Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX
shhh. Let him speak

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

no, let's wait for the facts, i'm sure everything was well-documented

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

You know, Madison really should have reached out to Linus for comment about this before posting those tweets. This is poor journalistic practice.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Jeff Fatwood posted:

2001 regdate bitch

hey I resent that

Branch Nvidian posted:

You know, Madison really should have reached out to Linus for comment about this before posting those tweets. This is poor journalistic practice.

:lol:

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

I'm smelling a new 'sad Linus face' video coming soon at this point. He will play the 'I'm a normal guy, like you, with a wife and kids, I'm trying to do the right thing, I'm just a normal person', as if that wasn't the case for any other big corpos (including evil ones).

The funny thing is, that sadLInus video from years ago already showed Linus personality issues. In the video he said how he was sad how he wasn't seeing his own children growing up as much as he should, because you know, all the hours needed for his intense work as CEO of a company. So he planned to foster other hosts as front faces of the channel, while he could fade in the background more and more, and finally enjoy being a parent, once certain goals of 'success' would be achieved.
It has been years since that, and we all know what happened: work less? naw, he is a workaholic, he just found new goals to attain, once past goals were reached. He still appeared regularly on the videos, he loves being the star of the show. In fact, he hired a new CEO (but he is still his boss, lol at the thought that will work, he will micro manage him to death), so he has more time to appear MORE on the videos, other hosts feature now less than two years ago imo.
He doesn't get most people don't get to enjoy their children because they have to work to earn to eat and have a roof. But that isn't his case anymore, he is set for life. So... what is his excuse? He just loves himself (and by extension, his job, and him starring videos) too much.

Turin Turambar fucked around with this message at 10:28 on Aug 16, 2023

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

ltt down 100k subs for just yesterday

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

Turin Turambar posted:

I'm smelling a new 'sad Linus face' video coming soon at this point. He will play the 'I'm a normal guy, like you, with a wife and kids, I'm trying to do the right thing, I'm just a normal person', as if that wasn't the case for any other big corpos (including evil ones).

The funny thing is, that sadLInus video from years ago already showed Linus personality issues. In the video he said how he was sad how he wasn't seen his own children growing up as much as he should, because you know, all the hours needed for his intense work as CEO of a company. So he planned to foster other hosts as front faces of the channel, while he could fade in the background more and more, and finally enjoy being a parent, once certain goals of 'success' would be achieved.
It has been years since that, and we all know what happened: work less? naw, he is a workaholic, he just found new goals to attain, once past goals were reached. He still appeared regularly on the videos, he loves being the star of the show. In fact, he hired a new CEO (but he is still his boss, lol at the thought that will work, he will micro manage him to death), so he has more time to appear MORE on the videos, other hosts feature now less than two years ago imo.
He doesn't get more people don't get to enjoy their children because they have to work to earn to eat and have a roof. But that isn't his case anymore, he is set for life. So... what is his excuse? He just loves himself (and by extension, his job, and him starring videos) too much.

"I'm doing this for you guys"

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

Ahead of his time.

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

Cynic Jester posted:

Ahead of his time.

All of this coming out is, sadly, pretty unsurprising coming from a guy who hosted his own roast to celebrate how big and influential he is. I already didn't like LTT, but sometimes found an interesting video and the thrice-a-week tech news videos were informative, but with the GN videos and now the allegations from Madison I don't think I'll be able to watch anything of theirs outside of how they fail to handle this whole thing.

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013
Jesus, that Madison story is chilling. The subreddit is out for blood now.

Former Human posted:

hey I resent that

You're right, that was uncalled for.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
isn't there a clip of linus saying what a ruthless negotiator his wife (head of hr) is.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Cantide posted:

Yes please enjoy your mob mentality, feels good i'm sure. Please also see that I in no way want to absolve LMG of any responsibility or wrongdoing here. Just don't rush into things without facts and don't think in black and white, people are complicated is all I'm saying. But I can see i'm hosed here, so peace out

What about logic. You need to approach these things with both facts and logic, thats how you pwn ppl

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
in a sense this is part of the fallout of the unionization discussion from... two ??? years ago and Linus said he didn't want to and thought it wasn't necessary

Captain Theron
Mar 22, 2010

I quite enjoyed the dumb "let's make a water cooler out of a bunch of scrap" videos, but gently caress him. I can't see any way back from this. Poor Madison, that is really hosed up that she had to go through that.

