Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Junpei posted:

Side note, just like LobCorp Faust, this new Zwei Faust fuels Fluid Sac perfectly because it's Envy/Gloom/Lust-heck it's a little better than LobCorp Faust because Fluid Sac requires more Envy than Lust, and so the S1 being the Envy means she generates more of it.

This is a good point. Gregor's is also pretty good, though Gluttony being S2 rather than S1 means he'll take a little bit longer to get Legerdemain up if he's your only Gluttony source. As far as EGO go these IDs are aces, though I kinda prefer L Faust just because her skill 3 has EGO-level clash power and saves you some resources in the long run

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

I don't mind the new roadmap, especially given how much crunch is usually built into these things and Project Moon is certainly not an exception to that. Plus the Cantos keep getting longer and longer, so it's going to be a hefty amount of content even if Canto V is 'only' as long as Canto IV.

Then again, I'm biased because I just started playing recently and I've only just started Canto IV, so I really don't mind having a couple months to work through it and get more resources and level my IDs and stuff. Takes the self-imposed pressure off me.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
I expected there be delays no matter what but instead of being lenient and supportive I’m going to be critical and disparaging.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

MotU posted:

I expected there be delays no matter what but instead of being lenient and supportive I’m going to be critical and disparaging.

If you’re not mocking them relentlessly for this absolute self own can you really say you love project moon at all??

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

good lord that is a lot of DLU on Gregor. doesn't seem like the best clasher but hey at least he's coherently designed with an actual purpose in mind rather than doing something random and being really bad at it, which elevates him above the rest of Zwei

Faust also isn't bad but has to compete with 2 of the best IDs in the game

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Aug 10, 2023

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

hey now, sinclair zwei has a clear purpose: sit on the support bench, giving someone 10% damage reduction in perpetuity :v:

Arcanuse fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Aug 10, 2023

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Arcanuse posted:

hey now, sinclair zwei has a clear purpose: sit on the support bench, giving someone 10% damage reduction in perpetuity :v:

ah the LCB Rodion strategy

Omniphile
Apr 5, 2010

Love? Justice? Pah! I'll crush them all!
I've got a bunch of shardboxes, should I get K Corp Hong Lu or Fluid Sac Don? I hear K Corp Hong Lu can solo anything and everything with the power of nanomachines + Dimension Shredder (which I have already,) but I want a nice EGO for Cinq Don.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
Kong Lu is definitely the more meta choice, but game is easy enough that you should just pick what you like more.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Omniphile posted:

I've got a bunch of shardboxes, should I get K Corp Hong Lu or Fluid Sac Don? I hear K Corp Hong Lu can solo anything and everything with the power of nanomachines + Dimension Shredder (which I have already,) but I want a nice EGO for Cinq Don.

Don's Fluid Sac is unfortunately not partiuclarly good. It doesn't really do much besides burst Tremor(which almost every tremor-focused ID can do) and costs a ton of resources. -25SP is nothing to sneeze at and It's an effective opener against human enemies in dungeons just for that, but it's probably not worth the cost overall most of the time. Then again it's not like she has better options if she's not using Charge.

As long as his speed holds up K Hong Lu can completely trivialize some rough fights even when he's not running solo, but doesn't really contribute much in normal fights and his support passive can get people killed so he needs to be used if he's on the team. He's a solid defensive option, probably the best one overall currently. e: and a solo monster, obviously

IMO K Hong Lu is the better choice but ultimately use whatever you want

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Aug 11, 2023

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Yeah I like you can use some non-ideal stuff if you like and also it's not like 'just throw three star IDs at the problem' is the best strategy, it seems like you can build some pretty coherent teams with a good mix of IDs.

Of course, I am currently mostly shoving three star IDs at things on my first go-through, but in my defense, I got Spicebush Yi Sang really early and he doesn't take hits well but he sure as gently caress dishes them out.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

The main benefit I've found from Fluid Sac Don is that it is a 48 on a heads and thus absolutely flattens any potential problem in Mirror Dungeon Hard. Whereas I've had some issues with telepole Don even on a heads against some enemies.

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me

Lord_Magmar posted:

The main benefit I've found from Fluid Sac Don is that it is a 48 on a heads and thus absolutely flattens any potential problem in Mirror Dungeon Hard. Whereas I've had some issues with telepole Don even on a heads against some enemies.

I've seen a video of someone soloing Form Empties (Or whatever the buddhist guy name is) with Cinq Quixote on MDH. Apparently, even if it doesn't have a lot of effect, Fluid Sac Don it has a lot of attack weight at Uptie IV and synergize well with CinQuixote.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

My last run in with the floor 5 hard mode bull was absolutely carried by uptie 3 Cinq Don and Fluid Sac EGO. She was the only one who never lost a clash with her EGO, everyone else ate poo poo at least once trying to clash that stupid burning crying beefy boss.

