Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Underneath he has a velvet, yummy tummy you wish you could just stroke and squish all day! Ahh! But on top... On top it's a whole different story... On top he is a scary stiff stabber!
(10) Week Five Summary

Council Meeting

I don't know what was in that roasted hog that we had for lunch but it's going right through me! Let's get this meeting over with quickly as I'm starting to feel another rumble. Which camp should we send General Stan to first?

SimplyUnknown1: Clearing the camps should be our highest priority, and I believe we should clear Post West first, as it is closest to one of our roads. If any guests coming for the wedding arrive by that road, they would potentially be in great danger.

Bregor: The ones to the north and west look fairly close, are connected by a road, and have the shelter of the surrounding forest if Stan were forced to pursue them. However, to the east there lies a single camp in the open, without nearby support, ready to be struck down. Send General Stan to the east and cut down the barbarians in the open. In the coming weeks, hopefully we will have more generals or more intelligence on the enemy's movements and strategy. Then the king's forces can attend to the other camps.

jkq: Send Stan east, how did they even get around the castle to begin with? We don't want them to attack us from the back when we engage the other two camps.

Level Seven: Send Stan east, it looks easier to attack than the west camp and we want to avoid a pincer assault from them.

Slaan: My Lords, Post North is nearest my own holdings, so obviously the general must strike there first.

PurpleXVI: Post East: It doesn't do to let them surround us, and it's probably the one they can replace with the least ease.

We shall send Stan eastwards right away! No doubt he will have a report for us soon enough. Now, onto the matter of the tavern owner. What say you on his offer of 1 gold each week?

NeoRonTheNeuron: Allow the successful innkeeper to get by with 1 gold/week. We gave the man 7 gold, so 1/gold per week in perpetuity is fair recompense. Requesting 3 or 4 gold per week would be too much. It might cause the inn to fail or worse, discourage future entrepreneurs from developing our kingdom.

Slaan: This innkeep is far too insolent. First we build his inn for him with the realm's resources and then he lies to our face about what he can pay back. We must demand the four gold per week to ensure no other self important yeoman tries to cheat our Majesty.

jkq: Demand 3 gold, he shouldn't have bragged about how important it is. Plus, we probably paid for the majority of the costs earlier.

PurpleXVI: Accept his offer of one gold a week: It doesn't do to strangle the golden goose. Getting free money is excellent in any case.

SimplyUnknown1: As we invested the crown's funds in this inn, we deserve some payment. However, we should also not allow ourselves to be duped. 1 gold is far too little repayment. Push for three gold.

Level Seven: 1 gold/week is fine, if we push too hard and the tavern fails then the initial investment was pointless.

Bregor: It is wonderful that the merchant's inn is thriving, but his boasting does not match his offer of tribute. If this inn has indeed become a popular and profitable destination, then ask for three gold per week from the merchant.

McGavin: And the Lord spake, saying, “First shalt thou construct the tavern. Then shalt thou take three gold, no more, no less. Three shall be the gold thou shalt take, and the number of the gold taken shall be three. Four shalt thou not take."

Is it Saint Attila's Day already? We shall demand 3 gold each week! But if you ask me, he's making so much money he probably wouldn't have batted an eyelid if we demanded more from him. Let's move on quickly to this business of the missing cattle, my tunic was freshly cleaned this morning and I don't want to have to send it back again so soon!

jkq: Give 5 supplies, it's not like they can eat the gold, they'd have to go buy food anyways. We have a lot of things requiring gold right now (the loan, the wedding) and not as much for supplies.

PurpleXVI: Give them five supplies: We have a surplus of supplies at the moment, lets help them out.

Bregor: More attacks on our villages? Our people need us more than ever. Offer their representative five supplies, but this trend of preying on the vulnerable is most troubling!

Slaan: Monsters with steel don't exist. This peasant lies to us again. Those, like myself, with holdings near the invaders need the resources more. Send him off.

Level Seven: Send supplies, we have a higher need for gold at the moment.

NeoRonTheNeuron: 5 supplies to the cattle person.

SimplyUnknown1: Providing 5 goods makes the most sense for the missing cattle scenario, as giving out money would only be used to purchase replacement goods. Might as well cut out the middleman while we have supplies to spare.

Good, good. 5 supplies it is. Now, the wedding. Band? Flowers? Quickly now...

Bregor: Last week I thought we had enough supplies for flowers, and now I'm not so sure... Likewise, this week it looks like we could afford the band, but I would like to be more prudent for now. No further spending on the wedding, but I'm sure the coming weeks will bring better fortune.

