Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Does anyone have a live stream link for England vs Colombia?

I don't have Optus here in Aus to watch it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

I’m sorry ms Chloe Kelly needs to be playing

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Two seppos and a canuck in the VAR room? RIP England

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Infinitum posted:

Go to a pub m8

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
Lol how did they not score

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

webmeister posted:

Go to a pub m8

But m8

I'm in me jimmy jams

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
thats a concussion

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

a real chump posted:

Lol how did they not score

Quality falcon

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
havent seen this many colombians dropping since pablo escobar took a helicopter ride

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Infinitum posted:

Why aren't all the games free in the host country?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Thanks Ants posted:

Because Crapitalism/FIFA

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

2-4-1 beers at the Emirates whilst watching the first half :letsgo:

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

gently caress that sucks, going off injured five minutes into the biggest game of your life

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Infinitum posted:

check ur pms

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost

Thanks Ants posted:

"No one watches women's football".

The rights were sold to a mobile phone company's sports app because no tv wanted to pay for it.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The secrets of the universe have been revealed to me

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

a real chump posted:

"No one watches women's football".

The rights were sold to a mobile phone company's sports app because no tv wanted to pay for it.

Meanwhile it's free on BBC/ITV here and England games are getting millions of viewers, even with the awkward kickoff times

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Thanks Ants posted:

Seriouspost there’s a law that says the free tv stations get first dibs on rights to “nationally significant” sporting events. The men’s football team is on the list, but the women’s team is not, for exactly the reason you think (nobody cares about women’s sport mate).

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Colombia upping the stakes in the shithousing department

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
In Aus, winter is split between two different codes of football, neither of which is roundball stuff.

We play our season in summer to avoid the competition.

It's still a really dumb decision as evidenced by.. *guestures vaguely at everything*

Bourricot
Aug 7, 2016

Now that France is out, it's time to wear my Anything But England jersey
Vamos Colombia!

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

mfcrocker posted:

Meanwhile it's free on BBC/ITV here and England games are getting millions of viewers, even with the awkward kickoff times

Yeah, it’s (rightly) being treated like any other World Cup and it’s great. I love waking up and a match being all set, World Cups are The Best.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

webmeister posted:

Seriouspost there’s a law that says the free tv stations get first dibs on rights to “nationally significant” sporting events. The men’s football team is on the list, but the women’s team is not, for exactly the reason you think (nobody cares about women’s sport mate).

It’s very funny that nobody thought bidding to host the World Cup might mean that it makes it to the list of nationally significant sports

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

webmeister posted:

I mean hopefully they'll give a poo poo after us beating France. HUGE win.

(But yeah to be fair I'm not much of a Sports Watcher outside of World Cups/Finals these days - though that has less to do with which sex is playing)

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

win and in, she'll be right. footy oh what a feeling.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Super aggro teenager

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
lmao this guzman chicks mental

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Guzman is out for blood.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Guzman is deffo the Buttercup of these PPGs

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
got the ball

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Thanks Ants posted:

It’s very funny that nobody thought bidding to host the World Cup might mean that it makes it to the list of nationally significant sports

I know right :rolleyes:

Apparently once Optus won the rights they basically had to push Channel 7 into buying up a few games

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

2-4-1 beers at the Emirates whilst watching the first half :letsgo:

m8 that's not a legal formation, it needs more players

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost

Thanks Ants posted:

That part doesn't even matter, it just means they were all on the same footing. No one else wanted to front up the money.

I bet Optus has already made back most of its money by onselling the rights to Matildas games to the free to air.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
vamos colombia, matar

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Hello that was the most intense game I've ever watched I think, go Matildas

Also go Colombia

Harry Lime
Feb 27, 2008

lol how is a two hand pull back on an arm not a yellow

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
its getting cunty

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
Columbia don't give a gently caress and the refs just let them.mkst of the time.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Man I thought the Aus/Fra match was physical

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

gently caress Caicedo is so good