Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

lightpole posted:

These billionaire death ring fantasies or whatever aren't a weird fixation at all.

:allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I can’t think of anything funnier than billionaires dying from their own hubris, be it penis enlargement or flying helicopters.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Crab Dad posted:

I can’t think of anything funnier than billionaires dying from their own hubris, be it penis enlargement or flying helicopters.

Or visiting a wrecked ship

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Crab Dad posted:

It's endlessly funny that Steve Jobs was so brain-broken that he probably hosed himself on his pancreatic cancer. The type he had was apparently perfectly treatable via surgery and he had all the money/connections in the world about it. And he decided NO, HERBS because "I didn't want my body to be opened". Then did it 9 months later once it was too far gone :v:

Also, content:

https://twitter.com/davelevinthal/status/1691053040986386432?t=ezMSNZShrUm1AoNdJybJJg&s=19

My guess is that this particular government drone caught wind of this organization, spit out their coffee, then cracked their knuckles and got to work.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

Crab Dad posted:

Thats different from coming up with fantasy deaths. Thats kinda weird and probably not healthy.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

lightpole posted:

Thats different from coming up with fantasy deaths. Thats kinda weird and probably not healthy.

God, you sound fun.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
imagine being the kind of killjoy that sees people joking about the potential deaths of some of the objectively worst fuckin people on the planet and tut-tutting it

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
I don't fantasize about their deaths, I just wish they would die. I am morally superior.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

I don't fantasize about their deaths

I do fantasize about them violencing each other comically tho

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

lightpole posted:

These billionaire death ring fantasies or whatever aren't a weird fixation at all.

If they're intent on duking it out they might as well go full on celebrity deathmatch

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

lightpole posted:

:allears:

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

It's less that I want to see billionaires dead and more that I want to see an end to the economic, cultural, social, and ecological devastation they capriciously commit. I also feel that our political, social, and economic systems are designed to enable, not oppose, them such that there is little practice chance of anything mattering. As a result the only "plausible" path I see for someone like Elon to stop destroying society and the planet is for him get himself killed in a celebrity death match or rocket failure or mauled by a cyborg monkey.

Fivemarks
Feb 21, 2015

Zamujasa posted:

imagine being the kind of killjoy that sees people joking about the potential deaths of some of the objectively worst fuckin people on the planet and tut-tutting it

Every day, we need someone to post the Disco Elysium "Dios Mio, a Liberal!"

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

It is too bad we won't get a Disco Elysium 2. That game was a lot of fun.

Not related to our current discussion but I found this perfect

https://twitter.com/tinytachyon/status/1690358693249024000?s=20

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

“They deserved to die and I hope they burn in hell”

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

The good news is if Zuck hits Elon in the head a bunch, it won't make Elon any dumber.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Here's your advance-read of what the Georgia charges are going to be against Donnie, as apparently the court hosed up a seal somewhere:

https://twitter.com/jackqueen_/status/1691138841086668833?t=yU9dciGDGQeIeWNaePay0g&s=19

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

facialimpediment posted:

Here's your advance-read of what the Georgia charges are going to be against Donnie, as apparently the court hosed up a seal somewhere:

https://twitter.com/jackqueen_/status/1691138841086668833?t=yU9dciGDGQeIeWNaePay0g&s=19

The clerk screwed up and accidentally put that on the public docket for the day. Those charges have not been voted on by the grand jury yet, and won't be until tomorrow afternoon at the earliest as they are still getting witness testimony through at least tomorrow morning.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Georgia will also at a minimum allow cameras in the courtroom. There's speculation they may allow it to be televised.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Soylent Pudding posted:

is for him get himself killed in a celebrity death match or rocket failure or mauled by a cyborg monkey.

but you repeat yourself

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
PopeHat gonna be tripping this week, I'm reading that it might be the Georgia version of RICO.

"It's never RICO, it's never RICO, oh poo poo it's a RICO!"

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

bird food bathtub posted:

PopeHat gonna be tripping this week, I'm reading that it might be the Georgia version of RICO.

"It's never RICO, it's never RICO, oh poo poo it's a RICO!"

