Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

digitalist
Nov 17, 2000

journey into Kirk's unknown

Decedent posted:

Oh, are we doing older selfies too? I cut all my hair off a few months ago because it kept gettin ripped out by my hard hat.

This is me (before I learned to hate the snow) when I’d just met my ex wife, pictured. Our divorce is supposed to finalize tomorrow, but I’m still broken and on drugs because of it, so, yay. At least three more months of legal garbage is better than taking the stand like this.

:love: You can still love the snow, it's a lot easier through a window while sitting next to fireplace though.

I spent a good part of my day looking through all my kitty pictures, so in the spirit of old selfies I have two. Looking at it now the first one feels like I was doing my best Sid impression without knowing it (:glomp:), and the second is probably one of my favorites I have of the kitty and I, from my days living in a hovel while in grad school

e: realizing these photos are practically identical, ah well, :catte:

Bonus Kitty,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GTG-b-tNyQ

digitalist fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Aug 13, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decedent
Dec 20, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

digitalist posted:

:love: You can still love the snow, it's a lot easier through a window while sitting next to fireplace though.

Yeah, it is p nice then. I should be ready to go back to work around the time it really starts to hit the Midwest. Linemen are required to work in all weather conditions, so it gets miserable around hour ten out in a blizzard, even with a mask, coveralls, thermals and a parka. Still better than the wet bulb summer I’m getting to skip.

Did you just use power word command, or have I been playing too much Baulder’s Gate 3?

“Sit!”
*cat sits

Powerful magics there.

https://youtube.com/shorts/fgZOcSRlWbE?feature=share

I’m having difficulty in lining a YouTube video, but this was a kitty I met outside someone’s house last winter.

Anyway, I too am surprised at how good looking people are. Maybe these selfies are just really good. I’d say y’all look better than people I see on the street, let alone simply “good for goons”. I’ve enjoyed it so much I went through the old thread with similar experiences. Like for real, some of you are absolute stunners. Lol I even have a stupid parasocial crush on someone in the old thread due to boredom.

I’m sure I come off as pretty mopey, but this thread is really cheerful and earnest and it makes me happy in a “this is a real community full of real people who are often enough really cool” sort of way.

Thanks goons. Even angry goons. I’d hit the bars with pretty much any one of you. It’d be great, we could all make fun of thumb headed chuds together.

digitalist
Nov 17, 2000

I have long hair now and when I put my glasses up on my forehead the pads which rest on your nose get caught in my hair and invariably end up tearing a few strands out if I forget/am not careful. Spending 10 hours out in the cold with a hardhat would probably motivate me to do the same, although I do appreciate having an extra layer to cover the back of my next. As for Kitty, he actually learned how to sit, my ex was the one who taught him and I kept it going. Takes a while but I think most cats would learn although treats are probably essential for success.

I think the photos, avatars, and one signature I've had the pleasure of stumbling across add a lot. Other online communities it's sometimes hard to even realize your talking to an individual, if you are. reddit comes to mind, when I used it there were a handful of people I'd recognize from the local sub I'd visit, which doesn't doesn't do much to developing any sort of solidarity. The endless stream of bots, throwaway accounts, etc. didn't help either. I enjoy getting to know people here and for the most part, ya'll are good people, even when life gets the better us, being able to contextualize is nice.

:cheers:

e: alright, here's something recent, as in 5 minutes ago. now I don't have to procrastinate anymore

Probably my favorite hoodie, awkwardly posed to show off the sleeves,

here's the back,

I bought this in 99 or 2000 and minus an unfortunate bleach stain, is still going strong. Also, the band is still awesome.

digitalist fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Aug 14, 2023

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Decedent posted:

Anyway, I too am surprised at how good looking people are. Maybe these selfies are just really good. I’d say y’all look better than people I see on the street, let alone simply “good for goons”. I’ve enjoyed it so much I went through the old thread with similar experiences. Like for real, some of you are absolute stunners. Lol I even have a stupid parasocial crush on someone in the old thread due to boredom.

