Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

# 1x (4) E.T.C., Band Manager
# 1x (5) Steamcleaner
# 1x (6) Rivendare, Warrider
# 1x (6) Theotar, the Mad Duke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted

RatHat posted:

What do you have in ETC?

oh, huh, guess it formats the list weirdly when I just copy and paste. ETC has the Steamcleaner, Rivendare and Theotar. Rivendare has won me zero games and should probably be something else. I'd consider a Wing Welding or Starfish - or maybe drop ETC entirely for one of those two

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!
I think it’s always the next three cards listed after ETC in the deck export.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Ah my bad I didn't realize those were the ETC cards

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
Yeah unless you do some fancy post-formatting the ETC cards always show up "normally" as the next 3

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Desert Bus posted:

Yeah unless you do some fancy post-formatting the ETC cards always show up "normally" as the next 3

The ETC here is:

# 1x (3) Holotechnician
# 1x (3) Ice Block
# 1x (4) Potion of Illusion

### Reno Mage
# Class: Mage
# Format: Wild
#
# 1x (1) Costumed Singer
# 1x (1) Sir Finley, Sea Guide
# 1x (2) Astalor Bloodsworn
# 1x (2) Book of Specters
# 1x (2) Dirty Rat
# 1x (2) Rewind
# 1x (2) Starscryer
# 1x (2) Zephrys the Great
# 1x (3) Brann Bronzebeard
# 1x (3) Bunker Sergeant
# 1x (3) Flame Ward
# 1x (3) Frostweave Dungeoneer
# 1x (3) Holotechnician
# 1x (3) Ice Block
# 1x (3) Prince Renathal
# 1x (3) Stargazer Luna
# 1x (3) Twilight Flamecaller
# 1x (3) Zola the Gorgon
# 1x (4) Blademaster Okani
# 1x (3) Holotechnician
# 1x (3) Ice Block
# 1x (4) Fire Sale
# 1x (4) Inquisitive Creation
# 1x (4) Kazakus
# 1x (4) Multicaster
# 1x (4) Varden Dawngrasp
# 1x (4) Volume Up
# 1x (5) Barista Lynchen
# 1x (5) Loatheb
# 1x (5) Spammy Arcanist
# 1x (5) Star Power
# 1x (6) Norgannon
# 1x (6) Reno Jackson
# 1x (6) Reno the Relicologist
# 1x (6) Theotar, the Mad Duke
# 1x (7) Luna's Pocket Galaxy
# 1x (7) Magister Dawngrasp
# 1x (7) Mutanus the Devourer
# 1x (9) Alexstrasza the Life-Binder
# 1x (9) Grand Magister Rommath
#
AAEBAc2xAijAAfoOwxaFF4msAti7At/EAs7vAu72Asb4Ar2ZA/yjA5KkA7+kA/e4A+XRA9LsA53uA6bvA6f3A6iBBKCKBLCKBKWNBNKkBOWwBMeyBJbUBLjZBJfvBKOQBeKkBeDDBa/EBf3EBejoBfPyBYf1BdD4Bdj+BQAAAQPAAf3EBeXRA/3EBa/EBf3EBQAA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

If you're not putting Tony in your ETC, you're not living

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
looks like the next battlegrounds season starts the 22nd

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

battlegrounds season 5 announced https://hearthstone.blizzard.com/en-us/news/23987536/announcing-battlegrounds-season-5

an "anomaly" system will be added - one random rule per game that applies to everybody - launch will have 20, with more gradually released until the total is over 50. examples include "start the game at 10 gold," "everyone's hero is denathrius," and "start with 10 extra armor and tier 7 exists." that last one will appear 5x more often than average and has its own set of minions etc

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
because what BGs needed was to be even more of an RNG clusterfuck

When Pigs Cry
Oct 23, 2012
Buglord
Love relearning Battlegrounds every time I play it

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

When Pigs Cry posted:

