Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mordecai
May 18, 2003

Known throughout the world! Chop people's head off to the ground! Angry eyes that frighten people! Dragon among humans, king of dragons... Manchurian Derp Deity, Ha Che'er.
As someone planning to read whole volumes, I support ONE's Kaufman Period.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Raws up: https://tonarinoyj.jp/episode/14079602755080540915

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009
Surprised this hadn't been posted yet!

English Translation: https://cubari.moe/read/imgur/SCkZaDM/1/1/

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I have never known where you all are getting the cubari.moe.links from and they get translated while I'm at work so I can't help anyway

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

sigh

would.

the translators notes at the end are amazing lmao

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Aug 10, 2023

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
He's got a thing for monster girls and can any of us fault that? If you can then this might not be the comic for you.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
Uhh how did she survive?

Also that village Child Emperor is working on has some major DBZ capsule building vibes.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Donkringel posted:

Uhh how did she survive?

Also that village Child Emperor is working on has some major DBZ capsule building vibes.

saitama punched garou so hard that it caused ripples in the space-time continuum

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Donkringel posted:

Uhh how did she survive?

Murata wanted to draw a cute monster girl in this scene

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009
I really loved this chapter. I think it sets up 'Wild' Emperor going on a Blast-like solo quest to discover God's ultimate plan. I now have no doubt that we'll be treated to a classic ONE-style briefing scene with 'Isamu' explaining all of God's lore to the audience at a meeting!

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

RareAcumen posted:

I have never known where you all are getting the cubari.moe.links from and they get translated while I'm at work so I can't help anyway

reddit, they're translated by /r/onepunchman I think

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

MorningMoon posted:

sigh

would.

Yeah.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Donkringel posted:

Uhh how did she survive?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Donkringel posted:

Uhh how did she survive?

Mosquitos are very hard to kill, alright? It was established earlier with Saitama failing to do that.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Mosquito Girl is cute and seems to have chilled out, thus her survival is 100% justified. :colbert:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Donkringel posted:

Uhh how did she survive?

What fascinating detail work.

And here I was thinking that since we're talking to Dr. Genus; man who has cloned himself about 80 times, I thought the answer was simply cloning.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

RareAcumen posted:

And here I was thinking that since we're talking to Dr. Genus; man who has cloned himself about 80 times, I thought the answer was simply cloning.

Yep, she got the team rocket treatment and I never noticed it, so... its allowable for her survival.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

RareAcumen posted:

:same: especially since he's apparently doing just that for individual parts of her, lest she get hangry too fast:

https://i.imgur.com/Tdad2WF.png

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Takes No Damage posted:

:same: especially since he's apparently doing just that for individual parts of her, lest she get hangry too fast:

https://i.imgur.com/Tdad2WF.png

I mean it helps establish that the big splat was just the blood sac and the rest of her survived

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Oh man, those translation notes explaining the joke were :discourse:, especially since like most of us, Child Emperor had been unaware of the joke in front of his face this entire time.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Ngl, Wild Emperor is a pretty legit hero name. Feel like Wild Emperor should have punched a bolder into dust or some poo poo to shut them up though, since it’s a thing that he’s like five times as strong as a normal person.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

The Child/Wild Emperor joke fell flat for me. I'm not sure why a child would care about their hero name being a pun for being a virgin.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
because his classmates (which he apparently doesn't have) made fun of him

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Jerusalem posted:

Oh man, those translation notes explaining the joke were :discourse:, especially since like most of us, Child Emperor had been unaware of the joke in front of his face this entire time.

The bonus joke with Wild Hero is also just so good.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Is that even a joke? Feel like he picked the name "non-virgin" on purpose.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

No Wave posted:

Is that even a joke? Feel like he picked the name "non-virgin" on purpose.

It's definitely part of the joke, yeah.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
It is a joke to us, the audience, not a joke being made by the character. He is acting earnestly, and that is part of the joke for us, the audience.

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009
Personally, I don't think 'Wild' Emperor was actually upset about his previous hero name. I think this whole new persona is a cover while he continues his investigation into the Neo Heroes and what's really going on behind the scenes

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i think you are giving him too much credit. he's building stuff and advertising for neo heroes, not investigating them.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Bucswabe posted:

Personally, I don't think 'Wild' Emperor was actually upset about his previous hero name. I think this whole new persona is a cover while he continues his investigation into the Neo Heroes and what's really going on behind the scenes

it can be both

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i think you are giving him too much credit. he's building stuff and advertising for neo heroes, not investigating them.

This might be giving him too little credit. We know he's deep into investigating the rot at the core of the Hero Association, and as the audience we now see clear connections of that corruption to the Neo Heroes.

So, we either believe that he's going through a childish tantrum in becoming a new puppet for the Neo Heroes, or we can believe that he knows more than we do about what's really going on, especially now that Zombie Man (presumably) told him about Blast's 20 year mission, and how nobody can be trusted.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

rouge means red in french
This is meta but the translators have likely read the original series and wouldn't have made a point about the cram school inconsistency if it was intended.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Well I'll be! If you hadn't circled it I would have thought it was a blood splatter.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Donkringel posted:

Well I'll be! If you hadn't circled it I would have thought it was a blood splatter.

To be retroactively clear, I got that from Reddit since lots were talking there too. I certainly don't have the patience to get all three sources on one picture

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
There was also that independent picture Murata drew of her like yeeeaaars back of her having cooking prosthetics.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

skaianDestiny posted:

There was also that independent picture Murata drew of her like yeeeaaars back of her having cooking prosthetics.

I didn't check the date on that tweet, was wondering why there was such a discrepancy between that and the relative intact-ness she's depicted with here. I guess that was just a funny what-if thing and eventually he was like 'yeah, what if? Also monster TnA'.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Takes No Damage posted:

I didn't check the date on that tweet, was wondering why there was such a discrepancy between that and the relative intact-ness she's depicted with here. I guess that was just a funny what-if thing and eventually he was like 'yeah, what if? Also monster TnA'.

Her arms and legs in this chapter are still very clearly prosthetics. Just sci-fi "advanced robotic limbs" prosthetics, instead of the relatively realistic prosthetics in the Twitter drawing. I guess the takoyaki business is booming. :v:

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Lt. Lizard posted:

Her arms and legs in this chapter are still very clearly prosthetics. Just sci-fi "advanced robotic limbs" prosthetics, instead of the relatively realistic prosthetics in the Twitter drawing. I guess the takoyaki business is booming. :v:

Having a hot Fly Girl out front drives a lot of foot traffic. In Living Color knew it:

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Lt. Lizard posted:

I actually didn't notice that, so went back to check, and sure enough. I guess I just read them as 'insect carapace' before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Given Child Emperor's strong moral convictions, I've always been a bit confused by how he threw in with Bofoi for so long. Obviously he's an important source of information, and an extremely capable fellow scientist/engineer, but he's clearly a bad actor and untrustworthy. Even if CE just now found out about his involvement in the Hero Association's corruption, Bofoi was still borderline villainous with how negligently and selfishly he handled past threats that required the involvement of multiple S class heroes.