Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

90sgamer posted:

If Phil Spencer doesn’t deliver hexen remake. He has failed as a leader and as a man

What is his track record so far of wearing t-shirts that are teasers for upcoming games?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

Crafty posted:

Halo infinite multiplayer is now excellent. The matchmaking in ranked where I play (at high platinum low diamond) is excellent, meaning I’m involved in a ton of evenly balanced games that tensely swing in the balance. The matches last around 15/20 mins which is a sweet spot for me (though everyone knows you can’t stop on a loss). They’re steadily adding more game types and weapons/pickups, along with the usual cosmetics.

There’s more teammates on mics than I’ve seen in any Xbox game in the last ten years. I love it !

did they finally fix the terrible latency issues that led to getting meleed through walls/shot around corners/sniped by people who hadn’t even picked up the rifle on your screen yet? i browse the patch notes every few months to see if there’s anything about network improvements, but i’ve not seen anything since that one video of the guy showing off the desync in a warthog on that btb map got addressed (and didn’t really fix the desync, just makes it)

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Here is Phil talking about the Hexen shirt

tldr is he just likes Hexen and thinks revisiting the ip sometime would be cool

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

Beastie posted:

I have a soft spot for Quake II because it was installed on all of the computers in my high school computer lab by the head tech and he'd unlock it for my friends and I after school.

This was circa 2004 so I have no idea why he chose Quake II but Damien was a cool dude.

In my school the computer studies teacher loaded on Red Faction or Tribes 2 for us to play during lunch break once a week :D good times

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

SUNKOS posted:

Here is Phil talking about the Hexen shirt

tldr is he just likes Hexen and thinks revisiting the ip sometime would be cool

Remaster in the works confirmed

Nightdive are wizards. Once Rise of the Triad gets past it's certification hiccups to get on console, they should do Blood next. Or Redneck Rampage.

Edit: Oh, right. They already did Blood: Fresh Supply, but it didn't get a console port. Bummer.

Edit #2: Xatrix Entertainment that developed Redneck Rampage and The Reckoning for Quake II became Grey Matter Studios with the help of Activision. They then went on to make Return To Castle Wolfenstein and CoD United Offensive before being merged into Treyarch in 2005. So RR's IP sits with Activision?

If that's the case, Phil has another job to do after the acquisition.

Charles Martel fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Aug 11, 2023

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

90sgamer posted:

I can’t accept that. Ravensoft doesn’t make bad games

Even they have their clunkers

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I've never played Quake 1 or 2 before

They own

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Yeah, this is a great remaster of Quake 2. It's probably been 20 years since I played it last.

Profanity
Aug 26, 2005
Grimey Drawer
I just found out today that Sonic Mayhem and Sascha Dikiciyan are the same person. The Deus Ex: Mankind Divided soundtrack rules.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

I know Blasphemous 2 is releasing soon but for people that simply cannot get enough and want even more this looks pretty solid and in the same style, also releasing soon as well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbN8_acqZU4

IGN also has another video about Lords of the Fallen which reveals more about the mechanics of the game which sound really clever and fun. The longer you spend in the other world after dying (or choosing to die) the worse it gets, with hallucinations of monsters turning into real ones and some enemy the devs don't want to spoil spawning to hunt you down once you've maxed it out. Some enemies and bosses have stuff you need to take out in there as well and the soul-ripping mechanic can be used to make enemies run off ledges chasing it :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXjH9mgaaNg

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Beastie posted:

I have a soft spot for Quake II because it was installed on all of the computers in my high school computer lab by the head tech and he'd unlock it for my friends and I after school.

This was circa 2004 so I have no idea why he chose Quake II but Damien was a cool dude.

This except Descent circa 1998

Jables88
Jul 26, 2010
Tortured By Flan
Fun to play the Quake 2 campaign but it's funny how used to having autosaved checkpoints we are now. Even losing 3 minutes progress feels frustrating.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Charles Martel posted:

Nightdive are wizards. Once Rise of the Triad gets past it's certification hiccups to get on console, they should do Blood next. Or Redneck Rampage.

Edit: Oh, right. They already did Blood: Fresh Supply, but it didn't get a console port. Bummer.
The Blood IP sits with WB Games, who refuse to get out of bed for less than a squillion bucks, so a console port isn't hugely likely. The PC version of Fresh Supply only happened through a contractual loophole (Atari has the digital distribution rights and were able to convince the lawyers that it was a "compatibility update"!)

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~
Immortals of Aveum is the modern day Hexen (that no one seems to give a poo poo about)

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Blood is awesome. I saw some indie dev made a game that looked kinda inspired by it, I think it's called Cultic?

