Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

aledesma
Jul 22, 2012

RocketRaygun posted:

that's what transmog is for. I don't use 90% of the armor pieces I get, but I do actively seek out collecting every new one so I can unlock it with transmog.

true, but I do believe that random armor that you don’t pull from collections should drop 60+

I do need to go to Ada and do some bounties for transmogs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

If you raid, you get get two bounties done in one raid sometimes. The "Complete A Raid" bounty obviously not, but "2 Encounters" and "Generate Orbs" and "Kills with a fireteam in the various elements" are 2x or sometimes 3x-able.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yeah, the bounties are 10K a pop so dump trash into rahool until you’re maxed on glimmer and reroll bounties until you get stuff that looks relatively fast and easy

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

I can't say I've been enjoying Joe Blackburn's product since after Witch Queen launch but that video he put out is a fantastic example of leadership and taking responsibility and I'm immensely proud of him for doing so.

ohhyeah
Mar 24, 2016
I’m ready to get hyped again

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I was doing some research on Sword Logic and I remembered some time a while ago, I read a comment I really liked that I thought compared Sword Logic to capitalism taken to its logical extreme. Today, I went back and found the comment again.

I wonder who the handsome stranger with the deleted account here is. I wish I could ask him, her or them more about their thoughts about Sword Logic as it relates to capitalism and Social Darwinism.... :thunk:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
We will now discuss in a little more detail the struggle for existence...

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I haven't looked, is there a cleverly named challenge to kill Oryx with nothing but swords and if not why not

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

because it's not physically possible to reach oryx with swords

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Kith posted:

It is!

Anybody (who doesn't already know the answer :ssh:) wanna guess how?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Kith posted:

That's what makes it a challenge

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Kith posted:

So, you'd be surprised but it is.

You can even do it from patrol in d1

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

someone loving lied to me

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Ha! Since Lightfall, there has been a ... "bug" .... where the drop rate of a specific Deepsight gets lower, the closer you are to completing a Pattern

I'm glad it has been discovered and become necessary to fix

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

https://www.bungie.net/7/en/News/article/season-22-weapons-preview

weapon preview, monte carlo catalyst. get your stab on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1leMKg4DH1I

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
It's better than nothing, but I gotta say, it is peak Bungie to hear "We want to stab with the gun knife when we melee!!" and to offer "Ok here's a catalyst that offers a conditional ability to charge and activate 1x unique stab animation under set circumstances"

Like I thought the clip was a joke at first, when the hunter puts the knifegun away to draw a standard knife to stab with instead

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

It's still cool though. Now let Crimson do that too

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

It's better than nothing, but I gotta say, it is peak Bungie to hear "We want to stab with the gun knife when we melee!!" and to offer "Ok here's a catalyst that offers a conditional ability to charge and activate 1x unique stab animation under set circumstances"

Like I thought the clip was a joke at first, when the hunter puts the knifegun away to draw a standard knife to stab with instead

it's almost like it's supposed to be part of a mechanic to make it more interesting then "you have a different uncharged melee animation when holding this gun" (and dealing with whatever complications that then creates)

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

tbf i would be very happy with a catalyst that turns on the bayonet and makes my melees deal extra damage based on my available melee energy. if that's what we got i'd probably stop using the fighting lion and just start beating things to death

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Give Whisper of the Worm a "Black Hammer" catalyst - you flip it around and use it like the gravity hammer from Halo

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Vex Mythoclast on those charts is the funniest loving thing.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Oxyclean posted:

"you have a different uncharged melee animation when holding this gun"

Yes this was indeed the oft-requested feature. People want it on Crimson too, IIRC

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

to be fair "bayonet on a pistol" is extreme mall ninja poo poo and a good way to break your wrist unless the gun is balanced in a very, VERY specific manner

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Ive been quite enjoying the monte carlo void build ive been using this season so that sounds good to me (even if we will probably be rocking solar and stasis artifact mods in 22)

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Kith posted:

to be fair "bayonet on a pistol" is extreme mall ninja poo poo and a good way to break your wrist unless the gun is balanced in a very, VERY specific manner

space magic

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

sure but it also looks stupid as hell

i'll never forgive borderlands for making the best weapon for melee builds a goddamn pistol

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Chill Clip :negative:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Kith posted:

I'm a Titan, I break my wrist against dumber things than BUDKrimson

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Yes this was indeed the oft-requested feature. People want it on Crimson too, IIRC

Still feels like "why didn't they do the boring thing rather then an interesting thing"

like making the bayonet into a cool feature of the gun that (seemingly) leads to big damage/makes the gun more mechanically interesting, rather then just a different animation for something you probably won't be doing much of anyways.

