Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Comstar posted:

Well the closest comparison would be A.hitler getting stuck in prison for a few months.

What happened to the Nazi party during that time?

I think we all know how it went afterwards.

Hitler could actually right a book by himself though. Trump can't get a ghost writer so he's had to publish books of public domain photos and form letters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy

Lammasu posted:

Hitler could actually right a book .

Yeah but he still had to use a bookend to keep it there

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Mark your calendars folks, this should be a doozy.

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1691434198672842753

RIGGERS! But seriously is he going to lay out his entire case in public?

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Kammat posted:

It's going to be a large stack of blank papers. Trump is going to point to the large stack saying that within those papers is proof that he is right and everyone else is wrong. When asked if people can have a look at the large stack of papers he will say no. The conference will end then.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
Does he seriously think the court of public opinion will save him from judicial courts?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

He's further disqualifying himself from bond but he's probably past that point anyway.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Kammat posted:

His lawyers must want to shoot themselves seeing that. IANAL, but if I understand RICO, won't that just be added as another charge of the continuing conspiracy?

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Let me tell you about my crimes

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Kammat posted:

I fully expect that My Pillow guy to be involved with this.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Judge Schnoopy posted:

Acting like a mob boss and using suggestive Mafia language while being hit with Mafia laws is generally a very very very bad idea

“This no good guy is gonna testify against me? He shouldn’t, if ya know what I mean.”

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Scratch Monkey posted:

“This no good guy is gonna testify against me? He shouldn’t, if ya know what I mean.”

Asking for that special session is actually one of the acts charged in furtherance of the conspiracy.

Lmao.

jarlywarly
Aug 31, 2018
Gonna have to google for places that are called "4 Seasons something" in Bedminster NJ.

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
:suspense: just when you think you have enough popcorn. Sheesh I hope the liquor store has popcorn; it's way too hot outside to be going to multiple stores.

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

Kammat posted:

"Riggers" has to be a dog whistle right?

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Like even in a magical world where he has evidence of fraud, he still did crimes.

gregday
May 23, 2003

It’s incredible that his narcissism won’t let him say he didn’t do those things, but that yes he did them
Because he was and still is right, and he actually won the election. This is debilitating NPD.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
https://twitter.com/AaronBlake/status/1691315354633388032
That's a LOL.

greatBigJerk
Sep 6, 2010

My final form.

cant cook creole bream posted:

I'm starting to think you guys may have not voted the best person for head of state in 2016. That man seems a bit dubious to me.
Nah, I mean who hasn't committed one or ninety one felonies in their lifetime?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

People on the right are already spinning this as "They're making it illegal to tweet!", counting on dumb people not realizing the difference, so expect that to be their line of attack.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Pylons posted:

People on the right are already spinning this as "They're making it illegal to tweet!", counting on dumb people not realizing the difference, so expect that to be their line of attack.

People on the right like to be able to overtly, directly threaten minorities, people of color, and women under the cover of the First Amendment.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Failed Imagineer posted:

Yeah reads like a staffer post. They're obviously doing the dumbass misspellings for verisimilitude but it's extremely:sad: and !Jeb¡ energy.

Or else they have him drugged up

I have a theory that the all caps posts are always him and he does it because his eye sight is poo poo and it’s the only way he can see what he’s typing to the chagrin (probably) of everyone on his staff who’s tried to explain to him that it sounds like yelling. To which he probably said, “good”

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

That actually seems surprisingly low

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Xiahou Dun posted:

Asking for that special session is actually one of the acts charged in furtherance of the conspiracy.

Lmao.

It's interesting because the only mention of Duncan in the indictment is a tweet Trump made about him and Kemp. But here Trump is fully connecting the dots that Trump was aware that Duncan was an obstacle in his quest to have a special session in Georgia called.

Related question what do you do as a defense attorney when you can't contest the facts of a case?

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Simplex posted:

It's interesting because the only mention of Duncan in the indictment is a tweet Trump made about him and Kemp. But here Trump is fully connecting the dots that Trump was aware that Duncan was an obstacle in his quest to have a special session in Georgia called.