He beat you to it!

https://mastodon.social/@Popehat/110884839008526340

quote:

I just want to point out that my rule “It’s not RICO” refers to the federal RICO statute and is not intended to refer to any state statutes and offer may not be good in Georgia

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Pfffffff, that's such a lawyer answer.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Mr. Nice! posted:

The clerk screwed up and accidentally put that on the public docket for the day. Those charges have not been voted on by the grand jury yet, and won't be until tomorrow afternoon at the earliest as they are still getting witness testimony through at least tomorrow morning.

This just came in from local media:

https://twitter.com/bluestein/status/1691150377909891083?t=yFkStcgF9lTsqwoSOQ88Xg&s=19

I fully expect the indictment to drop as I'm on the road to a concert tonight, but hopefully I get to read the analysis during the opener or something :argh:

bird food bathtub posted:

Pfffffff, that's such a lawyer answer.

He's on safe ground per this CBS News article though: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-rico-case-georgia-expert-says/

Apparently federal RICO should just be charged as conspiracies, as they're an easier way to convict on the same thing. Georgia RICO appears to be more or less conspiracy anyways and the DA can grab others.

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Aug 14, 2023

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Yeah I saw that Duncan got called in early, and I think Trump's truthing this morning has more to do with it than the clerk's snafu. Trump was calling out Duncan by name trying to influence him ahead of grand jury testimony.

e:

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

Wasabi the J posted:

God, you sound fun.

I've always been upfront about being extremely uptight. The people that tell me that to my face have always been dog whistling alcoholics so I feel pretty good about myself.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

lightpole posted:

I've always been upfront about being extremely uptight. The people that tell me that to my face have always been dog whistling alcoholics so I feel pretty good about myself.

Wasabi the J posted:

God, you sound fun.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

Yeah I saw that Duncan got called in early, and I think Trump's truthing this morning has more to do with it than the clerk's snafu. Trump was calling out Duncan by name trying to influence him ahead of grand jury testimony.

e:

Ever since Mark Hammill did it, I can't NOT hear donny's dumb loving tweets/truths/turds in the voice of the Joker. It makes reading all these dumb things much more fun.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Uh, wasn't Trump just cautioned not to loving call people out on social media?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

lightpole posted:

Lol

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Mr. Nice! posted:

e:

I'm surprised there's not an AI Trump post generator at this point.

All you need is a base set of some combination of political opponent attacks, attacks against networks he doesn't like, buzz phrases, and talk about endorsements, how nobody likes the person he attacks, and ratings and it could be automatic.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

stealie72 posted:

Ever since Mark Hammill did it, I can't NOT hear donny's dumb loving tweets/truths/turds in the voice of the Joker. It makes reading all these dumb things much more fun.

Try imagining Gul Dukat voice, it's perfect every time

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

shame on an IGA posted:

Oh my god

MonkeyWash
Jan 14, 2005
Donkey Rinse

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

He's not faced consequences for anything yet, why stop the threats? I hope the judge calls him on it but I doubt it

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Well yeah, then he directly attacked said J6 judge as biased and so on so forth. That's why gag orders are so difficult to both order and enforce, thus why the judge more or less did a "pretty please, just shut up".

A lot of this is really standard odious first amendment-protected gasbagging. Absolutely not a good idea to get on a judge's good side for favorable rulings, absolutely not a thing that will get you in the pretrial slammer.

But that LG tweet is really, really pushing it. The rest was dumb political gasbagging.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

shame on an IGA posted:

there’s a twitter account where that’s the whole gimmick

https://twitter.com/realguldukat/status/1687580348492759040

Raerlynn
Oct 28, 2007

Sorry I'm late, I'm afraid I got lost on the path of life.

CBJSprague24 posted:

I'm surprised there's not an AI Trump post generator at this point.

All you need is a base set of some combination of political opponent attacks, attacks against networks he doesn't like, buzz phrases, and talk about endorsements, how nobody likes the person he attacks, and ratings and it could be automatic.

This already exists. There was a channel on twitch that ran AI versions of Trump and Biden debating each other. Idk if it's still up now.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Funny you should say "a" Twitter account, when the account is coming from inside the thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/PoliticusSarah/status/1691183096064802820?t=ORQJ6Bh6QdEftuUC7PlEww&s=19