Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Imagine you're the ghost of a gladiator who died for people's entertainment and 2,000 years later you get to watch the equivalent of an emperor get put in a sleeper hold and poo poo his pants

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

dr_rat posted:

And I shall take that money than fake my own death!

Man for $43 Billion dollars I could fake my own death so many time. Although i guess if you do it more than once it starts to look suspicious.

Bah.

With 43 billion dollars, you can execute the most elaborate and wacky of Victorian-age pranks, complete with period dress, and steamworks-grade materials. Dirigibles, penny-farthings, sepia-toned glass print photos, just living the life of an eccentric, in almost anywhere in the world.

You could do funny things and make people laugh at the funny thing you did. You could do serious things, and have people take you seriously.

You could fake your death hundreds of times, turn it into a quarterly event. People would line up around the block to be the next "dr_rat's daring defiance of death," just giving away their post-mortem existence for the chance at being the cadaver used for "shot out of a circus cannon and into a pool of wet cement 40 stories below" or "underwater mine defuser gone wrong" or "faceplanted onto the moon in a cowboy outfit."

There's no end to spending billions just goofing off and loving around without becoming a laughingstock or completely disconnected from reality. And yet people with that kind of money somehow always end up a laughingstock and disconnected from reality. :shrug:

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

priznat posted:

Crosspostin from the Trump thread:

Lmao elon is a simp for trump who thinks he is a tool

Does that not leave Twitter open to charges of perverting the course of justice or whatever it's called?

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

Zakutambah posted:

I kinda hate how the current net uses the word "cringe"...

But mate... come on... cringe. This is embarrassing.

Don't worry my friend, the German language has got you covered.

Fremdschämen
the feeling of embarrassment from observing the embarrassing actions of another person

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

ultrabindu posted:

Fremdschämen
the feeling of embarrassment from observing the embarrassing actions of another person

Or if that's too much of a mouthfull, myötähäpeä.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

ultrabindu posted:

Fremdschämen

Anglicisms have taken over this word and it's now Muskcringen.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.
If I had Elon money I would hire Robert Patrick for a weekend. I'd run through malls and poo poo and have him follow me at a steady pace holding out my photo and asking people "have you seen this boy".

I've thought about this a lot.

Offler
Mar 27, 2010

Ghostlight posted:

it wasn't just that it looked like him - in japanese the abra series is named after famous magicians and kadabra's name is literally uri geller's name with one character changed, additionally as his legal compliant pointed out, it bends spoons with its mind which he is associated with, and he took umbrage with the fact that it has a star on its forehead and squiggly lines on its stomach which he interpreted as a reference to him being isreali and the schutzstaffel respectively.

But he's not above bragging about hanging out in NASA fridges with Werner von Braun when it suits him, as seen in his own tweet.

grobbo
May 29, 2014

Jestery posted:

"We're all trying to find who did this"

There's something grossly and genuinely wrong about watching a grown man with far too much wealth and power to ever get a genuine comeuppance, delivering a bragging replay of his own childish behaviour to his online friends with the sweaty, obvious dishonesty of a nasty little boy of 11 or 12 relaying to the other boys how he totally owned some rival in the playground.

Cringe is too small a word.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
if i had elon money i'd be kickin it in my illegal nightclub on the fuckin moon, blasted out of my mind on the most expensive drugs and liquors known to mankind, surrounded by dozens of perfect, chiseled twinks catering to my every whim

if elon had elon money, he'd spend all of saturday night glued to his phone begging the internet to love him

rowkey bilbao
Jul 24, 2023
He's never gonna get punched in the face by zuck and I really hate it.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Just goes to show that 1) elmo doesn't have that money, or he'd be doing that, and 2) does anyone know what Jeff bezos is doing at the moment? 🤔

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

rowkey bilbao posted:

He's never gonna get punched in the face by zuck and I really hate it.

He also thought he wasn't going to have to buy Twitter and here we are.

He's just another stupid dipshit who doesn't know how to leave things alone who thinks his series of small Ls total out to an overall W. He's going to get a false sense of confidence, make himself be "accidentally" in the same place as Zuck, try to start some poo poo publicly to his face, put his hands on Zuck, and then Zuck will proceed to smash his fat loving face in.

Like Twitter, he never learned to recognize when he should shut the gently caress up because all he's doing is forcing people's hand.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
If a court can compel him to buy twitter it can compel him to fight zuck. Start the class action.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

keep punching joe posted:

If a court can compel him to buy twitter it can compel him to fight zuck. Start the class action.

Does the Delaware Court of Chancery take fighting dispute cases?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Elon is an emperor has no clothes when it comes to money. People say he's ultra rich when in fact he needs to keep taking loans non-stop just to pay his bodyguards.

