Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Kirios posted:

I don't care how many games the Yankees win I just want them to be literally last in their division.

Wrong.

I want them to be eliminated from the playoffs by the Astros every year for eternity.

I mean what was better than last year? Completing a sweep in Yankee stadium with like 20,000 Astros fans in attendance who all bought tickets for $20 because Yankees fans gave up?

It was beautiful - though it feels like a fitting end to the arc of the era of both teams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Sab0921 posted:

Wrong.

I want them to be eliminated from the playoffs by the Astros every year for eternity.

:hmmyes:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

zoux posted:

Basket?

INTO THE BASKET!!!

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Poque posted:

INTO THE BASKET!!!

OPEN THE WALLET

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Moreno is going to open the wallet

for Cody Bellinger who will immediately revert back to trash

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

I just want you to know that I am loving your commitment to this bit :justpost:

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

After discovering that Zac Gallen and apparently the overwhelming majority of Dbacks players strongly prefer the teal and purple jerseys to the red, I have made some decisions for when I become dictator of MLB:

New Rule: Unless you were using blue and/or red as a primary team color before 1962 along with the same name, you can not use those two colors as primary colors in your palate. Teams formed after that who use one of these colors but also have another color to help differentiate them are ok (Seattle, Milwaukee, Mets, Miami)

This means the following teams must change:

Texas
Tampa
Toronto
Minnesota
KC
Anaheim
Arizona
(Washington)

What should they change to?

Texas - idk some earthy brown cowboy poo poo
Tampa - imagine a tequila-sunrise version of their current faux-throwbacks, so like yellow/orange/light blue
Toronto - Blue Jays is a good name so we have to grandfather them in, but they must stick to powder blue and lean harder into the bird motif, think Oregon football levels of feathers and poo poo
Minnesota - I know they're the Senators but they left the name in DC so they gotta leave the colors too. New primary color is a nice forest green, like the Rockies city connects
KC - purple and gold, traditional colors of royalty. I want gold crown-like hats with purple jerseys
Anaheim - this one's tough, maybe white and gold? Definitely need halos on the hats and wings on the jersey though
Arizona - back to their already-perfect original teal & purple
Washington - they can stay red if they change their name back to Senators, I guess

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Bregor posted:

it's the only thing I'll have available to root for this fall

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

bawfuls posted:

After discovering that Zac Gallen and apparently the overwhelming majority of Dbacks players strongly prefer the teal and purple jerseys to the red, I have made some decisions for when I become dictator of MLB:

New Rule: Unless you were using blue and/or red as a primary team color before 1962 along with the same name, you can not use those two colors as primary colors in your palate. Teams formed after that who use one of these colors but also have another color to help differentiate them are ok (Seattle, Milwaukee, Mets, Miami)

Texas
Tampa
Toronto
Minnesota
KC
Anaheim
Arizona
(Washington)

Tampa - imagine a tequila-sunrise version of their current faux-throwbacks, so like yellow/orange/light blue
Toronto - Blue Jays is a good name so we have to grandfather them in, but they must stick to powder blue and lean harder into the bird motif, think Oregon football levels of feathers and poo poo
Minnesota - I know they're the Senators but they left the name in DC so they gotta leave the colors too. New primary color is a nice forest green, like the Rockies city connects
KC - purple and gold, traditional colors of royalty. I want gold crown-like hats with purple jerseys
Anaheim - this one's tough, maybe white and gold? Definitely need halos on the hats and wings on the jersey though
Washington - they can stay red if they change their name back to Senators, I guess

Hello no, the Rangers powder blues rule

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

bawfuls posted:

Nats primary color matches the party in power, so right now it's blue, but if a republican is elected it goes back to red

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Hello no, the Rangers powder blues rule
tough poo poo, get more creative

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Intruder posted:

Nats primary color matches the party in power, so right now it's blue, but if a republican is elected it goes back to red
I like this but we can do better. IF they rename to Senators, then their color = party in control of the Senate. IF they remain the Nationals (blah! boring!) then they must reflect the party control of House + Senate + Presidency. Sometimes it's a mix with one color more prominent, sometimes it's just one color.

Or maybe...

pants = House
jersey = Senate
cap = Presidency

no white pants or jerseys anymore for the Nats, lean into your jingoistic bullshit branding

bawfuls fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Aug 17, 2023

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Bregor posted:

mdemone fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Aug 17, 2023

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

bawfuls posted:

I like this but we can do better. IF they rename to Senators, then their color = party in control of the Senate. IF they remain the Nationals (blah! boring!) then they must reflect the party control of House + Senate + Presidency. Sometimes it's a mix with one color more prominent, sometimes it's just one color.

Or maybe...

pants = House
jersey = Senate
cap = Presidency

no white pants or jerseys anymore for the Nats, lean into your jingoistic bullshit branding

Or we just get to complete both my political and baseball plans of abolishing the US Senate for being an archaic stupid institution and also bringing back the Expos (whether in Montreal or Puerto Rico) and it makes this whole thing moot.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

that's cool but the reborn Expos are also not allowed to use red or blue

it's a shame because those tri-color hats were awesome, but sacrifices must be made

bawfuls fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Aug 17, 2023

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

bawfuls posted:

that's cool but the reborn Expos are also not allowed to use red or blue

Disagree. They get a pass for having the coolest hat in baseball

Also force the Brewers to bring back the glove logo hats

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

ok ok they get an exemption BUT they must ALWAYS wear the tri-color panel hats! NO EXCEPTIONS!

