Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobbert
Dec 8, 2002
Fish N Scooters
Fun Shoe
It felt like it was 1000 corners when I was on it. Everything looks soooo good this year after all the rain loving flowers everywhere.

Edit: here is a pic of my vespa I am replacing the crank in. I converted the front brakes to full hydraulic and went through the frame last year.

bobbert fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Jun 27, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

bobbert posted:

It felt like it was 1000 corners when I was on it. Everything looks soooo good this year after all the rain loving flowers everywhere.

Edit: here is a pic of my vespa I am replacing the crank in. I converted the front brakes to full hydraulic and went through the frame last year.

Godspeed you absolute lunatic

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
After a long hiatus from bikes, I bought a thing

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Welcome back!

I still have my MT07 that I should have sold three months agoo. I can't even ride it because I hate the ergos now.

How do you like the exhaust?

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?
A) Wait for conditions to improve
B) Caulk the motorcycle and float across
C) Attempt to ford the river

This summer has been loving brutal. Either it's too hot and humid to go outside (talking like 95° with 90% humidity), or it's the god drat Wizard of Oz out there. I miss last summer when it rained like three times in four months and everyone's grass died.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

C :f5:

*You have died of Dysentery*

Remy Marathe
Mar 15, 2007

_________===D ~ ~ _\____/

Beve Stuscemi posted:

C :f5:

*You have died of Dysentery Malaria*
Updated for the 2020's

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Strife posted:

C) Attempt to ford the river

Not a bike but never fuckin Chevy the river when you're meant to Ford it

(not sure how to embed just the video)

https://www.reddit.com/r/Whatcouldgowrong/comments/15213k7/driving_by_the_river_edge/

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?

Phy posted:

Not a bike but never fuckin Chevy the river when you're meant to Ford it

(not sure how to embed just the video)

https://www.reddit.com/r/Whatcouldgowrong/comments/15213k7/driving_by_the_river_edge/

The Reddit link made me think that might be the recent r/Harley post from another guy in Massachusetts who rode through the same storm, hosed it up, crashed his bike and wound up in the hospital because obviously he wasn’t wearing any protective gear.

Such a wonderful website.

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Took out the Utility Cycle for a hike in the forest then down to the lake. Good poo poo. It's such a benign thing, rides a lot better with the Ohlins shock but still super easy around town.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

happy saturday to yall

Remy Marathe
Mar 15, 2007

Nice, good effort composition

epswing
Nov 4, 2003

Soiled Meat

Remy Marathe posted:

Nice, good effort composition

That nondescript warehouse really livens things up, otherwise it’d be just another boring motorcycle photograph.

Remy Marathe
Mar 15, 2007

No sarcasm, it's a bunch of simple but strong lines and backgrounds including the grass-squared pavement that would be really nice for showing off the bike itself, like that spot with the sun in a position to light the body a little better and less diffused would be very nice. The door is distracting but you can't like move doors with your mind.

Remy Marathe fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Aug 6, 2023

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Nearly there but that's the ugly side of the bike and it's tilted towards the camera, 7/10

Remy Marathe
Mar 15, 2007

FBS can we get this shot with the bike rotated 180 degrees and the sun angled front left, maybe a little fill flash from the bottom? Naked butt if you can work it in tastefully

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

can't believe you guys are making fun of the photography instead of how filthy my bike is

Remy Marathe
Mar 15, 2007

You need some fill flash to tell the grime story, currently it's as deceptively clean as a classified ad.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

FBS posted:

can't believe you guys are making fun of the photography instead of how filthy my bike is

Washing your bike is illegal

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Beve Stuscemi posted:

Washing your bike is illegal

Mine hasn't been washed in 3 or so years now

LimaBiker
Dec 9, 2020

Slightly darker irl, blacks are properly black.

I've set up a little darkroom in my bedroom for analog photo prints. Am very happy with how this one came out. It's enlarged to 18x24cm from a half frame picture (so 72 pictures on a standard roll of 35mm film).

