Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
The fact that the majority if wrestlers move to florida because of super lax tax laws should be kind of a tipoff, too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

lmao, entrances must suck so much for live crowds now

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

DarkstarIV posted:

Lacey's list of controversies since the start of 2023 have been pretty noteworthy, and it seems like every time she got caught in one, she was pulled off of TV immediately after.

1) Mocked a fan with Downs Syndrome, which is something even the biggest heels tend to avoid.

2) Returned to TV, just to immediately go on Instagram and talk about how processed foods cause autism.

3) Got into a fight on social media with Sgt. Slaughter and his daughter over her gimmick (which tbf Sgt. Slaughter is a piece of poo poo himself so this one is more of a wash in my eyes).

4) Went on Instagram (again) and went on a rant about how Barbie is woke garbage and how all her and her daughter needs is the great outdoors and fishing stuff. I have a feeling this one might have been the one to be the final straw for WWE, considering Mattel is one of their biggest sponsors.

Oh man shes totally going to become a chud natural lifestyle influencer

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

weekly font posted:

Oh man shes totally going to become a chud natural lifestyle influencer

She's going to become the new leader of the Outcasts debuting at Wembley.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

legit thought this was a lovely edit i didn't understand until you posted this v

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

kinda wild in 2019 that WWE came out of a mostly well-received Mania 35 and a mostly well-received MITB and decided to put Baron Corbin and Lacey Evans in title feuds

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I legitimate think AEW would not have done as well as it did at the start of their TV deal if it wasn't coupled with WWE being insanely extra petty. The week of Dynamite debut we knew Kofi was fighting Lesnar and probably losing. Two days after the first Dynamite you have Brock killing Kofi in under a minute.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

D.N. Nation posted:

kinda wild in 2019 that WWE came out of a mostly well-received Mania 35 and a mostly well-received MITB and decided to put Baron Corbin and Lacey Evans in title feuds

Main event push Lacey Evans gently caress me

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzpAYv0AP68&t=580s

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

rotinaj posted:

If the internet knew the political affiliation and reading habits of every person on wwe payroll, the screaming and wailing and gnashing of teeth would never end

Honestly you don't even have to limit it to wwe, its almost all of wrestling. There aren't too many wrestlers out there who enjoy getting dropped on their heads weekly and are also are leftists or even centrists.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

DarkstarIV posted:

Honestly you don't even have to limit it to wwe, its almost all of wrestling. There aren't too many wrestlers out there who enjoy getting dropped on their heads weekly and are also are leftists or even centrists.

Didn't Mick Foley once comment that as far as he knew, he was the only Democrat in the WWE locker room?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Raskolnikov38 posted:

lmao, entrances must suck so much for live crowds now

No, live crowds don't have to see that bullshit

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

DarkstarIV posted:

1) Mocked a fan with Downs Syndrome, which is something even the biggest heels tend to avoid.

She was practicing in a mirror?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Endless Mike posted:

No, live crowds don't have to see that bullshit

It's a wash. They don't get the dumb augmented-reality-logo bullshit TV audiences get but TV audiences also get commercials while they get people making entrances and standing around for 12 minutes until the show gets back from break so another entrance can happen

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Rollins/Lynch vs Lacey Corbin was a great match. She sucks though and i’m glad she’s gone

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Selachian posted:

Didn't Mick Foley once comment that as far as he knew, he was the only Democrat in the WWE locker room?

Well, let’s just go ahead and see what some wwf luminaries from that time are up to these days, like ka-

Oh no

How about the un-

Oh no

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

Selachian posted:

Outside of he, Danielson, Nash and in theory Cornette, I can't think of any liberals in wrestling past, present and likely future. The politicking stomps that out quickly.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Every Rollins vs. Corbin and Lacey vs. Becky match sucked, including the mixed tag, but the mixed tag had a crazy ending where Corbin hit Becky with his finisher, then pointed at Rollins and screamed WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO ABOUT IT YOU PIECE OF poo poo and what Rollins did about it was beat Baron Corbin until he was dead. Neither guy's best match but probably their peak as characters.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Island Nation posted:

Outside of he, Danielson, Nash and in theory Cornette, I can't think of any liberals in wrestling past, present and likely future. The politicking stomps that out quickly.

