Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fagtastic
Apr 9, 2009

I may have sucked robodick, fucked a robot in the exhaust, been fucked by robots & enjoy it to the exclusion of human partners; at least I'm not a goddamn :roboluv:

Boba Pearl posted:

[==Chapter: 01 - Princess==]
[Page: 11]
[Title: Roasted]
Sickening thing

[-=Author Notes=-]
A man who resembles melted wax or rotten ham

I like the design of this hat guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

Fagtastic posted:

I like the design of this hat guy.

The lighting on the panel with the face closeup is in stark contrast with every other panel making it even more eye catching.

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

School of World

Witches get Stitches

this'll probably be a 5-parter?

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
The hat is definitely from Bloodborne, and I wanted to create someone really offputting, I'm glad people like him. I even gave him weird beetle magic. Just tried my best to create a gross glistening dude with greasy hair.

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

Witches Get Stitches- I spotted Ultros

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Witches get Stitches already rules, I love it.

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

Wide shots kind of a rough combo of k6bd and 10 earth shattering blows. Man the caravan pursuit madmax chapter in TESB was so good, I miss that part of that comic.

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

The Accidental Space Spy

Hempuli posted:

457 - Give her this note
458 - Translator or interior decorator?
459 - Staggeringly improbable
460 - Under a table
461 - Reminds you of anything?
462 - A man comes out of the men’s room

463 - Washing her tentacles

464 - Then now she must think

465 - A nice and interesting job

Alien species seen: 122
:biotruths:: 31
Talking character deaths: 55
Deaths overall: 89+

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

CrocodileKingSaysNO posted:

Man the caravan pursuit madmax chapter in TESB was so good, I miss that part of that comic.
I feel like we're just in a brief interlude between chase scenes, like we had between the desert fort escape at the beginning of the comic and the mad max chase. (The latter of which I think actually formed the bulk of the comic by page count so far!)

Owl at Home
Dec 25, 2014

Well hoot, I don't know if I can say no to that

Tenebrais posted:

Webtoon comics are encouraged to design like this. Well, sort of. What they're actually encouraged to do is space out panels with entire screens' worth of white space. But some comics do it fairly well.

Getting comic pages off webtoon is kind of a pain and with that kind of poor layout there's not many people posting any here.

I usually don't like the vertical scroll format that much but The Djinn takes it and really makes it work, I'm very impressed with what it's accomplished. The artist has a strong eye for composition and flow.

Timelets

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Owl at Home posted:

I usually don't like the vertical scroll format that much but The Djinn takes it and really makes it work, I'm very impressed with what it's accomplished. The artist has a strong eye for composition and flow.

Timelets

scrolling this one up and down with my mouse wheel was pretty fun

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

The Adventures of Dr. McNinja - Issue #7: "Spooky Stuff"

"My idea of a vampire lair is a cross between Interview With a Vampire and that episode of Seinfeld where Kramer wants to do up his apartment in levels."

"Catering is a MESSED UP scene, man."

Ditocoaf has a new favorite as of 03:02 on Aug 15, 2023

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

lmao

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

scrolling this one up and down with my mouse wheel was pretty fun

Okay fine.
I didn't forget how you saved my sister in the jungles of the Amazon, she was about to make some bad purchases.

And now my debt is filled.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Last time in Vigils for Friends:

Today, a shorter update than usual reveals Jean's horrifying secret, and the end of part II of this story!

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

been working a lot this week so i haven't been drawing. i have plenty of notes and annotations in a notepad, but a lot of them are just a single joke and i have to figure out how to make that into a whole scene without making it feel like it's padding or that i'm unnecessarily drawing out the punchline. i also had some ideas recently for not-necessarily-jojo-related jokes and comics that i might try to do later as filler or for when i need a break from drawing big time abs, biceps, and thighs. the terrifying part of going through with that plan is facing the possibility that the jokes don't land and i look like an rear end or (arguably worse) the ideas i have aren't actually funny.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Valhalla

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

BULLSHIT JOBS
by Krish Raghav

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

The Saddest Rhino posted:

HEAVEN AND EARTH AND A STRAND OF FUR

ZHUANGZI SPEAKS 庄子说

SIZE AND LIMITS

STATUS AND THE DAO

ALTERNATING FUNCTIONS

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

once you get into crypto you're definitely bullshit tho

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Synthbuttrange posted:

once you get into crypto you're definitely bullshit tho

The guy appears to be a scalper so he's bullshit already.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Fair, but 4-5 figure sneakers are also bullshit so maybe it evens out. vOv

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

false knees
18SEP2018 - 31OCT2018
apparently these guys are juncos, a bird i did not know about

false knees
09NOV2018 - 22DEC2018

lol get hosed cardinal

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Emzedoh posted:

Yuuyake doesn't cook, she manufactures. Was anyone else a little surprised by this? Hang on though, she was fiddling with that giant cake a couple chapters ago, what's up with that?
Option 1: she manufactured it and then customised it by hand
Option 2: she's legitimately good at baking and didn't have a "that specific cake" machine/just likes baking so she baked it by hand. The saying "cooking is art, baking is science" seems like it could be relevant here.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Boba Pearl posted:

[==Chapter: 01 - Princess==]
[Page: 11]
[Title: Roasted]
Sickening thing

[-=Author Notes=-]
A man who resembles melted wax or rotten ham

aaaa the lighting in this panel is so good

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

fritz posted:

School of World

OK I'm on board

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Splicer posted:

Option 2: she's legitimately good at baking and didn't have a "that specific cake" machine/just likes baking so she baked it by hand. The saying "cooking is art, baking is science" seems like it could be relevant here.

I like option better but I'm not sure I can justify why without sounding like a snob.

Emzedoh posted:

Takako-san chapter 52

Takako-san chapter 53
Takako vs public works.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Sometimes, I think inconvenience is perhaps criminally underrated, having everything easy and instantly, I really don't think it's good for people.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Splicer posted:

since tall cakes like that are usually a bunch of layers stacked up, it makes sense that she could have a machine that makes all the round layers and a machine that makes frosting, then stuck em together/decorated by hand. i guess that's your option 1

although the "accessibility of machines" idea could go hand in hand with baking, since anyone who is capable of following directions can do it. but if she's like me (and probably most engineers) she'd rather spend 10x the time making a machine that does all the steps right every time, and then never have to think about it again, lol

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Donald Duck - The Lord of the Pan

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.
Took me 3 days to get up to speed with this thread.
Lots of nice stuff to read, but gently caress, it moves fast.

I was gonna post an old project of mine in the making comics thread, but somebody suggested to post it here.
But let me know if it's too much for this bullet paced thread.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
I LOVE IIIIIIIT

I mean
Um, good brushwork

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

It's good.

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

That owns, thanks for posting it!

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Did you ever play the flash game Machinarium, mrfart?

rocketbrah
Sep 24, 2003

it's peanut butter
⚡ MORPHIN' TIME ⚡
The Djinn, by 深海巨狗 (read left to right)

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I love Tower and BS jobs.

Owl at Home
Dec 25, 2014

Well hoot, I don't know if I can say no to that

Aah!! Thank you! :kiddo:

Prince Valiant in the Days of King Arthur (July 6-20, 1941)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Fantastic work! :golfclap:

John Doe