Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
wheres the revitiligo slider????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Homeless Friend posted:

gith makes sense but drow also has a vitiligo slider

They all have that. Its a nice touch that probably cost very little time to implement

Al! posted:

wheres the revitiligo slider????

Last slider in the 'general' menu

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Oh, I guess I was wrong. Underdark is like part 2 of the 1st act.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

So I hit some rear end in a top hat in red wizard robes and a red pointy hat and then all the scripting broke because it triggered two cutscenes and then started the fight.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

gradenko_2000 posted:

was Tyranny any good, combat-wise?

i played through the pretty interesting CYOA start and rolled a fighter

the the first fight of the game i had to watch as my fighter missed every single autoattack and slowly died to a single NPC

people say "well at least the magic system is good" so i guess its the brandon sanderson of games

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Working as intended.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
basically western rpgs have had poo poo combat since baldur's gate but thanks to xcom theyve been slowly getting good again

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

gradenko_2000 posted:

it had a genuinely innovative magic system but still boiled down to buffing the poo poo out of your companions and letting the AI carve a path unfortunately. still a good game that didn't get quite the development it deserved imo

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

gradenko_2000 posted:

not really, i dropped it midway because the optimal meta seemed to be getting all my people together to do a giant carebear stare at any opps

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

jesus christ, i thought i was near the end of act 1 and then i got to the underdark

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

tyranny had a spell that trapped an enemy in an icicle while they were on fire which I appreciate

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

I did everything in the baby starting forest and was like 'okay cool act 2 time' only to discover the Underdark lol. Then I did all that and found the Monastery. Big rear end game. And apparently people have beaten it already? Honestly respect to the most dedicated nerds

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
referring to it as acts and not having a cutscene saying act 2 pisses me off. wtf does the warning mean game? fuk u

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Homeless Friend posted:

referring to it as acts and not having a cutscene saying act 2 pisses me off. wtf does the warning mean game? fuk u

Yeah, especially when you can trigger that warning from several different transition areas at the same time.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

lol it was the Saudis
https://twitter.com/stephentotilo/status/1691134113380552736

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
too many notes over Lara's outfit

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

big news for the inevitable gollum remaster

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Thank god the saudis didn't get their mitts on snowrunner.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Buck Wildman posted:

big news for the inevitable gollum remaster

i hope in gollum remaster he can kill orcs wearing helmets

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

the milk machine posted:

i hope in gollum remaster he can kill orcs wearing helmets

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
*wiping down bonesaw in the board room* now THATS what i cal aggressive negotiations!1

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

I assume the game is just scripted to show the "you're going to advance the story" pop up on specific transitions areas, and there isn't any logic that controls that message.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Actual final boss is pretty well countering pretty much all my bullshit, may actually have to get good at dodging to bring this down. Full spell casting seems like it'll be easiest but I'm loathe to become a nerd bug

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Communist Thoughts posted:

i played through the pretty interesting CYOA start and rolled a fighter

the the first fight of the game i had to watch as my fighter missed every single autoattack and slowly died to a single NPC

people say "well at least the magic system is good" so i guess its the brandon sanderson of games

your first mistake was making a non-caster in a crpg

unless it's BG1/2 where they hand out insanely overpowered weapons like candy generally non-casters can go gently caress themselves mechanics-wise

e: and bg2 combat was mostly wizard duel focused anyway, there's a point early on where it's pretty well-balanced but eventually every wizard will just insta-cast 20 layers of protection and be functionally immortal to anything but another caster loving with those. or the paladin's "go gently caress yourself spellcaster" sword but there's ways around that thing too

Yinlock has issued a correction as of 20:54 on Aug 15, 2023

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Oh another thing about Baldur’s Gate 3 is that the loot is garbage. Just endless amount of colored garbage taking up space in inventory. Trash as far as the eye can see.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

i don't understand

you'd prefer the loot to just be generic gray items with no special traits

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Yinlock posted:

unless it's BG1/2 where they hand out insanely overpowered weapons like candy generally non-casters can go gently caress themselves mechanics-wise

e: and bg2 combat was mostly wizard duel focused anyway, there's a point early on where it's pretty well-balanced but eventually every wizard will just insta-cast 20 layers of protection and be functionally immortal to anything but another caster loving with those. or the paladin's "go gently caress yourself spellcaster" sword but there's ways around that thing too

Sorry but stoneskin only goes to 10 layers.

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

RandomBlue posted:

Is there an easier way to split health potions for the party? Getting tired of having to split the stack then split the stack then give the other 3 stacks to each other character. Just let the entire party use any potion regardless of who has it, I'm tired of inventory juggling.

Maybe I am insane but I have all my pots and scrolls on my main guy, and when another character needs to use them I hit tab, which opens every inventory, right click the item, and it says drink (name of selected party member) and has always let me use items like they are in my bag no matter how far away my dudes are in a fight.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Yinlock posted:

Were there dispell arrows? Don't remember

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I'll say this about the secret boss, it's tough as hell but really fun, same as most bosses have been. I'm still pretty confident that if I just stack health and burst damage it'll work, I just need to get better than just okay at dodging. Luckily HK is no Radagon

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
I only played through throne of bhaal once, but iirc fighters flip back around to being quite strong compared to casters by doing like 20 attacks per round with +5 weapons once you go past BG2's original level cap.

(this assumes of course that your fighters have a cadre of casters applying buffs, so spells are still essential in that sense)

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Yinlock posted:

is still the case here in BG3? I made a wizard exactly because of that in the previous games lol

but I don't know anything about D&D 5e so I have no idea which one of warlock/sorcerer/wizard is definitely better/more op than the other

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Epic High Five posted:

Actual final boss is pretty well countering pretty much all my bullshit, may actually have to get good at dodging to bring this down. Full spell casting seems like it'll be easiest but I'm loathe to become a nerd bug

yeah a magic build wrecks him so hard it takes the fun out of it.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

drat horror queefs posted:

I only played through throne of bhaal once, but iirc fighters flip back around to being quite strong compared to casters by doing like 20 attacks per round with +5 weapons once you go past BG2's original level cap.

(this assumes of course that your fighters have a cadre of casters applying buffs, so spells are still essential in that sense)

The party is like 6 people, you might as well have a caster instead of just 6 fighters.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Also big props to Salubra, my favorite NPC that didn't die or end up being a huge disgusting freak and isn't named Zote, who is really doing a lot of work in ensuring the first phase is relatively trivial

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Larian never made a game with a party huh.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Lostconfused posted:

Sorry but stoneskin only goes to 10 layers.

actually hitting any of those under the forcefields and magical weapon protection would be rare and novel

dead gay comedy forums posted:

is still the case here in BG3? I made a wizard exactly because of that in the previous games lol

but I don't know anything about D&D 5e so I have no idea which one of warlock/sorcerer/wizard is definitely better/more op than the other

BG1/2 were 2e and thus still firmly in "all non-casters just hit things and that's it" territory. I've only played a bit of BG3 cuz i'm waiting for mods but it's based on 5e so while casters will still reign supreme the mortals still have things that they can actually do besides swing weapon.

for minmaxing in games sorc is generally the most busted, wizard the most versatile, and warlock the most edgy roleplay flavor

drat horror queefs posted:

yeah bhaal focuses more on giant group fights rather than wizard duels so fighters become a lot more valuable

wizards can still straight-up stop time and then drop armageddon on the battlefield so lol, but still

e: the problem is of course compounded by how rest-heavy games tend to be, but there's no real way around that without good balancing which is Hard. pathfinder tried by making resting super tedious but then also balanced every encounter around a fully rested+buffed party so you need to rest all the time anyway

Yinlock has issued a correction as of 22:20 on Aug 15, 2023

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Yes it wasn't about hitting things, it was about how you hit things.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

My main guy is a Warlock but the special variant that uses a sword and it's been working well. Only spells I use are Eldritch Blast and the one that gives me ice armour or whatever, rest I forget about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Epic High Five posted:

Also big props to Salubra, my favorite NPC that didn't die or end up being a huge disgusting freak and isn't named Zote, who is really doing a lot of work in ensuring the first phase is relatively trivial

I liked the map maker. dude loves what he does, roams the world despite the danger, and at the end instead of going crazy or dying he goes back home to his wife.