Level Seven: Hire a band, let's get wait for fresher flowers closer to the date.

Slaan: A band my Liege

PurpleXVI: Hire a band: A wedding without music is just eating food while watching people kiss, it isn't a real party. The band isn't simply a luxury, its a necessity for the integrity of the realm. Everyone would laugh at us if they knew we held a wedding without music.

SimplyUnknown1: As we have the money now, I see no reason not to hire a band this week. After all, it might take time to locate skilled musicians to play during the wedding.

NeoRonTheNeuron: Let's hire a band so they can practice and buy the flowers at the end.

jkq: Hire the band so that they can start practicing.

A band it is! Sorry for rushing off, see you next week!

Decisions have been made for both of you. As for your offer of one gold per week, you must be joking! This is ridiculously low! I want 3 pieces of gold. I think this will be fair for both parties.

Hmmm... I guess you're right, Your Grace. Three pieces of gold it is, then! Ehh, it was worth a shot...

As for you, please approach my throne. Take these 5 supplies. That should replace your cattle, and get you something to eat for a while.

That's perfect. Thank you, Your Grace!

Your Grace, after much debate we believe that it would be pertinent to send General Stan to the post in the east.

Have you had time to consider our chat regarding Asalia?

I'm not sure whether her future husband would approve of this new hobby of hers but in these dangerous times, she should learn how to defend herself.

I shall inform her momentarily. Has Aurelea been rearranging things in here again? I wish I could have a snooze right now... I have plenty to do, though. There's Aurelea's dresser, where she gets ready for the day. This fireplace is full of ash. It's quite cosy here in the evenings, though. Are these new pictures?

Yes, my love. Audry told me that he has hired an artist so I asked him if I could have some new paintings to brighten up the room. Also, please be careful of my new needles, you know how much I like to knit and I've just bought these from the marker.

The Grey Mountains. They seem much bigger in real life than they are in this painting. A painting of a stork? We get a lot of storks, here in Davern. They are very graceful birds. I should go and speak to Asalia, but before I do I'll make sure that I'm looking as handsome as ever.

drat, I look so tired... Or maybe I'm just old.

Asalia! I have decided that I will train you. I will find you when I have a while.

I suppose that'll be never then. We hardly do anything any more.

Talys would tell you otherwise, trust me.

End Of Week Five!

Archives

Radovian Bite

A Thief In Disguise

Tavern Business

Asalia

Cedani

Aurelea

Radovia Stole Cattle

Rocket Baby Dolls fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Aug 9, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
Even with the loan payment, we're at +6 gold per week, not too shabby!

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
So guess at this point also we wanna try and start getting a buffer on stuff! We may not have the time to build up a reserve for later. I'm sure that things will get worse!

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Underneath he has a velvet, yummy tummy you wish you could just stroke and squish all day! Ahh! But on top... On top it's a whole different story... On top he is a scary stiff stabber!
I've spent the last couple of hours putting together the next update but I'll wait until tomorrow to post it. It's getting late and I need to be up early so I don't want to post it in a rush before I've had a chance to look at things with fresh eyes.

I've also edited the first update (01) to make it more in line with the format of how the LP has gone so far. I'll be editing the next several updates after that at some point as well, including restoring people's council meeting posts to their actual quotes instead of editing them for the updates.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Let's Play: Yes, Your Grace - (11) An Almost Cure-All?

No sign of the Radovians at the East post, Your Grace. There was nothing left behind.

Your Grace, I think... I know, that they are after me.

Who are you talking about?

Yesterday... When I went to bed, someone was in my room. They moved the candles... They left them on the window sill. I never leave my candles on the window sill... Your Grace...

Have you seen Lorsulia, darling?

I think she's still locked up in her chamber. She's refusing to come out. I think it's best to give her some time.

I don't know what to do, darling. The wedding is so close. I wanted her to help me pick the flowers, but she won't talk to me... I suppose you're right though. I will get back to the preparations.

Of course, my sweetest.

Your Grace, yet another village has been raided by Radovian forces. Should we aid them in their time of need?

This could have great effect on your people's contentment, Your Grace. We can't allow Radovia to threaten our land.

Hmm, we only have one general and we can't send him everywhere at once. Wait in the foyer, I'll summon you once a decision has been made.

What do you have there, merchant?

Your Grace, I bring you a mixture that can cure illness. Works... Most of the time! Cures... Almost anything! You won't find anything better for five pieces of gold!

A cure for almost anything? Please wait in the foyer, I need to decide whether to take this offer seriously or not.