I’m sure I come off as pretty mopey, but this thread is really cheerful and earnest and it makes me happy in a “this is a real community full of real people who are often enough really cool” sort of way.

Thanks goons. Even angry goons. I’d hit the bars with pretty much any one of you. It’d be great, we could all make fun of thumb headed chuds together.

I admit to having used a few filters and a bit of photoshopping on my pictures. This is me without the very minor doctoring:

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
lol if you aren't casting glamours left and right to hide your twisted fae nature

Seattle LAN goons had a big bonfire this past weekend and my job was to hold down the fire spot on the beach all day. I don't want to vicariously traumatize anyone but there was sun.

Like even the fire was trying to stay in the shade smdh

Then today I went to a big gay jewish rose garden wedding, which was a lovely and moving experience, plus they had a free dippin' dots station. I usually prefer baggy/flowy things but i guess my 3AM brain ordered this dress from the internet so thems was the breaks. I like it though.

some cupcakes and roses and poo poo

10/10 wedding experience, would attend again

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Man, I miss Seattle.

You look great in that dress. I mean, everyone compliments you on your every day fashion so I'm not surprised you picked a unique cool one.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Man, I miss Seattle.

You look great in that dress. I mean, everyone compliments you on your every day fashion so I'm not surprised you picked a unique cool one.

If you ever come back around i'm sure we could raise a goon crew to buy you a pint or two! I love meeting goons

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Sitting Here posted:

If you ever come back around i'm sure we could raise a goon crew to buy you a pint or two! I love meeting goons

I left in 2012 and I've been wanting to go back to at least visit for a while. My ex-wife lives out there so there's a lot of bad memories and all that BS but the terrain can't be beat. I miss looking outside and seeing mountains and green.... just green everywhere.

I'll let you know if I ever eventually do it!

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

How long has it been since bus was here

It's been 84 years

It's 94 outside why did kamala have to come to Seattle TODAY

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
did your bus ever come

e: gently caress i guess we won't know for six hours

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Sitting Here posted:

lol if you aren't casting glamours left and right to hide your twisted fae nature

Seattle LAN goons had a big bonfire this past weekend and my job was to hold down the fire spot on the beach all day. I don't want to vicariously traumatize anyone but there was sun.

Then today I went to a big gay jewish rose garden wedding, which was a lovely and moving experience, plus they had a free dippin' dots station. I usually prefer baggy/flowy things but i guess my 3AM brain ordered this dress from the internet so thems was the breaks. I like it though.

love that dress but i thought it was illegal to wear flags??

JamMaster Flash
Dec 3, 2003

Sitting Here posted:

You killin it in the dress. What's in the headphones?

HonorableTB posted:

How long has it been since bus was here

It's been 84 years

It's 94 outside why did kamala have to come to Seattle TODAY

Sorry about the heat, last time I was in PNW it was p cold...guess I never thought of it as a place that gets like that.

Finishing 48 hrs, tomorrow I'm going to get a haircut and go see Ghost. Fit suggestions are welcome, might be a good venue for me to venture away from the tired ol "normie jockdad" look.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
white t-shirt, white/cream blazer and matching pants. Look like the movie star you were supposed to be.

Or.. Mesh top, leather pants.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

no shirt/body paint imo

JamMaster Flash
Dec 3, 2003

Hackers film 1995 posted:

no shirt/body paint imo

They sent an email that said facepaint is allowed, masks and face coverings of any kind are not!! Thought that was an interesting note

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

JamMaster Flash posted:

They sent an email that said facepaint is allowed, masks and face coverings of any kind are not!! Thought that was an interesting note

I wouldn't go to that movie theater then.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
First night in Trondheim since The Before Time, feeling myself :norway:

edit: Also, my selfie hand is burnt to poo poo after an unfortunate instant coffee accident, hence the coloration, in case anyone was wondering

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

poo poo, if we're doing older things now too, I was dismayed when I had to go check something on my city's website and I not only found two images of me (goat and duck) but 4 photos I took (duck, officers with other goat, snake, badger) and yeah, yeah, acab. You'll get no argument from me.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
I did eventually make it home!

