Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

If the battle pass is done then there's really nothing else. The ashes stuff would then just help with leveling another character but it sounds like you're good for this season.

Go play BG3. The game that other AAA developers don't want you to play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

BG3 also got tons of time in Early Access, if that's what lets these devs get the trickle in funding necessary to spend their time to make great games I'm all for it, my love and support to the people buying these games in EA though cause I aint gonna

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

I still think it’s criminal we can’t go back to Hell after the campaign. What a waste of assets. No doubt they’ll eventually have something there, but not having it from the get go is absurd.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

latinotwink1997 posted:

I still think it’s criminal we can’t go back to Hell after the campaign. What a waste of assets. No doubt they’ll eventually have something there, but not having it from the get go is absurd.

That's a good point, I forgot we went to hell lmao

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
More events/activities that feature raining blood too

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Kaysette posted:

That's a good point, I forgot we went to hell lmao

I thought we've been in hell this whole time?

There's a title at the end of the seasonal journey if you wanted that. It involves Uber Lilith or a nmd100 though.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Substandard posted:

I'm getting sick of the S1 stuff and thinking about bowing out for the season at like level 77.

Is there any reason to keep going if I've completed the battle pass? None of the ashes carry over or anything do they? I'm just trying to make sure I don't miss out on anything if I don't get to 100.
Supposedly there is a hidden achievement for completing every single season objective that awards the player title “Cormond’s Friend”. Not exactly a must have, of course.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
apparently there is/has been a gold dupe for some time because people are literally selling items for literally multiple accounts worth of gold

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

El Generico posted:

BG3 also got tons of time in Early Access, if that's what lets these devs get the trickle in funding necessary to spend their time to make great games I'm all for it, my love and support to the people buying these games in EA though cause I aint gonna

hate to burst the ol' bubble but blizzard got us all to pay $70+ to early access test d4 for them and it's still not going to be a finished game for a long rear end time... just cause it's not labeled early access doesn't mean it isn't.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Yeah the idea that it's unfair because a developer used a lengthy opt in testing process is wild lol

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

How dare they cultivate a reputation for making fun games and then leverage that trust into a funding model that let them make an epic that everyone appears to love!

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX
Blizzard sends hired goons with baseball bats to intimidate Larian staff:
"We don't appreciate you making these fancy games. Makes everyone look bad. Now either you limit that stash space and put in a battlepass or you'll be typing up your next patch notes with broken fingers. Capiche?"

Thursday Next
Jan 11, 2004

FUCK THE ISLE OF APPLES. FUCK THEM IN THEIR STUPID ASSES.
Today I was like "I need a low-reqs game because BG3 is causing my machine to overheat in 90 F weather. Let me check in on Diablo 4 and see what's up."

Vic posted:

*armpit fart noises*

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

TheWorldsaStage posted:

https://twitter.com/Cromwelp/status/1690171362655002624?t=LPspqbLTGbNYzu9pCZ6SIA&s=19

Very AFK is the director of publishing for Larian. It got so bad Larian people had to start calling devs and people saying the same thing they were out.

E: not to mention what that person is describing is every modern AAA, so the gap in quality stands even more in stark contrast

for the normal people who don't have twitter accounts this is just a tweet that says "what funding?" and no context.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
didn't diablo 4 also have like, a lengthy closed invite-only beta process where they used the feedback from it to nerf sorc into the ground, remove WT5, and nothing else?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I don't follow Gamer Newz! Is that a joke of some kind? Is Baldurgate famous for its large or lack of funding?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I haven't played in a few weeks. Is sorc viable again with the recent patch?

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Vic posted:

Blizzard sends hired goons with baseball bats to intimidate Larian staff:
"We don't appreciate you making these fancy games. Makes everyone look bad. Now either you limit that stash space and put in a battlepass or you'll be typing up your next patch notes with broken fingers. Capiche?"

To be fair, the inventory system in the game sucks pretty bad and selling stuff to vendors is annoying as gently caress.

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

Josh Lyman posted:

I haven't played in a few weeks. Is sorc viable again with the recent patch?

much more viable. chain lightning rules and paragon defensive buffs help a lot.

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

I like Diablo 4! I also think there’s a soul in there, although it’s inconsistent.

Playing druid into the 90s is a night and day difference compared to, say, sorc. The itemization and theme work so much better. The sound design might be my favorite part, earth skills are just incredible. Barb smashed and rogue slicing are up there too.

There are things that would make it better - like loot to chase for alts ala D2 - but I believe the game will get there, and I’ve got enough hours in across all the characters to few pretty satisfied with the first few months.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

SHISHKABOB posted:

To be fair, the inventory system in the game sucks pretty bad and selling stuff to vendors is annoying as gently caress.

this is true. although I feel like I did part of that to myself. I have more money than god in that game rn because I picked up literally every single thing, including the boxes they came in. the annoyance for me comes in when you enter an area you can't just go to shop when you fill up your squad and have to send a bunch of armors to camp to fetch later.

WarEternal posted:

for the normal people who don't have twitter accounts this is just a tweet that says "what funding?" and no context.

here's the context: top guy is an "exec" for a company who just does pr work for other companies and content creators within the gaming sphere, which begs the question why he's even saying this lol. bottom guy is a larian dev.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

WarEternal posted:

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

coelomate posted:

I like Diablo 4! I also think there’s a soul in there, although it’s inconsistent.