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH
People telling you to gently caress off because you post like a dipshit is not "mob mentality"

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Oh I just realized that the screenshot I looked at was only half of what she wrote, and of course it gets worse

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

when and why did LTT have an OnlyFans

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

Rubellavator posted:

humor

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Vic posted:

ltt down 100k subs for just yesterday

Sadly I don't think we are going to see a dramatic jump to near zero like with the taxman.

TheOneVader
Jun 9, 2006

Don't kiss your sister, Son...

Rubellavator posted:

It was their April Fool's Day video I think two years ago.

Belan
May 7, 2007
Apparently there's a response video on Floatplane that was filmed before Madison's twitter thread.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

What do they do now?

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

TheOneVader posted:

It was their April Fool's Day video I think two years ago.

April Fool's Madison LOL

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Vic posted:

What do they do now?

lock him up

Belan
May 7, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0_HiB5CQq0

Someone put it on Youtube

Belan fucked around with this message at 11:29 on Aug 16, 2023

imHitchens
Oct 24, 2012

harlequin macaw

Holy crap, a ton has been added on top of the long screenshot. JFC

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

loving :lmao:

The Grumbles
Jun 5, 2006

Only 5 minutes in and strong 'hostages reading from cue card' energy from the new CEO

And then after that even stronger 'megachurch owner promising that God told them to buy the private jet with your tithes' energy from the CFO.

Seriously though this is the tensest, guns-to-our-heads apology video I think I've ever seen. It's the 'this is fine' KC green cartoon made manifest.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

They're stopping video production until further notice

E: lmao they're peddling screwdrivers in the apology video

Vic fucked around with this message at 11:36 on Aug 16, 2023

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Wait, why is there like 800 new posts in the youtube idiot thread?

Oh!

The Grumbles
Jun 5, 2006

Vic posted:

They're stopping video production until further notice

Just for a week according to this apology video?

edit: omg the apology video still does the lttstore.com plug, with a little knowing chuckle and everything

The Grumbles fucked around with this message at 11:39 on Aug 16, 2023

kliras
Mar 27, 2021
ran it through a quick transcribing script, with all the imperfections that come with it

Auto .txt transcription posted:

I think Luke put it best at the rest of the few years ago when he said, "Why the

f***ing you here?" That's a two-part answer. I speak to you today because of the recent

community outcry demanding change. I'm here because I agree with the community. We do have a lot of

work to do. Before we talk about that, while I wish those on better terms, I just want to say

I'm very glad to meet you all. I have spent the last couple decades on the corporate side,

but my educational background is in computer science. My first role in the tech industry was as

the writer at Naseyker. My history building gaming PCs was even further back to when I built

like to sell around 300 a-rig because everyone assured me it was guaranteed to overclock to

450 megahertz. I guess my trip didn't really get the memo. Any case, it feels really good to be back

on most days. I'm only six weeks into the job, but in that time I've seen a lot, I'd like to

some budgeting, team building, and operations. But my main focus has been to be a fly on the wall,

and Gina understanding of what's going right and what's going wrong. There's a lot of both.

I've asked a team to you, "I'm flinchingly address both the concerns that happened raised

and how we intend to fix them, with the money we'll make from our sponsor." Just kidding.

I was asked for unflinching and here it is. Linus is a human gas molecule. You've been telling him

for years and I've been telling him for years. Staying relevant on YouTube is hard for everyone,

but we aren't fighting for survival anymore and we don't need to run at this pace. In fact,

in some ways it's our efforts to keep doing more and keep doing better that have created our current

situation. My background is in managing a pharmacy where the small details matter a lot, and basically

I agree with the community, so I'm putting my foot down. Effective immediately, all YouTube video

production is on pause. And our teams are going to be spending this entire next week focusing on

long-term workflow changes to make our content better in a lasting way. This means for the first time

in over 12 years, LTT will be missing not just one daily upload, but many. But improving to the

degree that we want and need is going to take more than a week. So I'll be working with

Ternan Cole to manage our sponsor commitments and the financial hit of both this housekeeping week

and a reduction in our LTT upload schedule. At least for now, we'll get our house in order.

But before anyone gets concerned that we're going to cut investments into the well-being of

our personnel and our future capabilities, I can assure you that I've read the criticisms that we

weren't willing to spend $500 to test a product. And as the one that manages the finance,

I can tell you that couldn't be further from the truth. Linus made it clear and egregious

judgment error regarding retesting a product he felt was impractical. That was wrong, and I've told him

so. He allowed his personal feelings on the matter to cloud his judgment. And I want to stress

that our organization is committed to our ongoing investments in making our content better.

And we will do better as a team. Why don't I let our chief money spendor take it from here?

Hi, I'm Gary, head of labs. First off, we've made some mistakes. Too many. We're hoping that it's how

we deal with them moving forward that will define who we are. And regardless, it's clear that

we need to serve you better. So our team will be spending our week publishing living documents for

our testing standards and opening them up to feedback from the community and our peers in the

industry. Should they wish to participate? We will also task part of the team with going back through

every video with labs data to ensure accuracy, make full corrections. And if there are any fundamental

issues with workflow designer results, pull or replace that video outright. I don't agree with every

criticism that's been leveled at my team. But for my part, I need to own what we've done wrong

and lay out our action plan for how to move forward. Before I do that, one point I do need to address

here is that Linus misspoke when he said we retest for every video. We retest for every project.

When we use the same data for our RX7600 and RTX 4060 Ti videos, we knew in advance that these

cards would release two days apart. In design of broadcast week that accounted for all the numbers

we would need to make those two videos and ran everything at once with no bios or driver changes.

In fairness Linus, the project video ratio is normally one to one, but the devil's in the details.

Now, let's talk about what's coming. We will release our current Markbin harnesses

is open source items so that the community can audit the code around our test integrations.

We will do a vlog style video and flow plane about our testing from start to finish,

so you can see how the sausage is actually made. We will open a new community forum post

asking for transparency suggestions and more importantly, we will follow up. We will start

placing our testing project number in the credits, so we are always open about the data set that

was used for the benchmark results. And there is a lot more still to come ranging from test

variation percentages for workbench to each benchmark we utilize in videos among others.

It's going to be a busy week of not making videos. Same goes for us. I'm James head of the

writing department. We are extremely grateful for everything the lab has done and continues to do

to make our job easier, but the actual testing is not the biggest source of our recent struggles.

It's the human factor. There have been times when an internal video review caught an incorrect

graph resulting in new versions of the graph being created only for those new graphs to not be put in the

video. Just about every error that has appeared in a video in the past year has directly resulted

in a process change designed to prevent that specific issue from ever happening again. But this

kind of problem pops up, create a new process whack-a-mole isn't working. We'll be using our time to take

feedback from our team on all of our processes and comb through all of our pending projects for

areas where we can improve as we move forward with our reduced upload schedule. You'll see some of

these videos go up during our time off. We already have multiple videos that are scheduled for

release, but my main message to the team is that we want to spend this time working on inter

department communication and cleaning up our house. What we won't be doing is sanitizing things too

much. We know that some of our best videos are centered around Linus and other members of the team

goofing around with tech and having fun. That is not going to stop. But others, like G

P.U. and CPU releases certainly require all the rigor we can muster. Those launches don't happen

as often these days, so it will take some time before you see the full payoff of our continuous

improvement. But it has already started happening. Not only did the community love our 46th

review, but our team found it less stressful to put out. Have we had a flawless victory? No.

But since these last reviews, we've onboarded a dedicated visualization person whose full-time

job it is to create graphs that are correct, digestible, and accessible. We've done serious

development on our automatic specs database thing so that our visualizations pull the correct

info in every time. And we'll soon be announcing the details of a new crowd-sourced fact-checking

system for both LTT and tech-quickie so that our content's correctness satisfies even our most

discerning community members. I'm Ed. Head of our production team. We have some of the most

comprehensive documentation and processes in the company, from automations to keep project information

accurate to communication procedures to standards for how loud videos can be. Those systems

have helped with the video at its side of things, but I've seen some examples where we failed to

see the forest for the trees and allowed well-edited, but erroneous content to slip through the cracks.

