Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

but walks take time that could be used for posting on the computer??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once
[pretending like im not extremely jealous] going outside is stupid

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

but walks take time that could be used for posting on the computer??

lmfao genuinely one of the things running through my brain at full speed every time im out and about is "i should be at home working"

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style
You say I am doing worse and yet my posts keep getting better and better engagement

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
maaaan i bought a Switch recently and it owns but it is also such a heavy burden. i already have a hundred unplayed Steam games so my partner made me promise that if i buy a new console i don't go nuts buying up games i might never play--especially as nintendo games are more expensive. so i agreed to beat my current game before buying new ones.

i think it's fair..
but ive also seen some sweet deals for future games i want to play and the temptation has been real!

anyways what are the best Switch games, thread? i grabbed Link's Awakening remake because i never beat it as a kid and I plan to get SMTV and Metroid Dread in the future, but otherwise i am seriously out of the loop when it comes to switch games

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Going for a walk, looking for tsujigiri to test my new posts on

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style
Poke mons

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Sally posted:

maaaan i bought a Switch recently and it owns but it is also such a heavy burden. i already have a hundred unplayed Steam games so my partner made me promise that if i buy a new console i don't go nuts buying up games i might never play--especially as nintendo games are more expensive. so i agreed to beat my current game before buying new ones.

i think it's fair..
but ive also seen some sweet deals for future games i want to play and the temptation has been real!

anyways what are the best Switch games, thread? i grabbed Link's Awakening remake because i never beat it as a kid and I plan to get SMTV and Metroid Dread in the future, but otherwise i am seriously out of the loop when it comes to switch games

Any of them that can be played with a controller

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Sally posted:

i think it's fair..

Breath of the Wild & Tears of the Kingdom, Xenoblade trilogy

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Sally posted:

i think it's fair..

Switch Exclusives:

BotW/TotK
Metroid Prime Remastered
Super Mario Odyssey
Xenoblade Chronicles

Not Switch Exclusives, You Should Still Play Them If You Haven't Already IMO:

Nier Automata
Return of the Obra Dinn
13 Sentinels

Nintendowns good luck on not spending all your money on a million games

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Sally posted:

i think it's fair..

breath of the wild and tales of the kingdom, although i doubt you're that out of the loop

problem with totk is that if you play it first you won't enjoy botw as much.

problem with botw is that if you play it first you'll want a huge break before playing the phenomenal totk

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I feel ya. When you get to that point where you don't even remember the day of the week it is without having to check you know poo poo has gotten bad lol.

The pro move is to just wake up like that at all times, regardless of employment status.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once
skip BOTW imo, i thought it was pretty bad [controversial] and TOTK is an actual game that is fun

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Sally posted:

i think it's fair..

Here’s a grab bag of JRPGs:

Tokyo Mirage Sessions
FE 3 Houses
Xenoblade definitive edition
Phantasy Star: Sega Ages
Kowloon HS Chronicle
Labyrinth of Galleria
Chrono Cross

I think most of those are exclusive?

Edit: at least 2 of those aren’t

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

MK8

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

can't help but read that as "ninten downs"

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
yep

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Sally posted:

i think it's fair..

Animal Crossing, bro.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Sally posted:

i think it's fair..

The Xenoblade trilogy comes up a lot, but they are all sort of stand-alone games that don't require playing the others to understand. The little extra things you see are just like fun callbacks.

Xenoblade 1: The switch version is the Definitive Edition, and a lot of what you see people complain about refers back to the original Wii version. It's massively improved but still a sort of pseudo mmo with hundreds of fetch quests that thankfully auto-complete. Combat takes a bit to learn and doesn't fully open up until you get the Heropon. Probably a good 60-80 hours for a full playthrough if you like doing the side stuff and extras, trying to 100% this game is hell.

Xenoblade 2: Big switch jrpg that turned out to be wildly more successful then expected. The current version with the full DLC is highly recommended, as it adds a ton of stuff to sort of fix the biggest problem with the game, the gacha mechanic for getting rare blades. Combat has a moderate learning curve but playing through the story it slowly unlocks more and more stuff until 1/3rd of the way in before you're expected to fully use the mechanics, and even then the highest level stuff only comes up in boss fights. Lots of great sidequests especially the Blade stories, money becomes a non-issue at a certain point once you can afford gold fishing lures and access to the best fishing spot. Notorious for some really bad VA, allegedly one of the contracts where the actors were just given their script with the lines in alphabetical order and just read down the page. Also some people hate the large amount of big titty anime girls, but it's nothing beyond what you'd see on a pg-13 SFW tumblr.

Xenoblade 3: Haven't played, but is regarded as the best by a fair margin.

Re Zelda, if you plan to play them, you have to play Breath of the Wild first because it's sequel is such an insane improvement in every way I don't understand how anyone could go back and enjoy the original in the same way.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
I think you can play the BotW and TotK using an emulator. I know Homeless Friend posted about playing the former on a steamdeck, though it seemed complicated to do it.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Cranappleberry posted:

I think you can play the BotW and TotK using an emulator. I know Homeless Friend posted about playing the former on a steamdeck, though it seemed complicated to do it.

:goofy:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Xenoblade 2 is epic.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Xenoblade 2 is epic.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

pentyne posted:

Also some people hate the large amount of big titty anime girls,

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Oh it's you. The whore with the world's biggest monados.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Kazinsal posted:

seattle's the second largest metro area for tech in the US after san francisco, but the SF thread isn't a covid doomer paradise because tech people in SF actually go the gently caress outside and interact with the real world

Is there more days of clear skies in SF? Grey skies for 8 months straight does a number on the brain (source, did college in Vancouver BC)

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

its a me, the pinkertons

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
also i cant express enough that you should use the JP audio for XC2

the dub in XC3 is excellent by all accounts

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

very risky blowjob posted:

power move to declare that i can't be arsed in the middle of my 10,000 word post

if the post covers down past the bottom of the screen, it gets a single detent of a mouse wheel roll to see if it keeps going. if it finishes within that range, it might be worth the time to read.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Pyra ftw

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

XBC2 also has incredible DLC

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

Joey McChrist posted:

its a me, the pinkertons

Nintendo Assassin: sir, if I may, why drug them? It would be easier just to shoot and leave.
Nintendo Manager: killing someone instantly, robs them of explanation. They have no time to process their final moments. Now, even though they're paralyzed, their minds are able to understand why their lives are ending. We let them die with answers. Otherwise... we're nothing but ruthless murderers.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Joey McChrist posted:

its a me, the pinkertons

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Nhl9A5smo0

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020
Play Kirby and the Forgotten Land it's pure dopamine

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

mycatscrimes posted: