Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021

I feel like this is at least the third time Fishman has made this 'joke' using different predators/prey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Mother of God, they actually made a joke. An actual, serviceable joke.
I need a moment.

Skios posted:

I feel like this is at least the third time Fishman has made this 'joke' using different predators/prey.

To be fair, that format is one of Mallard Filmore's regulars. Tinsley was using it for years before Fishman took the reins.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
It should be underpants not underwere. So it fits with the cadence

Adenoid Dan
Mar 8, 2012

The Hobo Serenader
Lipstick Apathy

God forbid we remember there are actual people living there.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

HootTheOwl posted:

It should be underpants not underwere. So it fits with the cadence

"Underpants" also fits 'those' are gone, as well. If it's 'underwear', it should be 'that's gone, too'.

I mean it's still in the top 1% of Prickly City strips, but...

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
How much did GWB spend in Afghanistan Varvel?

If this is about the recent 'gender neutral toilets' rehash then he's just saying men are wild animals who attack women by nature, which is a pretty bad look for a Fishman.

Oh course they're all two weeks out of date so who knows.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Guavanaut posted:

If this is about the recent 'gender neutral toilets' rehash then he's just saying men are wild animals who attack women by nature, which is a pretty bad look for a Fishman.

Usually the Dangerous Predator Animal is code for "Non-white", at least in TinFish continuity.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Is this about gender because if so I don't see any way to read it that isn't "all men are violent and dangerous predators".

I feel like Fishman doesn't think these metaphors through

E: lmao beaten by like everyone, my bad

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
"some people are just naturally violent" is a go to "joke". he doesn't mean to say that every member of [minority group] is violent and dangerous, just that some members are. which is true *shrug* some humans are violent.
BUT he also wants to say that teaching "tolerance", the idea that [minority group] is not automatically violent, is teaching children to automatically trust every member of [minority group].
IE: by saying "not all muslims" we're teaching children that all muslims, without exception, are good people. and thus leading them into the jaws of the bad people
he says this because he's an incurious idiot and malicious bigot who's never bothered to read even a synopsis of any opposition and dismisses all critics as "haters"
so the comics always just appear to be saying "[minority group] is inherently violent"
either way he's a loving shithead bigot and has been for the decades he's been doing these

did we ever heard the official story? i'm assuming fishman here is some sort of comic strip buddy system thing to keep tinsley in papers? there are way too many repeated themes and comics to not be tinsley writing these. it's TOO tinsley to not be tinsley. fishman just edits out the personal gripes and the less thinly veiled dead body stuff

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Skios posted:

You'd have to use scientific notation to compactly describe the number of times he's used this racist "joke".

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Kellies nomination: Least concealed bigotry (LGBT)

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
You wanted it! You asked for it! You actually did neither of those things, but here it is anyway!

Confirmed: it's not a time loop, this is a new baby to replace the one they lost when the previous year got old and died. The baby will clearly be better off with rednecks and will not become trans later in life. Happy end! Wait, didn't the original surrogate want this kid back? Don't worry about her. Tats certainly won't! (Until he suddenly gets reminded of it a year and a half from now and writes a one-off strip about that character, who nobody will remember at that point.)

Uhh... Just to be clear, Mr. Secret Service Man, we all think this guy is a loving idiot.

And here we have one of the classic lies about LGBTQ people: their very existence is always about sex. If you mention you're gay, that's a sex thing, even though mentioning you're straight never is. If you want to explain to children what being trans is, that's about sex, not identity. I'm sure Ishida has done this one before, but here it is in its platonic form.

Ishida has been including more generically right-wing content as his trip down the TERF-to-fascist pipeline proceeds, and here we have a good example of that. How many right-wing talking points can be crammed into a single strip? Let's find out!

Eat poo poo, Ishida.

Sorry, sorry, sometimes it's difficult to just write a comment. Anyway, the strips start being titled "Barbarians" at this point, so... you know, look forward to that.

Just a reminder: the Illuminati conspiracy theory is always about the Jews.

Good lord, is some kind of plot happening here? Anyway, the kid likes angels but Satan would prefer you think angels suck, and maybe a comment about the school system? Let's see where he goes with this. (Where he goes is that he forgets about it a couple of days from now and starts spraying Q poo poo everywhere like a diarrhea firehose.)

Bumper crop of parody work this week:

Wholesomefest

Pettyfest

Hm. The Pettyfesters remember which character is which better than Tatsuya does.

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
When did wholesomefest become a thing? It’s… we’ll it’s frankly nice but I feel really weird knowing the art and impetus comes from tats’ hateful deteriorating mind

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
"skin grafts are an aberrant technique invented by and for perverts" has to be one of his stupidest and most insulting obsessions on multiple levels.