Intruder posted:

Also force the Brewers to bring back the glove logo hats
approved

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
The Brewers did bring back the glove logo.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

not all the time tho right? I thought its only with their alternates or something

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry

I love that all of the twitter bots are calling this ball's hit trajectory a home run in all 30 parks, despite it not officially going out in SF. Perhaps a player slow enough or that gets hurt rounding the bases fails to score a dinger.

https://twitter.com/homerunreport/status/1691931303761834128

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

bawfuls posted:

not all the time tho right? I thought its only with their alternates or something

Pretty sure it's all the time, I can't think of any other logo they have now besides City Connect stuff.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Is that Trout in the background

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Clapping Larry
The boys pointing to Trout's latest injury.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Good Dog posted:

The boys pointing to Trout's latest injury.

lol

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

mdemone posted:

I'm fine with shapes but that slope in CF like (what was it, Houston?) is absolutely not okay. it's a flat loving game.

Tal's Hill was hilariously awful and I loved it, may it rest in peace.

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band

mdemone posted:

We need real-time Hawkeye views of balls at the top of the fence.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

bawfuls posted:

Texas
Tampa
Toronto
Minnesota
KC
Anaheim
Arizona
(Washington)

The Twins were formed in 1961 so you can take their name out of your weak rear end rule along with that dogshit color choice

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Squall posted:

Tal's Hill was hilariously awful and I loved it, may it rest in peace.

did anybody ever seriously injure themselves on it? because that's all I could think whenever a ball went out there

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Mr. Fix It posted:

ichiro's in the all-star game was one too

https://youtu.be/OiwO2BjcweU

the carom on raley's was a lot more impressive

Ahaha and Griffey fielded it too since he was on the Reds by then. So cool.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Clapping Larry
The fan using Tal's Hill to escape security is the only good thing that it ever provided.

I am sad that we never got some monster 500' home run doink off of the flag pole that was in play at the top of the hill.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Imasalmon
Mar 19, 2003

Meet me in the Hall of Fame

Good Dog posted:

The fan using Tal's Hill to escape security is the only good thing that it ever provided.

I am sad that we never got some monster 500' home run doink off of the flag pole that was in play at the top of the hill.

Richie Sexson bounced one off the pole that should have been a home run, but was a double instead. Edit- it was a triple.

mdemone posted:

did anybody ever seriously injure themselves on it? because that's all I could think whenever a ball went out there

Nope.

Imasalmon fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Aug 17, 2023

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

IcePhoenix posted:

The Twins were formed in 1961 so you can take their name out of your weak rear end rule along with that dogshit color choice
my intention was for the cutoff to be "before the first expansion" and the Twins lost their rights to Red/Blue when they left the Senators name in DC

I can make the rule simpler: red & blue only allowed for original 16 franchises still using a name they used in their original city. Or simply, "only original 16 franchises" which the Twins are not if you consider them "formed" in 1961.

you're free to pick another color, sorry you hate green, it's a nice color

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

IcePhoenix posted:

I don't hate it TBH, though I have a hard time both imagining it and what on earth the Twins would wear instead of what they have right now. I will say that if the Twins aren't to be using the red, fine, but really you can't take the navy blue out of a pan-Minnesota uniform. This state is defined by water, it's literally in the name.

And if we have to pick a base color that isn't pure white (which I wouldn't hate either, too many teams in pure whites, though the Twins have been doing it since the start), go with the cream from the Twin Cities home alts. That cream is super good looking.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

ah his wallet is empty, now I see the problem

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

posting reggie sexson having his home run robbed by a flagpole again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uFSAzTld3Y

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

Popete posted:

Pretty sure it's all the time, I can't think of any other logo they have now besides City Connect stuff.

Correct. The logo was an alternate they wore on Fridays for a while until a year or two ago they fully switched to ball glove, along with uniform changes like adding rad cream color jerseys. They do have a horrendous road combo with a blue top and grey pants but thankfully they don’t wear it much.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Redeye Flight posted:

I don't hate it TBH, though I have a hard time both imagining it and what on earth the Twins would wear instead of what they have right now. I will say that if the Twins aren't to be using the red, fine, but really you can't take the navy blue out of a pan-Minnesota uniform. This state is defined by water, it's literally in the name.

And if we have to pick a base color that isn't pure white (which I wouldn't hate either, too many teams in pure whites, though the Twins have been doing it since the start), go with the cream from the Twin Cities home alts. That cream is super good looking.
blue is a perfectly acceptable secondary/highlight color and I agree it's thematically appropriate for the land of 1000 lakes

But you need another primary color to set the team apart. Cream doesn't count.

What's wrong with a nice forest green and maybe light blue highlights? All the not-water parts of the state are green as hell, because of the water!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

bawfuls posted:

ah his wallet is empty, now I see the problem

well that's why he's showing it, you see