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

SUNKOS posted:

Blood is awesome. I saw some indie dev made a game that looked kinda inspired by it, I think it's called Cultic?
Yeah, Cultic is awesome and takes plenty of inspiration from Blood, but also walks its own gritty, bitcrushed path. No console version (yet?) though.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

There's so many great indie games that skip consoles entirely, or maybe just release on Switch and call it a day. I've always wondered what changed from the days where indie games were pretty much guaranteed to hit consoles after XBLA kicked off that whole thing. Maybe fatigue? Sucks to see review sections for some games on the store having low reviews complaining about pixel graphics etc. but maybe it's young teens who weren't old enough during the 360 era or maybe even last gen getting into gaming recently?

The big thing that stands out to me is Devolver Digital having transitioned to being mostly PC-only now.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I think you get way way way more sales on switch

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

SUNKOS posted:

There's so many great indie games that skip consoles entirely, or maybe just release on Switch and call it a day. I've always wondered what changed from the days where indie games were pretty much guaranteed to hit consoles after XBLA kicked off that whole thing. Maybe fatigue? Sucks to see review sections for some games on the store having low reviews complaining about pixel graphics etc. but maybe it's young teens who weren't old enough during the 360 era or maybe even last gen getting into gaming recently?

The big thing that stands out to me is Devolver Digital having transitioned to being mostly PC-only now.

Switch users are willing to pay more for indies than console users.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I think you get way way way more sales on switch

It’s amazing they manage because the switch store is so, so bad and just filled with absolute garbage with obvious soundalike ripoff titles.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

priznat posted:

It’s amazing they manage because the switch store is so, so bad and just filled with absolute garbage with obvious soundalike ripoff titles.

Load bearing deku deals

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Switch store also runs like absolute rear end, I can't believe they never did something about that

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Started Assassins Creed: Brotherhood with the free play days. Never played that one, so far it's not bad!

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
On the subject of Quake, a GOG copy of Quake IV can be had if you are a Amazon Prime member.

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1690050928744022016?t=pHuNztX86AHYvQakPAKipg&s=19

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Not worth the hassle

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

I really appreciate when you guys post these free game reminders. Like I don't check the Amazon prime stuff that often.

FYI you need to go into gog.com and redeem the code after, it has a short expiration.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

John F Bennett posted:

Started Assassins Creed: Brotherhood with the free play days. Never played that one, so far it's not bad!

Toe this is probably the peak of Assassin's Creed although I like the newer ones.

Also started Quake 2 last night and even did some multiplayer and it's a ton of fun. I'm not sure I played it when it was first out, all those early 90s FPS kind of run together to me.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

TheScott2K posted:

Switch store also runs like absolute rear end, I can't believe they never did something about that

It will be fixed with the switch pro.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

Toe this is probably the peak of Assassin's Creed although I like the newer ones.
Yeah I love the series and will continue to play the new ones but Brotherhood still hasn't been beaten

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

John F Bennett posted:

The dedicated button to summon ninjas out of nowhere to kill your enemies is my most missed feature of the modern games.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

All those upgrades and you never did get yourself a chainsaw dick... What a waste.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6NH-TDClDA

Yet another excellent game launching later this year :vince:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Ryoga posted:

The dedicated button to summon ninjas out of nowhere to kill your enemies is my most missed feature of the modern games.

You could do that in Odyssey, they even let you summon your own mom.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

exquisite tea posted:

Mama Mia!

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

exquisite tea posted:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lmao

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Banned for doxxing.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Usually when I redeem microsoft rewards points for a gamepass sub they email the redemption code within like 15 minutes, but today for whatever reason it’s taking em a while. I googled it and turns out it sometimes takes up to 48 hours.

So for those of you thinking of subscribing to game pass just for Starfield or whatever, do it a day or two before the release date!

Neco
Mar 13, 2005

listen

ZeeBoi posted:

Quake 2’s weapons still sound and feel like poo poo

Nice wrongtake buddy. Q2 was the birth of the loving Railgun! Well technically it was Shadow Warrior but nobody played the multiplayer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

SUNKOS posted:

I know Blasphemous 2 is releasing soon but for people that simply cannot get enough and want even more this looks pretty solid and in the same style, also releasing soon as well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbN8_acqZU4

IGN also has another video about Lords of the Fallen which reveals more about the mechanics of the game which sound really clever and fun. The longer you spend in the other world after dying (or choosing to die) the worse it gets, with hallucinations of monsters turning into real ones and some enemy the devs don't want to spoil spawning to hunt you down once you've maxed it out. Some enemies and bosses have stuff you need to take out in there as well and the soul-ripping mechanic can be used to make enemies run off ledges chasing it :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXjH9mgaaNg

it's probably going to be an improvement on the last one but the combat feedback looks awful. some of the most weightless i've seen since shadows of war