Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Popy posted:

i cant stand podcasts with ads bro

the worst ones are the ones that networks slip into podcasts and they play during the middle of a sentence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Xaris posted:

the worst ad reads are on bein Ian because Ian is so pathetic being a whiny begging bitch that it’s uncomfortable cringe

AnimeIsTrash posted:

the worst ones are the ones that networks slip into podcasts and they play during the middle of a sentence
yeah Ian's are annoying but some national ad for the i heart radio podcast network or some poo poo just makes me instantly close the window

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Popy posted:

i cant stand podcasts with ads bro

an ad run in the middle of your podcast is deah i do not care how good ur pod is its not gonna happen

i see someone has never been sold on mack weldon underwear or blue chew

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
oh yeah I don’t have any iheartradio or npr or radiotopia or maximumfun poo poo on my podcast feed.

night vale started doing ads recently for some reason and while they aren’t in the middle, it still sucks because it ruins the whole ending vibe

not that I listen to them anymore but still

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

yellowcar posted:

it is absolutely crazy that I can name like seven old cumtown sponsors offhand and not really any from somewhere else. it's such good marketing

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

i say swears online posted:

it is absolutely crazy that I can name like seven old cumtown sponsors offhand and not really any from somewhere else. it's such good marketing

they're masters of the craft

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

i enjoyed Yeah But Still's ad reads every time

when "network" shows get cross promoted, sometimes they can sound so bad that it's funny

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

the dollop and doughboys frequently have ads for doordash

who is listening to podcasts and hasnt heard of doordash? lmfao

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Watch Midnight Run

Squashy
Dec 24, 2005

150cc of psilocybinic power
The Dollop's 10 (20?) minutes of adreads at the start of their show was the worst poo poo ever. Haven't listened to them in years because of it

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
I recommend the guys we f&@#% podcast

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

AnimeIsTrash posted:

the dollop and doughboys frequently have ads for doordash

who is listening to podcasts and hasnt heard of doordash? lmfao
that’s the same thing as advertising coke or Pepsi on tv. of course everyone has heard of coke cola or Taco Bell, infact advertisers are counting on consumers having knowledge of consuming x product

The idea is that it makes people go “oh ya I should order a 24 pack again”.

drat could really go for some lukewarm Hooters chicken wings delivered rn!!!!

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Xaris posted:

the worst ad reads are on bein Ian because Ian is so pathetic being a whiny begging bitch that it’s uncomfortable cringe

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

Dalmuti posted:

Don't gently caress with mawmaw clan

MaMa is not the law, I am the law.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

red scaredy cat

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

yellowcar posted:

that thursday boots ad was incredible. also i think they did a copyright strike against it or something because i can't find it clipped on youtube

thalweg
Aug 26, 2019

Squashy posted:

The Dollop's 10 (20?) minutes of adreads at the start of their show was the worst poo poo ever. Haven't listened to them in years because of it

Ads sprinkled in the middle of eps are worse, at least the beginning you can just fast forward and then be done

But i dont know how you read 10 minutes of ads without feeling your soul withering up and blowing away, let alone doing it for hundreds of episodes

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I appreciate nothing more than how We Hate Movies plays Tijuana Taxi over all of their ad reads so they're super easy to skip over

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

crepeface posted:

that thursday boots ad was incredible. also i think they did a copyright strike against it or something because i can't find it clipped on youtube

i posted the betdsi one because i couldn't find thursday boots

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

i posted the betdsi one because i couldn't find thursday boots

that one youtube guy has taken down so many clips, it's impossible to find the smaller bits

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

i think the stephen paddock betdsi is in some compilation

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

betdsi dot com home of the bump stock

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Frosted Flake posted:

What was the wife loving thing they were joking about at the start of the last Chapo? Who is no jumper?

if you really want to know............. https://knowyourmeme.com/editorials...n-luv-explained

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

the wife looks like if aubrey plaza was a hairdresser at an ulta in newark nj.

in a good way

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

the wife looks like if aubrey plaza was a hairdresser at an ulta in newark nj.

in a good way

this sounds mighty specific

e: omfg she really does. nj ftl

Xaris has issued a correction as of 03:09 on Aug 15, 2023

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I constantly bitch about this happening on We Hate Movies, it makes no sense that they don't provide an ad free feed for their paterons

insane clown pussy
Jun 20, 2023

it was nice of riley reid to stick up for them at least

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

AnimeIsTrash posted:

This is the worst part of the early Age of Napoleon episodes. It's so loving distracting.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Xaris posted:

this Machine Kills and Tech Won’t Save Us have been on absolute war path blaze of tech terror recently and it owns

the 2 most cspam podcasts after trueanon. would highly recommend adding them to your podcast player

does it work on kingdex?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Tankbuster posted:

does it work on kingdex?

TWSU is completely free. https://www.techwontsave.us/episodes or https://feeds.buzzsprout.com/1004689.rss. I still donate to Paris's patreon because he's cool and does good work.

TMK is half free feed/half premium feed. hypothetically it does work from Kingdex but the torrents have been broken for a month or 2 now. I usually use his podking mirror on Soulseek to download the premium episodes. But they do good stuff too so I might just sign up for the patreon at some point

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Xaris posted:

cumtown ad reads were hilariously good

maybe the most effective and funniest I’ve ever seen. the first and last time at that. rip cumtown

lemonparry has most of the same cumtown ad reads but the hosts are too scared (if this was 2013 you could even say cucks) to take the piss out of them, sadly

"loving a prostitute without a condom? Thats a real gamble. You know where else you can gamble? Bet DSI dot com"

insane clown pussy
Jun 20, 2023

mogga guys

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

We live in a fallen world.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
and people thought kali yuga was just a meme.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lol goons got on chapo

Throb Robinson
Feb 8, 2010

He would enjoy administering the single antidote to Leia. He would enjoy it very much indeed..
I think it's really funny that Red Scare becoming an overt right wing outlet for the dumbest people on x.com is already consuming them as the grognard incel audience doesn't seem to be on board at all.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

lol goons got on chapo

who

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

I was on chapo

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

goongrats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

lol goons got on chapo
chapo is a goon project, so yes