So for our part, we'll be spending our time looking at how we can improve communication to help the

team address anything that seems off as soon as possible. A personal task for me will be putting the

finishing touches on some cool ways that we can make small edits that avoid the slap-dash text on

screen corrections whenever possible. As for how we catch those bugs? That's not my department,

so I'm throwing it over to Nick. Hold on, hold on. I'm mostly on the product side LTTstore.com.

What? Somebody had to say it. But the theme of today's video is transparency and accountability.

You might not see me in video credits, but I still serve as a last line of defense

interviewing most LTT videos before they are published. I typically check for security links and

inappropriate or NSFW jokes, but there are times when I catch a factual error or a weird

graph that doesn't really tell the full story. To be clear, we also have checks for technical

aspects from our writing team, and in some cases, the lab, but our processes for ensuring those

checks happen and following up these findings haven't been perfect and our corrections are

often made quickly. So while we take this time to reflect, I'll be focused on helping build a

set of guidelines for our pre-release reviews and trying to set up a system that allows our team

to take a finer look at every aspect of our videos, every single time. And maybe with time,

everyone here will be so aligned with our mission that my input is no longer needed,

and I can focus my full attention on making little widgets that you don't need, but definitely want,

like this retro-themed screwdriver. Arizona supporting assets like tables and grass,

chip away our credibility. So continue to improve our process issues to minimize errors

will may not top priority under my leadership. I guarantee there will be future mistakes. We are human,

but in the next week we'll be creating and publishing a clear policy for correction handling,

and I'll be working with a community management team to be prompt and transparent with

questions are as visible as possible. I think what happened with the Polish mouse as a perfect

example of the kind of breakdown that should never happen again. Last Friday, Linus was notified

of the issue a couple hours before the one show, where he discussed the errors with the video

in short circuit and apologize unequivocally. But while we recut the video to remove the misleading

information, no one close the loop and dealt with a tone deaf and frankly unapologetic correction

in the pinned comment, our mission is to get the information to the community, which includes having

a degree of humility about our mistakes, even if it makes us look less imperfect. The other side of

my job as CEO is keeping the lights on ensuring our staff is well taken care of and putting dollars

into some fun stuff like water cooling a PC with a pool. And that's through sponsorships,

affiliate programs, paid subscriptions, or merchandise sales. One thing that's not negotiable with me,

ownership, or the business team on sponsored content is we need to maintain control of the

creative as a call with a potential partner recently. They asked for a cream prep piece. What's the

cream puff piece? That's one of their like, how much money do we have to give you just so that you tell

the story that we want. Before I can jump in and say anything, just because I'm in shock at this point

in time, Nick turns over and says, no, absolutely not. I started laughing a little bit and I just said,

hey Nick, there's probably a better way to handle that, where we could just soften up a little bit.

But the truth is, I don't disagree with them. We've had many rocky periods of sponsors where they're

not happy with the content or the conclusions and because they can affect the editorial events.

This has in Canadians a house in a negative impact on revenue. I think we're pretty transparent

on how, where, and why we being our money. And one of our strategic pillars is to make sure that

we can maintain editorial independence. This has included an multiple occasion saying goodbye

and good luck to sponsors ranging from thousands of dollars a year to hundreds of thousands of

dollars a year over remaining independent and doing right by the LTT community. While we were

deciding if we were a good fit for each other, I was very pleased to see the integrity of the team

here based on the deals that these guys have walked away from. I think one thing that we've done

a poor job of however is publishing these standards where a community can see them. That's

something I'll be improving upon. And so will I. I'm Colton, the Head of Business Development,

which includes departments like HR, procurement, logistics, events, and sales and marketing.

Sponsorship specifically or an area where Linus has more limited oversight than he used to.

And in my opinion, we haven't done a great job conveying that. It's up to my team to vet incoming

sponsor requests and deal with issues that you, our viewers have with our brand partners.

