Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Took a hard look at my hearts today and ran some tunnels, got another Big DoT Wrathful Heart so I can use it instead of waiting for perfect ancestral jewelry. Mmm, DoT damage.

Also uh, took out the "spend 25% of your life every 5 seconds above 60% HP to empower your next core ability" that explains why as sturdy as I am I was always steadily losing life in every single fight since level 50. A DPS gain if you use it obviously but my survivability has rocketed.

I may be stupid.

[Bottom Text]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Eldarion
Mar 21, 2001

Deal Dispatcher

One of my issues with the hearts is that it never seems like I'd want to change them as I get new ones. So there's great new powers but once you have the ones you want they're essentially static unless you want to redo your entire build. Like okay maybe the damage on the trap taunt and DR ones changes, but that damage is pitiful anyway so why bother?

If the hearts weren't so crazy overpowered or I had done all the endgame stuff already (lvl 100, Uber Lilith) I'd probably be really disappointed in the season.

Dr. Eldarion fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Aug 16, 2023

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
I keep up with them just to raise the armor values, at least. The new ones at WT3/4 also add a touch of spice.

Got an Azurewrath. Can't see any actual use for the +non-physical damage on Barb. Barb Only Unique. It'll boost the damage of its own freeze proc and other hearts/aspects but big Huh.

A little sad to stare at my skill tree and realize that not a single Barb skill got an elemental addition ala D3. No lava Upheaval, lightning Whirlwind, cold Hammer of Ancients(Mt Arreat, yeah?!) Might've been a sweet find if I had some of those. Into the bank it goes.

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Aug 16, 2023

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Just cleared my first NM50 on an 81 twisting blades rogue with poo poo damage reduction but a 2.5 barber and fairly decent offensive rolls. Rockin something like +290 vuln dmg and just socketed Turf. Feels good man.

Think I topped out at 48 on my 97 arc lash sorc in eternal before the Bad Patch so pretty happy with this one so far.

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib

Ehud posted:

it hurts my head that they wrote that entire article based on this tweet

https://twitter.com/qwik/status/1691199575531622400?s=46

They need to finish Diablo 4 first.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
They can't they're too busy working on 'a lot more coming to Diablo 4'

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Floor is lava posted:

They need to finish Diablo 4 first.

"Shorter than 11 years" leaves a lot of time to finish Diablo 4.

Diablo 1 to 2 was literally the only instance where the sequel took less than a decade to release. Every Diablo game has a weirdly insanely long development and release cycle compared to other major franchises.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

muh xp nerfs...

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

hawowanlawow posted:

I still kinda hold a grudge about left 4 dead 2 coming out so fast

Valve definitely heard you on this one!

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX

American McGay posted:

muh xp nerfs...

lmao 288 hours spent levelling the same character twice.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

druid rules though

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I don’t blame him. Pulverize shockwave being in the codex of power for season 1 makes Druid a hell of a lot more fun to level

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX
Yeah he does rule

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

CLAM DOWN posted:

druid rules though

This. A small part of my brain just wants to re-spec back to bear again after my wolf hits 100 :v:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
My eyes are starting to glaze over trying to min/max my paragon boards. Is there a resource (not a guide ;)) out there that tells you the maximum number of any stat within the range of a level 15 glyph for every socket on every board? I think max I've found so far is 60 willpower and 40 dex on the Druid boards.

edit: maxroll's planner tool is pretty sick, I'll use that instead of melting my face in front of the TV.

American McGay fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Aug 16, 2023

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Vic posted:

lmao 288 hours spent levelling the same character twice.

my two necros will not stand for this disrespect

(my combined time is around 6 days...)

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

Martian Manfucker posted:

You clicked on a cursed health shrine. That's the gimmick of that particular event. Life steal aura on certain mobs. Kill x to get the mastery.

oh, i’ve never noticed that before, mystery still not solved then i goes

i’m not really feeling the chain lightning sorc as a leveling powerhouse. i was safer and faster on my beat up through 40 ( where my sorc is at currently) i think i’ve got decent gear but things just aren’t dying. by this point on bear i was only really struggling with boss dps

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

hawowanlawow posted:

I still kinda hold a grudge about left 4 dead 2 coming out so fast

This is completely unrelated but I saw a video recently that pointed out that the window between Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30 and Brothers in Arms: Earned in Blood was 7 months.

That's got to be a record.

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

Doomykins posted:

I keep up with them just to raise the armor values, at least. The new ones at WT3/4 also add a touch of spice.

Got an Azurewrath. Can't see any actual use for the +non-physical damage on Barb. Barb Only Unique. It'll boost the damage of its own freeze proc and other hearts/aspects but big Huh.

A little sad to stare at my skill tree and realize that not a single Barb skill got a D3 style elemental addition ala D3. No lava Upheaval, lightning Whirlwind, cold Hammer of Ancients(Mt Arreat, yeah?!) Might've been a sweet find if I had some of those. Into the bank it goes.

i feel like that and the oculus and the like are a letter of the law reference when they should have been a spirit of the law reference, if that makes sense. yes the oculus was weird because it made you randomly teleport when getting hit, but it was also iconic because of the mid/early late game power slot that it filled. yeah the shako gave you + all skills, but what tipped it over to iconic was the silly vibrant sea green color, etc

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Ehud posted:

Lmao this is gonna be me. I’m level 47 and still haven’t finished it.

Question though wtf is the point of killing named monsters in the over world? I’ve done it a few times and they don’t drop poo poo?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

MarcusSA posted:

Lmao this is gonna be me. I’m level 47 and still haven’t finished it.

Question though wtf is the point of killing named monsters in the over world? I’ve done it a few times and they don’t drop poo poo?

They drop special rare items that will probably be poo poo outside of WT1/2

They can be pretty neat fights if you don't instantly obliterate the monster, since they have special mechanics. Too bad they didn't really do much to make them part of long-term play.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Tiny Timbs posted:

They drop special rare items that will probably be poo poo outside of WT1/2

Oh I seriously don’t think I got poo poo from either of them? They just pinged on the map so I killed them

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
They used to 100% a rare that sold for no gold. Now they drop about 1/3 of the time and it sells for a normal amount of gold.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe
just gonna leave this gem here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Auuj8xKw-Lc

one step closer to new world levels of coding. how long until the next dupe is discovered?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Here's a fun and exploitable bit of goofy game code -

You know how you always get a wicked high IP weapon like MINUTES after moving up to a new world tier? Like you run your first helltide in a WT4 and right away you find an 817 weapon?

And then it's dozens of hours before you see another weapon above 750?

Well, the game scans your Stash (!!!!) to look for high IP weaponry. If it doesn't find one, you will find an 800+ weapon within minutes

The actionable part here is make sure there aren't any weapons in your Stash above 725. Rip those aspects off and delete the rest. Keep farming until you find the roll of your dreams!

You can even roll an alt to serve as a weapon mule, since the game can't "see" any items you've given him to hold in his character inventory

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

You know how you always get a wicked high IP weapon like MINUTES after moving up to a new world tier? Like you run your first helltide in a WT4 and right away you find an 817 weapon?

Well, the game scans your Stash (!!!!) to look for high IP weaponry. If it doesn't find one, you will find an 800+ weapon within minutes

The actionable part here is make sure there aren't any weapons in your Stash above 725. Rip those aspects off and delete the rest. Keep farming until you find the roll of your dreams!

You can even roll an alt to serve as a weapon mule, since the game can't "see" any items you've given him to hold in his character inventory

I dont think thats true.

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

(doubt)

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

SHISHKABOB posted:

I dont think thats true.

I'll hold your high IP items for you while you test it

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Tarnop posted:

I'll hold your high IP items for you while you test it

I dont have any :negative:

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
not nearly as fun as gggc’s thing but did you know twisting blades poison imbue being so powerful is due to 4 separate but stacking bugs?

the first is that the poison puddle that shows up can show up as often as it does because abilities that aren’t imbued can still count as imbued to proc it.
core, cutthroat/marksman, and maybe also flat damage % form their own separate multiplicative damage bucket but only for poison imbue
the aspect of twisting blades, when imbued, gets full poison damage scaling instead of the listed 10%
if you click your puncture or twisting blades really fast you get bonus damage with the bursting venom procs

really weird confluence

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

SHISHKABOB posted:

I dont think thats true.

it's true John Blizzard is my uncle and he told me

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

This is borderline “hold Up + B to increase your chances of catching a legendary Pokemon” territory

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

My 58 WT3 bone spear necro is 1-shotting everything in tier 10 NMDs and taking down bosses in 5-10 secs. Should I try for the WT4 capstone?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

My 58 WT3 bone spear necro is 1-shotting everything in tier 10 NMDs and taking down bosses in 5-10 secs. Should I try for the WT4 capstone?

You can try it but it’ll be your survivability that holds you back, not your DPS. Plus you won’t be able to equip anything from WT4 until 60 anyway.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

even if that was real that's gently caress you levels of tedious I won't put up with

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Orange Crush Rush posted:

This is borderline “hold Up + B to increase your chances of catching a legendary Pokemon” territory

hawowanlawow posted:

it's true John Blizzard is my uncle and he told me

SHISHKABOB posted:

I dont think thats true.

It's immediately and harmlessly testable! Make an alt and withdraw all your ancestral weapons onto its inventory.

Go clear Helltides on your real character with a Sacred weapon and watch the 800s roll in :)

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Am not good at video games.

Orange Crush Rush posted:

It worked on everything! :colbert:

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Ehud posted:

Am I crazy for thinking it's weird that the President of a game company known for it's solid CG asked his artists to make a CG version of him for his Twitter?

In any case, :lol: that this led to such a stupid article.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Just witnessed the world boss event not showing up on the map until I logged out and then back in

Might explain why I've missed some lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Tiny Timbs posted:

You can try it but it’ll be your survivability that holds you back, not your DPS. Plus you won’t be able to equip anything from WT4 until 60 anyway.

Ah yeah, I forgot about the 60 thing.