Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I shoved 8,000 in there because I was maxed out already.

Then yesterday Buddy has a new quest that requires 4,000. Getting pretty sick of "Max out your inventory of an item so you can get a different item!" followed by "Here's a new use for that item you threw out two weeks ago!"

Yea. The name of the game has always been hoarding (as in, don't use up all of your watermelons for temple unless you want to need to grow a ton more on a whim)... but the whole setup with needing to grow melons to get a 10% chance to get a yellow melon to turn in to temple is a recipe for burnout. I think they realize this and will be cutting back on these types of temple quests in the future. Back-to-back Hot Potato to Yellow Watermelon has been brutal for a lot of people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unponderable
Feb 16, 2007

Good enough.
It would be a good time to introduce an auto-plant/harvest meal.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Ruggan posted:

Yea. The name of the game has always been hoarding (as in, don't use up all of your watermelons for temple unless you want to need to grow a ton more on a whim)... but the whole setup with needing to grow melons to get a 10% chance to get a yellow melon to turn in to temple is a recipe for burnout. I think they realize this and will be cutting back on these types of temple quests in the future. Back-to-back Hot Potato to Yellow Watermelon has been brutal for a lot of people.

I really hope they do realize it. I wouldn’t mind those sorts of events if they just made it something you could fish or find in a zone to do the temple quest, but needing to babysit a 5 min potato for weeks is just bad. It’s the waiting time that really got to me.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Yeah I immediately ignored yellow watermelons because I had cabbages to grow, but now I guess I want 5,000 watermelons anyway. Definitely don't care about growing enough for the temple - that mechanic sucked when it was introduced and it sucks even harder when used for time-limited secondary products that have to be actively managed.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

If September is just another grind fest temple chainI and a handful of bullshit quests I think I'm going to call it quits. The current STARMAP quest sucks.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

8one6 posted:

If September is just another grind fest temple chainI and a handful of bullshit quests I think I'm going to call it quits. The current STARMAP quest sucks.

Yeah I’m on part 3 and I’ve just parked it for now. I can’t be arsed with it at the moment.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
Every once in a while I check the first star map quest and see that it wants 1000 spiked shells, then I click on spiked shell and see that there are 6 quests remaining for it and I close the game.

Please don’t talk to me about the crab claw requirements.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Copied this from Reddit

General Studies Quiz ||1) 15 2) Amsterdam 3) 2 4) Terrible 5) 90 6) Arctic 7) Med 8) Firestream 9 ) Alkali 10) The lliad 11) Visit the seaside 12) 7 13) Hungary 14) Orchid 15) 366 16) 38 17) New Brunswick 18) Topaz 19) Strange Gem 20) May 12.
Movies: 1. Bueller 2. Napoleon Dynamite 3. School of Rock 4. Clueless 5. Grease 6. Into The Spiderverse
7. Mean Girls 8. Dead Poet's Society 9. Harry Potter and the Sorceror's Stone 10. Billy Madison
Merrif quiz : answers always C - third option

andy_social
Oct 29, 2008
Thanks for that. Big day for me. I got my chicken and finished the yellow watermelons. Nice to be able to plant things normally after a month and a half.

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

Chicken? What chicken?

andy_social
Oct 29, 2008

Twincityhacker posted:

Chicken? What chicken?

The raptor skin for getting 1000 losses before 100 wins.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

i'm missing two endings (one red one green) but it's the end of the workday so here's the school guide as far as i've gone
the four 'orphaned' notes are places i thought might lead to ending but haven't figured out if they do

Sorry, I thought I could spoiler the image after attaching it but it turns out not! And I can't remove it! Don't look at it if you don't want spoilers!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Ghostlight fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Aug 17, 2023

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Got my 44 crop row today he'll yeah

98 days played

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

gently caress toilet paper.

Also, are gold boots fishable using meal worms, or do you have to use one of the other ordinary baits?

