Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

I would care a lot more about gear in this game
if the most powerful item wasn’t a backpack filled with explosives and the fire bolt cantrip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
"go ahead stick more worms in your brain, its cool" lady are you loving kidding me?

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

I like that the narrator lady is the same actress who voiced wenduag and nyrissa in the pathfinder games

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i dont know wendaug, im asking you!!!!

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Al! posted:

"go ahead stick more worms in your brain, its cool" lady are you loving kidding me?

No I'm sticking them in my brain and it is cool. Do it

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

wenduag would probably be down for the brain worms

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

the best part about having brainworms is that you get a lot of cool powers with absolutely no consequences

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
since i'm playing lolth sworn drow, my goal is 100% to either usurp the power of the absolute for myself or destroy it

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

winners don't brain worms

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

so when are we meeting, dog?
that depends, do you know wendaug?
no i dont know when, dog, thats why im asking!
well, you should really know wendaug.
i dont know when, dog, do you?
yeah i know wendaug
well then tell me about when, dog!!!
what do you want to know about wendaug?
yes!
yes, what?
yes, i want to know when, dog!!!!

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

woah kind of blacked out

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

Al! posted:

i let the goblins attack and took out all their sappers and most of their fighters in the first turn, so they just got owned after that

I let the goblins attack and had Karlach frenzy throw enemies that made it up to the ridge back down into the inferno of exploding barrels and burning terrain below. Very satisfying, would do again.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

I'm convinced, I'm gonna worm.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Smokepowder barrels r gods own weapona

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Fuligin posted:

Smokepowder barrels r gods own weapona

i almost poo poo myself when i found the stash in the goblin fortress there's like, a half dozen, i could only take 2, but i think i'm going to shuffle them all to my camp and stash them, that works right?

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

smarxist posted:

i almost poo poo myself when i found the stash in the goblin fortress there's like, a half dozen, i could only take 2, but i think i'm going to shuffle them all to my camp and stash them, that works right?
that's how you're supposed to larian yeah

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Best Friends posted:

I just looked up the bg3 tech specs and Jesus. Is this game at all playable on an older machine?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=POEkUnHmIfA

You can run BG3 on an iGPU. If you computer is at all a step above an office machine you should be fine.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Best Friends posted:

I just looked up the bg3 tech specs and Jesus. Is this game at all playable on an older machine?

it has run fine on my old rig (Ryzen 7, 1080TI, 24 gigs of RAM). i hear the last half of the game is less-than-optimized, but so far its butter

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Poor Hive Knight, faced me when I was in hulk mode and I just absolutely shithoused him. The shade cloak really changes everything up, feels like rushing it somehow is how you make the rest of the game a lot easier

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Al! posted:

how do you get the red guy alone?

put a line of barrels and blow everybody else up in one shot. boom: your alone

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Buck Wildman posted:

I told the drow lady I'd help her and then shot a bridge out from under her as she crossed it to walk away rippo

minthara is a romance option and as dark one you get to immediately snap her neck afterward lmfao

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

It was incredibly funny when I was like "why is this ogre throwing barrels instead of boulders uo at the wall defenders" and oh poo poo they had goblins in them. So Karlach was throwing goblins down as fast as they were getting thrown up until one of them got a lucky shove off on the refugee leader and I had to bust out a scroll of featherfall so my frontline could leap down and cover him.

Game is loving incredible.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

finally level 5...

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

I just killed all the goblins tbh.

It was a lot of work, but I needed the XP.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I REFUSE to believe a single soul has done that final stretch without hiveblood or some kind of regeneration

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
taking the mace in the creche without the crest is sick as hell

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

SirSamVimes posted:

It was incredibly funny when I was like "why is this ogre throwing barrels instead of boulders uo at the wall defenders" and oh poo poo they had goblins in them. So Karlach was throwing goblins down as fast as they were getting thrown up until one of them got a lucky shove off on the refugee leader and I had to bust out a scroll of featherfall so my frontline could leap down and cover him.

Game is loving incredible.

you can see a some buildings from a ledge in the underdark so i slapped featherfall on astarion and threw him over but it was just an instant kill crevasse with a pretty backdrop lol

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Lostconfused posted:

I just killed all the goblins tbh.

It was a lot of work, but I needed the XP.

Hadn't considered this properly when trying to trick my way through the goblins.

:thunk:

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

The game is setup so that you don't have to murder all the goblins, you can just sneak around and hit a few of them on the head very hard in a couple of strategic spots.

You really need to go out of the way to do the genocide.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Lostconfused posted:

The game is setup so that you don't have to murder all the goblins, you can just sneak around and hit a few of them on the head very hard in a couple of strategic spots.

if i don't return to the goblin fortress after whacking the leaders, i can leave most of them alive, but they're all aggro now, i think i killed maybe ten? only on the interior, it was too messy for my tastes but the least bad way to get what i wanted that wasn't serving the refugees up (for some reason). i honestly prefer to play these games as a shadow that manipulates crap, and fashions the biggest diplomatic solution, because it always seems to involve more/better reward

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Lostconfused posted:

looks up covered in goblin corpses..wait what

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Homeless Friend posted:

you can see a some buildings from a ledge in the underdark so i slapped featherfall on astarion and threw him over but it was just an instant kill crevasse with a pretty backdrop lol

If you are unsure abour whether you can jump somewhere, if the popup when you mouse over it says "chasm" then nothing you can do will save you from falling in it.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

You can sneak by large parts of the selune temple by jumping around and taking the upper levels.

There's a backway in to the court yard, and some of the strategic ladders or lookout points are guarded by 7hp goblins.

You could definitely sneak around and just quietly one shot them.

I wouldn't say stealth works well in this game, but it is an option that developers have provided for you.

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

I killed em all evil lil buggers

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

I think you're kind of expected to, I tried to move to the next area but the game told me I was a weak little baby and had to grind more levels.

hosed up, but I guess those gobbos had to die.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I highly recommend everyone tries murdering the lady maintaining the giant safety bubble in act 2 just to see what happens

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

This Grimm fella seems to be the business

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
"maybe i'll tackle that hag problem tonight"

*scouts lair with minion, sweats looking at the time*

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Epic High Five posted:

I REFUSE to believe a single soul has done that final stretch without hiveblood or some kind of regeneration

idk what part but i beat 100% of the game (1.0.0) without using that. i was mostly using dash + tanky + nail stuff the game

tbf ive missed out on a shitload of content since 1.0, they've added like 8 huge major patches. they might have added more than terraria and stardew valley post-launch patches. i really wanna replay it but the first 1.0 game was such a massive timesuck that i haven't quite worked up the nerve to tackle it again with even more content. maybe after Silksong comes out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Okay Grimm was a fun rear end fight, lots of fun rear end fights tbh but it stands out. Did get filled with a bit of dread when it turned out that apparently that was just some kind of opening act but CHARM NOTCH hell yeah. Longnail/shaman/strength/quick slash here we come

Xaris posted:

idk what part but i beat 100% of the game (1.0.0) without using that. i was mostly using dash + tanky + nail stuff the game

tbf ive missed out on a shitload of content since 1.0, they've added like 8 huge major patches. they might have added more than terraria and stardew valley post-launch patches. i really wanna replay it but the first 1.0 game was such a massive timesuck that i haven't quite worked up the nerve to tackle it again with even more content. maybe after Silksong comes out

It's like 15 straight screens of extremely unforgiving platforming, with nothing to dream nail and no benches. No idea if it was a thing in 1.0. I'm sure it could be grinded out but I thought I was close when I gave up and got the charm and it turns out I was miles away. Maybe it's easier for people who aren't terrible at platforming and 2D combat in general.