Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

poverty goat posted:

I bet if you dug into the supply chains for that stuff it's a lot of the same people who were spraying CBD hemp with JWH-018 for the gas station market 15 years ago. The scene was scummy and dishonest then and I fully expect it is now, too. If you're getting "legal" THCa weed that's the best ever, and it's not just illegal weed riding the current grey area to market, it's absolutely loving sprayed with something because there's no way it's going to have the THC content to compete with the real thing otherwise.

The regulated legal real weed business is scummy as poo poo and any related market with less regulation and transparency than that is always going to be worse :capitalism:

The market has evolved where it's the alcohol industry all over again. Virtually every serious grow is owned by a larger company these days. They're beginning to buy up all the alcohol companies now in an effort to focus on legalization pushes. THCa is "the real thing". You go into any disp, you look at the labels, it's all THCa rated. The THC conversion is rarely used anywhere anymore. The weird gas station poo poo still exists, but it's usually a few person business that last a few months, sell their stock, and rebrand and repeat. It's pretty easy to tell what is legit, and what isn't at this point.

Philthy fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Aug 12, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Plenty of the lab reports I've seen that were obviously edited (the qr code being missing is a good indication) still have enough information you can find the actual lab result using the lab's website. So in my experience the labs aren't into it.

I talked to a THCa hemp grower in North Carolina at Hempfest and basically he said the game was to send a cutting to get tested every day, and based on that he can usually predict when to cut to be legal. And if he is off, well, he throws away any tests that are over and claims the most recent test that passed as the final test.

To grow high THCa low delta-9 he says the main tip is low stress. Don't let it get too hot, and also limit exposure to stress like high wind. And still he has to harvest before he would if he was growing for the black market. I think he said his THCa % at harvest is usually from 15% to 22% with one making it to 24% while being under.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

LifeSunDeath posted:

Inside the glass straw there's little ice catcher pips, but it's already got a screen so not sure why.

Extra surface area for vapor cooling would be my guess

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

I'd never heard of THCA before. But apparently THCA is technically legal in most states and also it automatically turns into THC when smoked or vaped. Is that right?

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Pretty much. At least I haven’t read of any large THC-A seizures or busts or anything.

Basically THC-A is delta 9 THC with a carboxylic acid group attached to it (the “A” part). When heated, that group breaks off (“decarbs”) leaving just THC.

As mentioned, regular weed usually has roughly 10-15x more THC-A than THC. Until heated.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

So if I'm ever visiting the US and A again and I want weed I can just order high THCa hemp flower to my dad's house and a cheap vape pen and get as high as I want?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Macichne Leainig posted:

Extra surface area for vapor cooling would be my guess

fair enough, yeah I read the instruction manual and it said "cooling glass" so must be...I still haven't bust out the bong yet to try the bong adapter....goddamn this thing hit me like a train last night, I did like 6 caps of vaping in it and it was wonderful.

I still have a second bag of that THCa weed that I haven't tried but the smell was worse than the first...I may give it a one bowl try, but I'm really freaked out at the idea of smoking bathsalts.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

King Vidiot posted:

It still kills me that, of all people, my dad was the first person who ever gave me edibles.

I wonder how my mom feels about the fact that I was the first person to give her edibles.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Trying to roll a joint in the park and getting divebombed by bees, fuckers, i know it smells great but it's MY flower

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

Blotto_Otter posted:

I’ve got a dynavap arriving in the mail today, very much looking forward to trying it out

on a related note, why did it take so long for me to discover that I can just go online with a credit card now and order some weed high THCa flower and get it delivered right to my door in Texas?
progress report, in light of the high-thca flower talk: I went a bit nuts and ordered some high-thca flower from a few different places, and while I'm not the most experienced weed consumer (only smoked a few times here and there over the years when visiting friends)... so far everything I've tried seems legit to me. Some of it might not be the highest quality, some is a bit drier than the others, but nothing about it seems off, it all looks and smells and smokes/vapes like the real deal. I've been having a good time this past week!

I also got some 10mg THC gummies from a place that does local same-day delivery, and that poo poo definitely does what it says on the tin, and I'm still amazed that I can just go online with a credit card now and have all this stuff at my doorstep tonight.

