Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

...! posted:

Twitter?

X gonna give it to ya

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

redshirt posted:

X gonna give it to ya

:smith:

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.
He's thinking of Bebo

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
Orkut?

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

Kingo Ligma posted:

He's thinking of Bebo

No, that's called Tim Tebow

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Wasn’t Clubhouse supposed to be the next big thing until it fell off the face of the earth?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

is everyone doing a bit where they make up names of fake social medias?

...!
Oct 5, 2003

No

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

CubanMissile posted:

Wasn’t Clubhouse supposed to be the next big thing until it fell off the face of the earth?

Was that the weird audio only one that was hyped to poo poo

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Yeah, Clubhouse was one that had popped up during Covid. It was essentially a social app that was like a big conference call, the VCs decided it was worth billions, and then people remembered that conference calls suck.

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

cumpantry posted:

mad you cant wish death

Hey now, if Elon wants to drive his cybbrtruck across the Golden Gate Bridge or die trying I'm all for it.

DeeplyConcerned posted:

He looks like a giant mochi

Please don't ruin mochi for me like thi- aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh too late

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
Reaganbook would've made social media great again if it wasn't for those pesky goons and their dead gay forum

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
Circles..... existed

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

CubanMissile posted:

Yeah, Clubhouse was one that had popped up during Covid. It was essentially a social app that was like a big conference call, the VCs decided it was worth billions, and then people remembered that conference calls suck.

The most annoying people were convinced that millions of people were going to tune in to listen to conference calls lol

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
It was Club Penguin

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Propaganda Hour posted:

It was Club Penguin

I challenge elon to cardjitsu

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
FurAffinity?

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
Miiverse was actually the peak of Social Media

It's downhill from here on out I'm afraid

...!
Oct 5, 2003

maybealabia posted:

Circles..... existed

:wrong:

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

big black turnout posted:

The most annoying people were convinced that millions of people were going to tune in to listen to conference calls lol

But it was exclusive! It was only on iOS! And you had to be invited! But you could listen to Elon give a TED talk for five minutes!

And then I think Twitter took their idea and it wasn’t worth poo poo after that.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

SulfurMonoxideCute posted:

What was that one new social media that was hyped as the big new thing several years ago? I recall a ton of people signed up and then never used it, then it just disappeared. Not the Google one, it was after that.

https://www.livejournal.com/

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

CubanMissile posted:

But it was exclusive! It was only on iOS! And you had to be invited! But you could listen to Elon give a TED talk for five minutes!

And then I think Twitter took their idea and it wasn’t worth poo poo after that.

There was a trend of trying to do conference calls as social media. Twitter did "spaces" (does that feature still exist?) and there was Call-in which was geared toward doing like podcasts that were radio call-in shows where listeners could be allowed to join in but stuff was recorded and accessible later like podcast episodes. A bunch of politics twtter podcast people were using it for a bit and then it kinda quietly disappeared.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Spaces still exists and leon regularly uses it to blab with his chud pals. And also uses it to gently caress up ron desantis presidential run announcement lol

MunchE
Sep 7, 2000

Livejournal is still up believe it or not that's where George RR Martin posts

But around the late 2000s it became a place for Russian citizens to post freely about their dissatisfaction with the Russian govt so it got bought by an Oligarch so they could ban all of the anti Russia dissent

Seriously look it up

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

I remember being on that and Friendster.

Switzerland
Feb 18, 2005
Do what thou must do.
didn't orkut come back for a hot minute about 3 years ago?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

MunchE posted:

Livejournal is still up believe it or not that's where George RR Martin posts

But around the late 2000s it became a place for Russian citizens to post freely about their dissatisfaction with the Russian govt so it got bought by an Oligarch so they could ban all of the anti Russia dissent

Seriously look it up

I think when the people can't criticize the government it should be call a Tyranny

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

I think myspace where it peak, looking back it was pretty cool, or it's just me and my rose tinted glasses.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Bleusilences posted:

I think myspace where it peak, looking back it was pretty cool, or it's just me and my rose tinted glasses.

My best friend Tom agrees with you

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Bleusilences posted:

Has any other one given you such leeway in making your profile page a complete hellscape of customization and embeds? Because that simultaneously feels like the apex and nadir of social media sites.

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Oh yeah, you could make pretty kitsch pages there.

But I think it was the beauty of it.

kru
Oct 5, 2003

Post ITT best "social media company name that didn't exist or take off"

kru
Oct 5, 2003

Talkable

Switzerland
Feb 18, 2005
Do what thou must do.
Blue Book

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

kru posted:

Post ITT best "social media company name that didn't exist or take off"

ya hoser!

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

kru posted:

Talkable

Talker!

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

Boris Galerkin posted:

It’s like Reddit but worse because everyone on there has to sign up with a work email address so the user base is self selected for that and everyone seems to sign their posts with how much money they make. And they allegedly make more than me so gently caress them I wanna kick their asses too.

Boris Galerkin posted:

I finally got around to signing up for the “Blind” app and welp now I can participate in riveting discussions like the following:

I had no idea what you meant so I googled....

quote:

Blind is an app that provides an anonymous forum and community for verified employees to discuss issues.
You're not wrong...

:yikes:

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Cable Guy posted:

I had no idea what you meant so I googled....

You're not wrong...

:yikes:

Having a hobby that interests women is gross.
drat, what a keeper.

Offler
Mar 27, 2010

priznat posted:

Someone personsplain to her what “mansplaining” actually means

She'd probably still claim to like it. This is the woman who says she likes the patriarchy because of "the supply chain, food, uber, roads and civilization" after all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDwanp1KwuM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

The Awesomesaurus posted:

It’d be funny if it ended up not being the coliseum and just some random rear end stadium in, like, Milan.

milan sports fans are loving nuts, it would be a bloodbath

so, you know, i'm not opposed