Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.

TDepressionEarl posted:

The incident happened in September after Maddison and a friend left a Darlington club at 3am to head to a kebab shop in Duke Street.

It was here that Maddison got into an argument with two women – a mother and a daughter.

When his friend asked Maddison to come home, he refused and continued the confrontation, telling the woman “if you come near me I’ll pelt these chips at you.”

Maddison did then throw his cheesy chips at the women before falling over, getting back up to punch the woman in the face.

the fatal mistake of interacting with a mother-daughter pair who are hanging out in a kebab shop at 3am

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Thought that was about James Maddison to start with.

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

Amoeba102 posted:

Thought that was about James Maddison to start with.

thanks i meant to do that, no hard feeling James :D

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
couple nice little additional details in this article:

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/23664663.ex-darlington-fc-midfielder-marcus-maddison-punched-woman/

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

mother daughter pair on a night out is a massive red flag, but lamping an old lady so hard her face caves in is another level

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/66473224

united wait until last minute before deciding they should maybe ask the women they employ if continuing to harbor a woman abuser would create an acceptable workplace environment

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

But you see he's rather good at kicking a ball.

I fully believe that Greenwood is going to play for United this season, he's been getting paid the whole time he's been suspended.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I’m sure they’ve already made their decision; they’re just consulting her now to help them sell it.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Arteta’s Twitter account liked a tweet about a pretty vile anti-trans documentary. Apparently his Twitter account isn’t actively used so Arsenal fans are trying to use that to wish this away.

https://twitter.com/jcmack03/status/1689988590925672449

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Bea Nanner posted:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/66473224

united wait until last minute before deciding they should maybe ask the women they employ if continuing to harbor a woman abuser would create an acceptable workplace environment

This is all very cynical poo poo. If the women’s team say that they don’t care, every pro-Greenwood edgelord can crow about how the women said it was fine. If they say they want him to go then the women will face all the abuse from the Twitter hordes.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

look, we’re not saying that the whole woman’s team is worth less than one highly rated first team prospect, but…

Alctel
Jan 16, 2004

I love snails

Her Dryer posted:

It’s kind of amazing the difference between good amateur players and even not very good professional players, I’ve heard loads of stories of guys who I knew to be talented getting schooled by fat 45 year old former Partick Thistle players

From pages back but I was playing in a coed league in Ottawa and we had no subs and someone got injured. Their 65 y/o dad was watching and came on, turns out he was an ex south American pro footballer, could barely run but totally rinsed the opposing mid-20s defenders and scored two goals, including a fully sick half volley

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-66478622

quote:

French footballer Wissam Ben Yedder has been charged with rape, attempted rape, and sexual assault, prosecutors in the south of France say.

The Nice prosecutor's office confirmed on Friday it had opened a case against the striker, who plays for AS Monaco and the French national team.

According to local media the alleged incident happened in July in Beausoleil in the Côte d'Azur region.

A bail of €900,000 ($990,000; £775,000) has been requested, AFP reports. Pending his trial, he has been placed under judicial supervision, where he has certain obligations placed upon him by the court.

Solid photo choice

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.

Alctel posted:

From pages back but I was playing in a coed league in Ottawa and we had no subs and someone got injured. Their 65 y/o dad was watching and came on, turns out he was an ex south American pro footballer, could barely run but totally rinsed the opposing mid-20s defenders and scored two goals, including a fully sick half volley

was their kid any good or an absolute disappointment?

Alctel
Jan 16, 2004

I love snails

Akbar posted:

was their kid any good or an absolute disappointment?

They were pretty average tbh

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Alctel posted:

And that guys name? Alberto

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Sign him up Arteta.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
This article on Robinho takes a dark turn near the end.

https://talksport.com/football/1533471/chelsea-manchester-city-robinho-transfer-premier-league/

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

I can't believe that rape case is still clogged up in the courts. (And the allegations are pretty horrible too. I don't recommend digging into it if you want to stay in a good mood.) It's some real slimeball poo poo.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/TheAthleticFC/status/1691823956871790843

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
i hope manchester united football club are destroyed by a meteor

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

vyelkin posted:

But what does that have to do with Mason Greenwood?

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

https://twitter.com/noknowli/status/1691842184629133322?s=46&t=So4OaAzX6CL_J43jqlqoyg

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

What?

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

vyelkin posted:

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

vyelkin posted:

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

vyelkin posted:

i hope manchester united football club and Mason Greenwood are destroyed by a meteor

I, too, thirst for Oliver Skipp-slide-tackling-the-manager-from-the-sideline action

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Wasn’t it Shawcroft that destroyed Eduardo?

Cannon_Fodder posted:

I, too, thirst for Oliver Skipp-slide-tackling-the-manager-from-the-sideline action

That’s not Arteta

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

sticksy posted:

Wasn’t it Shawcroft that destroyed Eduardo?
You’re thinking of other Arsenal leg breakee Aaron Ramsey

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

sticksy posted:

That’s not Arteta

Fooled me. :shrug:

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

So what's up 'When this random twitter account goes Feral' thread

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Cannon_Fodder posted:

Mods.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

If Arsenal fans proved they didn't give a poo poo, neither will Utd fans the first time he scores.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Cannon_Fodder posted:

Have not confirmed if Eduardo still also has perfect LEGO-ish hair, but that’s not Mikel Arteta about to get his leg snapped enough to make William Gallas cry.

Also have no loving clue what this Oliver Skip reference is about either, somebody suggesting a player should go out and break legs at WHL this weekend?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Spurs are playing Utd so I think the tweet is about breaking Greenwood’s leg

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

It'd be a hell of a tackle to break a guy's leg from 200 miles away.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I believe in his abilities

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Dudley posted:

If Arsenal fans proved they didn't give a poo poo, neither will Utd fans the first time he scores.

tbh I've not seen any United fans outside of Nigerian Twitter take even a moderately pro-Greenwood stance (and I'm not allowed to make jokes about Nigerian Twitter on these extremely troll-free forums)

my position is and remains that in the absence of a criminal conviction, he's fully entitled to play football, but he can play it at someone else's club

tl;dr: Go To Besiktas

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

like Paul Ince was told that he wasn't United material because he kept telling people to call him "the Guv'nah"

also I think he tried to stab Alex Ferguson or something but it was 1994 and that was the style at the time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Fergie would sort out Mason Greenwood by kicking a cleat into his face