Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
https://twitter.com/indycar/status/1675151638124965888
:stare:

e:
https://twitter.com/IndyCaronNBC/status/1675208906476224514
:stonk:

dsriggs fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Jul 1, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

It goes to show how sturdy those cars are.

I was totally expecting the camera to be destroyed.

Still :magical:

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

lundgaard being rewarded for having a kickass car color

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice
That was some Gilles Villeneuve stuff from Palou, finishing on the podium with a hosed up front wing.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Good race. Love being there even if it isn’t the best track.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Sashimi posted:

That was some Gilles Villeneuve stuff from Palou, finishing on the podium with a hosed up front wing.

Dude can drive, holy poo poo. His points lead is nuts.

Also the fact Dixon is in second with no wins is also a treatment to his ability as well.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

1st, 4th, 1st, 1st, 1st, 2nd.

That's the kind of record that would have Lewis Hamilton claiming his domination is ruining the sport.

I do also love that Big John has two 2nd places and zero (0) other top 10s.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Dudley posted:

That's the kind of record that would have Lewis Hamilton claiming his domination is ruining the sport.

He'd be right

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Dudley posted:

I do also love that Big John has two 2nd places and zero (0) other top 10s.

It’s very early Sato-esque.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Out of all the tracks why did they choose the iowa ring for a twofer?

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

probably for the concert series

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

Bip Roberts posted:

they should run it opposite direction today

[yes, yes I know access roads and stuff: it wouldn't be safe]

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I wonder how big of a fine Robb's crew is getting, that is inexcusable.

CodFishBalls
Jul 1, 2023

Bip Roberts posted:

Because Hy-Vee is willing to pay up for other and bring in the major concerts.

Please ignore Penske being very good here.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Shirt idea:
I'm just chillin'
The Corn King
JOSEF NEWGARDEN

CodFishBalls
Jul 1, 2023
This weekend, we should get more news about the changing 2024 schedule.

Major changes

-Laguna moved up to be between St.Pete and Texas, filling in the month gap we previously had.

-Nashville getting reconfigured, but still using the comedy bridge. Also, season finale.This will go splendid I'm sure

-Second Indy GP race dropped. Either going to be replaced with Milwaukee, or Milwaukee will come back in the old Nashville date (this weekend). Race CANNOT be during the state fair, so that limits it to later in August. (2024 State Fair is 1st to 11th it seems?)
-NASCAR related, yee haw, they're going back to the Brickyard 400 which totally won't be bad.

-International Race/Argentina, might be non-points post season (think 2008 Surfers Paradise), then a points race for 2025.

Would expect the dominoes to start falling once Nashville announces the flipping around.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
They should race at the Argentinian motogp track that as far as I can tell is fully in the middle of nowhere.

ScooterMcTiny
Apr 7, 2004

Was it the first COVID year where the season ended with Laguna Seca and Long Beach back to back? That was a lot of fun.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Bip Roberts posted:

They should race at the Argentinian motogp track that as far as I can tell is fully in the middle of nowhere.

I think that’s the rumors I saw before, that they’d use Rio Hondo for a race.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Getting the teams to spend money going abroad to where their sponsors aren't is risky. Does a Foyt or Coyne have that kind of spare.... coin.

CodFishBalls
Jul 1, 2023

Dudley posted:

Getting the teams to spend money going abroad to where their sponsors aren't is risky. Does a Foyt or Coyne have that kind of spare.... coin.

Supposedly the Argentinians are putting 8.5 million towards the race sanctioning fee. If you assume it gets split evenly and all 27 full time cars from this year show up, that's about 315,000 per car.

Is that enough to entice Coyne and Foyt to run a.non-points race? Dunno, I would hope so but can understand if not.