Love relearning Battlegrounds every time I play it

This but unironically

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug
Yeah this sounds cool.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Starting at 10 gold sounds a little too insane. The mutator idea sounds conceptually fine but they really went with some dramatic ones.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Aug 16, 2023

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
generally hoping there'll be some more sedate mutators mixed in with the very wild ones, but who knows

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Here's hoping there's a "You can't reposition your minions" mutator

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I like the idea but feel like this is going to be yet another contributor to a third of the lobby quitting when they don't like the mutator

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

I don't know how you solve the people just ditching the lobby super early problem but i sure wish they could find a way

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

Color Printer posted:

I don't know how you solve the people just ditching the lobby super early problem but i sure wish they could find a way

i don't think making bgs even more highroll rng is going to help... i've seen so many games where it's already a busted lobby as soon as hero selection is over. this newest "addition" isn't gonna make it any better. they need to fix a number of things, including the lovely heroes nobody wants to play and waste their time with.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

lovely heroes nobody wants to get stuck with is how they make money though

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
https://hearthstone.blizzard.com/en-us/news/23987537

lots of info about Battlegrounds, Wild (including a Wild-only set), and Twist, and buried at the bottom are upcoming balance changes for Standard

quote:

Hollow Hound

- Old: 3 Attack, 6 Health
- New: 3 Attack, 4 Health

Costumed Singer

- Old: 2 Attack, 1 Health
- New: 1 Attack, 1 Health

Bioluminescence

- Old: 3 Mana
- New: 4 Mana

Thaddius, Monstrosity

- Old: Taunt. Your odd-Cost cards cost (1). (Swaps polarity each turn!)
- New: Taunt. Your odd-Cost cards cost (4) less. (Swaps polarity each turn!)

Down with the Ship, Mythical Terror, Frost Lotus Seedling, Disciple of Amitus, Tyr, Astral Automaton, Felstring Harp, Bladestorm, Craftsman’s Hammer, Stoneskin Armorer and Trial By Fire getting buffs

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
hound lol

e: the Wild-only set is also implemented for Twist which makes it slightly more relevant. Some truly crazy buffs in that set and some funny ones like ball of spiders from 6 to 3 mana

Firebert fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Aug 17, 2023

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Hound got taken behind the shed

Wow I gotta sit down and work through all that stuff for wild

Uuh some of those buffs are pushed af. I guess they'll tone it down a month later but still. Also lol at demon fuse being saved and warrior getting shafted again

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Aug 17, 2023

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
get fuuuuuuuucked Thadlock

Shabadu
Jul 18, 2003

rain dance

I was already on Arcane Secret being the best hunter deck and it doesn't run hounds. The Costumed Singer charge barely changes the math on the deck, so that's the easy one to beat coming out of this patch.

Gwaint
Oct 22, 2010

"Music is the truth. Just listen..."
Holy gently caress Wild is getting a shakeup

I doubt very much will actually change if you're playing meta decks but if you like to goof around with some other stuff then this stuff is kind of sweet

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Odyn warrior eating good

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Hound will still be a big deal for Hunter because it's literally the only healing the class has but I think in DK it's basically finished

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace

Everything’s On Fire!
At the start of the game, take 30 damage. Whenever another hero dies, regain 5 Health.
Dev Comment: This is fine.

I'm digging these anomalies.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
That mech that survives any non-poison or deathrattle based attack seems busted as hell

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
Mixed feelings about the new Twist format, for a very personal reason: the sets here comprise the time when I was a pure free-to-play Hearthstone enjoyer, so my collection has a lot of holes from this period. (Gadgetzan is literally the first Hearthstone expansion I spent real money on.) While it’s somewhat nostalgic to have the “oh poo poo, can I actually build this” feeling again after having a basically complete collection since 2017 or so, I kind of have to ask myself if this is something I want to actually invest in. Especially given that once this season is over, these cards go back into the Wild-only mothballs, and Wild sucks.

