Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
That is an object, not a human being

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Midnight Voyager posted:

Isn't even Transformer trans? Like, in general, they trans their everything. They're cars. They're people. And if they ever indicate gender at all, they picked it themselves.

really living the dream

Yes. They're born as essentially blank slates, barring the massive super Transformers. They pick everything about themselves physically as they "grow", unless they were machines that were turned into Transformers (by giving said machines a spark, or soul).

A few shows went into this, showing what a newly born Transformer looks like before developing their own "adult" appearance.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

Schubalts posted:

Yes. They're born as essentially blank slates, barring the massive super Transformers. They pick everything about themselves physically as they "grow", unless they were machines that were turned into Transformers (by giving said machines a spark, or soul).

A few shows went into this, showing what a newly born Transformer looks like before developing their own "adult" appearance.

Trap sprung

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

...! posted:

That is an object, not a human being

There’s a surgery for that now too

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Arivia posted:

There’s a surgery for that now too

I have seen no such thing

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
When I was a child I watched Transformers cartoons. I owned Transformers toys. As an adult I have seen multiple live action Transformers movies. Do I remember any of it? No.

My only ACTUAL Transformers memory? Chugging a 16oz bottle of Robotussin in 2001 and watching the 1986 animated film with a surprisingly stacked cast. It took about 7 hours:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Transformers:_The_Movie

The More You Know

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Schubalts posted:

Like with everything Transformers this varies quite a bit over incarnations, and often has multiple things going on. And the implications of sentient beings who are also various forms of machinery, vehicles and hardware are also explored, often with the Autobots and Decepticons starting as factions of a rebellion against slavery.

Often they are quite surprised to hear how organic life reproduces.

Firstscion
Apr 11, 2008

Born Lucky

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Oh hey it's the woman who twitterstalked and told someone who rented out her spare rooms to kill themself!

The what now?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

RareAcumen posted:

These are old but I'm just desperate to provide something different from this 'trans+word' riff that's going around right now

https://twitter.com/GamerTakes/status/1662723868945965056

https://twitter.com/GamerTakes/status/1438769816953925635

What’s funny about that take is spider man 2 doesn’t release for two more months so at the time it would have been 5 months out

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c

Firstscion posted:

The what now?

Sone people really want to endlessly relitagate ancient twitter drama.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Firstscion posted:

The what now?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
If you're gonna say poo poo like that, please bring proof.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/tredlocity/status/1690557378280984576

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Desert Bus posted:

I bet more Goons are transgender than are transformers. I'm like 50% of the way to the former and 0% of the way to the latter. It is what it is.
I've never turned into a car, but I have turned into a driveway. :haw:

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Philippe posted:

If you're gonna say poo poo like that, please bring proof.

I can't bring proof because web search sucks for everything now, I'm not on twitter and I'm not the kind of psycho who keeps spreadsheets of my posting enemies, but I remember what VVG is talking about. Not down to the exact detail, but in general terms.

Basically, there was this absolute no name trans woman on Twitter, like two or three digit follower count. She lived in Iceland with some friends, and they had their living situation set up in, as she described it, as close to cooperatively owned housing as Icelandic law would allow. For whatever reason, this meant that she was technically the owner and the others were technically tenants. And one day she tweeted about how she'd had to throw out one of her housemate's guests from a party the previous night because they were getting pushy and handsy.

That should have been seen by basically nobody and caused no drama because it's completely innocuous, but Alice found out about it somehow and decided to go ahead and quote tweet it for her relatively huge and very stupid following, with some comment along the lines of "All landlords get the rope" attached.

So that got the poor woman dogpiled, then that dogpile blew up and Alice got shouted at and subtweeted some people and locked down her twitter, and the Well There's Your Problem podcast, which she's a part of, vaguetweeted in support of her, and the rest of the insanely broke brained twitter drama cycle happened, but as dumb as the roiling masses of Twitter mobs always are the inciting incident was still a really hosed up thing for Alice to do.

This must have been in early to mid 2019, because Well That's Your Problem started in 2019 and it must have been before the pandemic.

Dabir has a new favorite as of 07:42 on Aug 13, 2023

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
Alice is the kind of twitter person who would be a low rung CSPAM poster if she posted on SA.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
https://twitter.com/grandoldmemes/status/1689966706796437504?t=_dnRRPV77eL8CA8pz3WeyA&s=19

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
I wonder what would have happened if Kathy Griffin had drawn iron on the Secret Service.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

So... The FBI were acting like heroes by striking when the time was right, i.e. the person was a genuine threat?

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

I'm pretty sure the two named female characters in that movie talk exclusively about their father and one woman's boyfriend, but sure, flying colors. The most I remember about it was how green alien lady looked completely disgusted every time protagonist dude was around, but that was apparently a sign of true love.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

I unfollowed Alice because of her endless Twitter slap fights where you had to click through like 60 quote tweets to even see what the argument was about.

This one wasn't bad, but one time she went on a long tirade about the McElroy brothers without really going into whatever her grievance was with them. It's not like they're hard to ignore if you're not part of the Tumblr crowd.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Cloacamazing! posted:

I'm pretty sure the two named female characters in that movie talk exclusively about their father and one woman's boyfriend, but sure, flying colors. The most I remember about it was how green alien lady looked completely disgusted every time protagonist dude was around, but that was apparently a sign of true love.

