Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Like, QT is literally a vice president of the company now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

https://twitter.com/UsensitiveMarks/status/1690689557195534336?t=r55lVBAkfw2MQd3jyCw6dg&s=19

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/pwpnation/status/1690753278424817664?s=46&t=XkSx8WdEiBDDOZ_X7upkoQ

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

His profile description is great

quote:

Pro Wrestling Powerhouse est. 2012 - ANYTHING GOES on X. Free Speech, Uncensored. All Topics Welcomed and Encouraged. Go to PWP Nation META for Wrestling Only!

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

The man gives you great pro wrestling commentary and an excuse to introduce your kids to Electric Version. Ian is the GOAT.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

"One Week" comes on the radio when I'm in the car with my kid and I start shrieking like Rain Man during the fire alarm scene.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
https://twitter.com/PWPNation/status/1690459266501488640

This tweet says all you really need to know about this guy.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/MichaelHamflett/status/1690688083346268160

Miro vs. Hobbs and Darby vs. Luchasaurus are Wrestlemania matches. FTR vs The Young Bucks? House show nonsense.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Brits finding out what happens when you buy 77,000 tickets before a match is announced. :discourse:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Hoss Corncave posted:

This tweet does not include the fact that he and The King Mike Kurtz were supposed to podcast together and never did :(

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Hoss Corncave posted:

I think and I'm being generous that 90% of the users that get posted in here are chuds

bartok
May 10, 2006

MJeff posted:

Brits finding out what happens when you buy 77,000 tickets before a match is announced. :discourse:

you get what is shaping up to be a really fun show?

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Guillermus posted:

I think and I'm being generous that 90% of the users that get posted in here are chuds

I've always just assumed that since 2016 the WWE fan base that's in the males aged 18-60 bracket are irredeemable chuds

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Frantically fumbling with the remote to turn 2012 Raw off before my child hears the word 'metalingus' again

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Triple H’s Part-Time Era began in 2011 when he came back from a year-long injury hiatus to challenge the Undertaker. Let’s see how he put people over in the run-up to Sting and how they used that equity after Sting:

Wrestlemania 2011: Triple H puts over the Undertaker
Night of Champions 2011: Triple H beats CM Punk
Vengeance 2011: Awesome Truth beat HHH/Punk (Kevin Nash attacks HHH and Punk is pinned)
TLC 2011: Triple H beats Kevin Nash
Wrestlemania 2012: Triple H puts over the Undertaker again
Summerslam 2012: Triple H puts over Brock Lesnar
Wrestlemania 2014: Triple H beats Brock Lesnar
Extreme Rules 2013: Triple H puts over Brock Lesnar again
Summer 2013: The Curtis Axel Trilogy:
- May 20: Triple H is beat up after his match with Brock Lesnar, and is kicking Axel’s rear end until he collapses from the lingering effects of Lesnar breaking his arm over and over and giving him concussions. NO CONTEST.
- June 10: Triple H is still beat up and not medically cleared, but is still kicking Axel’s rear end. Vince McMahon comes down and declares the match a DQ, and Curtis Axel wins!
- June 10: Triple H points out that he is in charge of Raw and orders the match restarted. Vince comes back out and declares that HHH has forfeited. Curtis Axel wins again! Triple H tries to re-restart the match but VInce McMahon steals the bell and won’t let the match re-restart. Triple H put over Curtis Axel three times!!!
Wrestlemania 2014: Triple H puts over Daniel Bryan
Raw After Mania 2014: Triple H demands a rematch with Bryan. Before the bell, Orton and Batista attack Bryan. Kane runs them off, and turns on Bryan and also attacks him before the bell. Triple H kicks his rear end and mocks him for awhile, then the Shield run him off. No contest, so maybe this is also putting Bryan over?
Extreme Rules 2014: The Shield beat Evolution (Reigns pins Batista)
Payback 2014: The Shield beat Evolution in an elimination match (Triple H puts over Roman at the end!)
Wrestlemania 2015: Triple H beats Sting.
Royal Rumble 2016: Triple H wins the Royal Rumble
Roadblock 2016: Triple H beats Dean Ambrose
Raw March 13, 2016: Triple H beats Dolph Ziggler
Wrestlemania 2016: Triple H puts over Roman Reigns
Wrestlemania 2017: Triple H puts over Seth Rollins
Survivor Series 2017: Triple H’s team wins an elimination match. He and Braun Strowman are the survivors, Triple H pinned Shane to win the match.
Wrestlemania 2018: Angle/Rousey beat Triple H and Stephanie. Rousey submits Stephanie
The Greatest Royal Rumble: Triple H puts over John Cena
Super Showdown 2018: Triple H gets his win back from the Undertaker
Crown Jewel 2018: DX beat Kane and Undertaker. Triple H pins Kane in case he needed to get a win back from him too.
Wrestlemania 2019: Triple H beats Batista
Super Showdown 2019: Triple H puts over Randy Orton

So I think it's clear that Triple H had to beat Sting in his first WWE match just to make sure he still had enough "juice" to put over up and comers like Cena and Orton later on. After all, before Sting, he'd jobbed out to guys like Undertaker at Wrestlemania, Brock Lesnar, Daniel Bryan once, and Curtis Axel thrice!