Also Attack Weight is the number of targets, you're thinking Attack Level, which for EGO is based on the identity in use in some manner. Cinq Don has very high Attack Levels (all her identities do afaik, she's very aggressive no matter the version).

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Aug 11, 2023

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Lord_Magmar posted:

oh I didn't know it rolled that high, that's a good niche use for it if you got the resources.

But yeah that bull is a real rear end in a top hat, I dipped out early the first time I fought it because it requires the Sinners to consistently roll heads on EGO at 45 Sanity and mine simply cannot do that. Yi Sang especially just loves completely making GBS threads the bed with Sunshower. Quitting at the end gives you 220 points instead of 225 (iirc) so it's not a big loss.

My last run I got the centipede and boy that thing dies super fast compared to the bull and MFE, though I also lucked into the "apply [status] every hit" and "do more/take less damage from enemy with [status]" for both bleed and sinking which probably helped.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

At level 30 on Cinq Don her Fluid Sac is a 20+28 on heads against the bull, not sure if that is due to attack level or if that's just the default values but it is an absolute power house if you can get it to roll heads often enough (like say, with a bunch of sanity regeneration going on).

Plus Cinq Don's special Duel mechanic works with her EGO, which makes her skills have higher base values the more she wins clashes with the target. So she's an extremely good boss clasher if you can keep up the resources (Sin and Sanity). It's almost as potent as Meursault for making problem bosses less of a problem.

So really, it depends on which of her tier 3 identities you have for what role you want her to fill and thus which of her big EGO you want. Cinq Don is an absolute clashing queen with very high attack levels so Fluid Sac pushes that further. Whereas Telepole clashes worse but helps make W-Corp Don into a much more consistent damage dealer, but she clashes not quite as well as Cinq Don.

Edit: Also correction, fluid sac is 38 (20+18) not 48 (20+28) but it's still higher than almost everything else the player has access to. For contrast, Telepole is 18+8 and even on corrosion is only 19+10. Fluid Sac corrosion is 42-29. It absolutely is a clashing machine compared to a lot of EGO and definitely compared to everything else Don herself has.

Faust might have the meta Fluid Sac EGO because of the healing, but Don has inherited the Fish's hosed up clash power clapping.

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Aug 11, 2023

Omniphile
Apr 5, 2010

Love? Justice? Pah! I'll crush them all!

Yinlock posted:

oh I didn't know it rolled that high, that's a good niche use for it if you got the resources.

The beauty of it for Cinq Don in particular is that she can completely self-sustain Fluid Sac, enabling her to do even more fun gimmick solo boss fights. I think I'm sold.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

For what it is worth, Sinners are never rolling an EGO at 45 sanity either unless you do something clever. They spend sanity before the clash, so they use the values of whatever the post spend sanity is.
Which is why they're not as reliable at rolling heads as you might think.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Lord_Magmar posted:

For what it is worth, Sinners are never rolling an EGO at 45 sanity either unless you do something clever. They spend sanity before the clash, so they use the values of whatever the post spend sanity is.

Do they? My whining about the bull aside i've found that they hit clash rolls pretty consistently but gently caress up damage rolls very often so I thought the sanity drain applied post-clash. This is probably confirmation bias though. Maybe the damage rolls just stand out more because they're the only rolls that matter most of the time when using EGO outside of MD2

Omniphile posted:

The beauty of it for Cinq Don in particular is that she can completely self-sustain Fluid Sac, enabling her to do even more fun gimmick solo boss fights. I think I'm sold.

It's still pretty expensive and her skill numbers don't really match up with it, she'll need to use her skill 3 twice and skill 2 4 times to get it going. This isn't as big a problem in solo fights obviously but i'm not a fan of solo strats, I paid good imaginary money for these pngs i'm going to use all of them.

e: solo fights let her passive shine way more though, it's generally not that useful if you don't have something like the MD2 speed boost because someone's always gonna lowroll their speed. nice for some bosses tho

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Aug 11, 2023

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Yinlock posted:

Do they? My whining about the bull aside i've found that they hit clash rolls pretty consistently but gently caress up damage rolls very often so I thought the sanity drain applied post-clash. This is probably confirmation bias though. Maybe the damage rolls just stand out more because they're the only rolls that matter most of the time when using EGO outside of MD2

This is what I observe too. At lower Sanity you can even go Sanity positive overall if you win a clash with it but the SP gain from the clash applies before the SP cost to use an EGO.

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
search engine in the world!"
-- The GoogleProg

Lord_Magmar posted:

The drain is absolutely pre-damage but post-clash, you can literally watch it happen in the UI if you just look at the fight. A Sinner will never HIT with an EGO at 45 Sanity unless you're doing funny business, but they will CLASH at 45.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Ariamaki posted:

The drain is absolutely pre-damage but post-clash, you can literally watch it happen in the UI if you just look at the fight. A Sinner will never HIT with an EGO at 45 Sanity unless you're doing funny business, but they will CLASH at 45.

