Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

Took me about 8 hours to beat Lost in Space. I enjoyed it, but I would have appreciated it if the crafting ended up faster and easier during the endgame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009
i liked lost in space, but was mad that they didn't show the incremental upgrades + EXP gained at the end (i only died once at the beginning)

i wanna know what was locked behind that vault!

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

crime weed posted:

i liked lost in space, but was mad that they didn't show the incremental upgrades + EXP gained at the end (i only died once at the beginning)

i wanna know what was locked behind that vault!
I source dived for you and took way too long formatting what I found. Experience gain per reset seems to be based solely on number of rooms unlocked multiplied by that last upgrade that no one in the world will ever unlock.

Efficient Breathing
Learning how to prolong your Oxygen supply lets you spend 10% less Oxygen on all actions per level of this upgrade.
cost: Math.round(Math.pow(2, level)) for example 2, 4, 8, 16, 32
effect: x(Math.pow(0.9, level)) for example 0.9, 0.81, 0.729, 0.6561, 0.59049

Subspace Tanks
Unlock Generator Room
Adding an extradimensional space to your oxygen tanks allows them to store more Oxygen.
cost: 2 * Math.round(Math.pow(2, level)) for example 4, 8, 16, 32, 64
effect: x(1 + level * 0.5) for example 1.5, 2, 2.5, 3, 3.5

Dead Useful
Unlock Enhancement Room
Recycling the corpses can potentially improve the efficiency of Enhancements for the living.
cost: 3 * Math.round(Math.pow(2, level)) for example 6, 12, 24, 48, 96
effect: x(1 + level * 0.05) for example 1.05, 1.1, 1.15, 1.2, 1.25

Everfull Tanks
Unlock Crafting Room
Oxygen Tanks are so full, they restore a greater percentage of Oxygen as a result (their description will not be updated).
cost: 4 * Math.round(Math.pow(2, level)) for example 8, 16, 32, 64, 128
effect: (90 - 40 * Math.pow(0.5, level))% for example 70, 80, 85, 87.5, 88.75

Aerobic Replication
Unlock Battery Room
Whenever your personal spacesuit tank is expanded, part of the new volume is filled with Oxygen as well.
cost: 5 * Math.round(Math.pow(2, level)) for example 10, 20, 40, 80, 160
effect: (100 - 100 * Math.pow(0.5, level))% for example 50, 75, 87.5, 93.75, 96.875

Perfect Scrubbing
Unlock Oxygen Room
Oxygen Generator base efficiency is improved.
cost: 6 * Math.round(Math.pow(2, level)) for example 12, 24, 48, 96, 192
effect: (90 - 40 * Math.pow(0.5, level))% for example 70, 80, 85, 87.5, 88.75

Vacuum Chamber
Unlock Propulsion Room
The increased intake of air into the Oxygen Generator increases its speed by 50% per level of this upgrade.
cost: 7 * Math.round(Math.pow(2, level)) for example 14, 28, 56, 112, 224
effect: x(Math.pow(1.5, level)) for example 1.5, 2.25, 3.375, 5.0625, 7.59375

Command Chain
Unlock Command Room
Why are you still here? Triple the Experience income on death per level of this upgrade.
cost: 8 * Math.round(Math.pow(2, level)) for example 16, 32, 64, 128, 256
effect: x(Math.pow(3, level)) for example 3, 9, 27, 81, 243

Sivart13 fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Aug 9, 2023

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

Sivart13 posted:

I source dived for you and took way too long formatting what I found. Experience gain per reset seems to be based solely on number of rooms unlocked multiplied by that last upgrade that no one in the world will ever unlock.

...:words:...
thank you! also lmao at that last one. i dont even know if its possible to die at that stage of the game

American Dad
Mar 28, 2004
Time to try complaining about things online. Playing evolve, going for my first black hole reset. I've been waiting hours for a dang soul gem drop. Just finished the dyson net and I've been running 4 patrols with 3 attractor beacons. Drop dammit I can't progress without one.

E: yay it worked. Finally dropped.

American Dad fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Aug 10, 2023

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

American Dad posted:

Time to try complaining about things online. Playing evolve, going for my first black hole reset. I've been waiting hours for a dang soul gem drop. Just finished the dyson net and I've been running 4 patrols with 3 attractor beacons. Drop dammit I can't progress without one.

patrols can be a lot smaller than you think. You need patrol size of 10-20 to clear the original 10,000 demons down to ~1000 or so, but once you've done that you can reduce patrol size to 5-10 and increase the number of patrols significantly. soul gem drop rate scales directly on number of patrols sent out, so that'll be a much better rate than you're getting now

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

American Dad posted:

Soul Gems are the one thing you'll almost always be chasing and building entire customs around. As mentioned above each patrol increases the chance of gems so you'll either be doing a lot of fiddling balancing them or use the scripts to do it automatically.

