat $3500 worth of limp plain chicken sandwiches driven however many miles to you from the local Chick-Fil-A/Chick-Fil-A®? That's 558 Soggy Sadboi Combos a year!!

a sexual elk posted:

Kinda bummed cause I was looking forward to having a smoke before doing yardwork tomorrow but my last pod dried up on me a couple days ago

LA goons come up and bring some edibles

https;//nuggclub.com/inv/6cghpb

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Ether Frenzy posted:

https;//nuggclub.com/inv/6cghpb

Bitch I’m broke and can’t imagine them delivering up the mountain haha

Was just talking about what you said way back when with my neighbor, saying longshoreman work is brutal in the LA thread and holy poo poo you nailed it, I lasted 2 years and my back is hosed, at least I don’t want pills.
On top of 20 years of warehouse work, being young and having to be the strongest guy around, but now I’m hurting from doing to many sit-ups a couple weeks ago trying to prove to the kids I can do stuff at 38 and I’m still strong as gently caress…..and I think I crushed a disk down near my tail bone cause holy hell any injury near the kidneys is a slow pain

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Aug 12, 2023

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Also bring up some L&L Hawaiian, protein plate with a fried egg

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I spend an obscene amount on DoorDash and lmao that dude crushes me

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Dog got brushed and a bath this morning

This was from just one half of him

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I'm not sure that I spend $25k a year on food to feed myself, my wife, and our toddler. Maybe close to that, but certainly not all on eating out!

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Backs not feeling it, so my alone time today I’m gonna smoke and watch Master and Commander while goofing around on the switch.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I made a peanut butter and banana sandwich for lunch. My grandfather used to make them for me all the time and I haven’t had one in probably 15 years and it’s just as amazing as I remember

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Were you like Oliver Platt in The Bear when you ate it

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

kiimo posted:

Were you like Oliver Platt in The Bear when you ate it

idgi, I haven’t watched the second season and remember very little about the first

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

I’m like persistently blown away by the phrase “perfect phone call.” Pure nonsense but the big wet boy can’t do anything that isn’t “perfect” or “tremendous” or whatever.

But that phrase just makes me feel like I’m having a psychotic break.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Joey Freshwater posted:

idgi, I haven’t watched the second season and remember very little about the first

There’s a whole subplot about a chocolate covered banana remindIng him of his youth

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

LeeMajors posted:

I’m like persistently blown away by the phrase “perfect phone call.” Pure nonsense but the big wet boy can’t do anything that isn’t “perfect” or “tremendous” or whatever.

But that phrase just makes me feel like I’m having a psychotic break.

there's only one perfect phone call

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRRsXxE1KVY

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

a sexual elk posted:

Backs not feeling it, so my alone time today I’m gonna smoke and watch Master and Commander while goofing around on the switch.

Master and Commander rules, one of my favorite movies. Wish it had caught on more and we could’ve at least had a trilogy

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
New Ninja Turtle movie was pretty good. Not a bad way to spend 90 minutes if you like them.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

anyone screaming about how woke it was because april is black and stout now?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
I'm planning to go out tonight to try to catch the meteor shower

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Hope you got a glove

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Intruder posted:

anyone screaming about how woke it was because april is black and stout now?

Not in our theatre at least.

I didn’t like what they did to Splinter though. I always liked the backstory of him being Hamato Yoshi’s pet (or Hamato Yoshi himself, based on the version), can’t say the new direction was an improvement.

Silly Burrito fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Aug 12, 2023

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I liked the new TMNT movie. Animation direction wasn't my bag but it was done well. Interesting choice to go more the toy route origins and not have Splinter be the pet of Hamato Yoshi.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Joey Freshwater posted:

Dog got brushed and a bath this morning

This was from just one half of him

We got a F5 Furnado on our hands friends

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

To Lord Nelson!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU