Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
the county election official that gave the trump team access to voting machines really hosed up, and are a big reason that everyone is charged in the first place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

all of this and he'll stay a free man. truly a wriggler for the ages

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

Mr. Nice! posted:

the county election official that gave the trump team access to voting machines really hosed up, and are a big reason that everyone is charged in the first place.

georgia does seem to be, historically speaking, fairly lax about voting machine security

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

Cat Face Joe posted:

all of this and he'll stay a free man. truly a wriggler for the ages

i didn't recognize a ton of names in the list of unindicted co-conspirators, but who knows, maybe there are enough people already providing evidence that it's impossible to be free afterwards

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

psiox posted:

i didn't recognize a ton of names in the list of unindicted co-conspirators, but who knows, maybe there are enough people already providing evidence that it's impossible to be free afterwards

18 other indicted co-conspirators. there are 30 unindicted co-conspirators. conspicuously absent names: l. lin wood, mike flynn, and lindsey graham.

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
at the very least mike flynn seems to be completely skating, which is one of the most insane subplots of this whole mess- so here's hoping that means something else is lined up

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

There are no organic narratives in America

monsanto! :argh:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Mr. Nice! posted:

conspicuously absent names: l. lin wood, mike flynn, and lindsey graham.

if kush isnt indicted then its all a sham. surprise!

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello
i bet lindsey rolled over like a DOG

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Roosevelt posted:

i bet lindsey rolled over like a DOG

yeah he probably testified against trump too.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
is this the games thread and we’re talking about tropico 2023

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
reminder there are thirty unindicted co-conspirators and it is safe to assume they’re all cooperating.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Mr. Nice! posted:

reminder there are thirty unindicted co-conspirators and it is safe to assume they’re all cooperating.

yep. we are.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

well-read undead posted:

he did everything right and they indicted him
he should probably have kept his powder dry on this banger until after the fourth or fifth round of indictments

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
you'd think a man would reconsider whether he did everything right after third or fourth major investigation into whether he does things right. but you're forgetting that in his lived experience he has been investigated for whether he does things right easily into the triple digits. to his mind this is tuesday, and also it's just the sound of someone blowing on hot soup in there

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

fart simpson posted:

yep. we are.

speak for yourself buddy!

Eminent DNS
May 28, 2007

fart simpson posted:

yep. we are.

Unnamed Unindicted Co-conspirator in RICO Case Covering Over 150 Charges...welcome to the resistance

Eminent DNS
May 28, 2007

Kenny Logins posted:

he should probably have kept his powder dry on this banger until after the fourth or fifth round of indictments

you really think the wettest president we've ever had is capable of keeping powder dry?

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

lol this is the pinned article on fox's coverage of the trump thing

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

akadajet posted:

lol this is the pinned article on fox's coverage of the trump thing

our carceral system is barbaric and horrific you say? first i'm hearing of this.

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

and i've got just the news organization in mind to get to the bottom of this one

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
trump is going to become a woke prison abolitionist

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

all the "tough on crime" people know they would last approximately 15 seconds if faced with the actual brutality of the carceral state that's why they vote for cop budgets every time

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

qirex posted:

all the "tough on crime" people know they would last approximately 15 seconds if faced with the actual brutality of the carceral state that's why they vote for cop budgets every time

11-99 bumper sticker on my posting rig

super nailgun
Jan 1, 2014

post hole digger posted:

11-99 bumper sticker on my posting rig

Make sure it's current year, they don't like when people get behind on their protection payments.

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
it's not a sticker, it's a plate frame, and you have to buy a lifetime membership for at least $3000 to get one

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

PokeJoe posted:

i used to have a coworker who said for fun he would go on to the 4chan guns board and get the clip magazine thing wrong on purpose. he was an army vet lol

I was in before that was a meme and even though we all knew the difference and our ammo came in clips out of the box we used clip and magazine pretty much interchangably unless we were specifically talking about actual clips. I remember when I got out and had barely touched the internet in 4 years and someone ackshully me for the first time about clips. I was also amazed how much people wanked over trigger discipline which isn’t even a hard habit to establish and I hardly heard anyone ever make a big deal about it. If all i knew about the military was from the internet you’d think people were lecturing each other about booger pickers on the bang button or whatever like every day but it wasn’t even a problem… people certianly made other weird mistakes with guns though.

I’m sure it’s different now because several generations of /k/ posters have imported that culture.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

clip/magazine is just conservative virtue signaling

trigger discipline started out as trying to protect a bunch of idiots who suddenly felt the need to have guns and spiraled from there

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Getting gun terms wrong to trigger the conservatives

Asleep Style
Oct 20, 2010

PokeJoe posted:

Getting gun terms wrong to firing pin the conservatives

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
if you really want to get technical about terms most "conservatives" are really not what would be traditionally considered conservative

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

bro tradition don't mean poo poo in modern american unless you're praying to the founding fathers

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
well ok i mean "traditionally in political science", not "in american tradition"

although both are true, there's still a clear distinction. if i had to put a label on it they're more like libertarians than anything really, but even that doesn't fit neatly

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
actual conservatives: do not cut down a tree unless there's a very loving good reason to do so, and also plant five when you do so

vivek conservatism: god put oil in the ground as a gift to mankind

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
there's loads of examples

actual conservatives: the rule of law is absolute
2023 republicans: donald trump did nothing wrong

actual conservatives: government should not have a say in regulating individual liberties
2023 republicans: gay and trans people are an abomination that should be legislated out of existence

actual conservatives: government should be as small as possible, not meddle in the free market and corporations should be able to operate without restriction
2023 republicans: we are creating a government agency to regulate disney specifically

etc

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

there is no such thing as 'actual conservativism', the entirety of the conservative project only exists as reaction.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

it is honestly kind of irrelevant for anything that afaict has happened, but the simple left/right binary being embedded in all political conversation in the us and, by force of culture, most everywhere else is deeply annoying. it'll wind up mattering if it hasn't already.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Trump's legs snap off at the knees because the police make him not stand in that hosed up way he does so they can get an accurate height measurement in his mugshot

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

it is honestly kind of irrelevant for anything that afaict has happened, but the simple left/right binary being embedded in all political conversation in the us and, by force of culture, most everywhere else is deeply annoying. it'll wind up mattering if it hasn't already.

yeah i have to agree, it's useful as narrative shorthand when referencing the dichotomy but as someone who actually studied political science it is indeed deeply annoying. it's not just "conservatives" either, people e.g. referring to a generic 2023 democrat as a "leftist" really piss me off too. i think it's interesting insofar as a lot of the modern political landscape defies easy labeling and categorization but it's kinda dumb to expect anyone to rigidly adhere to ideology, especially if they're not explicitly aware of it themselves. most americans are dumb as poo poo and don't know what either "liberal" or "conservative" really mean, except as a convenient way of pigeonholing people

e: that said i don't think the left/right labels are inherently wrong, but slotting them into a categorization of liberal/conservative is

Beeftweeter fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Aug 15, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Beeftweeter posted:

there's loads of examples

actual conservatives: the rule of law is absolute
2023 republicans: donald trump did nothing wrong

actual conservatives: government should not have a say in regulating individual liberties
2023 republicans: gay and trans people are an abomination that should be legislated out of existence

actual conservatives: government should be as small as possible, not meddle in the free market and corporations should be able to operate without restriction
2023 republicans: we are creating a government agency to regulate disney specifically

etc

most of those “actual conservatives” viewpoints are actually liberal political viewpoints, op

conservatism is just resisting change