MJeff posted:

On one hand, chill clip riptide was kinda too good, somewhat made anti-champ planning a bit too much of an "easy answer," and it just means, what, 3 shots instead of 2?

On the other, still feels bad.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Oxyclean posted:

Still feels like "why didn't they do the boring thing rather then an interesting thing"

like making the bayonet into a cool feature of the gun that (seemingly) leads to big damage/makes the gun more mechanically interesting, rather then just a different animation for something you probably won't be doing much of anyways.

Sure! Like I said, I am glad they did this. But I still find humor in them doing

1. something other than what was requested
2. a thing that was really hard, per their comment
3. doesn't even solve the original issue :laugh:

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
How hard are legend-difficulty weekly campaign missions? I need to do three to finish rank 8 and I should just ask goons anyway but I'm curious what level of effort Id be getting myself into

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I still want a dual wielded sidearm, smg or handcannon exotic too Bungie. Maybe different combos of them even!

Just do what PSO did and have us kick out space magic when our hands are full. I don't care how broken this would be.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Now that Chill Clip is bad, why do Stasis weapons miss out on the 10% and 15% bonuses that kinetic specials and primaries get?

They really need to find a way to bake in some type of enhancement or benefit into the weapons themselves rather than just unlock Stasis-exclusive perks...

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

MJeff posted:

I dont think Chill Clip Riptide is in any way dead with this change. 3 shots instead of 2 isn't that massive, and the reload speed is fast enough that you can get your 3 in, reload, get another 3 in, reload, get another 3 in, and by that time a champ should be dead.

This probably hurts chill clip rockets more than anything, but those were a total psi op anyway for dps.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Sure! Like I said, I am glad they did this. But I still find humor in them doing

1. something other than what was requested
2. a thing that was really hard, per their comment
3. doesn't even solve the original issue :laugh:

I'm going to assume that making it replace the default melee without causing other problems or undesirable effects might have been just as hard or harder, for less payoff (someone using MC does a melee once, goes "neat" and then puts it back in the vault.)

Just strikes me as something they realized would be cooler/more fun as like, something you want to use, rather then just appealing to a "why isn't coldheart stasis" level observation.

RBA Starblade posted:

I still want a dual wielded sidearm, smg or handcannon exotic too Bungie. Maybe different combos of them even!

Just do what PSO did and have us kick out space magic when our hands are full. I don't care how broken this would be.
:same:
Yeah I'm still almost shocked they haven't found a way to do an exotic that is a Sidearm/SMG/HC but dual-wielded. Pretty sure glaives already have some animation stuff for throwing grenades cause you're supposed to be holding it with both hands?

Oxyclean fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Aug 16, 2023

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Oxyclean posted:

I'm going to assume that making it replace the default melee without causing other problems or undesirable effects might have been just as hard or harder, for less payoff (someone using MC does a melee once, goes "neat" and then puts it back in the vault.)

Just strikes me as something they realized would be cooler/more fun as like, something you want to use, rather then just appealing to a "why isn't coldheart stasis" level observation.

Maybe! Safe to assume they had someone at Bungie giving this as much as thought as you are, but I just found it amusing. Especially in the wake of all the SotG "we have no resources" chat, it's interesting to see what they prioritize

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
chill clip riptide will still be amazing, but i could see going back to my compulsive reloader roll instead of ALH now

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

fast cars loose anus posted:

How hard are legend-difficulty weekly campaign missions? I need to do three to finish rank 8 and I should just ask goons anyway but I'm curious what level of effort Id be getting myself into

they’re fine. it might depend a bit on the mission but I have done them micless with LFG randos very handily many times, just play a little bit defensively whenever you’re in a Darkness Zone because you have limited revives

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Legend missions or legendary missions?

The latter are a bit harder and will have champions, but are also matchmade, so if you aren't a complete potato you can press the button and muddle through with two meat shields

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Ha! Since Lightfall, there has been a ... "bug" .... where the drop rate of a specific Deepsight gets lower, the closer you are to completing a Pattern

I'm glad it has been discovered and become necessary to fix

this is probably why I got two redbar techeuns in the first two weeks of the LW crafting and nothing since

"Bug fix"

Seems like a great way to boost those player engagement KPIs...