It's a very weird time to deduct the cost, but I guess it lets tails EGOs have some chance of going off properly on a positive ID

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

That is really weird, and makes tails rolling EGO worse at clashing (and I guess means I've just got unlucky with heads rolling EGO).

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
search engine in the world!"
-- The GoogleProg

Yinlock posted:

It's a very weird time to deduct the cost, but I guess it lets tails EGOs have some chance of going off properly on a positive ID

Yeah in a perfect world I'd want the deduction to either be at the very start (ideal for tails-flip types) or post-attack (ideal for heads-flips), but I suppose it does create some wider variance for tactical uncertainty. It's in the interesting sweet spot where you DO have one small perk of this specific timing: If you're NOT at 45 Sanity, you gain the +10 for winning the clash first, before the subtraction, allowing it to shore you up and keep the value higher... But conversely if you were at 45 said Sanity is wasted.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
https://twitter.com/putsipim/status/1689829754546028544?t=8zuD8Y2EtphXxS93dxJAZA&s=19

If I'm reading this right, there's been a 54% player count drop because of the unfair dismissal thing.

Ryanbomber
Sep 27, 2004

GilliamYaeger posted:

https://twitter.com/putsipim/status/1689829754546028544?t=8zuD8Y2EtphXxS93dxJAZA&s=19

If I'm reading this right, there's been a 54% player count drop because of the unfair dismissal thing.

That number is week-over-week. There's been a 54% player count drop because they compared the week they released the summer event to an extremely dead week

A lot of people only seem to play on reset day, and the bump's size is based on how exciting the update that week is. You can see the same phenomenon on steamcharts https://steamcharts.com/app/1973530#3m

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ryanbomber posted:

That number is week-over-week. There's been a 54% player count drop because they compared the week they released the summer event to an extremely dead week

A lot of people only seem to play on reset day, and the bump's size is based on how exciting the update that week is. You can see the same phenomenon on steamcharts https://steamcharts.com/app/1973530#3m
tbf the current player count is the lowest its ever been, even compared to other dead weeks. 50% is an exaggeration but they seem to have lost about 1k of their regular players. if the number during dead weeks used to bottom out at 7k and now its at 6k, then that means they've lost 1000 of their most dedicated, hardcore players. some of that might just be general fatigue but still.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
You also have to ask how many of their regulars are no longer dropping dosh into the game that they otherwise would have, as well.

Definitely don't envy being PM right now.

Anyways, I wouldn't put too much stock into that article; it's probably correct but it also doesn't mean anything on its own.

Ryanbomber
Sep 27, 2004

Oh, yeah, they absolutely pissed off a bunch of people and they deserve it

It's just hard to know exactly how hard they got hit by it from the outside, and that number is not going to be as dramatic as "50% of all players have left forever"

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
I think looking at monthly earnings and if they're trending up/down/staying as is might be a better thing to look at to determine how Limbus is doing. At least if the data is trustworthy, I never looked into reliablility of stuff like sensortower.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

RottenK posted:

I think looking at monthly earnings and if they're trending up/down/staying as is might be a better thing to look at to determine how Limbus is doing. At least if the data is trustworthy, I never looked into reliablility of stuff like sensortower.

yeah i wouldn't try to read the financial tea-leaves with short-term earnings (e:/user count), waiting for a broader trend seems smarter imo

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Aug 13, 2023

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009
How much of the studio income is HamHamPangPang? I don’t know that there’s a good way to check the knock on effects to that without going full stalker.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

CommunityEdition posted:

How much of the studio income is HamHamPangPang? I don’t know that there’s a good way to check the knock on effects to that without going full stalker.

HHPP is a weird side thing, limbus actually made them a million+ dollars

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Wonderlab has been taken down at the artist's request.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Wonderlab has been taken down at the artist's request.

Has it? I can still access it, seems to still be there.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the artist's asked wonderlab to be taken down. whether they have to actually listen to the artist and if they will either way is up in the air.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/whitezombies_MI/status/1690991681104187392

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

I mean they’ve pissed off labor unions, their employees, most of their fandom, and the government. What’s copyright law while they’re at it?

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me

TeeQueue posted:

I mean they’ve pissed off labor unions, their employees, most of their fandom, and the government. What’s copyright law while they’re at it?

I mean, she was apparently mad with the cafe and the usage of WonderLab content in LoR so it was probably the straw that broke the camel back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

L.U.I.G.I posted:

I mean, she was apparently mad with the cafe and the usage of WonderLab content in LoR so it was probably the straw that broke the camel back.
Huh, in any other situation I'd be surprised that the comic creator wasn't consulted first, and compensated if she gave permission, but in the current situation it's just disappointing, not surprising. Like, how did they not make a contract that allowed them to use the characters and concepts the comic creator came up with herself instead of getting handed? If that's what they planned to do, they should have made it clear to her from the start so she could back out or get the amount of compensation that'd get her to agree.