Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

njsykora posted:

I'm still playing Assassin's Creed Bloodlines and it's good. The PSP Gran Turismo also remains a really good thing to pull out for a quick race when you have 5 minutes. A decent chunk of the library has PS2 ports but they're iffy in places (Ratchet and Clank Size Matters is apparently a buggy mess on PS2) and there's other remasters done. Like Loco Roco Remastered on PS5 looks real nice, as does Ridge Racer 2. The port of Test Drive Unlimited also needs to be seen to be believed.

Wow, thanks for the heads up. I had no idea TDU released on PSP. RP3+ should be able to run it I recon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

It's most impressive on an actual PSP (not necessarily a great port but a drat impressive technical achievement when you consider how much of it remained) but still great if you want that handheld TDU action. The port of Midnight Club Los Angeles (LA Remix) is also arguably better than the big console versions as it adds a whole second storyline in Tokyo as well as the LA stuff.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
There's a few other utterly "how" ports like Force Unleashed, Outrun 2006 (even had transfarring with the PS2 release before kojima coined the phrase), MK Unchained, Tekken 6, THUG2, The Warriors, etc

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

kirbysuperstar posted:

There's a few other utterly "how" ports like Force Unleashed, Outrun 2006 (even had transfarring with the PS2 release before kojima coined the phrase), MK Unchained, Tekken 6, THUG2, The Warriors, etc
Assuming this isn't a typo from context, but I have no idea what it means.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I forgot that in typical Kojima fashion he commissioned a logo and everything

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
It was save sync between the PS3 and Vita versions of MGS2/3 yeah. I think there was an option for Peace Walker also but it's been a while

neosloth
Sep 5, 2013

Professional Procrastinator
The force unleashed wii/psp port straight up had more features than the ps3 version, it’s really bizarre and cool

neosloth
Sep 5, 2013

I really miss the console era of every device having its own version of the game. Would much rather have that than the 10fps switch ports we get now

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop

flavor.flv posted:

3:2 is perfect because if you are particular about aspect ratios you get the slimmest overall black bars and if you're normal it doesn't stretch the images out very much

This is a plus for the rg351p, I'm always surprised at how little real estate is wasted on black bars

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
My Miyoo Mini Plus is supposed to be delivered today. Temu seems very shady, but it appears I'm actually going to get my $35 handheld and I didn't get my bank account hacked or anything so that's a plus.

Has anyone gotten shipping notifications for their Retroid Pocket 2S yet? I know they said they were going to ship a couple colors first but I assumed I would have seen someone posting shipment notifications or videos of one in the wild if they started on the 10th.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
People have gotten theirs shipped but only black and 16-bit. My fellow indigo homies are suffering with only 4-6 devices when it should be 5-7.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Substandard posted:

My Miyoo Mini Plus is supposed to be delivered today. Temu seems very shady, but it appears I'm actually going to get my $35 handheld and I didn't get my bank account hacked or anything so that's a plus.

Has anyone gotten shipping notifications for their Retroid Pocket 2S yet? I know they said they were going to ship a couple colors first but I assumed I would have seen someone posting shipment notifications or videos of one in the wild if they started on the 10th.

Yeah my 16bit should theoretically be here tomorrow according to DHL

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

It's here! Time to go on the shelf

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
drat now I want one

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?
Is anyone doing custom shelving for these? Untapped market, I have to think.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS posted:

Is anyone doing custom shelving for these? Untapped market, I have to think.

There's a healthy custom dock racket on thingiverse.com

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Tiny Timbs posted:

It's here! Time to go on the shelf

1. Wanna let me know how games like WindWaker run on it when you set it up? I’m curious if I’ll finally play it for the first time (been waiting on a remaster for like 6 years, what the heck Nintendo.)

2. How are the new sticks and triggers?

3. How’s the boot time?

4. How you doin today? Pretty good?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
How’re the dpad and buttons?

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I’m 99.99% they’re the exact same as the 3+ which are my favorite controls I’ve used on one of these.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Rolo posted:

1. Wanna let me know how games like WindWaker run on it when you set it up? I’m curious if I’ll finally play it for the first time (been waiting on a remaster for like 6 years, what the heck Nintendo.)

They remastered it like 8 years ago.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
No one owned a Wii U

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

But it plays awesome on SteamDeck

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

This is true the Steam Deck is a great Wii U.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Rolo posted:

2. How are the new sticks and triggers?

3. How’s the boot time?

4. How you doin today? Pretty good?

1. I'll check it out. It did get a remaster on the Wii U, though, and if you have a Steam Deck that version should play fine.
2. They feel great. Super high quality. Nice firm motion on the triggers. Dpad is nice and clicky. Buttons are ok but not amazing.
3. About 22 seconds from off to lock screen
4. I'm good, thank you for asking!

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Last one I forgot to ask: I’m stoked to play a lot of N64 on it, does the left stick placement feel comfortable for stuff like Mario 64?

And thanks for humoring me so far!

MonkeyforaHead
Apr 7, 2006

God, you vindictive bitch, why can't I ever have any "me" time

Anyone have a 405/505 who's tried getting specifically the PS2 Burnout games working on it? I've only been able to find a couple examples on YouTube that looked like they were running at maybe 75% speed, but there were no benchmarks visible and I don't know if they were playing the PAL version or bothered to enable frameskip or anything.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Even with all the hacks on a RP3+ Burnout 3 doesn't run well, it's just too demanding a game for any of these things to run right now.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Burnout Dominator for the PSP is probably your best bet at the moment

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Rolo posted:

Last one I forgot to ask: I’m stoked to play a lot of N64 on it, does the left stick placement feel comfortable for stuff like Mario 64?

And thanks for humoring me so far!

Kinda borderline tbh. My thumb has to go at almost a 90 degree angle to sit on the left stick while keeping my index finger on the shoulder. I think you'll need a grip to feel comfortable for long play sessions.

njsykora posted:

Even with all the hacks on a RP3+ Burnout 3 doesn't run well, it's just too demanding a game for any of these things to run right now.

Man all I want is to play THUG 2 on a handheld that isn't the size of a concrete block

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

hatty posted:

Burnout Dominator for the PSP is probably your best bet at the moment

This is the best idea yeah if you're after that style of Burnout. Dominator runs great.

neosloth
Sep 5, 2013

I think burnout legends is a better game and from what I understand it's essentially a burnout 3 port anyway

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Windwaker GCN seems to hang around 30FPS at 1x resolution with max CPU usage of 35% on the tutorial island so that seems pretty promising.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Thanks for checking on that! Sounds like it’s maybe pretty close to the T618 then..

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

I wish my new green friend would ship already.

MonkeyforaHead
Apr 7, 2006

God, you vindictive bitch, why can't I ever have any "me" time

It's still not ideal, but I can confirm that, having tried it, remapping Me & My Katamari's controls onto a dual analog setup mimicking the other games does at least make it playable, as compared to the experience on original hardware. Seriously, that game on PSP button controls was gaming's biggest crime against hands since the Jaguar controller.

Vegastar posted:

I wish my new green friend would ship already.

don't ship your friends.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

MonkeyforaHead posted:

don't ship your friends.

Why not? They deserve to find love, too.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Russ got his 2S this morning so there will be a video on it in the coming week.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

If anyone is like me and just super frustrated with button mapping on the miyoo mini plus or any other device similar I had to draw it out by hand on paper but here it is:
Mortal Kombat 1/2/3:
A-4
B--1
X-3
Y-2
I have block assigned as 6, the right shoulder and Run as 5, the left shoulder. You might like that a different way.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

ordered an analogue pocket the 4th, should be shipping the 20th, pretty excited for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
For android Retroid devices, does it matter if you format your ROM SD for android or just keep it as external storage? Trying to get my card set up early.