Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Lammasu posted:

I love how American gamers have achieved such Roman Emperor levels of decadence that screwing around on your computer for 10 minutes in exchange for free game pass is considered a waste of time.

Using money to avoid tedium is how money is generally spent after basic needs and small wants are met, yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Professor Beetus posted:

Having spent a couple months seeing if this poo poo was worth it, I think you people have no concept of how much time you are actually wasting on this bullshit. If you have a job, pets, family, hobbies, prepare food, go to the gym, sorry, it's not decadence to realize that it's a waste of loving time to give free market research to microsoft in exchange for like 1/100th of a dollar per minute

It was mentioned earlier, but this is just a skill issue. Lmao, why do people get so worked up about others giving up their mindshare for imaginary microsoft bucks?

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Not having to spend time to save money is like the entire point of having money.

But over here, in non-USA, there isn't that much MS Rewards stuff anyway. Only the ones you see on the Xbox.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

True. Why waste my gaming time to do menial poo poo? :homebrew:

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

I’ll admit the game pass quests might not be worth the hassle. But you can easily do the bing activities while making dinner/tv ad break/walking ur dog/on the can

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
those where you have to play a game and get like 250 points are pretty solid imo, sometimes getting me to check out random games, plus 50 points per achievement per day isn’t too shabby either. Far cry from financing me game pass but takes a decent chunk off those games that I do buy.

I just can’t keep those streaks going, I keep forgetting to open the rewards app :argh:

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums
Yeah i gave up in the streaks once they split the points between the 2 apps, I'll just collect whatever towards the end of the month generally works out for 3 free months every year

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Beat Gears of War 1 Remastered, was pretty good but man did it get a bit tedious in the back half between the game not giving you much in the way of good reason to change up your weapon loadout once you find an optimum one(particularly since you basically always want one of the assault rifles on you, and of the others it basically comes down to whether you prefer the sniper rifle or shotgun since the boom shot and torque bow* both have crippling ammo supply issues since they can't get refilled by ammo boxes, only from enemies dropping them) and the fact that dealing with anything besides basic Locust enemies(Berserkers, the Corpser, the Brumak, Seeders, Kryll, General RAAM) ends up being an obnoxious time wasting gimmick rather than something actually fun, from my recollection both 2 and 3 are better about both of those points

Also not sure if it was like this in the original 360 version or it's just an issue with the remaster but the AI in this was incredibly jank at even the best of times

*the torque bow has such a great concept behind it but in actual execution it's honestly pretty awful, it's just so clunky to use for rather mediocre results

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Why am I still waiting on my Xbox UI update. I have been forsaken.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

John F Bennett posted:

they saw you were playing Redfall and realised you'd accept any old poo poo

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best
They passed me over too, don’t know what I did. Maybe too much halo

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Quantum of Phallus posted:

they saw you were playing Redfall and realised you'd accept any old poo poo

hosed up if true.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Game. Pass. Update.

COMING:
Today: Everspace 2 (Cloud and Xbox Series X|S)
Aug 17: Firewatch (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Aug 18: The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Aug 29: Sea of Stars (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Sept 5: Gris (Cloud, Console, and PC)

GOING:
Leaving Aug 31:
Black Desert (Cloud and Console)
Commandos 3 – HD Remaster (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Immortality (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Nuclear Throne (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Surgeon Simulator 2 (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Tinykin (Cloud, Console, and PC)

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Tinykin was a goty contender for me. Love its whole deal.

Excited to muck around with Everspace 2.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

External Organs posted:

Tinykin was a goty contender for me. Love its whole deal.

Excited to muck around with Everspace 2.

Yeah Tinykin rules. Thanks to whomever reco'd that to me in this thread. First game I 100%d in a while. And my kids loved it too.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It was me. You’re welcome.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

The Kins posted:

Game. Pass. Update.

COMING:

GOING:
Leaving Aug 31:
Of all the games to not put on PC Game Pass, they choose Everspace 2?

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

FlamingLiberal posted:

Of all the games to not put on PC Game Pass, they choose Everspace 2?

It maybe already is? PC version has been out for a few months iirc

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
Yes the Windows version of Everspace 2 is already on Game Pass (PC). The new Xbox version is launching straight to Game Pass.

