Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Yeah EK is worse in every way than fighter/wizard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Just play whatever class you want since you can respec at any time.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

gradenko_2000 posted:

Quake 2 has had a raytracing implementation well before this Nightdive remake. It was one of the big "demos" for the technology.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1089130/Quake_II_RTX/

yeah i knew that i was wondering if it was implemented for this remaster

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Lostconfused posted:

Just play whatever class you want since you can respec at any time.

you want people to be class traitors :thunk:

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Respeccing from computer programmer to put nine levels into landlord

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Which class subs into robber baron?

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

trying real hard to spec out of low skill unemployed

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Taking the Rise and Grind feat and not making any progress, bugged?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I don't like how jump height in BG3 is tied to Strength. My Monk should be able to jump high!

I guess there's always the "fix" of having someone else give her the jumping buff.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Lost Kin is whooping my rear end lol, like the devs decided to make a boss specifically to show me my timing is garbage

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Ytlaya posted:

I don't like how jump height in BG3 is tied to Strength. My Monk should be able to jump high!

I guess there's always the "fix" of having someone else give her the jumping buff.

Had to give the idiot wizard special jump boots after he kept getting left behind lol

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Epic High Five posted:

Lost Kin is whooping my rear end lol, like the devs decided to make a boss specifically to show me my timing is garbage

just think of it like learning hollow knight artorias

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Ytlaya posted:

monk gets an ability that lets them double their jump distance at level 2 but it cost ki

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Ytlaya posted:

Don't skip leg day.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Arivia posted:

just think of it like learning hollow knight artorias

It's more like Margit if he summoned stormhawks instead of tossing a dagger to punish healing. I should really put spore cloud back on, it and Grimmchild are great for adds and destroyable obstacles.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

lol, traded Shaman Stone and Longnail for Lifeblood Core, Spore Shroom, and Thorns and got him next try. Just needed to complain about it on the internet I guess lol

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
i do like how the one society of brilliance scholar that wants the gith egg is the most hosed up freak in the entire game in terms of morality

since i had the egg i was considering handing it off to them but when he told me the ptarian code was the height of morality and then smugly told me that someone else would come and sell him a literal baby for his idiot torture morality box experiment i resolved to murder him on the spot

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/595841839295365125/1141459280160100502/eNQEyDG_aU2J8TC4.mp4

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

RandolphCarter posted:

monk gets an ability that lets them double their jump distance at level 2 but it cost ki

I thought that just let me use Jump as an extra action alongside Dash or Disengage. It's good if it also increases range (though I still don't have enough Ki for it to seem like a good alternative to my strong Ki attacks, especially as an Open Hand where it has extra effects).

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

huh, so a dialogue option can just kill you.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
of course

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Ok I said graphics were the only good part of Baldur's Gate 3, but, I was wrong.

Music is pretty good too.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
make some nice graphics then grainify and checkerboard or whatever else relying on temporal anti-aliasing to smear everything up :negative:

do you actually not like playing it

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

gradenko_2000 posted:

Let's put this in terms people will understand

3.5 = Bill Clinton
Pathfinder = Obama
4e = Bernie Sanders
5e = Hillary

Vampire the Masquerade = Marianne Williamson
RaHoWa = RFK Jr
GURPS = Brother Dr Cornel West

Perfectly understood

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

I think I'm having some fun, but as far as RPGs go I think old RPGs, Obsidian games, and Pathfinder ones are better.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

are you sure you don't have another 100 weird complaints to post?

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Is the rest of the game that bad?

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
all my 5'e good sir

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
I think I failed my save against the Harpy's song for real. It's been running through my head since I played that part and I keep wanting to listen to it. I'd deffo be getting my face ripped off by evil bird ladies.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
the music is great because it has the one motif that repeats a lot in different sound aesthetics, it's fun to hear the serene version, the dramatic version, the badass version

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
played the samba de amigo switch demo and despite only having 2(p bad imo) songs its a lot of fun

if there is a good enough music selection this one will reach new heights in "looking like an idiot while drunk at a party" games and hopefully the next wario ware follows suite

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

gradenko_2000 posted:

3.5 = Bill Clinton
Pathfinder = Obama
4e = Bernie Sanders
5e = Hillary

RaHoWa = RFK Jr

Runequest = Laurence Lessig

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

smarxist posted:

the music is great because it has the one motif that repeats a lot in different sound aesthetics, it's fun to hear the serene version, the dramatic version, the badass version

I love the heroic swell on a good crit kill.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

gradenko_2000 posted:

3.5 = Bill Clinton
Pathfinder = Obama
4e = Bernie Sanders
5e = Hillary

RaHoWa = RFK Jr

Paranoia = ???

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Al! posted:

trying to think of rpgs that actually have good intro sequences instead of ones you sigh and fast forward over. new vegas? that one turns you loose pretty fast

I liked Dragon Age Origins... Well their origin stories. Nice lil contained stories. Did wizard, human, and dwarf intros before I got real tired of the first warcamp set piece

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

gradenko_2000 posted:

was Tyranny any good, combat-wise?

Oh right! That game had a fantastic intro: Read a paragraph, make a choice. One of two for each area you will go to. You don't really have to understand the implications of your choices, they'll come up when you get there.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

gradenko_2000 posted:

It's pretty good imo. hardest difficulty forces you to use its systems to the fullest but it's manageable. unfortunately it gets unfunly easier toward the end. i liked it on hardest at the start but it is a ball buster in the first part of the game. but either way the combat system was pretty good iirc even when you were stompin

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
tyranny is real good

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

gradenko_2000 posted:

It's probably the worst part of the game. Really similar to pillars but the combat encounters are generally boring. Everything else is great, way better writing than the average crpg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i finished Tyranny and it loving ruled

was hoping for a bit more from the ending but it was fine