Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Unperson_47 posted:

I had a similar board game called The Grape Escape where you used molds to make little grape dudes out of play-doh and squished them in traps. Much like Mouse Trap, I never played the actual game.

sometime in the very late 90s/maybe 2000, my sister and I grabbed a copy of 13 Dead End Drive at a neighbor’s yard sale

It was missing a couple of pieces but was mostly together, we spent a whole Saturday putting the board together and messing around with the traps and then never actually played a round

I also got the Batman Forever board game as a 5th or 6th birthday gift, which was this elaborate nightmare to put together (IIRC part of it was designed to look like a big top tightrope, like the Robin intro scenes, and there was this bizarre plastic armature that you had to assemble over the board and there was also a little plastic bat-shaped catapult that you were supposed to launch balls at the player pieces with) and similarly never ever got played

and the The Lost World: Jurassic Park “escape from Isla Sorna” game for Chrimbus ‘98 or ‘97, where one player or team controlled the human pieces (trying to escape the island by moving them to the chopper landing site, score/win state determined by how many people you lose) and the other controlled the “dinosaur team” which was made up of like one T. rex and like four or five raptors, which had different move sets (get all the humans before they get off the island). That one got played a couple of times before its components were scavenged to make a project in grade 7 (2002).

You had to build like literally 30 buildings out of card stock (like the entire Isla Sorna facility), and they never stayed together properly, awesome idea but executed very cheaply and poorly. I’m sure the dinosaur pieces are in my mom’s craft cabinet somewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antioch
Apr 18, 2003
Atmosfear / Nightmare was my 90s board game jam. Slapping in a VHS and having the creepy Gatekeeper come up and yell at you occasionally was a lot of fun.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atmosfear_(series)

Got a little lame after you'd played a couple times and knew the timings. They fixed that with the DVD being more random, but that was in the early 2000s so it doesn't count here.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

All these board game posts make me wanna rewatch AVGN's Board James.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8ETyDp3JuU

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006
Friday nights are for Wapner!

I recall something about 1313 Dead End Drive where I think someone either played a detective or everyone started out outside of the house and you had to roll to actually get into the house proper.

I vaguely remember that part, and it being a slog to get through until you’re finally in.

Vogon Poetry Slam
Nov 13, 2016

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!
This was my jam.

It got incredibly annoying but my brother and I played that more then any other board game we had.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
That barfing alien face in the background still haunts me.

This was a game I saw a lot but never played.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
Visited Niagara Falls this past week, saw a trio of people waking abreast wearing the following shirts:

“There’s no power like the power of prayer”
Three-wolf moon
An authentic NO FEAR t-shirt.

I don’t think this was done with any irony at all.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Phanatic posted:

Visited Niagara Falls this past week, saw a trio of people waking abreast wearing the following shirts:

Three-wolf moon

All they were missing was a Big Dog T-shirt.

I guess they couldn't run with them...had to stay on the porch. :(

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

DrBouvenstein posted:

All they were missing was a Big Dog T-shirt.

I guess they couldn't run with them...had to stay on the porch. :(

Whenever I rented Blank Slate from Dana Carvey on VHS it opened with like a 10 minute ad for big dogs. I finally went to a big dogs outlet store to make an ironic hipster purchase in 2004 and uh…all the poo poo was like $30 t shirts and gently caress that.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Phanatic posted:

Three-wolf moon

Add some Zubaz and a little butt stuff and it’s the parking lot of any Buffalo Bills home game

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Coed naked was everywhere during high school

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Overbite posted:

Coed naked was everywhere during high school

Did y’all have Big Johnson too

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Grassy Knowles posted:

Whenever I rented Blank Slate from Dana Carvey on VHS it opened with like a 10 minute ad for big dogs. I finally went to a big dogs outlet store to make an ironic hipster purchase in 2004 and uh…all the poo poo was like $30 t shirts and gently caress that.

Dana Carvey personally loaned you VHS tapes?

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Unperson_47 posted:

Dana Carvey personally loaned you VHS tapes?

I think he had a Big Dogs franchise he was trying to get me into. Oh and ig it was called clean slate w/e it was what they remade into memento and into 50 first dates

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Phanatic posted:

Three-wolf moon

I was born and raised in the Canadian one.

There's a good chance they were locals

Hope you didn't eat in the tourist area.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Replace all Big Dog shirts with Roman Reigns shirts.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

fartknocker posted:

Add some Zubaz and a little butt stuff and it’s the parking lot of any Buffalo Bills home game

Zubaz were so loving hot, dude. I looked so goddamn fly in my Zubaz and my Jordans and my HyperColor sweatshirt.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Gonz posted:

Replace all Big Dog shirts with Roman Reigns shirts.