Hope the doctors can ungraft your head from your rear end in a top hat Tats.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
I like how we genuinely can't tell that Tats drew the arms that way (with the doctors apparently also having removed the ulna or radius) because he's lazy, because he's completely psychotic about the medical aspects of transition, or both! It's probably both though.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

M.c.P posted:

When did wholesomefest become a thing? It’s… we’ll it’s frankly nice but I feel really weird knowing the art and impetus comes from tats’ hateful deteriorating mind

At least a year and a half ago. It's just another coping mechanism, of course.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Guavanaut posted:

"skin grafts are an aberrant technique invented by and for perverts" has to be one of his stupidest and most insulting obsessions on multiple levels.

It's so lovely oh my god

Not just to trans men, to anyone who needed skin grafts for any reason.

So does this kid want to be an angel, or feel like he's one inside even though he has a devil's body, or what

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Go so to hell, Stantis or Allie or whoever drew this.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Nah, when you get a phalloplasty they just hack off your arm and graft it to your crotch. The sex is awkward but your bulge is huge.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
I believe that's called a hand job.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Knight:

Anthony Albanese has proposed a public holiday if the Matildas win the World Cup. Bob Hawke famously said when Australia won the America's Cup in 1983 that "any boss who sacks anyone for not turning up today is a bum".

Lethbridge:

Rowe:

Leader of the Nationals David Littleproud. As part of their FUD against the Voice their Coalition partner Peter Dutton has been arguing that he will legislate a Voice alternative so there is no need to put it in the Constitution but Littleproud has said the Nationals won't support that either. Also he's against the idea of a public holiday if the Matildas win the cup.

Badiucao:

Broelman:

Leak, Son of Leak:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Guavanaut posted:

What's really funny is that many of the recent advancements in plastic surgery probably had something to do with a lot of troops getting their dicks blown off by IEDs in Iraq and Afghanistan.

fluffyDeathbringer
Nov 1, 2017

it's not what you've got, it's what you make of it

Microplastics posted:

I believe that's called a hand job.

:golfclap:

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Guavanaut posted:

Bigots turning against medical technology because it can be used to help the people they hate would be funny if it weren't so terrifying.

Eventually one of those nutjobs could end up in a position of power and just ban skin grafts entirely because hurting trans people is more important than helping anyone else.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

Clay Bennett

Lisa Benson

Jeff Stahler

Matt Davies

Drew Sheneman

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

VitalSigns posted:

It's so lovely oh my god

Not just to trans men, to anyone who needed skin grafts for any reason.

So does this kid want to be an angel, or feel like he's one inside even though he has a devil's body, or what

He's half angel.

No, seriously. His mom is an angel, his dad is the devil.

King Carnivore
Dec 17, 2007

Graveyard Disciple

idonotlikepeas posted:

David M. Hitch

Wait is Hitch both-sidesing this? Tattoos are Hitch shorthand for this is a bad hombre!

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Bigots turning against medical technology because it can be used to help the people they hate would be funny if it weren't so terrifying.

Eventually one of those nutjobs could end up in a position of power and just ban skin grafts entirely because hurting trans people is more important than helping anyone else.
That's already the case with puberty blockers, there's idiots who want cis kids going through precocious puberty at 9 with all it's attendant health problems just because treating it might help a trans child.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: Dragnet Ain't the Same

Quote same as in cartoon.

First Dog on the Moon: Australia is having a lot of feelings! Welcome to First Dog on the Moon's expert guide to the World Cup

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
A.F. Branco

Al Goodwyn

Andy Marlette

Bob Gorrell

Gary Markstein

Michael Ramirez

Mike Luckovich

Steve Benson

Steve Breen

Steve Kelley

Tom Stiglich

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Thank you Mike Luckovich for succinctly answering my questions regarding the accusations. It can get confusing.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
You just know back then Stiglich would have been drawing JFK on the phone to the Pope saying "I love communism"

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Trapezium Dave posted:

Rall: Dragnet Ain't the Same

Quote same as in cartoon.

The artist has no idea how private messaging works.

quote:

First Dog on the Moon: Australia is having a lot of feelings! Welcome to First Dog on the Moon's expert guide to the World Cup

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIajBbbtgbs

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Technowolf posted:

The artist has no idea how private messaging works.

Or how the FBI works.

Or how perspective, anatomy, color...

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
"I joined the FBI to find evidence of crimes, but now they're having me look at digital correspondence? This is somehow surprising and unprecedented."

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

Stultus Maximus posted:

Or how the FBI works.

Or how perspective, anatomy, color...

It's been said before, but it must be nice to have a career despite being singularly bad at literally every aspect of your career.

VKing
Apr 22, 2008

Kellies Nomination: Most opposite of reality.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Yknow folks keep using this metaphor but I bet the guy playing a game of checkers would win a lot of the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
yeah if there's one person getting a ton of subpoenas lately it sure is hillary.