Camera used:

A gimmicky little thing. But the pictures it takes are razor sharp and with less grainy film you can blow them up to poster size. But i intentionally use 400 iso black and white film for the gritty look.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

FBS posted:

that's the point of buying a silver or grey vehicle, you can never really tell how filthy they are

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Brown is the elite color

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

You can’t see the leaks, you cant see the dirt. Is it all leaks? All dirt? Perfectly clean?

WHO KNOWS!

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Brown is the natural color of all bikes as it either gets dirty or turns to rust.

Mine got more brown as the day went on because I got stuck in a mud puddle about 3 minutes after taking this.

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Invalido
Dec 28, 2005

BICHAELING
That is such a pretty bike and I want one even though I don't really want one. In just that color scheme, obviously.

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

I love it. Honestly the SP colours are better though

I was looking for some wheels and inadvertently saw how cheap bikes are in the UK. £12k for a 2019 SP

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/374876450474

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

Which tires did you end up using for the track school, looks like Diablo Rosso IV? What did you think?

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Yup Diablo Rosso IVs. I thought they were good, they look pretty hosed now though. My instructor recommended to get some track tyres or slicks for next track days and not to push too hard on the last day of the course. I felt they were OK but will get another set of wheels and maybe some Metzeler Racetecs on them.

What I do have is a lot of rubber built up on the front which feels terrible when I took the bike to the wash earlier

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

There's a lot of rubber caked on but they don't look particularly worn, that said I can't speak to their thermal state but they're probably fine

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Yeah I'm sure you're right. I have a day up at the Anneau du Rhin in Sept and will try and get some other tyres by then, I guess no huge problem if not.

I really really enjoyed myself at Hockenheim, what a loving blast.

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

I get the impression they are a lot bigger on slicks and liter bikes in Europe than the US, or at least California. I've never ridden on slicks, but kind of seems like a waste of money to me if you're not racing. That said I've totally thought about buying a second set of wheels so I can have track oriented tires (eg RS10) and street oriented tires (eg S22) and not have to worry about ruining one or the other depending on what type of riding I happened to be doing at that time. It's "only" 800 USD for a new complete set of wheels for my bike. Maybe it's worth it since my Q3+ have only lasted ~500 miles whereas with normal street riding they'd easily last 6x that long, if not 10x.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Slicks are cheap, just rummage through the cast offs from the local racing :smug:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

My old roommate did a ton of track days and amateur races on take-offs. Ain’t no shame

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
Berryessa run like the beforetimes.

Too late for the last round of challenges in the riding game, have a wasteland orchard.

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

knox_harrington posted:

Yeah I'm sure you're right. I have a day up at the Anneau du Rhin in Sept and will try and get some other tyres by then, I guess no huge problem if not.

I really really enjoyed myself at Hockenheim, what a loving blast.

Took the plunge and got some track tyres, for about half what I paid the garage for the diablo rossos. These are Metzeler Racetec K3s which are the harder compound.

I have a nice gold rear wheel waiting at my brother's place in London - interestingly made by Enkei.

I think my only real option for a matching front is getting one through a Honda dealer which will be a bit steep.

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

My wheels are Enkei as well, must have a partnership with Honda. Those are DOT race tires, though, yeah? Slavvy will know better, but those may take a lot more effort to warm up and keep warm compared to the Pirelli's you were on. I'm under the impression that street tires basically warm up on their own (but are susceptible to overheating on track) whereas race tires it's going to be a deliberate effort. Accelerate and brake hard in a straight line on your out lap.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

It's fairer to say street tyres have a drastically colder and broader operating window at the expense of outright grip and heat capacity

On a literbike it doesn't take much to warm up track day tires but you do have to be more deliberate about it yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

I finally got a front stand after ages worrying about what type to get. Are forks generally a standard distance apart? The ones at the race school had a different end and couldn't be used on this bike because some of the ABS gubbins gets in the way. This type with pins that just fit in the end of the fork seems ideal.

Also managed to track down a matching, hopefully, front wheel for the back I bought, which comes with rotors and the surprisingly expensive ABS wheel. It took a bit of figuring out but I'm pretty sure the SP model rotors are exactly the same as the base model ones, just with gold centres.

Chain lubed and adjusted, also I put in a little oil to get to the top mark.