Playing druid into the 90s is a night and day difference compared to, say, sorc. The itemization and theme work so much better. The sound design might be my favorite part, earth skills are just incredible. Barb smashed and rogue slicing are up there too.

There are things that would make it better - like loot to chase for alts ala D2 - but I believe the game will get there, and I’ve got enough hours in across all the characters to few pretty satisfied with the first few months.

I freaking love the visual and audio aesthetic of earth Druid!!!

Just a pain in the butt doing the 1-50 leveling 😠

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I freaking love the visual and audio aesthetic of earth Druid!!!

Just a pain in the butt doing the 1-50 leveling 😠

play hc and ill boost you

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Darn it Blizz give early game druid slightly more damage and some form of innate resource generation.

Heck, make spirit the opposite of fury where it starts to generate if you’ve been out of combat or something. Tranquil nature mediation = spirit or something.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Verviticus posted:

play hc and ill boost you

Well that’s kind of you, thank you friend :)

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Run a human caster with overload/overcharge until you find whatever aspects you need to do the earth bear. It just got buffed from 20% to 40% so it’s pretty powerful now.

Use stuff like hurricane/ravens to make it proc as often as possible.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
It's still absolutely wild to me that they created a game with an MMO style shared over world and there is no way to find groups on it.

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

You people will by God act like a team, or at least like people who know each other, or I'll incinerate the bunch of you here and now.

Push El Burrito posted:

It's still absolutely wild to me that they created a game with an MMO style shared over world and there is no way to find groups on it.

Yeah, this has occurred to me. I don't think you can even click on another player and invite them to your party.... or if you can, I haven't figured out how to do it. I've wanted to party-invite randos doing Helltides nearby but could never figure out how to do it before they were gone.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Pixelante posted:

Yeah, this has occurred to me. I don't think you can even click on another player and invite them to your party.... or if you can, I haven't figured out how to do it. I've wanted to party-invite randos doing Helltides nearby but could never figure out how to do it before they were gone.

Mouse over them and hit E, you can invite from the emote wheel

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

yeah there's all kinds of goofy poo poo in the emote wheel isn't there

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

Pixelante posted:

press o for the social tab and the middle tab is like "people you saw in the world" and then find them there

Push El Burrito posted:

its wild to me how there never seems to be anyone in the world

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

hawowanlawow posted:

yeah there's all kinds of goofy poo poo in the emote wheel isn't there

I ran into a side quest that wanted me to gesture at a statue except none of them worked which is how I discovered there's a lot more you can equip in those menus than what's there by default.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
I'm pretty sure you can invite those on your shard from the social menu (o)

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Man, I hope they add it for those who need it, but I always see "No LFG?" in the same vein as "Always online required??" where I double-check that it's still 2023 out and I can keep not givin' a crap

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Darn it Blizz give early game druid slightly more damage and some form of innate resource generation.

Heck, make spirit the opposite of fury where it starts to generate if you’ve been out of combat or something. Tranquil nature mediation = spirit or something.

It’s weird cuz Druid does have “passive spirit generation” as a stat in its character sheet but I’ve found nothing in the game that provides it

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
yeah i was gonna say the emote wheel has a lot of extra stuff you can bind to it, there should absolutely be more introduction to it or a better way to make use of those bindings. apparently you can directly bind emote wheel actions on PC so you can do stuff like just have to press G or whatever and use an elixir or scroll of escape or whatever.

putting the rope in the tutorial dungeon that lets you immediately leave the dungeon without having to backtrack or channel really doesn’t set you up for, in all other dungeons, looking to the emote wheel to leave dungeon or w/e

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Man, I hope they add it for those who need it, but I always see "No LFG?" in the same vein as "Always online required??" where I double-check that it's still 2023 out and I can keep not givin' a crap

Noted always online game Diablo 3 has had it for decades and guess what it’s fine.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

I remember a lot of very vocal concerns about the MMO-ish stuff pre-release, because feeling solitary has always kind of been A Thing in Diablo games. Blizzard even came out at one point (I think sometime around the open beta) to reassure everyone that the open world didn't mean you'd constantly be tripping over other players.

Definitely seems like there's some inherent conflict between adding MMO stuff but wanting to keep the lonely Diablo feel, and I don't really know how they'll reconcile it. Diablo 3 sort of got around this by letting you exit out to the main menu and decide you'd like to get into an instance with 3 randos. But Blizzard seems pretty intent on making a lot of this stuff seem more diegetic (like how nightmare dungeons are actually locations in the world that you travel to, vs rifts being a portal to a random tileset and group of enemies), so that wouldn't "fit" in D4. Plus, sigils being in the mix makes matchmaking with randoms more complicated than rifts did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

Hulk Krogan posted:

Plus, sigils being in the mix makes matchmaking with randoms more complicated than rifts did.

When you use a sigil you get a big pop-up that I assume is shared in party that <Account Name> has opened a Nightmare Dungeon. They stay open until completed, revives are burned or WT is changed. Seems ideal to let people enter "now hosting" state once they pop the sigil and other players can refresh a bounty board at town or something, join the group and have the teleport to dungeon enabled.

Of course this might load the stash of every host doing this in the game simultaneously, detonating your ram. :thunk: