Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

mr_jolly
Aug 20, 2003

Not so jolly now

If aliens abducted the plane they might want to look at refining their plane teleportation device seeing as debris from mh370 has washed ashore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

blatman posted:

i highly doubt u had sex because of pokemon go

u had sex because of your rugged good looks and charm

You can't beat Pikachu or whatever as a wingman

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

mr_jolly posted:

If aliens abducted the plane they might want to look at refining their plane teleportation device seeing as debris from mh370 has washed ashore.

chewed it up and spit it out

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Sorry, misjudged portal aperture size. Will not make this mistake again.

Rickshaw
Apr 11, 2004

just a coconut going for a stroll

Cactus posted:

They should've waited till after congress comes back to kick this all off, there's tonnes of time now to move the goods and keep the black-op hidden.

election year timelines have something to do with this imo

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
r/ufos is (even more) unreadable with this MH370 poo poo, goddamn

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Barry Foster posted:

r/ufos is (even more) unreadable with this MH370 poo poo, goddamn

don't worry in a week or two there will be some new dumbass incident or video to obsess over

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

my bony fealty posted:

don't worry in a week or two there will be some new dumbass incident or video to obsess over

That sub is such a goddamn mess lol

It's practically unreadable. Half of it is people accusing each other of being feds (rightly or wrongly) and the other is just chewing on absolute garbage

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

https://twitter.com/kenklippenstein/status/1690457550368477184?s=20

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

A few days ago I randomly had a thought about how I hadn't had a jury summons in like a decade.

Welp, I manifested myself jury duty.

Winkle-Daddy
Mar 10, 2007

mr_jolly posted:

https://www.express.co.uk/news/weird/1155157/mh370-news-missing-malaysia-airlines-plane-flight-370-indian-ocean-debris-russia-spt

https://www.news.com.au/travel/trav...0a0b60f152350a4

no, I don't believe any of this, but like all well crafted conspiracies you're not going to debunk it without significant effort if it's even really possible to do so

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

mr_jolly posted:

teleported it to the bottom of the ocean, just a misunderstanding of which metal tubes we use for the sky and which for the sea

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Boi we're, like, squintillion dimensional, you think it's easy for us to remember the difference between "underwater" and "under gases"??

You know what you sound like? You sound like a three year old saying no, that's the wrong red crayon, you have to use this red crayon

the identically coloured fuckin' red crayon

Jrooti, it's exhaustin'

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Barry Foster posted:

That sub is such a goddamn mess lol

It's practically unreadable. Half of it is people accusing each other of being feds (rightly or wrongly) and the other is just chewing on absolute garbage

you mean... r/ufo is spooked up? next you'll be telling me u/maxwellhill was not my #1 source for world news :ohdear:

!amicable
Jan 20, 2007

Barry Foster posted:

Boi we're, like, squintillion dimensional, you think it's easy for us to remember the difference between "underwater" and "under gases"??

You know what you sound like? You sound like a three year old saying no, that's the wrong red crayon, you have to use this red crayon

the identically coloured fuckin' red crayon

Jrooti, it's exhaustin'

open your mind to childlike wonder of humans my pnutty

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

also, i appreciate our spookiest goons for allowing a higher quality of ufo discussion with a significantly smaller group of readers. namaste 🙏

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

I mean, I get it, it's the biggest weird sub there is (I think?), and it's reddit in the first place anyway, I'm well aware of that

I guess I just liked it when places like r/ufob or r/highstrangeness were full of mothmans and kentucky goblins and the like, rather than being overspills for the cartoon dustcloud of whatever million man slapfight r/ufos is currently kickin' up

The furore is exhausting

EDIT Reddit is exhausting

Which is why

Marzzle posted:

also, i appreciate our spookiest goons for allowing a higher quality of ufo discussion with a significantly smaller group of readers. namaste 🙏

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Barry Foster posted:

I mean, I get it, it's the biggest weird sub there is (I think?), and it's reddit in the first place anyway, I'm well aware of that

I guess I just liked it when places like r/ufob or r/highstrangeness were full of mothmans and kentucky goblins and the like, rather than being overspills for the cartoon dustcloud of whatever million man slapfight r/ufos is currently kickin' up

The furore is exhausting

I figure if a place (even one like this) gets too influential they infiltrate and unleash the bullshit disinfo machine then fill the place up with division and falsehoods from the boys down in eglin AFB

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

cspam is small enough to be written off as fringe leftie crackpots therefore it's actually good to let us have unobstructed discussions because a zany respirator goon will recite stuff to people thus making it look even crazier and easily dismissed by mainstream society

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

"Zany respirator goon", a phrase so loaded with an absolutely draining amount of baggage that I feel whithered for having read it

Those ppl are right to protect themselves and if being right alienates you, it's ok to be alienated

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Barry Foster posted:

The furore is exhausting

Which is why

I'm strongly considering unsubbing from it until something else "newsworthy" happens

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

I dont know how to parse reddit and im never going to

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

WEH posted:

I dont know how to parse reddit and im never going to

The trick is to close the top comment in every thread if it's not serious and it will close all the nested puns and terrible jokes. Honestly I've found that it's the easiest way to make reddit readable.