PAC is apparently left enough to be pro UBI. ZSJ called Rishi Sunak a dickhead on an NJPW PPV.

Score 2 for the Brits.

blunt fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Aug 16, 2023

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

blunt posted:

PAC is apparently left enough to be pro UBI. ZSJ called Rishi Sunak a dickhead on an NJPW PPV.

Score 2 for the Brits.

You might be thinking of ZSJ, not Ospreay, though Will's politics seem to have improved over time (he was known as Billy Brexit for awhile).

Here's some relevant ZSJ merch and a promo.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Island Nation posted:

I am pretty sure Batista is, and Victoria. I think Hangman is too.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Chinston Wurchill posted:

You might be thinking of ZSJ, not Ospreay, though Will's politics seem to have improved over time (he was known as Billy Brexit for awhile).

Here's some relevant ZSJ merch and a promo.

Not even British and I now want that Keychain

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Island Nation posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcX8QngWb6k

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Island Nation posted:

my boy sami

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
well lacey evans is in the alumni section now so I guess that's that

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Island Nation posted:

Danielson also thinks Kane is one of the smartest people around so uhhhhh yeah.

And yeah, WWE is very conservative, but there are a few wrestlers who are definitely left leaning (Cora Jade and Roman Reigns have both at least spoken out against Trump at least on social media), and a lot of the office workers and executives are at least donating to democratic groups, with the largest so far this year being a $1500 donation to the democratic party by Nick Khan.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Kane cleaned the gently caress up on The Weakest Link

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Being one of the smartest people in a WWE locker room is not a high bar to clear

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

RealityWarCriminal posted:

Kane cleaned the gently caress up on The Weakest Link

It's funny because I watched the latest WWE themed episode the other day and The New Day were dumb as hell, constantly breaking the chain, but avoiding getting voted off by the power of numbers (as each of them was participating on their own). Becky was consistently the strongest link through almost the entire game until The New Day voted her off. I think Becky only missed like one or two questions the entire time she was on.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

DarkstarIV posted:

It's funny because I watched the latest WWE themed episode the other day and The New Day were dumb as hell, constantly breaking the chain, but avoiding getting voted off by the power of numbers (as each of them was participating on their own). Becky was consistently the strongest link through almost the entire game until The New Day voted her off. I think Becky only missed like one or two questions the entire time she was on.

New Day had a long argument that if Jimmy and Jey Uso were born on different days, they wouldn't be twins. I can't say I'm surprised.

(Argument in question)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVkOM8xefVw

Dango Bango fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Aug 16, 2023

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
folks like Bronson Reed and Duke Hudson aren't chuds.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Theres also Leftist Superstar "The Bernie Sanders of Pro Wrestling" David Starr lol

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Liv Morgan is a hippy, straight up.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Island Nation posted:

https://twitter.com/CMPunk/status/1325124209903800322

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
the way i see it, i assume everyone is a conservative unless otherwise stated. Hasn't steered me wrong yet lol.

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry

Dango Bango posted:

New Day had a long argument that if Jimmy and Jey Uso were born on different days, they wouldn't be twins. I can't say I'm surprised.

(Argument in question)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVkOM8xefVw

The first time I watched that clip I was not prepared for the sudden appearance of Dan Rykert as the voice of reason.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Kevin Nash the other day said he offered to be the master of ceremonies at Summerslam but “They don’t want this loving liberal anywhere near that show”

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Lol first person that came to mind.

How do you forget CM Punk?

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Armitage posted:

folks like Bronson Reed and Duke Hudson aren't chuds.

I’m not even sure they’re real

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Chinston Wurchill posted:

What was that quote about "You're dumb and I know Will Ospreay?"