One way we do that is using our LMG Sponsored Discussion Subforum on LinusTectives.com to create a

dialogue between our business team and the community. It's obvious from some of the issues we're

seeing that we need to be more communicative when we're actively working with brand

to rectify issues. Most content creators can attest to the fact that brands sometimes take forever

to respond to messages or address problems. A perfect example is anchored not removing Linus

tectives from their Amazon pages even though we've been asking to be removed since our partnership

with them ended months ago. We work hard to push for accountability, but we also understand that

these businesses are either large with lots of moving parts or small with limited resources.

So things can take time, but you shouldn't be waiting in the dark. It's critical for us to get the

sponsorship piece right because real talk, you guys are the boss. If you're not happy with brands we work

with, you won't engage with our sponsors and suddenly we won't be able to support all the cool stuff

we're currently able to do. Moving forward then, you can expect weekly updates in the sub-forum on

issues that need addressing and we'll also include an up-to-date list of product verticals

that are off limits for our channels. We hope this will enable us to make better calls consistently

from here on out, all while maintaining our long time commitment to transparency. Finally, I want to

apologize to Bill it Labs for auction off their Monoblock at LTX 2023. Our process is failed when I

was selecting items to include in the charity auction, but then it was compounded because when the

issue was brought up to me via email, even though I replied two hours later apologizing and offering

to pay for the component, I forgot to actually include our contact in that email, so it went to

our procurement team instead of Bill it Labs. Side note, that same team, God bless him, didn't ask our

event team who won the silent auction items and proceeded to email everyone asking, we don't need

any of that. Certainly not for tax purposes, I clearly need to spend some of my week training the team,

unless I actually get fired for real this time. Moving forward, we'll be implementing a more

rigid process for separating items that need to go back and which ones we'll be holding on to

you for future testing. This might ring a little hollow coming from one half of the Wansho team that brought

you trust me bro and the private hearing incident among others, but we need to be better about our

communication. Now I have no intention to like kill the silly humor or be less open with people.

I don't want anything to be less fun, but we do need to be respectful and conscious of the

impact of our words. We should be proud of the work that we do, but we shouldn't negatively

compare ourselves to our fellow tech reviewers. When issuing corrections, we need to apologize,

we need to respect people's time and their money. I said after the last round of this that you

don't win by screaming loudly or draming hard, you win by fixing problems, improving and becoming

a hard target. We're still f***ing up a lot and we need to own that, fix it and move on, not be

defensive or shirt blame. That being said, I'm not really on the production side of things these days,

what my teams and I are working hard on is to support the other teams in other ways.

Reintegrating into LMG has been somewhat terrifying. One of my teams jobs is to take over management

of the infrastructure and while I have brought an experienced team member into the fold,

it needs a lot of work. So far we've mostly just been focused on documenting what we even have,

and most of our initial steps beyond that will be improving overall stability,

rather than flash you video or the projects. Any production interruptions due to

shotty infrastructure add additional burden to the other teams and our goal is 6/9.

We'll also continue to maintain and develop our inventory system, which with better processes

should be able to help keep things like bill its prototype from being mishandled, misplaced,

and misused in the future. And the foundational work we're doing on reliable data management and

storage should enable teams like the editors and the engineering folks in the lab to move faster

and more confidently with lower risk of errors thanks to new tools like our spec state-of-base.

Among my other unmentioned unrelated responsibilities is keeping the Linus from driving off various

cliffs, which I have failed that a number of times. And let's face it, he's going to fail again.

Hey, it's me. I'm chief vision officer now, but realistically I'm not going to be able to hide

behind my recent demotion here. I was the one at the head of the company for each and every mistake

that our community has rightly brought to our attention. And once again, I made things worse by

allowing myself to respond emotionally. It's honestly really hard when people take an internal

process error and then they run that all the way to Linus is a thief and wants to auction someone else's

intellectual property to the highest bidder. Or accuses me of trying to brush something under the rug

just because I do think it's important to get all the details before declaring me to be a low-down

liar straight-up piece of s***. We were slow shipping back the GPU that bill it labs sent us. There's

nowhere around it. That's our bad. But the delay in communication, the one that prompted the post that you

guys just saw, it was less than two business days. The second that I was made aware of the situation

on the 14th, I emailed bill it labs and I explained what happened. I even included Colton's

attempt at apologizing and offering no questions asked full compensation for their stated value of

the product, which happened on the 10th before we were under any pressure to do so and without Colton

even bothering to check with me or Yvonne before just saying go for it. He knows that our

internal policy is to do the right thing. So he tried, bless him. I guess his job is safe for

another day. And I, sorry, I guess I've actually gotten a little bit emotional here again. So