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

MJeff posted:

is she?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

bartok posted:

you get what is shaping up to be a really fun show?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvzD65QcCr0

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Edge & Christian posted:

Triple H’s Part-Time Era began in 2011 when he came back from a year-long injury hiatus to challenge the Undertaker. Let’s see how he put people over in the run-up to Sting and how they used that equity after Sting:

So I think it's clear that Triple H had to beat Sting in his first WWE match just to make sure he still had enough "juice" to put over up and comers like Cena and Orton later on. After all, before Sting, he'd jobbed out to guys like Undertaker at Wrestlemania, Brock Lesnar, Daniel Bryan once, and Curtis Axel thrice!

Excuse me, you forgot HHH putting over Jinder Mahal by beating him clean in India.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

MJeff posted:

Excuse me, you forgot HHH putting over Jinder Mahal by beating him clean in India.
I was not including non-televised shows. If you include those, he actually put over Dean Ambrose several times! He lost more than he won on house shows and maybe those original tweeters were mixing up "Wrestlemania Revenge Tour" in France and Belgium with actual Wrestlemanias.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Edge & Christian posted:

I was not including non-televised shows. If you include those, he actually put over Dean Ambrose several times! He lost more than he won on house shows and maybe those original tweeters were mixing up "Wrestlemania Revenge Tour" in France and Belgium with actual Wrestlemanias.

All those Wrestlemania Revenge Tour attendance number should be added to that year's Wrestlemania attendance numbers on wikipedia.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

1glitch0 posted:

All those Wrestlemania Revenge Tour attendance number should be added to that year's Wrestlemania attendance numbers on wikipedia.
If you add up the attendance of all of the Roads to Wrestlemania Live shows, Wrestlemania Nights 1 + 2, Wrestlemania Raw, Wrestlemania Smackdown, the Raw After Wrestlemania, and Wrestlemania Backlash, Wrestlemania 38 sold close to 300,000 tickets, and knowing how venues and shareholder reports typically undercount tickets sold (they told us on TV rhere were nearly 79,000 people in attendance on Night 2, compared to "legal documents" stating it was 65,000) I think it's safe to say that Wrestlemania 38 had at least half a million people in attendance across nearly two dozen cities. A number so staggering WWE was too polite to run a Wrestlemania Revenge tour in 2022.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Edge & Christian posted:

If you add up the attendance of all of the Roads to Wrestlemania Live shows, Wrestlemania Nights 1 + 2, Wrestlemania Raw, Wrestlemania Smackdown, the Raw After Wrestlemania, and Wrestlemania Backlash, Wrestlemania 38 sold close to 300,000 tickets, and knowing how venues and shareholder reports typically undercount tickets sold (they told us on TV rhere were nearly 79,000 people in attendance on Night 2, compared to "legal documents" stating it was 65,000) I think it's safe to say that Wrestlemania 38 had at least half a million people in attendance across nearly two dozen cities. A number so staggering WWE was too polite to run a Wrestlemania Revenge tour in 2022.

:wow:

AEW's biggest show getting 1/6th the crowd of a Wrestlemania. Lets round and say 1/10th as big. Very sad.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

1glitch0 posted:

:wow:

AEW's biggest show getting 1/6th the crowd of a Wrestlemania. Lets round and say 1/10th as big. Very sad.

Not even half of a Rolling Loud.

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

Pylons posted:

Not even half of a Rolling Loud.

wrap it up AEWailures

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I love how he might actually believe this one.

https://twitter.com/leslieleeiii/status/1691069376143798272

https://twitter.com/leslieleeiii/status/1691040452256903168

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

30K+ followers and like eight likes.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Tony Khan MUST reach out to Kim Jeong Un to collide in Korea again. The people of North Korea deserve topés.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

AEW fanboys refuse to accept that if Tony doesn't deathmarch UK wrestling fans into Wembley at gunpoint he is fundamentally unserious as a promoter.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Mr. Squishy posted:

Tony Khan MUST reach out to Kim Jeong Un to collide in Korea again. The people of North Korea deserve topes.

"not recognized by at least one UN member state" will become the new "outlaw mudshow" mark my words

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

well done to the posters from here who broke bigboss9893's brain

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:List_of_professional_wrestling_attendance_records#Actual_Attendance_and_PR_Attendance

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

https://x.com/finsburyblog/status/1691118894033797121?s=46

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

lmfao

I can’t imagine wading into Wikipedia bureaucracy like the people arguing with bigboss but I salute them nonetheless for crushing the menacing fed stan

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Wikipedia has such a dogshit interface on their talk pages. It's headache inducing.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I really don't wanna go into the Wikipedia talk page on my phone, can we get quotes or screencaps of the juicy stuff?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

MJeff posted:

I really don't wanna go into the Wikipedia talk page on my phone, can we get quotes or screencaps of the juicy stuff?

It's just wiki editors using Rational sir logic on some fed head and he slowly becomes more erratic and unhinged (truly, not in the way we use the word here).

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

MJeff posted:

Here’s my favorite. Please note that the red text in their profile name means they don’t have a profile page and could perhaps be seen as a “non Wikipedia user”. Doubly so because all of their edits are pro WWE and most of it is from the last 2 days on this page.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

hell yeah

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

lmao, that whole thread is wild and bigboss is really going through it

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Here’s my favorite. Please note that the red text in their profile name means they don’t have a profile page and could perhaps be seen as a “non Wikipedia user”. Doubly so because all of their edits are pro WWE and most of it is from the last 2 days on this page.

I liked the part where he brought up that there is a coordinated effort from "another forum" and for that reason factual information verified by reputable sources should be removed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

lmao i need to put up the wrestling fan army beacon. there are some other wikipedia axes i have to grind