The question then becomes, can that 8.5m stay consistent if it becomes a point paying race, and if it does, where does it fit in the schedule, considering that St. Pete contractually has the first race of the season and Nashville will likely have the last? Do you put it in the St. Pete to Texas gap and throw Laguna back with the Portland swing?

https://espndeportes.espn.com/deporte-motor/nota/_/id/12357752/indycar-agustin-canapino-argentina-termas-rio-hondo-santiago-del-estero-2024

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Yeah, that'll do it. At least for a non-points race you could probably run a local too. For a points race that's harder.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

CodFishBalls posted:

This weekend, we should get more news about the changing 2024 schedule.

Major changes

-Laguna moved up to be between St.Pete and Texas, filling in the month gap we previously had.

-Nashville getting reconfigured, but still using the comedy bridge. Also, season finale.This will go splendid I'm sure

-Second Indy GP race dropped. Either going to be replaced with Milwaukee, or Milwaukee will come back in the old Nashville date (this weekend). Race CANNOT be during the state fair, so that limits it to later in August. (2024 State Fair is 1st to 11th it seems?)
-NASCAR related, yee haw, they're going back to the Brickyard 400 which totally won't be bad.

-International Race/Argentina, might be non-points post season (think 2008 Surfers Paradise), then a points race for 2025.

Would expect the dominoes to start falling once Nashville announces the flipping around.

As it stands right now, NASCAR has a truck date for the last weekend in August in Milwaukee, so I can see them splitting that. Would also spread it from RA enough.

Also right now that weekend is the Gateway race, so who knows what will happen.

CodFishBalls
Jul 1, 2023
Pagenaud ruled out for Nashville, Linus Lindqvsit, the man denied a IndyCar seat/funding is in.

As someone said on a discord I'm on, "I feel like this is a Kurt Busch situation for Pags", which isn't the best situation for him.

ScooterMcTiny
Apr 7, 2004

I dunno what it is but I really like this Nashville race every year.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Keep the 'stache Grossjeans.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Safe race so far, only incident was when... the back fell off?

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

Bip Roberts posted:

Safe race so far, only incident was when... the back fell off?

whelp...

still tho I really enjoy Indy on streets

ScooterMcTiny
Apr 7, 2004

Same here. This has been a pretty fun race.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Linus Lindqvist is gonna be someone to watch, holy poo poo.

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

That was a great last few laps

Theris
Oct 9, 2007

Death, taxes, Scott Dixon making you ask "how the gently caress did he end up in front" and winning.

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice
Feel gutted for Rahal, especially listening to his post-race interview where he said one lockup in qualifying messed up the team's tire strategy which would have made it a very different finish. On the other hand, Dixon had one of the drives of the season.

bennyfactor
Nov 21, 2008
Was a fun race to watch in person. Got to see the Garage 56 Le Mans car on display too. Also an extremely drunk guy fell down the stairs of the pedestrian bridge over Hullman blvd on his way to the Nascar event tonight, 10/10 no notes.

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH
So what is the deal with Palou now? He is staying with Chip?

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

he's on a mission to piss off as many teams and companies as he possibly can and i'm here for it

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Otmar reading Zak Brown whining about “We invested in this driver, how dare he betray us” and sipping a glass of wine.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

bennyfactor posted:

Was a fun race to watch in person. Got to see the Garage 56 Le Mans car on display too. Also an extremely drunk guy fell down the stairs of the pedestrian bridge over Hullman blvd on his way to the Nascar event tonight, 10/10 no notes.

Either they've done up some showcars or they've been moving the 2 real Garage 56 cars around a lot, both were at Goodwood last month.

CodFishBalls
Jul 1, 2023

Tyree posted:

So what is the deal with Palou now? He is staying with Chip?

The chatter is Palou wanted to go to McLaren because hey, Daniel Ric was bad and should be an open seat for 2024!

Then the Oscar saga happened and now there's 0 chance of a McLaren f1 seat unless Merc snags Lando because Lewis is retiring.

Meanwhile, McLaren Indy has hired ferrari to be their pit crew, while Palou is on auto pilot to win the championship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
I think Brown and MiM share some (most) of the blame.