Supereyepatchwolf made a 2 hour video that got a million views and made Roman Reigns cool

Brandon Proust
Jun 22, 2006

"Like many intellectuals, he was incapable of scoring a simple goal in a simple way"

Grassy Knowles posted:

did they at least have the 9/11 one?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Phanatic posted:

Three-wolf moon

This post just reminded me that Big Johnson shirts existed and god that's a fad I'm glad died with the 90s.

Dick jokes lol am I right?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Vandar posted:

This post just reminded me that Big Johnson shirts existed and god that's a fad I'm glad died with the 90s.

Dick jokes lol am I right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mery9kiPGzA

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

For some reason, my school district did not ban Big Johnson, Big Richard or Coed Naked shirts. All of them were really popular in about 5th-6th grade. No Fear and its knockoff, Fear Nothing, were huge in 7th grade. Explorations was popular for girls in 8th. Big Dogs was in at about the same time. There was a Big Dogs outlet an hour from where I lived, but the outlet mall is long dead.

Somewhere in there were Guess, Gap and Tommy Hilfiger. And Starter gear. So much Starter gear.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

It felt like every one at my school owned a Fudpucker's shirt. Those should've been banned just on the basis of being from Florida.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
I'll always remember Ryan MacKenzie getting sent home from grade 9 for wearing a shirt that read "Don't like my attitude? Dial 1-800-EAT-poo poo" and had a cartoon of a little green gremlin holding a rotary phone with one hand and flipping the bird with the other.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Ryan was a legend

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Did they at least call the number?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Oh god I haven't thought about T-Shirt Hell in ages.

*googles*

I can't believe they're still around and also they seem a lot tamer than they used to be, just looking at the front page of their site.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Big Dogs also still exists.

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Has anyone posted that Planet of the Bass video yet because that hits me right in the nostalgia bone.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-OgkNgxm3k

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
those white 'united colours of bennetton' t shirts with a pair of parasuco jeans was a popular fit in junior high

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

RC and Moon Pie posted:

For some reason, my school district did not ban Big Johnson, Big Richard or Coed Naked shirts. All of them were really popular in about 5th-6th grade. No Fear and its knockoff, Fear Nothing, were huge in 7th grade. Explorations was popular for girls in 8th. Big Dogs was in at about the same time. There was a Big Dogs outlet an hour from where I lived, but the outlet mall is long dead.

Somewhere in there were Guess, Gap and Tommy Hilfiger. And Starter gear. So much Starter gear.

There was a brief UK specific trend for basketball gear. I'm not sure how widespread this was, but enough for sports stores to up their intake of merch. The coolest kids would be first and "claim" the Chicago Bulls. I was a little later and claimed the Charlotte Hornets (the mascot looked cool), but the kids who were poo poo out of luck got scowling Looney Tunes playing basketball.

Holy poo poo, the exact shirt:
https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/993792474/vintage-90s-charlotte-hornets-t-shirt

Dillbag posted:

I'll always remember Ryan MacKenzie getting sent home from grade 9 for wearing a shirt that read "Don't like my attitude? Dial 1-800-EAT-poo poo" and had a cartoon of a little green gremlin holding a rotary phone with one hand and flipping the bird with the other.

We all know EXACTLY what kind of kid Ryan MacKenzie was and hope he's doing well and still kind of envy his energy.

Disco Pope has a new favorite as of 14:01 on Aug 17, 2023

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Disco Pope posted:

I was a little later and claimed the Charlotte Hornets (the mascot looked cool)

They had that classic :krad: combo of teal and purple so every third person in the U.S either had a Hornets shirt or hat or something up until like 1998.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Our t-shirt wars were between the WWJD crowd and the Austin 3:16 folks, which I suppose is a bit blasphemous.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Animal-Mother posted:

Our t-shirt wars were between the WWJD crowd and the Austin 3:16 folks, which I suppose is a bit blasphemous.

What about the "Make 7.....Up Yours" crew?

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
I remember all of those shirts. I don't know if they ever had a majority share though. I think if you owned one, you were likely to own the others, so really it was the same couple dozen of dudes wearing them daily at my school.

I do, however, remember people wearing clothes with the labels that were huge or just screamed in big letters ABERCROMBIE AND FITCH or AMERICAN EAGLE or HOLLISTER and these shirts had some lovely inuendo or claimed there was some rugged outdoor event, et. al.

It was gauche as gently caress.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
To be clear, I am one of the latter. I had a really loving ugly shirt that I rocked in late elementary, early middle school that was a plain white Tommy Hilfiger t-shirt with just this huge logo that was like a flag and then the brand name above and below the logo.

It was also really baggy.

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨
My dad’s favorite purveyor of novelty shirts in the 90s, and my source for random terrible “pranks” like “gum that tastes bad” or “soap that’s not soap”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Busket Posket posted:

My dad’s favorite purveyor of novelty shirts in the 90s, and my source for random terrible “pranks” like “gum that tastes bad” or “soap that’s not soap”

omg remember stupid.com?

probably like one of the first websites I went to consistently as a child

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stupid.com