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

You can use mealworms.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

You can get gold items with Mealworms, you just can't Net them. Buddyfarm says it's about 3,000 bait per boot.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

I'm so tired of potato batteries. so very tired.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Just did the math on my pies. If I sold all of them today, so no event or item of the day but with shrimp a plenty, I would make 101bn. It's so many things made for seemingly so little silver.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I saw this while looking for a different thread in games and after reading the op thought "yes sure I will add another distraction to my work" so hello friends my in game name is IcePhoenix

the beginning seems so simple and yet I already have no idea what to do :buddy:

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

Getting a bigger mailbox is pretty much the number 1 on important things to do in this game, as goons love to shove poo poo in it.

And look up sawmill silver to get you started on some monies.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

H110Hawk posted:

Just did the math on my pies. If I sold all of them today, so no event or item of the day but with shrimp a plenty, I would make 101bn. It's so many things made for seemingly so little silver.

And you know the very next day there’ll be a quest asking for 500 of each.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

monkeytennis posted:

Yeah. I'm not doing it. I sold 1 just to make sure I knew the multiplier. 1286 grape, 623 berry.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

monkeytennis posted:

The only thing you can safely sell is regular fish and it's very annoying. Quantities don't make sense, just save everything until you're voiding the rest.

My favorite one this month is you need 50x White Parchment to make Toilet Paper, but you need 1x White Parchment and 1x Purple/Green/Leather to make an entire diary. The Milk Carton recipe makes a bit more sense at least.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

They are double ply and big fuckin rolls of TP

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

MarcusSA posted:

They are double ply and big fuckin rolls of TP

Clearly if we scale it to how much you'd use for a book they are the size of tractor tires.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Finally finished the yellow melon temple.

I can stop doing watermelon bullshit and go back to corn bullshit.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

are there any specific perks I should target starting out

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

negotiator, resource saver, quicker farming, double prizes, and wanderer to start for the skill point ones
once you have an orchard, the forester ones are key

the equivalents for gold perks, forklift 1+2 once you have the storehouse, as well as reinforced netting and sprint shoes
you're also going to want a lot of the QOL stuff like like the auto petting/sending/yes I'm sure/iron depot once you reach that point too

the extra wish and grape juice ones are also super handy

expand your mailbox a bunch and goons will keep cramming oj and stuff into it

Kaboobi fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Aug 22, 2023

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Kaboobi posted:

I'm so tired of potato batteries. so very tired.

yeah i've just hit a point where all the quests are becoming loving annoying:

my cabbages
far away
corn of interest

and then more orange geckos for strange companions and loving golden boots for a wall in the way

and then there's the 2x toilet paper seasonal quests. christ.

idk why i'm even playing this.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Starting to Actually Realise Magic Ain't Pretty is such a laborious quest some of the steps are too large to display in full on the quest tracker.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

hambeet posted:

yeah i've just hit a point where all the quests are becoming loving annoying:

my cabbages
far away
corn of interest

and then more orange geckos for strange companions and loving golden boots for a wall in the way

and then there's the 2x toilet paper seasonal quests. christ.

idk why i'm even playing this.

I'm working on the golden boots for AWITW and I'm starting to get to this point as well.

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

I used the auto fishing script for them, would def recommend.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Rakeris posted:

I used the auto fishing script for them, would def recommend.

Tell me more...

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

Large Testicles posted:

the script i have should work on something other than a windows pc, it's just a browser script, but yeah, gotta be a real computer.

this is what was posted last time, i forget by who tho. you could pair it with a clicker too to use for bait other than mealworms but i'm not willing to put in that much effort, plus i dont know how to code it

e; not sure if formatting is important cause i'm not a code nerd, but it doesn't show up properly formatted in the quote and i dunno how to fix it

Check this post out.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Rakeris posted:

Check this post out.

Oh rad thanks! Now if I could only catch a boot with the 1600+ mealworms in my inventory I'd be happy.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Slimy Hog posted:

Oh rad thanks! Now if I could only catch a boot with the 1600+ mealworms in my inventory I'd be happy.

Want more?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

lol this dude is really gonna make me turn in 4950 bottles and hops incrementally isn't he

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

IcePhoenix posted:

lol this dude is really gonna make me turn in 4950 bottles and hops incrementally isn't he

Oh yeah.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

IcePhoenix posted:

He got 50 hops I grew myself and the rest I got after screaming "What's in your mouth?!" at my pets.

No regrets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

IcePhoenix posted:

You take one down, pass it around