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

HonorableTB posted:

I did eventually make it home!

*crowd erupts into cheers*

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

All goats are bastards

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

i showed u my trash pls respond

Droogie posted:

poo poo, if we're doing older things now too, I was dismayed when I had to go check something on my city's website and I not only found two images of me (goat and duck) but 4 photos I took (duck, officers with other goat, snake, badger) and yeah, yeah, acab. You'll get no argument from me.

"GOAT COP" coming this fall on ABC

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

Ruby Gloom posted:

"GOAT COP" coming this fall on ABC

That's nothing- looking through old photos. This is one of my favorite. The jokes write themselves!

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Why you arresting all these animals bro?

Beer Gay So What
Apr 20, 2023

THEY MADE THE BEER GAY AND THATS OK

JamMaster Flash posted:

You killin it in the dress. What's in the headphones?

Sorry about the heat, last time I was in PNW it was p cold...guess I never thought of it as a place that gets like that.

Finishing 48 hrs, tomorrow I'm going to get a haircut and go see Ghost. Fit suggestions are welcome, might be a good venue for me to venture away from the tired ol "normie jockdad" look.

I saw Ghost about a week ago but they didnt have any booths doing face painting in exchange for all your personal info like usual. Maybe do a "Kiss" style face makeup and wear some 80s glam rock gear and see if anyone appreciates it.

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

Flowers for QAnon posted:

Why you arresting all these animals bro?

Possession of methamphetamine with intent to distribute

digitalist
Nov 17, 2000

Forgot to ask, have you considered getting a majestic dwarven beard for the skull purse? Would probably make the whole thing wildly inconvenient but it might look cool :cool:

Droogie posted:

I'm so very happy I live in a place that doesn't have snakes like that, the ducks, turtles, and goats I'm good with the pig is alright too :v:

still envious of your trip, hopefully next year I'll have the opportunity to head out that way!

e: wrong quote

digitalist fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Aug 16, 2023

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Droogie posted:

Possession of methamphetamine with intent to distribute

:wth: you touched them and lived?

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

yuck police

PureEvil6_13
Jun 1, 2004

I LIKE PETA AND THINK THAT SCIENCE IS EVIL
Going for the old kung ku master look. . .

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

PureEvil6_13 posted:

Hell yeah dude

Encouraging the dogs to stay away from the deep frying happening on the induction burner

E: said deep frying

E2: final dinner

Not exactly begging, but making himself available to be given food

Bibliotechno Music fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Aug 17, 2023

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

PureEvil6_13 posted:

looking very cute with your ponytail coming over your shoulder

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

Bibliotechno Music posted:

Hell yeah dude

Encouraging the dogs to stay away from the deep frying happening on the induction burner

E: said deep frying

E2: final dinner

Not exactly begging, but making himself available to be given food

The champagne of beer. Very classy

hot sauce pee hole
May 18, 2023

Droogie posted:

That's nothing- looking through old photos. This is one of my favorite. The jokes write themselves!

You're both clearly enjoying yourselves and that's all that matters.

PureEvil6_13 posted:

God drat those are some gorgeous locks though.

Lookit those fucken dogs :swoon:

My beard has a white patch.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

hot sauce pee hole posted:

You're both clearly enjoying yourselves and that's all that matters.

God drat those are some gorgeous locks though.

Lookit those fucken dogs :swoon:

My beard has a white patch.

the last time I saw my grandmother, who I see every month or so said I have a lot of gray in my hair and beard. She's going to be 90 on the 22nd.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I pet things today.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

digitalist posted:

Forgot to ask, have you considered getting a majestic dwarven beard for the skull purse? Would probably make the whole thing wildly inconvenient but it might look cool :cool:

I'll have to do that for Halloween or something. It does make a really good holder for my headphones though

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

Charles Bukowski posted:

I pet things today.

stop petting that jackalope you weirdo

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Those are some drat good looking Chicago dogs. (and your regular dogs too)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer