Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
lol

https://twitter.com/Some1NamedRyan/status/1690431039498592257

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaximilianK
Jan 8, 2022

The Glumslinger posted:

I'm planning to go out tonight to try to catch the meteor shower

Did this last night and it was bomb. All 4 outer planets are visible too! Go to scope Saturn for the first time this morning. Did not disappoint.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

C-Euro posted:

I appreciate this post.

/Tips his hat ole British sailor style

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

My go to to annoy my wife is earworming her with Cotton Eye Joe or The Final Countdown when I’m driving. Her revenge is White Wedding when she’s at the wheel. (We have a rule, driver picks music and cook doesn’t do dishes, I haven’t washed a plate in years)

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I didn’t realize there were new episodes of New Girl

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Braves beat the mets 21-3.

this was against a position player pitching in 9th

https://twitter.com/MLBHRVideos/status/1690456678817296385?s=20

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
lol christ.

21-3 is a football score

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Yeah well the Surprise defeated a superior, in every way, vessel by pretending it was a Whaler ship. A lesson learned by the captain from the ships doctor’s observations during his trip to the Galápagos Islands

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

kiimo posted:

I use Grubhub way too much

but I have a lot of insanely good restaurants where I live. I can't imagine using it for loving Applebee's what could you possibly be craving there. Man if I don't get riblets delivered once a week I just lose my mind

edit: and getting something delivered from a place that has a drive thru is just anadulturated SLOTH

edit 2:

I understand more now

I had a coworker where we (most of the office) would get drinks after work at a pizza place and because we were regulars that bought a lot of drinks they were okay with outside food. Mother fucker got McDonald's door dashed to a place you could buy pepperoni pizza by the slice.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Air Skwirl posted:

I had a coworker where we (most of the office) would get drinks after work at a pizza place and because we were regulars that bought a lot of drinks they were okay with outside food. Mother fucker got McDonald's door dashed to a place you could buy pepperoni pizza by the slice.

This guy worked for trump

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

a sexual elk posted:

My go to to annoy my wife is earworming her with Cotton Eye Joe or The Final Countdown when I’m driving. Her revenge is White Wedding when she’s at the wheel. (We have a rule, driver picks music and cook doesn’t do dishes, I haven’t washed a plate in years)

White Wedding is great tho

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Pontius Pilate posted:

White Wedding is great tho

Bites her back cause I sing White Wedding at the top of my lungs every time

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

Braves beat the mets 21-3.

this was against a position player pitching in 9th

https://twitter.com/MLBHRVideos/status/1690456678817296385?s=20

Lol 62 mph pitch Riley has some power

Also lol Mets - Braves beat them 7-0 yesterday

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Whelp I misread my plane ticket and thought the 2:19pm departure time was my boarding time (it was actually 1:49pm).

Time to get drunk at SEATAC while waiting for my alternate flight at 5:10pm (that boards at 4:40pm).

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Man, I wish it were possible to consume news without being consumed with white hot burning rage. Has that always been true for non-sociopaths?

https://twitter.com/uahikea/status/1690389575229693952?s=20

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Shinji2015 posted:

lol christ.

21-3 is a football score

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Honestly… I'm not going to get too worked up over that NYT blurb. If it was the only article the NYT had on the disaster then it would be pretty :chloe:. But other journalists have already written about the destruction the wildfires brought.

Demanding that journalism only focus on the worst poo poo is just feeding into the doomscrolling machine. I had to review news articles for companies post-college and the deluge of horrible poo poo that was reported forced me to get therapy.

LeeMajors you're a good goon here but I think you need to log off TwitterX for a bit. Probably would do us all some good to get off that platform.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

I just realized Braves and Mets play again tonight lol and again tomorrow

Current series scoring is 28-3

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Joey Freshwater posted:

Lol 62 mph pitch Riley has some power

Also lol Mets - Braves beat them 7-0 yesterday

I just love when a position player pitches and they are trying SO HARD just to get it near the strike zone.

edit: Like I can hear his internal monologue of "Just in the zone, just over the plate, you can do this" and the slow wind up

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

CannonFodder posted:

I just love when a position player pitches and they are trying SO HARD just to get it near the strike zone.