American Dad
Mar 28, 2004
How much dark energy should I aim for first time? Looks like I won't get much unless I sit here for a while.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Just aim to finish the black hole imo

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

And build more attractor beacons. It's the most important factor for soul gems.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Rynoto posted:

Soul Gems are the one thing you'll almost always be chasing and building entire customs around. As mentioned above each patrol increases the chance of gems so you'll either be doing a lot of fiddling balancing them or use the scripts to do it automatically.

Weirdly things tend to swap around a lot throughout the game, one of my lategame runs was me waiting for steel production funnily enough. It doesn't help that steel doesn't get any techs outside of the first two so you're entirely limited by smelters

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

uPen posted:

Evolve question:

I'm currently hovering around 100% mastery and doing Heavy Gravity achievements. Just finished heavyweight/creator/verrazzano etc. and my current plan is to grind some more plasmids for upgrades I want then do Joyless/Steelen etc. before trying an Ascension. Should I be trying to boost mastery more first or am I already strong enough, and should just do the Ascension?

Thanks for all the suggestions! Ended up 3*ing a Heavy Gravity Balorg Ascension which only took around 2-2.5x as long as a Bioseed so not terrible, I think the Joyless/Steelen 4* run was actually almost as long but part of that was it was so boring I wasn't as active playing it. 4* would have I think brutally slow without the extra 1000% production from plasmids. Going to do some quicker runs to get some achievements I'm missing before digging into what I assume is the endgame of the nastier challenges.

uPen fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Aug 11, 2023

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Lost in Space: what do I need to do to turn on the lights? The flashlight is absolutely miserable and I want to get rid of it as soon as possible. I figured bringing a generator online would be sufficient, but it's not.

Figured it out: if you aim your flashlight at the top left while in the printer room, there's a flashlight icon, and clicking on that turns on the lights in all the rooms. ?????

ToxicFrog fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Aug 12, 2023

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle

ToxicFrog posted:

Lost in Space: what do I need to do to turn on the lights? The flashlight is absolutely miserable and I want to get rid of it as soon as possible. I figured bringing a generator online would be sufficient, but it's not.

There should be a small flashlight item you can click like, right at the start in the top left, where your inventory is displayed in the 3d printing room. It should light everything up and be one of your first clicks. Is it not there for you?

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

I'm at the sudoku now. :whoptc:

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?
Is there any purpose to the laser geese and the egg terminator? Best I can figure is they're good for getting rid of gold eggs?

They give significantly less money than banking my babies.

(This post reads like a fever dream.)

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Geocities Homepage King posted:

Is there any purpose to the laser geese and the egg terminator? Best I can figure is they're good for getting rid of gold eggs?

They give significantly less money than banking my babies.

(This post reads like a fever dream.)

They have some value in acting as a filter so you don't have a stray Level 1 loving up your machine, but they aren't 100% foolproof at that so :shrug:

I think there's a bug that makes them disproportionate common spawns, too.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Xand_Man posted:

They have some value in acting as a filter so you don't have a stray Level 1 loving up your machine, but they aren't 100% foolproof at that so :shrug:

I think there's a bug that makes them disproportionate common spawns, too.

when you first unlock something it is more common for a bit in my experience. I'm up to the volcano stage thankfully at this point I can ultra ascend by like the 5 level so I'm going to keep doing that until I can push through this instead of grind the next level *has* to be better right... right?

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

The next level is better! The one after that is fine too! The one after THAT is hell on earth and I have no idea who thought it was a good idea.

You tend to either be able to instantly brute force a level, or be totally unable to clear it without days of grinding. Given how exponential money works.

There's a level or two in between these two extremes, and for awhile there the bad level was in that window and I just gave up trying to squeeze out an extra regular ascension out of a run before just doing the ultra ascension. The gimmick of the level was so disruptive it was frustrating to try and set up an efficient money making tower that would allow me to actually clear the level.

Thankfully by this point that level is well within my 'brute force it easily' window.

Agent355 fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Aug 15, 2023

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Evolve experts: I would like to do an ascension prestige. What's a good feeling mastery threshold to where it doesn't feel like an utter slog to do? I've been 3-starring MADs and Bioseeds for a while now and my current mastery sits at 37%. I have a lot of crispr upgrades to get still, but I have all the creep ones at the very least.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
Ascension always feels like a slog, but I am a demon sent from hell to whisper that you should do 4* ascension “when you feel like it” and don’t worry if it takes 3-4 months. On the bright side I’m almost done with my orbital decay 4* run, just a couple more weeks!

Realistically, I wouldn’t do a 0* ascension reset till I was closer to 100% from mastery, but I don’t know what it’s like for new people anymore & I really do stand by the “when you feel like it” statement. Wait, how does a black hole reset feel? If you’re actively playing then an ascension will be 5-8 times as long in my experience.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I've only done a single 0 star black hole but it wasn't bad at all, and it was a while ago. Probably a whole work week, since I play almost exclusively while working. I think I'll 3 star a little more to get to 50% mastery then just take the plunge.

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

I started doing 4* everything after a visit in antimatter but this is definitely not optimal. My 1st ascension was after I got the transcendence crispr, but if you want to be more optimal, 1 or 2* is recommended. Then probably failed history and cataclysm (need an unstable planet). My brain just shudders at the thought of redoing stuff, but doing ascension and pillars low star first is definitely more efficient.

Zyxyz
Mar 30, 2010
Buglord
2* everything unless it's to get a perk with critical 4* bonuses is the optimal balance, imo

MattDarling
Apr 25, 2017
Tingus Goose updated the gold egg stuff, now it's clearer that the cash bonus is from your total earned. More importantly, any time you convert, you get more bonus. Which apparently wasn't true before!

So now it's not as bad to delay ascending. Although the stuff you unlock from it is pretty good, at least you aren't screwed by the partial convert.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire
Orb of Creation update dropped to beta branch today. It's a very different progression now. Still the same core feel up upgrades all day but now each upgrade works towards a level up on that category (plus a global orb category), and when you level that you get a couple points to spend on unlocking researches or upgrading spell glyphs or artifacts. The limited points means it's always a tough choice on what to get, but the next point is on the horizon.

It's a wild swirling maelstrom of numbers and interactions and after the first couple minutes there is just no waiting around. You can always be casting or upgrading or tabbing around to spend resources or trying to figure out how to unlock the next thing.

Absolutely going to lose a couple days to this and maybe a second playthrough of the current content just to do it while actually knowing what's going on.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Hell yeah I've been waiting for an Orb of Creation update.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Y'all playing microcivilization (Demo)?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WmRFL8qX3s

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1822550/Microcivilization/

CatHorse
Jan 5, 2008

Harminoff posted:

Mouse Keys don't work, so the game its makers can go to hell.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.

Harminoff posted:

Just tried it, and unlocking autoclicking takes to long for my taste. Pass.
Looks good actually besides that.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

MikusR posted:

this sounds more like a you problem than a them problem

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:
Tried it, liked the basics, but found that barbarian invasions got way too hectic at the current endgame. Apart from that, too early in development to tell.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

I gave this about 90 minutes and it felt more frustrating than satisfying to me. The pace is just wrong, it's too slow to properly play actively but requires too much babysitting to be able to focus much on anything else. I like the mechanics of cycling all your processes and heroes to build up workshop and unit charges to use in a crisis or a quest, but ultimately there's too much time where I felt I had to basically sit there and watch my screen just in case. In the end I lost because I got midjudged how long it would take for my population to overtake my housing and came back from putting some laundry on to discover I was stuck in a death spiral of crises that were too high level to solve with what I had left after however many crises I missed.

I feel the same as I did about that Lost In Space game, which is that it's got some interesting ideas but would probably be much better if they removed or at least massively reduced the timer elements and just made it into a regular non idle game.

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

MikusR posted:

code:
#Requires AutoHotkey v2.0

F1::{
loop
{
	Send "{Click down}"
	Sleep 50
	Send "{Click up}"
	Sleep 50
}	}
F2::{
reload
}
the game looks like it'd suck rear end without an autoclicker, but with one it was decently fun for a couple hours

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"
My Tingus Goose save got wiped :negative: Any way to stop this from happening in the future? I know that it's in beta but if it'll happen on and off I'll probably save my tingling for when 1.0 launches.

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

RoboCicero posted:

My Tingus Goose save got wiped :negative: Any way to stop this from happening in the future? I know that it's in beta but if it'll happen on and off I'll probably save my tingling for when 1.0 launches.

Tingus goose is basically broken, and their updates are not propagating.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Spazzle posted:

Tingus goose is basically broken, and their updates are not propagating.

You have to Krangle the Hornwazzler at least three times to unlock update propagation if it’s anything like its spiritual predecessor Zincgus Swan

Edit: this game is like Mornington Crescent right?

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Tingus Goose is extremely my jam but yeah, the game is only semi functional and there are some real annoying bugs to wait out atm.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
13,889 golden cookie clicks in cookie clicker. I am finally past the halfway point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
For reasons I can't quite articulate, I completely restarted NGU Idle and it's amazing what you take for granted- I just did the 100 level challenges all over a few days because I just couldn't stand not having smooth, automated boost transforms, for example.