Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I feel like I'm missing something here. Why would hitting MJF with a roll of quarters be problematic? Is there something antisemitic that I'm not getting?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

edogawa rando posted:

I feel like I'm missing something here. Why would hitting MJF with a roll of quarters be problematic? Is there something antisemitic that I'm not getting?

When MJF was a kid bullies would throw quarters at him and say "Pick em up, Jew Boy"

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
its never happening anyway given that Roderick had a Jewish wedding and Marina is Jewish

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

If (when?) Cole betrays MJF after using the Zero Hour tag to exhaust him ahead of their main event, all they have to do is show him, Dr. Britt Baker DMD and Roddy standing together laughing in the background with the belt while a despondent MJF is crumpled on the mat in the foreground realizing that a man he thought was his friend has betrayed him again. That in and of itself would be great, no need to add anything else on to it.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Wazzu posted:

Oh and for those unaware, Bryan Alvarez and the Wrestletalk guys are being loving idiots, Bix is rightfully calling them out for it.

https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/1689817940747558912

Like both of these groups probably thoughts Cornette's plan to do a transphobic Nyla title run was stupid, but they'll still call for this and not realise why that's bad. Bad thing happening to him in the past doesn't mean it should happen again!

?????

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Seems quite understandable, what part are you struggling with OP?

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
MASK OFF BRYAN ALVAREZ*

*-Bryan Alvarez's mask may or may not be off

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

Yikesaroo

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Bryan Chud???

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Jerusalem posted:

If (when?) Cole betrays MJF after using the Zero Hour tag to exhaust him ahead of their main event, all they have to do is show him, Dr. Britt Baker DMD and Roddy standing together laughing in the background with the belt while a despondent MJF is crumpled on the mat in the foreground realizing that a man he thought was his friend has betrayed him again. That in and of itself would be great, no need to add anything else on to it.

I assumed that is going to be the story of the show.

Anyone that's ever seen wrestling, probably assumes Cole is going to turn on MJF

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Also if someone gets hit with a roll of quarters they need to get their head shaved immediately after.

That poo poo happened to Eric Bischoff like 3 times

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Also if someone gets hit with a roll of quarters they need to get their head shaved immediately after.

That poo poo happened to Eric Bischoff like 3 times

There are easier ways to save money on haircuts.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Drakkel posted:

When MJF was a kid bullies would throw quarters at him and say "Pick em up, Jew Boy"

He was a teenager, and it was his fellow members of the football team.

I don't think re-enacting the anti-semetic bullying MJF suffered would be a good thing. He can get betrayed in other ways.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
just got word that bix caught his own shadow in a full mask-off moment

UnleashedDad
Jan 14, 2022

hi im tony. did you know that a koala's appendix is about two meters long.
Based on everything I've heard he should keep the mask on

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
glad we've established that Bryan Alvarez doesn't want to do a genocide but what about Vinny V, Granny, Craig, or Sometimes Other People?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Drakkel posted:

Ah, right.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

glad we've established that Bryan Alvarez doesn't want to do a genocide but what about Vinny V, Granny, Craig, or Sometimes Other People?

Granny did get sad about it when Stalin died, so :shrug:

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

If you think that’s bad go take a look at his X likes

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

the escape goat posted:

Granny did get sad about it when Stalin died, so :shrug:

lol

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

NienNunb posted:

If you think that’s bad go take a look at his X likes

i thought dave is the one with the X

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

granny's silence regarding the matter is deafening for sure

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

David Bixenspan turned into Matt Yglesias, hate to see it

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

NienNunb posted:

his X likes

Her?

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Gumball Gumption posted:

David Bixenspan turned into Matt Yglesias, hate to see it
Oh COME ON, I definitely didn't do that.

(Also, I'm assuming some people aren't watching the Bryan clip since he explicitly said gave the bullying as the reason it should be a roll of quarters.)

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Cavauro posted:

gotta give it up for that guy who always uses really good discipline when it comes to saying "nazi" as a general insult toward people online. he's never done it
When have I ever used "Nazi" to describe anything other than Nazi behavior?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

What does "mask off" mean, bix?

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
What DOES "Mask Off" mean, Bix?

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

I probably could have worded it better, but it doesn't exclusively mean "Nazi." It's just that there's been a much greater need to use it to describe behavior by Nazis of late.

All of that said: At the end of the day, it's still Bryan not taking antisemitism seriously at all. And I have to be hyper-vigilant about that kind of person.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

davidbix posted:

I probably could have worded it better, but it doesn't exclusively mean "Nazi." It's just that there's been a much greater need to use it to describe behavior by Nazis of late.

All of that said: At the end of the day, it's still Bryan not taking antisemitism seriously at all. And I have to be hyper-vigilant about that kind of person.

Will MJF be committing an antisemitism if the whole point of re-doing that promo was to set up a roll of nickles punch spot at Wembley?

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

1glitch0 posted:

Will MJF be committing an antisemitism if the whole point of re-doing that promo was to set up a roll of nickles punch spot at Wembley?
...no?

But they're also not doing that.

And to be clear, I think that the finish as suggested would be fine without the "roll of quarters to evoke the Nazi poo poo" aspect.

UnleashedDad
Jan 14, 2022

hi im tony. did you know that a koala's appendix is about two meters long.
Bro I understand you have some sort of either vendetta or clout-climbing need to poo poo on Bryan and Dave as much as you possibly can but come the gently caress on dude

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

davidbix posted:

...no?

But they're also not doing that.

And to be clear, I think that the finish as suggested would be fine without the "roll of quarters to evoke the Nazi poo poo" aspect.

So what then? Predicting the angle is antisemitic but doing the angle isn't?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

davidbix posted:

I didn't mean to imply that it meant Nazi specifically, but the way it's understood is someone taking off the pretenses of being polite and leaning into acting like the racist they truly are underneath. Bryan is probably not a secret racist.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

1glitch0 posted:

So what then? Predicting the angle is antisemitic but doing the angle isn't?
Huh?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
bryan is just a dumbass. this would have been better handled just telling him to think more about the implications of his dumb suggestion

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

imo new thread rule about posting bix tweets mentioning bryan or dave. he has a legit reason to dislike them because they stiffed him on pay or whatever. but posting the tweets just leads to poo poo like this. bryans a dumbass. nothing new. but this isnt a mask off moment lol.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Ringo Roadagain posted:

imo new thread rule about posting bix tweets mentioning bryan or dave. he has a legit reason to dislike them because they stiffed him on pay or whatever. but posting the tweets just leads to poo poo like this. bryans a dumbass. nothing new. but this isnt a mask off moment lol.

Where did the other Bryan castoffs go? Is Todd Martin still doing mma? There was that other lawyer who used to do radio with Bryan too that I liked but I forget his name.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i cant believe super chico didnt take something that is exploited for a wrestling character seriously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

1glitch0 posted:

Where did the other Bryan castoffs go? Is Todd Martin still doing mma? There was that other lawyer who used to do radio with Bryan too that I liked but I forget his name.

todd martin is on the torch and is fedpilled. i think mike coughlin is basically persona non grata.