Also +1 for people to try out Tinykin before it leaves. :hmmyes:

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best
I am downloading tinykin (via old dashboard). If it’s not good then I'm going to blame some of the people in this room; and then I do not forgive.

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-

quote:

EVERSPACE™ 2 is a fast-paced single-player spaceship shooter with worthwhile exploration in space and on planets, tons of loot, RPG elements, mining, and crafting. Experience a thoughtful sci-fi story, set in a vivid, handcrafted open world full of secrets, puzzles, and perils.

"worthwhile" exploration is a funny way to put it, is that supposed to contrast it against the practically infinite, procedurally generated space games like Elite: Dangerous or NMS?

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Hell yeah I was halfway through fire watch when they took it off gamepass a few months ago.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Crafty posted:

I am downloading tinykin (via old dashboard). If it’s not good then I'm going to blame some of the people in this room; and then I do not forgive.

It’s only a good game if you have the new dashboard.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Crafty posted:

If you don't like Tinykin we don't want to talk to you anyway

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got
Is Everspace 2 better with KB+M or controller? I had it on my PC play later list but couch and controller is appealing

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

The Kins posted:

Game. Pass. Update.

COMING:

GOING:
Leaving Aug 31:

firewatch is the best walking sim not called what remains of edith finch and if you've somehow not played it by now, do so imo

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Firewatch it on YouTube

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

John F Bennett posted:

Huzzah, I finally have it!

I guess it's really just the same but slightly different.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

Am I imagining it or isn’t there a way to make it so games will download from one Xbox to another on the same network instead of going through the whole download process again?

I have 2 Xbox one Ses and 1 series x on the network. I’m going to be replacing one of the One Ses with another series x that I just picked up but Jedi survivor is 130 gb or some poo poo and I’d rather let it local copy instead of choking my bandwidth all day that’s an option. Fwiw I have gigabit Ethernet through the house but lame rear end Comcast 500mb service to the outside world.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Copy to external drive and then copy to Xbox?

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

otter posted:

Am I imagining it or isn’t there a way to make it so games will download from one Xbox to another on the same network instead of going through the whole download process again?

I have 2 Xbox one Ses and 1 series x on the network. I’m going to be replacing one of the One Ses with another series x that I just picked up but Jedi survivor is 130 gb or some poo poo and I’d rather let it local copy instead of choking my bandwidth all day that’s an option. Fwiw I have gigabit Ethernet through the house but lame rear end Comcast 500mb service to the outside world.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-network/console/enable-network-game-transfer-xbox-one

This Xbox support article says it is possible. Never done it myself. You have to enable it on the host and then the clients can connet and pick out games and apps.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

otter posted:

When I upgraded from XB1 to XSX, I just moved my external drives to the new Xbox and everything worked flawlessly. A few games updated to higher res textures and insisted on being moved to the internal drive, but that's it.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

MikeRabsitch posted:

Is Everspace 2 better with KB+M or controller? I had it on my PC play later list but couch and controller is appealing

I used controller on PC.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

firewatch is the best walking sim not called what remains of edith finch and if you've somehow not played it by now, do so imo

A correct post!

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

John F Bennett posted:

Huzzah, I finally have it!

I got it too, feels good man.

Tinykins is fun, I like doing kick flips on the soap

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I already purchased my copy of Tinykin but I feel sorry for the future game pass users who will miss out

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
I don't think the main mechanic of Immortality works right. I say "think" because they never explain it to you so maybe it's supposed to be janky like that. Also, it is one of the most pretentious pieces of media in history. Despite all that its strong performances made it an enjoyable experience for me.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

With immortality I find it's all about that Ah Ha moment where you see the other character for the first time and the mystery gets deeper.

I certainly enjoyed playing it and would recommend to anyone that likes FMV games.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Immortality starts out as an interesting sendup of seedy 70s exploitation films and concludes as what can only be described as a David Lynch movie written by someone with a 75 IQ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Tsietisin posted:

With immortality I find it's all about that Ah Ha moment where you see the other character for the first time and the mystery gets deeper.

I certainly enjoyed playing it and would recommend to anyone that likes FMV games.

I don't even like FMV games and Immortality was my GOTY.

So many woah moments.