Related question what do you do as a defense attorney when you can't contest the facts of a case?
The famous quote is

"If you have the facts on your side, pound the facts; if you have the law on your side, pound the law; if you have neither the facts nor the law, pound the table."

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
Rudy getting poo poo hammered as a part of this is so loving satisfying.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Simplex posted:

The udual defense for a general client in Trumps position is incompetence, not so much to disprove guilt as in mitigation. He's old and his brain is broken and he didn't realize what he was doing.

Trumps different from a typical defendant though because the actual strategy is to just try it and hope you get chuds on the jury.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Reminder cause it just occurred to me :

Rudy Giuliani, remember him? The guy in the indictment who was harassing the poo poo out of Ruby Freeman and Shaye Moss? That clown?

Yeah, he has another meeting in Georgia court today about them suing the poo poo out of him. This should probably provide some extra amusement during that.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

Enigma89 posted:

Even if it's not, they'll use it as one.

Uglycat
Dec 4, 2000
MORE INDISPUTABLE PROOF I AM BAD AT POSTING
---------------->
Yall missed something

"former president (me)"

Thats no small knock-off xeet

MonkeyOnFire
Jun 3, 2004
I LOVE MONKEYS

Pakistani Brad Pitt posted:

Even if it's not, they'll use it as one.

"DON'T SERVE THEM TWO RIGGERS!"

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Your favorite president (me!) will be meeting with the guy from your favorite pillow (my!)

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Charlz Guybon posted:

His lawyers must want to shoot themselves seeing that. IANAL, but if I understand RICO, won't that just be added as another charge of the continuing conspiracy?

At this point his best defense might be to generate incriminating evidence faster than prosecutors can present it in court, delaying any verdict until long after he's dead.

Uglycat
Dec 4, 2000
MORE INDISPUTABLE PROOF I AM BAD AT POSTING
---------------->

Scratch Monkey posted:

His use of "former governor" there has a story to it.

Traditionally, mainstream news desk style guides would refer to a former president by the title - "president carter", for example.

Since jan6, many have begun referring to trump (and only trump) as "former."

He takes that as a sleight.

He wanted to sleight that former governor.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

The udual defense for a general client in Trumps position is incompetence, not so much to disprove guilt as in mitigation. He's old and his brain is broken and he didn't realize what he was doing.

Trumps different from a typical defendant though because the actual strategy is to just try it and hope you get chuds on the jury.

How does that mix with "I'm currently running for elected office and telling people I'm competent to be President"?

I know legal arguments don't have to be consistent, but how does that work with behavior outside the courtroom?

single-mode fiber
Dec 30, 2012

Enigma89 posted:

The clue is "people who annoy you" (when they prosecute you for your crimes)

(I know it doesn't actually line up with the filled/blank letters in the episode but the spirit fits)

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Rand Brittain posted:

How does that mix with "I'm currently running for elected office and telling people I'm competent to be President"?

I know legal arguments don't have to be consistent, but how does that work with behavior outside the courtroom?

Good news we get to find out

This isn't a situation where legal experience can answer because any non Trump client committing acts on this scale would be in solitary confinement, probably in military prison like Winner and Manning, not out on bond so they cam keep doing more crimes.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Cabbit posted:

At this point his best defense might be to generate incriminating evidence faster than prosecutors can present it in court, delaying any verdict until long after he's dead.

for crimes

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

https://twitter.com/BrianKempGA/status/1691483026356678660

so yeah i think all public statements officially point towards georgia republicans telling trump to go gently caress himself

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound
I ll say this for Kemp: he has bigger balls than the entire rest of the Republican party put together.

Hope he doesn't run in 2028.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
I'm sure the perfect pretend Marxists of 4chan will sneak in here to claim "Indicting Trump just makes him stronger! See this poll!" "What about Hunter! Hunter! Hunter!" "Both sides are EXACTLY the same!" "Stay Home Don't Vote! Walk Away!!!!"

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)