There's still time until the wedding. We should check out the Radovian posts when there's a chance, Your Grace.

It's eerily quiet this week. I'm guessing that everyone is keeping out of trouble with the wedding preparations.

Darling?

The big day is in three weeks!

I can't believe how fast the time flies! Lorsulia doesn't really want to get involved with the wedding preparations, so everything's on my head!

She'd be less upset is she understood that this is the best option we have. Do you think we should tell her about the promise?

No! Eryk! How do you think she would react? She would hate us forever, for promising her before she was even born... She can never find out about this.

Council Meeting

Welcome to the sixth weekly council meeting. Apart from a couple of new petitions, it's business as usual this week with the wedding and the Radovians. I'll begin with the least complicated order of business and one that I believe we will be able to resolve swiftly.

We still need to supply flowers for the wedding and we have more than enough supplies to cover these costs. Shall I go ahead and send people out to buy the flowers or should we hold off for another week?

There are still two weeks until the wedding and there are still two outposts that we need to clear out. General Stan reported this morning that the east post was deserted but we might not have the same luck with the other two. To make things even more complicated, Radovian forces raided a nearby village. An extra general would have been very useful in this situation but alas, we need to make do with what we have. We can send Stan to Post North or we can send Stan to Post West. But we can send Stan to the village instead, but he will be gone for two weeks.

The last order of business is a bit of an odd one. Our last petitioner was a merchant from another land but he never said where they were from. Even though I could understand what they were trying to say to us their use of our language was very broken. They were offering us medicine but they couldn't tell us what it is or what it does apart from that it cures almost anything and it works most of the time. As much as they could be selling us sugar water, they could also be telling us the truth that they have some sort of miracle cure on their hands. Who knows what we can do with it? The King could offer it to King Talys as a cure for his wife or maybe we can give it to the next villager who tells us about a sickness in their village. Should we buy the mysterious medicine or should we tell them that we aren't interested?

Before we take a break I'd like to inform you that we are now able to make use of the royal pigeons. Well, pigeon as we only have one right now. We can use our pigeon to call someone to court each week but it may be best if we only call someone if we have some business to conduct with them. If you believe that we need to invite someone to our court then please feel free to be vocal about it when we return.

Rocket Baby Dolls fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Aug 5, 2023

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Just to make things clearer with Stan, it won't be a losing scenario if we don't clear out all of the posts. There will be a minor penalty for not clearing them but there will also be one if we don't send him to the village, so either way we'll take a small hit. I won't divulge in what way and how much.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Your grace, how can your daughter be the flower girl if there aren't any flowers? Finish the wedding preparations now.

The outposts are a potential problem for the future, but our village is a known problem of immediate peril: Send stan to the villiage

My lord this man is clearly a snake oil peddling in... you've already bought the medicine, haven't you?

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

I've just read further into the medicine, I (edit: have) revise(d) the council meeting notes.

Rocket Baby Dolls fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Aug 5, 2023

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Send our general to the post north post haste, if we clear our the camps then maybe the attacks will stop. If we play defense to one village then they could just attack a different village and we’d waste our time.

Finish the wedding preparations so that we can assure ourselves with wielding control over whatever left we have influence over

There seems to be no need to invite anyone. Do not send pigeons. Unless we can find some other pretense to invite Ada.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
No flowers for now my lord. We need to have them freshly picked, no wilting allowed!

My holdings to the North require a good sweep from our military. If those cads trample my tenant farmers fields, they won't be able to pay rent and so they would starve over winter when I took what they do have. And that would be terrible...

Buy the medicine as I trust this merchant more than some leechmonger

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Vote for Pigeon to Ada

She seems cool! (I can't recall, did we already meet her or not?) I mean an ally is an ally.

Send Stan to the village.

Buy Medicine unless it costs more than we can finish wedding.

If not, then Finish wedding.

If can do both, also buy medicine.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

sb hermit posted:

There seems to be no need to invite anyone. Do not send pigeons. Unless we can find some other pretense to invite Ada.

There may be a reason to invite someone depending on how the votes go with one option.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

wedgekree posted:

Vote for Pigeon to Ada

She seems cool! (I can't recall, did we already meet her or not?) I mean an ally is an ally.

Send Stan to the village.

Buy Medicine unless it costs more than we can finish wedding.

If not, then Finish wedding.

If can do both, also buy medicine.

I think Ada was the individual who wanted a BOLO (be on the lookout) on a shady merchant.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Ada’s visit:

Rocket Baby Dolls posted:

Your Grace, you called for me? I always forget how beautiful this castle is, Your Grace. I really should visit Grevno more often. Nevertheless, Your Grace, I have a favour to ask of you.

Thank you, what can I do for you?

There is a nefarious thief going from Lord to Lord, pretending like he needs help. He convinced other nearby Lords to give him gold... Including me! He always says he's a merchant and his goods have been stolen. I'm sure he will visit you sooner or later.

What did he look like? Was he wearing anything specific? Did anything stand out?

He was wearing a dirty cream apron and a dark green shirt. Ohh! And he was wearing a hat!

What do you want me to do? Let's say he does show up to my Throne Room. And I recognise him.

All I ask of you is to imprison him. I don't want you to lose gold like I did. Once you have him in your Dungeons... Send a pigeon for me, and I will deal with him.

I will keep an eye out for him. If I find him, I will send for you as soon as possible.

Thank you very much, Your Grace!

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

There may be a reason to invite someone depending on how the votes go with one option.

That’s true. I admit I purposefully did not say anything about the cure-all and I knew that having it would probably warrant a pigeon to Talys.

BassMug
Jul 19, 2022

FoolyCharged posted:

Your grace, how can your daughter be the flower girl if there aren't any flowers? Finish the wedding preparations now.

The outposts are a potential problem for the future, but our village is a known problem of immediate peril: Send stan to the villiage

My lord this man is clearly a snake oil peddling in... you've already bought the medicine, haven't you?

I concur with Foolycharged, and further add that if this medicine actually works, perhaps we can heal Talys’s attitude problem. Err, that is, perhaps it’d help his wife.

jkq
Nov 26, 2022
Do not buy the flowers yet, we should wait until the last minute, or they'll wilt and we'll look like idiots. This also gives us a chance to save up some money in the treasury.

Send Stan to the west post, the village has already been raided, so let's try and prevent more problems by going after the posts. The west one looks like it's closer to the road, so we should check that one first.

Use the pigeon to call Talys and have him meet with the "miracle medicine" vendor. I personally have my doubts about its usefulness, but Talys can decide if he wants to have his wife try it or not.

NeoRonTheNeuron
Oct 14, 2012
We must defend our people. Send Stan to the village.

The flower should be pre-purchased with delivery scheduled in-time for the wedding. Advance notice will allow us to secure the best flowers and design a fine arrangement. (i.e., yes to flowers as long as the purchase is sensible. There should be no flower wilting.)

No pigeons. No medicine We shouldn't waste the time of our allies, especially during wartime. King Talys would not be fooled by the shady merchant either.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Send Stan to the village and see if we can catch them.

We should also buy the flowers, but let's tell the mystery merchant to get lost.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

jkq posted:

Do not buy the flowers yet, we should wait until the last minute, or they'll wilt and we'll look like idiots. This also gives us a chance to save up some money in the treasury.

Send Stan to the west post, the village has already been raided, so let's try and prevent more problems by going after the posts. The west one looks like it's closer to the road, so we should check that one first.

And kick the snake oil salesman out without buying his fake medicine. Talys will find ways to hate us even more when it inevitably doesn't work.

SimplyUnknown1
Aug 18, 2017

Cat Cat Cat
Do not buy the flowers yet. I concur that we should try to save up some more money in the treasury for now.

Send General Stan to the west post. Odds are that the raid came from one of the posts anyways, so we would be killing two birds with one stone by clearing out the posts.

I actually believe we should purchase the medicine. Not to use, but rather to examine it. If it is a scam as many of you believe, then we'll have evidence to lock this merchant away. If it does turn out to be real, however, we can potentially learn how to make it ourselves and save the money in the long run.

Because we do not know if the cure-all is real or not, I would hold off on sending any pigeons this week. No need to antagonize our allies.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
No flowers, send Stan NORTH, buy the medicine.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

It's worth noting the flowers cost Supplies, not Gold.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Quackles posted:

It's worth noting the flowers cost Supplies, not Gold.

We have 38 supplies and we're earning 9 a week. The flowers won't wilt before the wedding, just think of them as a pre-order. You buy them now and they deliver fresh ones on the day.

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm
Order the flowers this week since freshness is no longer a concern.

Send Stan to the north post and systematically clear them out. I sympathize with the villagers but the sooner the military camps are dealt with the more likely the Radovians will run on their own without backup.

Buy that medicine, five gold for a cure-all is a steal!

No messages this week. Not without a good reason.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Order the flowers! Fortune smiles upon thee, your Grace, as there are indeed fewer petitioners this week. I feel confident that our reserve of supplies can take a hit for the royal wedding.

Send General Stan to the post west. It is along a roadway, and closer to the castle than the post north. It must be dealt with if guests are to come to Grevno is just a few short weeks, and perhaps striking their bases will lead to fewer raids on the villages.

Purchase the merchant's medicine for five gold. Seems like a small luxury, and it may make a difference to a friend down the line.

No pigeons this week. However King Talys will arrive for the wedding soon, perhaps we can share this elixir with him at that time.

And your Grace, what of the strange gentleman going on about his candles moving in the middle of the night? Has he seen a spook, specter, or ghost? Or perhaps just some elaborate prank... (Oh dear, I hope Asalia isn't sneaking out of the castle again...)

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

The votes are counted. My kid is going back to her mum's tomorrow evening and will be away for a week, so I'm hoping to have an update posted tomorrow night.

Flowers - 8
No Flowers - 5

Stan North - 4
Stan West - 4
Stan Village - 5

Buy Medicine - 8
Get to feck! - 3

No Pigeon - 5
Ada - 1
Talys - 1

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

I posted the wrong screenshots in the archives in the week five summary. I've updated the post with the correct entries:

Radovian Bite

A Thief In Disguise

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Edit: I'm an idiot, I did count the votes correctly.

Rocket Baby Dolls fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Aug 9, 2023

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

(12) Week Six Summary

Council Meeting

The adjournment is over and I hope that you are all refreshed. Let's move on to the business of the wedding preparations.

Foolycharged: Your grace, how can your daughter be the flower girl if there aren't any flowers? Finish the wedding preparations now.

I'm just a councillor and I would be honoured if my daughter was the flower girl, but I digress...

sb hermit: Finish the wedding preparations so that we can assure ourselves with wielding control over whatever left we have influence over

Slaan: No flowers for now my lord. We need to have them freshly picked, no wilting allowed!

jkq: Do not buy the flowers yet, we should wait until the last minute, or they'll wilt and we'll look like idiots. This also gives us a chance to save up some money in the treasury.

SimplyUnknown1: Do not buy the flowers yet. I concur that we should try to save up some more money in the treasury for now.

NeoRonTheNeuron: The flower should be pre-purchased with delivery scheduled in-time for the wedding. Advance notice will allow us to secure the best flowers and design a fine arrangement.

Quackles: We should also buy the flowers

Rogue AI Goddess: No flowers!

Level Seven: Order the flowers this week since freshness is no longer a concern.

Bregor: Order the flowers! Fortune smiles upon thee, your Grace, as there are indeed fewer petitioners this week. I feel confident that our reserve of supplies can take a hit for the royal wedding.

The flowers shall be ordered this week. Rest assured that we will be placing the order this week but they won't be delivered until they are needed for the wedding. I need to speak to the King about hiring another general as we are in a real bind this week. We need Stan in three places this week and we can only send him to one location. What are your thoughts on this matter?

Quackles: Send Stan to the village and see if we can catch them.

Bregor: Send General Stan to the post west. It is along a roadway, and closer to the castle than the post north. It must be dealt with if guests are to come to Grevno is just a few short weeks, and perhaps striking their bases will lead to fewer raids on the villages.

NeoRonTheNeuron: We must defend our people. Send Stan to the village.

wedgekree: Send Stan to the village.

Slaan: My holdings to the North require a good sweep from our military. If those cads trample my tenant farmers fields, they won't be able to pay rent and so they would starve over winter when I took what they do have. And that would be terrible...

jkq: Send Stan to the west post, the village has already been raided, so let's try and prevent more problems by going after the posts. The west one looks like it's closer to the road, so we should check that one first.

Rogue AI Goddess: Send Stan NORTH!

Level Seven: Send Stan to the north post and systematically clear them out. I sympathize with the villagers but the sooner the military camps are dealt with the more likely the Radovians will run on their own without backup.

SimplyUnknown1: Send General Stan to the west post. Odds are that the raid came from one of the posts anyways, so we would be killing two birds with one stone by clearing out the posts.

sb hermit: Send our general to the post north post haste, if we clear our the camps then maybe the attacks will stop. If we play defense to one village then they could just attack a different village and we’d waste our time.

FoolyCharged: The outposts are a potential problem for the future, but our village is a known problem of immediate peril: Send stan to the villiage

We could be here all evening debating this but we need to send Stan somewhere and there are more calls to send Stan to the village, although not by many. I'll send him and his troops there first thing in the morning, hopefully he will have some answers for us within the next couple of weeks. Now, what shall we do about this merchant peddling their concoction?

Level Seven: Buy that medicine, five gold for a cure-all is a steal!

FoolyCharged: My lord this man is clearly a snake oil peddling in... you've already bought the medicine, haven't you?

BassMug: I concur with Foolycharged, and further add that if this medicine actually works, perhaps we can heal Talys’s attitude problem. Err, that is, perhaps it’d help his wife.

Bregor: Purchase the merchant's medicine for five gold. Seems like a small luxury, and it may make a difference to a friend down the line.

NeoRonTheNeuron: No pigeons. No medicine We shouldn't waste the time of our allies, especially during wartime. King Talys would not be fooled by the shady merchant either.

Rogue AI Goddess: Buy the medicine.

Quackles: Tell the mystery merchant to get lost.

wedgekree: Buy Medicine unless it costs more than we can finish wedding.

Slaan: Buy the medicine as I trust this merchant more than some leechmonger

Black Robe: Kick the snake oil salesman out without buying his fake medicine. Talys will find ways to hate us even more when it inevitably doesn't work.

jkq: Use the pigeon to call Talys and have him meet with the "miracle medicine" vendor. I personally have my doubts about its usefulness, but Talys can decide if he wants to have his wife try it or not.

SimplyUnknown1: I actually believe we should purchase the medicine. Not to use, but rather to examine it. If it is a scam as many of you believe, then we'll have evidence to lock this merchant away. If it does turn out to be real, however, we can potentially learn how to make it ourselves and save the money in the long run. Because we do not know if the cure-all is real or not, I would hold off on sending any pigeons this week. No need to antagonize our allies.

Level Seven: Buy that medicine, five gold for a cure-all is a steal! No messages this week. Not without a good reason.

sb hermit: There seems to be no need to invite anyone. Do not send pigeons. Unless we can find some other pretense to invite Ada.

The matter is settled, we will purchase the medicine and keep it to ourselves for the moment until we decide what to do with it. I believe we are done here unless anyone else has anything further to add.

Bregor: What of the strange gentleman going on about his candles moving in the middle of the night? Has he seen a spook, specter, or ghost? Or perhaps just some elaborate prank...

I don't know what to make of this right now, Bregor. This man is scared and believes that someone, or something, is rearranging artefacts in his room. It could be that someone is trying to mess with his head, it could be that this is all in his head, or it could be that he is making all of this up. Maybe it is ghosts, who knows right now? All I do know is that this man was scared when he first visited our court and now he genuinely fears for his life. One thing that we do need to remember is that this man is a Lord so we shouldn't take this situation lightly. If he does return I will update you all on this situation. But for now, the meeting is over. I will see you all in a week's time!

Welcome back soldier! The Radovians are a constant threat and we have reports that there may be camps near the castle. We have a severe lack of manpower and there are more reports of Radovian raiding parties coming in each week. We shouldn't let them destroy our villages. Our General can station his men there for a little while. We need to make sure we are doing our best.

That's a good idea, Your Grace.

This medicine of yours might be useful. Here's the gold.

That's wonderful! Make sure to let me know if it works! I'm actually curious myself...

It's a lovely day today and the river is looking especially inviting. The river brings a lot of wildlife to the area.I enjoy the sounds of birds chirping away each morning.

This throne room is looking run down, as soon as the treasury starts filling up again I need to start repairing and redecorating to make this room fit for a King! That chandelier is so old and rusty, I hope it doesn't drop on my head. The arms on the wall are starting to fall apart. There's our shield with our kingdom's emblem, it was forged by a famous blacksmith from Grevno. These swords look quite sharp, but they are about a thousand years old.

Aurelea convinced me to have some plants here, it makes the place seem more friendly. I'm not sure if that's good or bad.

End Of Week Six!

Archive

Paranoid Lord

Radovia Raided a Village

Merchant - Medicine

Rocket Baby Dolls fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Aug 10, 2023

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Think we're reasonably solid for the moment. Paid for all hte wedding things, fair amount of gold/supplies on hand. We can probably work more on (for the moment) building up a reserve as I'm sure that we'll need it soon enough.

I'm sure that it will all go south as of next update, but still!

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Those green checks on our to-do list are great. And up to 22 contentment. Feels like we're doing okay!

*nervously waits for next week's petitioners*

jkq
Nov 26, 2022

SimplyUnknown1: I actually believe we should purchase the medicine. Not to use, but rather to examine it. If it is a scam as many of you believe, then we'll have evidence to lock this merchant away. If it does turn out to be real, however, we can potentially learn how to make it ourselves and save the money in the long run. Because we do not know if the cure-all is real or not, I would hold off on sending any pigeons this week. No need to antagonize our allies.

You've got SimplyUnknown1 in there twice.

That's wonderful! Make sure to let me know if it works! I'm actually curious myself...

:ughh:

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

jkq posted:

You've got SimplyUnknown1 in there twice.

:ughh:

Thank you, I've fixed it now.

Just think of all the fun that you can have with this medicine as we will have opportunities to give it to people.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Let's Play: Yes, Your Grace - (13) Slimy Characters!

Your Grace! Thanks to the new inn we've built our workers are happier, and work harder. We can plough much faster. We still need to maintain the inn, but I wanted to bring you something extra for the help. We'll be contributing 1 gold every week to the kingdom.

Thank you for returning to us with this wonderful news. I am pleased to hear that the inn is doing well and the village is prospering. We weren't expecting you to return to us and 1 gold a week is very generous indeed. I would first like to have a private discussion with my advisor. One of my servants will escort you to a place where you can enjoy our hospitality until I am ready to summon you again.

What are you hiding there, Pumpkin?

You said I can't have a cat, so I got myself a different pet!

I never said you can't have a cat, just not Lorsulia's one.

It's a snail! I found him in the gardens and I called him Smudge!

That's an unusual pet... and an original name.

He's nice, but he's not a cat. He's all slimy and sticky. Kind of gross... That's the best replacement I've found so far. Maybe if Lorsulia didn't have to leave, she could help me find something better.

Ivo will want Lorsulia by his side. Once your sister gets married, she will have to with Ivo. She has to support him. She can't stay with you forever, you know.

So there's no way?

No way.

I think he would love it in the Council Chamber, Father. When can I go back there?

You mean the snail? What was it, Smeary?

IT'S SMUDGE!

It's not that hard, Father. He smudges, that's why.

Yes, yes... Smudge. I'm afraid you won't be able to go to Council Chamber for a while though. King Talys is staying there until the wedding ceremony.

Your Grashe, I have a shmall favor to ashk of you - hic! Teeny tiny. Would you happen to have any shpare gold? You shee... One pieshe of gold ish all I ashk for. That way - hic! - I could get myshelf shome boo... um... bootsh! Yesh, that'sh it. Shome new bootsh, of courshe. I know thish ish rather unushual, but I would greatly appreciate the help. Sho... What shay you?

You're lucky that I'm in a good mood today as on another day I'd throw you in the dungeon for being drunk in my throne room! Go and have a lie down in one of the corridors and sober up while I discuss with my advisor to see if we can spare a coin.

Your Grace! My village has been raided by bandits.

Let me guess. There's a monster on their banners?

No, not at all... Locals, for sure, but they were armed. Our food supplies and cattle were stolen. We would greatly appreciate your support.

My General is currently away right now or I'd send him over to help. I need to talk to my advisor to see what we can do for you. Please go with my servant, you will be our guest until we make a decision.

Sounds like Radovia has copycats of sorts... Other bandits can now get away with their crimes more easily. They know the blame will fall on the Radovians and hope we won't look for them... Things will settle down after the wedding. I'm sure, Your Grace.

Your Grace, I've been robbed! I was on my way down to Hagos when a bunch of thugs threatened my life if I did not give them all my goods! Now I'm left with nothing and nowhere to go. Is there a chance I could count on your support?

Hmmm, I appreciate that you have come to me in this difficult time but something seems familiar about you. Please accompany my guard to one of the side rooms, I need to discuss something with my advisor.

Another quiet week, something I should be thankful for as there won't be any rest at all in a couple of weeks time. Aurelea is needing me, hopefully she heard from Lorsulia.

Darling?

Has Lorsulia spoken to you at all?

She hasn't... I'm very worried about her. She hasn't eaten anything for the past few days. I hope she'll forgive us for this one day...

I have this Medicine... I bought it from a merchant. Apparently it cures everything...

Do you think a mere potion from the market will cure my wife? Her illness is more than just a headache, Eryk!

Council Meeting

Welcome to the seventh meeting! I trust that you are all well. Apart from the impending threat from Radovian forces and the upcoming wedding, this has been another fairly quiet week. Before we begin the meeting proper I'll give you a summary of the ongoing situations.

We still have two posts to clear before the wedding but Stan is still away at the moment so it's looking unlikely that they will be cleared before the wedding. Talys is still residing in the castle while he looks for a cure for his wife. Our Grace decided to offer him the medicine that he bought from the merchant, needless to say, it did not go down very well with our guest. We do have some good news this week, the wedding preparations have been completed so we will be able to concentrate on court matters today.

It seems like the first inn that we have invested in has also become fruitful. The villager has returned and has offered us 1 gold a week to pay us back for our generosity. We could easily accept this offer and the King has decided that this is acceptable, but he is also thinking that our treasury is healthy right now and if we refuse the offer it will raise the happiness of our people. Should we accept the 1 gold a week or should we refuse it to raise happiness?

I don't even know why I'm bringing this up in a Council meeting of all places but a peasant came in off the street asking for us a gold piece for a new pair of boots. He was so drunk he could barely even walk let alone talk. The gall of the man to approach the King in this manner! Should we give him 1 gold piece or should we throw him back into the streets?

Now, onto some serious news. It's bad enough that the Radovians have started to raid our villages but now our people are starting to attack each other. A villager informed us that another settlement has stolen all of their supplies and cattle and it seems like they're using the Radovian raids as a cover. General Stan is unavailable to sort this mess out, unfortunately. We can give them 7 supplies to help them out or we can send them on their way.

The last order of business is an interesting one. Do you remember our visit from Ada? Well, it seems like the person that she is after has walked into our courtroom. I record all of the people who petition at our court and I have brought in the parchment from her visit a couple of weeks ago. Ah, here is the section right here:

He was wearing a dirty cream apron and a dark green shirt. Ohh! And he was wearing a hat!

I also had our resident artist paint a picture of him from my description. This is what he looks like

If you all believe that this is the man then we can imprison him. If not then we can compensate him 12 gold to cover his losses or tell him to get lost as it's an unfortunate risk in his profession. We could have sent Stan to investigate but you all know about that situation.

Invites

King Talys is already here so there is no need to invite him. If you do decide to imprison the Merchant then we can send a pigeon to Lady Ada with news of his arrest.

Inventory

I will keep a record of anything interesting in our inventory. Right now we only have this medicine, but I'm sure that we will find some use for it in the future.

Rocket Baby Dolls fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Aug 15, 2023

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

When King Talys said that he was going to make use of the Council Chamber I wasn't expecting him to be residing there on a semi-permanent basis. That explains the red arrow next to his name. As it turns out we didn't have to invite him after all and I decided to show off what happens when we offer him the medicine. I know beforehand that he wouldn't accept it so I wasn't worried about wasting it.

Edit: I wasn't sure if we could imprison more than one person with only one cell, it turns out that we can.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

The kingdom's coffers are healthy and our payments to the Bank de Florentini are almost at an end. I suggest we refuse the payments from the inn and allow the region to grow and thrive.

That poor drunkard is lucky our Grace is a kind and patient man, and the potions he quaffs also have a special power... to make him disappear. Send him to the dungeon until he has his wits about him.

Our people continue to need our support in this perilous time. Give the villager seven supplies, and let us hope we can find another general!

I'm sure there are many people who fit the description Ada provided for the swindler. However, we can't be too careful with the wedding fast approaching, and twelve gold pieces is so much to ask of the kingdom. Send for Ada and lock up the "merchant" until she arrives. We'll get to the bottom of this.

Finally, Cedani needs a proper pet! Is there no way to provide her with a kitten of her own? Maybe won as a prize at a local fair? They have one around these parts at least once a millennia.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Bregor posted:

The kingdom's coffers are healthy and our payments to the Bank de Florentini are almost at an end. I suggest we refuse the payments from the inn and allow the region to grow and thrive.

That poor drunkard is lucky our Grace is a kind and patient man, and the potions he quaffs also have a special power... to make him disappear. Send him to the dungeon until he has his wits about him.

Our people continue to need our support in this perilous time. Give the villager seven supplies, and let us hope we can find another general!

I'm sure there are many people who fit the description Ada provided for the swindler. However, we can't be too careful with the wedding fast approaching, and twelve gold pieces is so much to ask of the kingdom. Send for Ada and lock up the "merchant" until she arrives. We'll get to the bottom of this.

Finally, Cedani needs a proper pet! Is there no way to provide her with a kitten of her own? Maybe won as a prize at a local fair? They have one around these parts at least once a millennia.

We can't send the drunk guy to the dungeon, we can only refuse him. I probably should change the wording to make it clearer.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

What good is being a king if you can’t throw anyone and everyone in a dungeon? :v:

Away with him, then!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Most of these matters seem fairly obvious, really.

Accept the gold, kick out the drunk, give supplies to the village, lock up the conman and tell Ada we have him.