Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

BiggerBoat posted:

"I DId Dint."

Imperioli is very good at playing high/drunk. He never really over sells it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNuTGROxQWc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
She must’ve crawled under there for warmth.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

It's probably noteworthy that apparently a dog barking is justification enough for Paulie to kill one.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Oh yeah Paulie might be the biggest psycho on the show.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Horsebanger posted:

Finished reading Jerusalem's write ups of this show after reading their write ups from Mad Men.

What a great show, what a great read. Thankyou Jerusalem :)

Thank David Chase!
offer not valid in The Many Saints of Newark

Wiltsghost posted:

Watched "Whoever Did This" last night. Might be my favorite episode so far on this rewatch. Tony killing Ralphie and then the cleanup. Chris showing up stoned out of his mind. Then the end with the tractor. The whole last 30 minutes is some of the best TV I've ever seen. Just so good.

E: also Tony yelling Christopher's name in the empty strip club with him nowhere in sight

I love that pretty much the entire crew knows immediately that Tony killed Ralphie and just agree (with a healthy dollop of self-preservation) not to push him about it. They all seem so relieved when he gives them the at least somewhat plausible scapegoat of pretending Johnny Sack was behind it.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

*beaten and bruised to hell, with blood-red eyes from the spray of Raid, and standing over dead body*

“I found him like dis.”

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Matt Zerella posted:

Oh yeah Paulie might be the biggest psycho on the show.
He’s up there but I still think it’s Phil Leotardo

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year
Paulie's violence extends beyond the mob stuff in areas that are super disturbing, like murdering his mother's friend in the retirement home or the waiter outside the restaurant (though that was a combo of him and Christopher), and even the Barone son (which only has a thin veneer of relevance to the mob, its mostly motivated by Paulie's resentment).

It's such a strange juxtaposition with his character because he's otherwise such a goofy, kinda pathetic guy in a lot of ways, but then it's contrasted with this extreme violence on occasion. And that's why he's a great character in a great show.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Yeah the show does a good job of reminding you that these dudes are charismatic but it would be a mistake to like them. Paulie's casual violence, Silvio being basically a pimp, that kind of thing

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

MrMojok posted:

*beaten and bruised to hell, with blood-red eyes from the spray of Raid, and standing over dead body*

“I found him like dis.”

Ambulance wouldn't have helped him anyway.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

I love when Pauline first meets Finn, that complete 180 when he realises that he’s dating Meadow is great

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Hey Shaggy, grab a bucket and some Lysol, scrub off my tires. There’s dog poo poo all over by the entrance.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Ainsley McTree posted:

Yeah the show does a good job of reminding you that these dudes are charismatic but it would be a mistake to like them. Paulie's casual violence, Silvio being basically a pimp, that kind of thing

Silvio happily talking about the way he gets the strippers in hock to him so they can never get out is so hosed up. When he's gloating over the fact that Tracey didn't need the normal implants loan he gives out but he exploited her sensitivity about her teeth to trap her anyway, it's absolutely monstrous.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Hey The Stugots can be yours for $299,900. It looks like a pretty nice boat.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Jerusalem posted:

Silvio happily talking about the way he gets the strippers in hock to him so they can never get out is so hosed up. When he's gloating over the fact that Tracey didn't need the normal implants loan he gives out but he exploited her sensitivity about her teeth to trap her anyway, it's absolutely monstrous.

Those chompers, fuckin train wreck.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

MrMojok posted:

“I found him like dis.”

of all the horrific graphic violence on that show, the Raid to the eyes is the hardest to watch

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

of all the horrific graphic violence on that show, the Raid to the eyes is the hardest to watch

For me it's Richie just shattering the coffee pot across Beansie's face. I think it's how sudden it is.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

yeah i don't know why i qualified that with "basically", he is just a literal pimp. funny guy though

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

It's $50 to me, plus a blow job later.

Even Georgie was an opportunistic piece of poo poo lol.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

Dawgstar posted:

For me it's Richie just shattering the coffee pot across Beansie's face. I think it's how sudden it is.

Mine is Sean and Matt (Cheese gently caress) throwing hot coffee on the stock broker’s neck and face and then stomping the poo poo out of him in his cubicle. That’s some bullshit.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I’m doing a rewatch with a friend that’s never seen the show before and we just finished University. There is not one guy in the entire episode that is not a monster. It’s also the episode where Noah breaks up with Meadow in the middle of a library right after she’s had sex for the first time.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I’m doing a rewatch with a friend that’s never seen the show before and we just finished University. There is not one guy in the entire episode that is not a monster. It’s also the episode where Noah breaks up with Meadow in the middle of a library right after she’s had sex for the first time.

And not even because her dad's a giant racist but because her roomie's annoying.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!
For some reason....I never finished the show when I was watching it 10-15 years ago. I'm now currently rewatching and I am through four seasons. Makes no sense why I would drop off this show....considering that it deserves every accolade awarded. Probably drinking too much at the time.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
THEY DIDN’T HAVE FLATTOPS IN ANCIENT ROME

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

THEY DIDN’T HAVE FLATTOPS IN ANCIENT ROME

Ralphie obsessively quoting Gladiator rang very true because I also knew a couple of guys who were super into it and did the same. None of them ever clocked me with a padlock on a chain so bonus.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

I want options when I graduate, and a C+ is hosed for me

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
wasn't it a C- :aaa:

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Noah is the loving worst. The way he and Meadow treat Kaitlyn is beyond hosed up.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Ralph Hurley posted:

Mine is Sean and Matt (Cheese gently caress) throwing hot coffee on the stock broker’s neck and face and then stomping the poo poo out of him in his cubicle. That’s some bullshit.

Anybody else got a problem wit Webistics? :colbert:

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Pokeman cards

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

crispix posted:

wasn't it a C- :aaa:

maybe it was, yeah

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Matt Zerella posted:

Pokeman cards

I should ascertain, right?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

I should ascertain, right?

Thal, you ah not ah membuh of thu forth

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Matt Zerella posted:

Noah is the loving worst. The way he and Meadow treat Kaitlyn is beyond hosed up.

Never trust anybody who has to also tell you the year a movie came out.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Hey Pussh. Dose pokeman cards even really exisht?

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Matt Zerella posted:

Pokeman cards

... Discontinue the lithium.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

I mean, OJ's no less of a running back, right?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I only like it when it says some pulp.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

It always cracked me up that Some Pulp orange juice is a real product. Tropicana not putting Tony Soprano in his bathrobe on the carton seems like a missed opportunity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Sometimes you want Pulp, but not too much. It's perfectly cromulent