Rickshaw
Apr 11, 2004

The worst thing about r/ufos is there's just no point contributing at all. Any post is drowned out in a sea of frothing ignorance

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Barry Foster posted:

The furore is exhausting

Which is why

r/experiencers is still gold, full of good stories and occasional psychotic breakout :smith:

goochtit
Nov 2, 2021

D-Pad posted:

A few days ago I randomly had a thought about how I hadn't had a jury summons in like a decade.

:owned:

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

D-Pad posted:

Every defense lawyer in the world is begging you: don't try to get out of it! Please go! They're crying on their knees saying this to you

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Riot Bimbo posted:

"Zany respirator goon", a phrase so loaded with an absolutely draining amount of baggage that I feel whithered for having read it

Those ppl are right to protect themselves and if being right alienates you, it's ok to be alienated

covid discourse aside, stopping discussion of legitimate stuff you don't want in the mainstream can be accomplished by foisting it on the most marginalized and alienated groups you can manage. I'd imagine if a place like this ever became as large and mainstream as reddit then you'd see a much more active style of disruption much like what goes on in reddit

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
lammo

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Greer summon the birds

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Summon UFO has a 5 day cool down and he just did it so you'll have to wait

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

man i have two nights of very intimate violence. fri nite, i kept woking up talking having stabbed someone. over and over. it was a broken up sleep and i kept going back there to stab this arsehole with a big bowie knife. shook me up. last night same stuff, same arsehole, took place in Sydney (i am in melbourne) same knife even, but i am cutting out his tongue. full colour, i am worried now i have missed something in my psyche.

ive never even been in a schoolyard fight yet along doing what appeared to be murder and mutilation. i can still see the bowie knife and feel his tongue coming out in my hand. insane intense dreaming

Zoobtro
Aug 22, 2003

Got miself a nice little earner, isn't it
simply take the element and the summoner to the giant spaceship and let god sort it out

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Sleekly posted:

man i have two nights of very intimate violence. fri nite, i kept woking up talking having stabbed someone. over and over. it was a broken up sleep and i kept going back there to stab this arsehole with a big bowie knife. shook me up. last night same stuff, same arsehole, took place in Sydney (i am in melbourne) same knife even, but i am cutting out his tongue. full colour, i am worried now i have missed something in my psyche.

ive never even been in a schoolyard fight yet along doing what appeared to be murder and mutilation. i can still see the bowie knife and feel his tongue coming out in my hand. insane intense dreaming

The cat has got your tongue and you're the cat! Time to speak up, or let them speak

Tungsten
Aug 10, 2004

Your Working Boy

Marzzle posted:

covid discourse aside, stopping discussion of legitimate stuff you don't want in the mainstream can be accomplished by foisting it on the most marginalized and alienated groups you can manage. I'd imagine if a place like this ever became as large and mainstream as reddit then you'd see a much more active style of disruption much like what goes on in reddit

only hillbillies see aliens

Winkle-Daddy
Mar 10, 2007
https://www.reddit.com/r/UFOs/comments/15pfmwk/proof_the_archived_video_is_stereoscopic_3d/

I'd love to shake the hand of the hoaxer who thought to put in this much effort

Rickshaw
Apr 11, 2004

my dream last night was that i was watching Jacob's Ladder as an in-flight movie

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Winkle-Daddy posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/UFOs/comments/15pfmwk/proof_the_archived_video_is_stereoscopic_3d/

I'd love to shake the hand of the hoaxer who thought to put in this much effort

I'm coming down on timeline fuckery by NHI as involved in all of this. Mandela effect situations. The Mussolini UFO was a hoax, until a correction was made and now it isn't. Bob Lazar was full of poo poo back when he made his claims but now it's all true. The MH370 video was a clever fake in 2014 but reality has been updated so that it is real.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Just found out Rowan Atkinson is still alive in this my current reality. A real relief

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Marzzle posted:

Its cool when certain kinds of lovely tendencies in humans easily get weaponized to drown out discourse that occurs outside acceptable boundaries on acceptable subjects

It's happened here and as 2024 election cycles gear up its gonna get loving pathetic and unbearable on these forums, but yeah its worse on reddit because the reach is greater, so discourse containment runs year round rather than just seasonally like it does here