Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
I bet I could hit an inside the parker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I bet if I by some miracle hit that exact ball with that exact set of bounces I'd still be thrown out at third

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'd die of a heart attack a quarter of a way to 1st

Checkmate

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

Shinjobi posted:

I'd die of a heart attack a quarter of a way to 1st

Checkmate

Rangers gonna lose tonight

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Angels gonna stomp some fools

Go Shohei

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

I like this game so far

...!
Oct 5, 2003

KING TUCK

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Man Luzardo is bad lol

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

...! posted:

Angels gonna stomp some fools

Go Shohei

Inshallah

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Randy Vásquez sounds possibly good?

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

elentar posted:

Randy Vásquez sounds possibly good?

Yeah a lone bright spot so far this season...it's the Braves tho so that will fly out the window tonight. Rooting for Charlie loving Morton as well.

My wife is a Yankees fan so that's how I know and follow them so much. It's certainly been a thing

...!
Oct 5, 2003

MrMidnight posted:

Yeah a lone bright spot so far this season...it's the Braves tho so that will fly out the window tonight. Rooting for Charlie loving Morton as well.

My wife is a Yankees fan so that's how I know and follow them so much. It's certainly been a thing

Convince your wife to root for literally any other team

Do not allow Yankees evil into your home

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

MrMidnight posted:

My wife is a Yankees fan

:sever:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Run support? For Verlander?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Same old Verlander giving up runs immediately after getting a lead

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

I wonder if the Phillies will be a dogshit garbage team tonight

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

MrMidnight posted:

My wife is a Yankees fan

:yikes:

...!
Oct 5, 2003

:hmmyes:

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Who's the dude in the Blue Jays broadcast booth that sounds like a cartoon/muppet?

...!
Oct 5, 2003

The Philadelphia Phillies are dogshit garbage

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Random radio tidbit: as a kid, Charlie Morton attended the game where Jose Canseco pitched and blew his arm out

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
OK after 10 or so innings I can see where the Phillies fans are coming from. Very much the same how-are-these-guys-over-500 energy as the Jays currently

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
why are the Marlins announcers interviewing Bernie Williams about his jazz career

e: of course loving Maldonado swings at two balls with the bases loaded

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

fast cars loose anus posted:

why are the Marlins announcers interviewing Bernie Williams about his jazz career

e: of course loving Maldonado swings at two balls with the bases loaded

I may or may not have thrown stuff when I saw that.

One run with bases loaded no out. Super

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
We batted ourself out of that inning but at least Altuve plausibly could have hit that pitch somewhere nice

Maldonado should have been told he was getting yanked if he swung at all

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

MrMidnight posted:

I may or may not have thrown stuff when I saw that.

One run with bases loaded no out. Super

One more run than the Cubs usually get :v:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I can't believe we only got one run out of that

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Maldy will 100% be more productive at the plate if he never swung the bat. I'm getting too worked up when we have a 4 run lead with JV on the mound.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I'm a better hitter than Maldy

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

Who's the dude in the Blue Jays broadcast booth that sounds like a cartoon/muppet?

That's Buck Martinez, cancer survivor and former Jays catcher and manager. He's... quite a character.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Because I would not have swung at any pitch in that situation

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Do not even ask posted:

That's Buck Martinez, cancer survivor and former Jays catcher and manager. He's... quite a character.

I just like listening to him go on about whatever. Sometimes it sounds like he's about to just fly away.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Verlander sure felt like he was living on the edge that inning

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ8Cm23OnEE

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

Daulton Varsho hero arc??

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

It's so funny how booth folks covet catching a foul ball (and I totally get it).

Aaron Goldsmith almost caught one last week at a Mariners game and you could see how upset he was with himself that he didn't snag it. Just crushed.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Gerblederp posted:

Daulton Varsho hero arc??

dude's got the power in the bat, just needs to find the ball

and it looks like he's starting to

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

It's so funny how booth folks covet catching a foul ball (and I totally get it).

Aaron Goldsmith almost caught one last week at a Mariners game and you could see how upset he was with himself that he didn't snag it. Just crushed.

nobody wouldn't want a foul ball. I've never actually gotten one (not that it's typical, but I've watched a shitload of minor-league ball and been to a hundred MLB games)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
you def hosed up if Yordan Alvarez gets a triple