For a moment there I thought you were talking about Alien and was really confused.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
its kind of a sad inditment of the mcu that guardians 1 is probably the apex of the entire thing from a filmmaking perspective

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
https://twitter.com/infrahaz/status/1690087616593395712?s=46

Ah yes, the class consciousness of…

*checks notes*

Lost Cause ideology, Qanon, and welfare queen rhetoric.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.

Dabir posted:

I can't bring proof because web search sucks for everything now, I'm not on twitter and I'm not the kind of psycho who keeps spreadsheets of my posting enemies, but I remember what VVG is talking about. Not down to the exact detail, but in general terms.

Basically, there was this absolute no name trans woman on Twitter, like two or three digit follower count. She lived in Iceland with some friends, and they had their living situation set up in, as she described it, as close to cooperatively owned housing as Icelandic law would allow. For whatever reason, this meant that she was technically the owner and the others were technically tenants. And one day she tweeted about how she'd had to throw out one of her housemate's guests from a party the previous night because they were getting pushy and handsy.

That should have been seen by basically nobody and caused no drama because it's completely innocuous, but Alice found out about it somehow and decided to go ahead and quote tweet it for her relatively huge and very stupid following, with some comment along the lines of "All landlords get the rope" attached.

So that got the poor woman dogpiled, then that dogpile blew up and Alice got shouted at and subtweeted some people and locked down her twitter, and the Well There's Your Problem podcast, which she's a part of, vaguetweeted in support of her, and the rest of the insanely broke brained twitter drama cycle happened, but as dumb as the roiling masses of Twitter mobs always are the inciting incident was still a really hosed up thing for Alice to do.

This must have been in early to mid 2019, because Well That's Your Problem started in 2019 and it must have been before the pandemic.

I remember a similar incident during the start of the pandemic. Alice was suggesting that British nurses should be excused from paying rent because they couldn't afford it after having to buy their own and their patient's PPE during the pandemic. And some middle class icelandic woman who sublets a room in her apartment said they should be happy to starve as long as it prevents middle class landlords like her from becoming poor. And Alice decided that that means we should kill all landlord adjacent people irregardless of other circumstances.
At least that is how Alice explained things on her podcast, I only read twitter through this thread.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Vincent van Goatse sent me these two things:

Roland Jones posted:

Hey, now, that's not fair. They also do stuff like tell people to kill themselves on Twitter for criticizing musicians they like, then use the official WTYP Twitter account to magnify the issue, rally fans behind them, and pretend that the issue is the person they're harassing is a landlord* instead of someone who thinks that defending transphobes is bad even if the person doing so is a musician that Alice likes.

Though the WTYP account claims it was DNE making those tweets; that contradicts what I remember them saying in past episodes about who runs that account, though. Also DNE doesn't seem like the kind of guy to spend at least seven hours making jokes about being cancelled and defending Alice's decision to imply other trans people should kill themselves, but maybe I'm wrong there.

I guess we'll find out when they spend five minutes talking about it at the start of the next episode.

*Person who rents out rooms in the house they also live in at half the going rate to cover costs and maintenance, has not charged rent at all since the COVID-19 crisis started, and has pushed to change the laws in their country that make it actually illegal for (unmarried) people to co-own the same individual house so that they can turn their house into a co-op.

https://twtext.com/article/1253511729587408896

I think it's firmly established that Alice is an idiot on social media with awful takes on things. Let's move on.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

TinTower posted:

https://twitter.com/infrahaz/status/1690087616593395712?s=46

Ah yes, the class consciousness of…

*checks notes*

Lost Cause ideology, Qanon, and welfare queen rhetoric.

its crazy that right wing dickheads can actually make country music that sounds good, i didnt think it was actually possible

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

its kind of a sad inditment of the mcu that guardians 1 is probably the apex of the entire thing from a filmmaking perspective

I tried watching the third one on a plane. My bullshit threshold drops significantly when I’m above large bodies of water for some reason. It was an unwatchable pile of dreck and I had to turn it off at about 20 minutes in. I watched the first one probably 10 times so far.

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

You're a pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty girl

mycot posted:

Alice is the kind of twitter person who would be a low rung CSPAM poster if she posted on SA.

I think i remember Liam shilling for Bread and Roses on their Q&A episode, so they're not Cspammers, but worse.

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020
Yes, far worse... People who accept money to read ad copy...

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

its crazy that right wing dickheads can actually make country music that sounds good, i didnt think it was actually possible

It's heartbreaking that he gets so close to getting it than veers off into hating who the GOP told him to hate.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

PYF Idiot Owners of Social Media

(Musk to Zuckerberg)

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Feels good knowing Musk is absolutely seething at being owned so hard by loving Zuck. Lmao.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

kazil posted:

PYF Idiot Owners of Social Media

(Musk to Zuckerberg)

Cannot believe there is a world where I can side with zuck about something, lol, lmao

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

Well now I wanted to know what was so wrong with G's Pancake House that he only ordered there once, and it lead me to this:

Mods, please change my name to 'The proper certifications that would make this the Largest Cheese Burger in the State of Tennessee'.

And yes, you bet your fuckin' rear end we're still calling it Freedom Toast down here, none of that gay French poo poo up in here! :911:

French Toast is called French Toast because it was invented by an American named Joseph French.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
I thought it was called that because you have to tongue kiss it before you eat it.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
We've asked you to please stop doing that Philippe

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
You can't make me, I have as much right to be in this Denny's as much as you are.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/Grimezsz/status/1690264237090963457

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Grimes is just the most credulous person alive. She's like if Art Bell was mainstream famous.