I'm going to stop there because whatever's being said about me and whatever's being said about

the team should never have allowed my feelings to distract from any valid criticism of our work.

My decision, for example, to not bother retesting the mono block, that was obviously wrong

and my lame response on the forum was a huge and unnecessary blender. I owe you guys better and

I'm sorry. For my part, first, I'm going to be working through the other members of the

exec team for any crisis communication moving forward and second, I'm going to spend my week

working with the other teams to develop a system of processes that will help our company fulfill

my vision of being a world-class tech media organization. I'm also going to be spending my week

just refocusing guys on what matters most, which is bringing you guys the best drat content that we

can make. It's been over 10 years, it's been almost 15. But I still love tech. I love my team

and even though our relationship's a little rocky right now, I love this community and everything

that it stands for. None of that has changed and none of it is going to.

During my interview, one line from Linus at Stoodout to me was, I need somebody to come in who I know

will be respectful of my life's work. That's one of the gravity of what he was asking for, Don Nummy,

for the first time. I'm by no means influenced your social media guy, but suddenly I'm accountable

not only to Linus and a bond and then hire staff at LMG, but most importantly, to the entire LMG

audience. I'm fortunate to be inheriting a wonderful team that is passionate and has a

ton of energy who shares the same goal. We celebrate our ones together and when we mistakes,

we also share the responsibility. I'll be coaching the team on the kinds of deep state corporate

stuff that I think I'm reasonably good at. Budgeting, team building, relationship management,

business development, operational processes. All things I consider to be essential by skills,

rather than the tactics of some sort of weird, Illuminati conspiracy. We need to be a more well

old machine with better accountability as we kind of more complicated internally with how technical,

writing, editing, themes all have to coordinate. There are still going to be deadlines, due dates

and ten hundred equals that we still need to drive towards, but how of all this obviously needs more

to accomplish. I planned these topics to be covered in internal conversations over the coming weeks,

but instead I'm talking to you about it during this on the job experience of what it's like to

work at a YouTube company. For all our words, the team has worked hard to build up trust in the

community and share the joy and the passion that we all have for tech. So I do not take for granted

the responsibility and stewardship that comes along with this position and I welcome continue

to construct a feedback. Thank you for all for holding us accountable. I feel ready for the challenge

and ready for this message from our sponsor. Just kidding again. But [dbrand] did offer.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
not to distract from the topic at hand but youtube has started hitting me with pop-ups asking that I sign up for Premium. Annoying.

Profanity
Aug 26, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Holy christ can you people even attempt to sound like you're not reading from a teleprompter? That whole video is so forced and unnatural.

jeffreyw
Jan 20, 2013

Errors due to overwork? Errors due to overwork.

Edit: Also good job LMG for publishing Billet Lab’s prototype cost when they specifically asked Steve Burke to not publish the amount.

jeffreyw fucked around with this message at 11:49 on Aug 16, 2023

Belan
May 7, 2007
Of course the official video is monetized.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

Weirdest apology video I've seen. They felt they need to put in jokes for some reason.

E: Apparently Colton hosed up with the email, I couldn't make out what the CEO was saying, Linus with shaky voice said he hosed up, but went on a tangent on how it was only two business days between the email from Billet about "WTF youre selling our poo poo???"

All of it read from a teleprompter with the weird goofy cadence of a normal video, just sad looking.

Vic fucked around with this message at 12:03 on Aug 16, 2023

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013
It's a special kind of whiplash reading Madison's account on things and then watching Linus cry about the water block situation

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

Apparently Colton is head of HR?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Grumbles
Jun 5, 2006
Also Linus' bit in that video is one big 'sorry, but...'.