Tucker Barnhart did this last week vs the Braves in Chicago. He was throwing these rainbows in the low 40s for strikes. It was hilarious.

https://x.com/bitbaseball_/status/1687611648020803584?s=46&t=eGtKhFFooZWFwCmcVJDt3Q

e: guess x not gonna give it to ya, gotta click the link

Joey Freshwater fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Aug 12, 2023

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

CannonFodder posted:

edit: Like I can hear his internal monologue of "Just in the zone, just over the plate, you can do this" and the slow wind up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paaFLpJg79o

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Lol that one is so good too. I love how he’s just tossing them in there and then comes with the “fastball”

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It also should be noted for further lol Mets for those that don’t follow baseball, the Mets spent over $1B in free agency and are 52-64, 4th place (of 5) in the East and 22.5 games out of 1st. They have the highest payroll in MLB.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
I was just snaking a sewer line in my basement and fortunately cleared out the clog. Unfortunately, a pressure wave of poo gas immediately shot out and now I'm airing out my house and can't use the AC <:mad:>

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Android Apocalypse posted:

LeeMajors you're a good goon here but I think you need to log off TwitterX for a bit. Probably would do us all some good to get off that platform.

lol my only exposure to it is on SA.

I guess I need to isolate or work on some radical acceptance or whatever.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Joey Freshwater posted:

Current series scoring is 28-3

They've got the Braves right where they want em

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Joey Freshwater posted:

It also should be noted for further lol Mets for those that don’t follow baseball, the Mets spent over $1B in free agency and are 52-64, 4th place (of 5) in the East and 22.5 games out of 1st. They have the highest payroll in MLB.

:stonklol:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Rizzo deserves so much better than to be a Yankee

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Also holy poo poo at Matt Olson with 40 homers already. Wild as hell.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

It’s kind of a thing with the Mets. Last year on June 1st they were 10.5 games up on the rest of the East. They pissed it away over the season and the final series was against the Braves. All they needed was one win to win the East and they got swept.

To be fair they did win 101 games, which isn’t easy, as did the Braves, Braves just held the tie breaker because of that final series.

I love making GBS threads on the Mets.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

LeeMajors posted:

Also holy poo poo at Matt Olson with 40 homers already. Wild as hell.

It’s 42 actually, he hit 2 today.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

brisket's done

(yes there's a spot you can see where I hosed up the trimming so liquid pooled during the smoke)

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Intruder posted:

brisket's done

(yes there's a spot you can see where I hosed up the trimming so liquid pooled during the smoke)

Smh basically Manas Steak

Jk looks amazing would overeat

How’d you do it?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

a sexual elk posted:

Backs not feeling it, so my alone time today I’m gonna smoke and watch Master and Commander while goofing around on the switch.

Sounds like you chose the lesser of two weevils.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

1:1 pepper and salt with about 20% of the salt being lawrie's (by weight), mustard coating before seasoning it. cooked in my primo xl ceramic smoker with mesquite chunks

haven't tasted it yet, just took it off a few minutes ago so it's resting for an hour or two

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Intruder posted:

1:1 pepper and salt with about 20% of the salt being lawrie's (by weight), mustard coating before seasoning it. cooked in my primo xl ceramic smoker with mesquite chunks

haven't tasted it yet, just took it off a few minutes ago so it's resting for an hour or two

I do the mustard coating too but I use Bad Byron’s Butt Rub, no extra salt or anything and it’s amazing.

I’m interested to know how it turns out

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

so you'd recommend that I assume

looking for a rub for the pork butt I have in my freezer

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Intruder posted:

Hardly a unique or rare recommendation but this is what GWS suggested years ago and it’s never steered me wrong

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Intruder posted:

Yeah! I’ve used it on brisket and butt and even ribs and I love it.

This BBQ sauce also pairs great with it if you like spicy

https://www.dennymikes.com/products/hot-n-nasty%AE-sauce

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Thaddius the Large posted:

Hardly a unique or rare recommendation but this is what GWS suggested years ago and it’s never steered me wrong

I'll give that a try, it'll give me some use for the dark brown sugar I never use except when I'm making bread pudding

Joey Freshwater posted:

Yeah! I’ve used it on brisket and butt and even ribs and I love it.

This BBQ sauce also pairs great with it if you like spicy

https://www.dennymikes.com/products/hot-n-nasty%AE-sauce

for whatever reason I stocked up on the spicy famous dave's sauce even though I don't use bbq sauce very often :v:

Intruder fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Aug 13, 2023