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Aug 16, 2023

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Mistle posted:

There's no end to spending billions just goofing off and loving around without becoming a laughingstock or completely disconnected from reality. And yet people with that kind of money somehow always end up a laughingstock and disconnected from reality. :shrug:

That's because they don't own that money, the relationship is the other way around. You get that kind of capital by playing under capital's rules, and those rules say that if you don't use your capital to invest, grow, and compete, you will be out-invested, out-grown, and out-competed. The only way, absolutely the only way, you can get billionaires to spend their money on a non-business ventures is if you can somehow dress them up as business ventures. Even when Musk makes an oopsie trips into spending 44 billion dollars on what is clearly a pet project, he has to pretend, to the world and even to himself, that it's a business decision: if he can just get rid of the woke devs and unleash the power of the marketplace of ideas, twitter can be worth ten times as much as it was, if he can just make X an "everything app" it can be worth ten times as much as it did. He cannot admit to it being a vanity project. He cannot just say "yeah I have the money to burn to sustain this indefinitely and I will do it because I feel like it". It has to be an investment.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

mobby_6kl posted:

Does the Delaware Court of Chancery take fighting dispute cases?

It's called the Court of Chancery, it's got at least allow for forcing dueling pistol related dispute resolutions.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
Every goddamn time I see something he posts, I make the :chloe: face trying to wrap my brain around his stupidity and ignorance. Despite being so rich, Elon Musk will forever be a gormless narcissistic moron. He's so desperate for attention and I want it to backfire sooner than later.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Foo Diddley posted:

if i had elon money i'd be kickin it in my illegal nightclub on the fuckin moon, blasted out of my mind on the most expensive drugs and liquors known to mankind, surrounded by dozens of perfect, chiseled twinks catering to my every whim

if elon had elon money, he'd spend all of saturday night glued to his phone begging the internet to love him

If I had Elon money, I'd invest in green energy technologies and regreening forests, along with public housing and theblike. I'd treat GoFundMe's as a hobby, spending a night just paying out in full their entire website completely for anything that didn't look like a total scam.

However, once a year, I would get loving hedonistic. I mean like a totally shameless orgy of drugs, alcohol and consensual sex for 24 hours straight. The kind of mansion-wide party that would make the Romans step back and say "Holy poo poo, take it down a notch :stonklol:"

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

Jestery posted:

Pleeeease let a community note pop up on this saying zuck never declined

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

If I had Elon money I'd mostly give it to egirls trying to pay bills, but not in exchange for anything

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!

Jestery posted:

"I joked on X about fighting with Zuck" god gently caress off with this revisionist poo poo you part-human part-mozzarella ball gobshite.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Elon renamed Twitter because that brand turns 18 this year, meaning he no longer finds it attractive.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

DeadButDelicious posted:

"I joked on X about fighting with Zuck" god gently caress off with this revisionist poo poo you part-human part-mozzarella ball gobshite.

Anyone got any screenshots of the tweets that started the whole thing?

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN

Neddy Seagoon posted:

If I had Elon money, I'd invest in green energy technologies and regreening forests, along with public housing and theblike. I'd treat GoFundMe's as a hobby, spending a night just paying out in full their entire website completely for anything that didn't look like a total scam.

However, once a year, I would get loving hedonistic. I mean like a totally shameless orgy of drugs, alcohol and consensual sex for 24 hours straight. The kind of mansion-wide party that would make the Romans step back and say "Holy poo poo, take it down a notch :stonklol:"

24 hours of pure hedonistic pleasure… hmm this is so great, why don’t I keep this going for the weekend? Well it’s Monday and some opium would take the edge off, and a blowjob, and so on. I think stopping would be the real problem.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
That's why you hire a drug equivalent to a nutritionist

JustCallMeDC
Aug 12, 2023

Obey the Lamb
Obey the Lamb
Obey the Lamb

Roblo posted:

Anyone got any screenshots of the tweets that started the whole thing?

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1671364025773326337
https://twitter.com/kwmarkoff26656/status/1671364438090211328
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1671364992665264131

That's what started this poo poo

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

your honor, i typed "lol"

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

DeadButDelicious posted:

part-human part-mozzarella ball

Lmao @ this deecription

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

😆 🤣 😂 😹 😆 🤣 😂 😹 😆 :suicide:

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Really need a :muskissar: smiley here.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

More Zuckerberg poo poo

His lovely non-Twitter companies

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!

kazil posted:

More Zuckerberg poo poo

Zuck is the I-70 killer.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Just know that Musk is being loving ravaged with the knowledge that people are backing Zuck instead of him

Dude is just twisting in fury

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Fumble posted:

Zuck is the I-70 killer.

I mean sure probably, but still less annoying than musk.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Songbearer posted:

Just know that Musk is being loving ravaged with the knowledge that people are backing Zuck instead of him

Dude is just twisting in fury

Why would he have knowledge of that , he bought the part of the Internet that most visible criticizes him and had it changed to where only his psychophants and yes men are visible

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Sentient Data posted:

That's why you hire a drug equivalent to a nutritionist

I regret to inform you that this is a real thing, and it's called a "shaman."

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

elon m. suck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012

Yes, the lovely tunnels that allow for one car at a time (and a specific type of car at that) will make the traffic troubles go all away.

This kind of nonsense almost gets me mad. It's people falling all over themselves to hype up a system that not only is way less efficient than public transit, but somehow manages to be worse than regular driving.