…Still, the lure of Jade Golems or Dragon Priest might be too much to resist. Plus, a lot of cards in this format have been buffed or had their nerfs reverted since the last time they were constructed-relevant. Hmm.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

bravesword posted:

Mixed feelings about the new Twist format, for a very personal reason: the sets here comprise the time when I was a pure free-to-play Hearthstone enjoyer, so my collection has a lot of holes from this period. (Gadgetzan is literally the first Hearthstone expansion I spent real money on.) While it’s somewhat nostalgic to have the “oh poo poo, can I actually build this” feeling again after having a basically complete collection since 2017 or so, I kind of have to ask myself if this is something I want to actually invest in. Especially given that once this season is over, these cards go back into the Wild-only mothballs, and Wild sucks.

…Still, the lure of Jade Golems or Dragon Priest might be too much to resist. Plus, a lot of cards in this format have been buffed or had their nerfs reverted since the last time they were constructed-relevant. Hmm.

No Wild is good! Casual Wild is the best format in the game.

Meatbag Esq.
May 3, 2006

Hmm which internet meme should go here again?
Some notable wild buffs - that said I don't know that any of these are good enough to get played competitively:

Hunter:
Acidmaw: [3 Mana] Whenever an enemy minion takes damage, destroy it.
Dreadscale: At the end of your turn, deal 1 damage to all enemies.

Mage:
Flame Lance Deal 25 damage to a minion. (Paging Markmckz)
Servant of Yogg-Saron Battlecry: Cast a random spell that costs (5) or MORE (targets chosen randomly). (lmfao)

Priest:
Convert [3 Mana] Put a copy of an enemy minion into your hand. It costs (1).

Rogue:
Blade of C’Thun 6 Mana

Neutral:
Worgen Greaser 6 Attack, 5 Health (lol)
C’Thun 8 Mana

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Meatbag Esq. posted:

Some notable wild buffs - that said I don't know that any of these are good enough to get played competitively:

Hunter:
Acidmaw: [3 Mana] Whenever an enemy minion takes damage, destroy it.
Dreadscale: At the end of your turn, deal 1 damage to all enemies.

Mage:
Servant of Yogg-Saron Battlecry: Cast a random spell that costs (5) or MORE (targets chosen randomly). (lmfao)

Priest:
Convert [3 Mana] Put a copy of an enemy minion into your hand. It costs (1).

Rogue:
Blade of C’Thun 6 Mana

Neutral:
Worgen Greaser 6 Attack, 5 Health (lol)
C’Thun 8 Mana

Dreadscale nerf/buff fucks up Porcupine Hunter, can't clear your own board anymore. :(

The rest is meh

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Meatbag Esq. posted:

Mage:
Just put your opponent at 25 (or set up spell damage) and silas an ashtounge to them that you hit with a lance after getting a couple of mana reductions. Easy peasy :v:

Also aviana+kun is back. Druid moved past it in terms of mana cheating but hey throw another 20 mana refill on the pile why not

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Aug 17, 2023

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
Can't wait to summon a larger and larger man again :allears:

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Oenis posted:

Can't wait to summon a larger and larger man again :allears:

Don't quote my Gridr proflie

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Elysium posted:

That mech that survives any non-poison or deathrattle based attack seems busted as hell

It’s not immortal, it can just change attack into health.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Tin Tim posted:

Just put your opponent at 25 (or set up spell damage) and silas an ashtounge to them that you hit with a lance after getting a couple of mana reductions. Easy peasy :v:

Mo'Arg Artificer would help

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
This twist actually sounds like something I want to play, mean streets of Gadgetzan was one of my favourite metas.

Don’t know that costumed singer needed a nerf. Hound possibly did and the nerf it got was mild and reasonable, I don’t think it makes much difference to hunter for eg.

I like the Paladin buffs. Makes me want to try out those cards in a pure Paladin.

The Lord Bude fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Aug 18, 2023