I also picked up a bit of type 2 weed (THCa+CBD) that I'm trying out right now and I'm digging it, just a little bit of buzz that seems good for an afternoon where I might still have some poo poo that I've got to do before I can sink into the couch for the night

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
This really is the ultimate vape setup, the yeti ice bong and the rogue:

I've been blasting through capsules in this thing, it's so fun.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

I am extremely stoned right now. wife is asleep and I'm extremely stoned.
could think of nowhere else to go than this thread. A sole refuge?
Do we find emotional homes in our forum threads that we find sacred?

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Philthy posted:

The market has evolved where it's the alcohol industry all over again. Virtually every serious grow is owned by a larger company these days. They're beginning to buy up all the alcohol companies now in an effort to focus on legalization pushes. THCa is "the real thing". You go into any disp, you look at the labels, it's all THCa rated.

what? i just looked at two eighths i bought from my local dispensary from two different companies and there is no mention of thca

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Tarkus posted:

You ever think how far space goes? Like it just keeps going and going....

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

redshirt posted:

You ever think how far space goes? Like it just keeps going and going....

Truly

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Tarkus posted:

humans have a peculiar quality that allows them to make literally anything sacred, and once imbued to use it for emotional nourishment. rituals, habits, and getting into your posting flow zone can definitely be meditative

good tunes and weed help of course

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

I will say that as a long time forum user I both love and hate every poster here and they are all great people! Is that odd?

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

smarxist posted:

humans have a peculiar quality that allows them to make literally anything sacred, and once imbued to use it for emotional nourishment. rituals, habits, and getting into your posting flow zone can definitely be meditative

good tunes and weed help of course

I wholeheartedly agree!

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

LifeSunDeath posted:

One of these and an MFLB whip attachment would be amazing

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Weed man included a mystery nug with my purchase and its got me baked boy. Queso sun chips are hot fire.

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

that nug got you fugged

I've been making edibles (cookies) for me and my spouse the past few months to cut down on pot costs and it's been pretty good at curtailing those, if not our THC consumption heh. Probably need to take a tolerance break soonish

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
If you're in WA and you can get your hands on 'Unicorn Factory' flower from High Tide it is an incredible strain that demolishes me.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Earwicker posted:

what? i just looked at two eighths i bought from my local dispensary from two different companies and there is no mention of thca

Where you at?

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Philthy posted:

Where you at?
That Unicorn Factory stuff I just linked claims to be 27.83% THCA, 24.91% TOTAL THC

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Yah, the page only lists THCA. You have to convert it, I think it's 80% of THCA to get the THC number?

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

The carboxyl group that breaks off represents 12.3% of the molecule's mass.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Hahaha yeah

:430:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I used to buy lovely weed from an Insect Exterminator. We called him
"The Bug Man"

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I miss Dale Gribble too :smith:

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
been running a bunch of dale eps on stream with friends

shshshaa :smith:

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

PokeJoe posted:

I miss Dale Gribble too :smith:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptqWMF5qhp4&t=21s

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Jelly posted:

If you're in WA and you can get your hands on 'Unicorn Factory' flower from High Tide it is an incredible strain that demolishes me.

I want that rain suit.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

hempo

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Philthy posted:

Where you at?

LA. this is my main dispensary: https://nelard.com/

some of the stuff on their website says THC/A but the packaging of the weed i brought home just says THC :confused:

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
When flower says something like “THC: 25.0%” what they are reporting is Total THC. That’s the number that’s going to be on the label/web site.

Total THC = %THC + (0.877*%THCA). Pretty sure that’s official, as in it’s written into regulations about selling flower.

That calculation is in the fine print of every lab result I’ve looked at.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

well here is the packaging of the weed im smoking right now, purchased at the dispensary i linked above, and which doesnt say anything about thca on the label:

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

sometimes you see it on that bougie rear end fancy bottle weed. seems like a good marketing call. helps justify the price for their customers

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

LifeSunDeath posted:

This looks cool, is there anything fun like that I can do with my arizer solo? I barely use it but I’m a sucker for combining stuff like that

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

LifeSunDeath posted:

Just ordered this bong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingoffrogs
Aug 14, 2023

LifeSunDeath posted:

Woah what the hell, that thing looks like it's from the future. Is it flower compatible as well, by chance?